Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2008 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I got to say once again WOW to this episode. Although not as sad as the other one, this one was actually a more fresher start. That is because there is simply more action.

Just the first segment gives us yet more into the puzzle of Luna and Casshern before he kills her. Segments not seen before. Such as the water being stained with more blood from Luna. I just wonder now if Casshern really killed her. I mean everything says yes but now he believes that Luna is alive.

Luo.........:( Too bad he dies. I was a little teary when they showed him with Luna when she was little giving him the blue flower. Now they also show us more about the blue flower and its significance and I find interesting such a meaning to find out. Also Luo's weapons remind me of her weapon: http://myanimelist.net/character/3688/Tokiko_Tsumura

Leda and Dio.....man their kiss is a first in this series. They showed us they were in love back in episode 6 but not like unlike anything such a kiss in this one. Proves the love existence once more.

Good episode!

My two cents:

1.The kiss was one scene that made me think a little different about other possible feelings within this series.
2. I liked this scene with Luo being in better shape in the field of blue flowers with Luna being so young and innocent.

After subs thoughts

I am thinking now that Leda might be using Dio for another purpose she knows only.

Another thing that keeps me wondering is what would happen should Dio (assuming the role of a second Braiking boss) meet the original and first Braiking boss? Assuming it may happen, will a war erupt again or will they join forces against Casshern?

The next episode seems to be about a person protecting the humans and yet another crazy battle with Casshern. Casshern will be using his rocket boosters again :3 I like those rocket pods he has.

slayer545-samaDec 7, 2008 4:26 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 7, 2008 5:36 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode.Luo fight seances were nice.

So Dio is gathering all these forces just to kill Casshern and it looks like Leda have some other plans.
kie_Dec 7, 2008 5:52 AM
Dec 7, 2008 4:20 PM

Aug 2008
Blah...yet another episode where the focus character dies...how many times have I said that now?

This show is going nowhere...presentaition can only take you so far. It seems that there is not modicum of plot to deal with. Why is it that the robots say "There's a rumor Luna is alive" and automatically the Casshern Trio believe it to be true. Can they not think for themselves? I just want this show to be over so I know whether or not I have wasted my time...14 more episdoes is sounding like forever.
Dec 7, 2008 6:09 PM

Sep 2008
I am repeating this since ep6: "I will wait next episode and hope that story will get some progress and explanation"....
This one was closest to progress so far. I am still confused as hell, and still waiting that NEXT episode which somehow refuses to come.
There is only 14 episodes left, some development would be nice.
Dec 7, 2008 6:17 PM

Sep 2007
noteDhero said:
Blah...yet another episode where the focus character dies...how many times have I said that now?

Er? Did he die?

*watches the end again*

No, you are mistaken, I think. He gets up and walks away. Still, I agree that it was ridiculous that all three Casshern clones automatically assume Luna is alive. It's sad, but the side cast/cannon-fodder of Casshern is far better than its main cast.

nina4life said:

I disagree. The story of Casshern should be ignored. Casshern should be an episodic series with all of these awesome side stories. The plot is just dragging it down.
Dec 7, 2008 6:43 PM
Oct 2008
Great episode focusing more on the villians of the story, it was touching and i know there has been plenty said this animation is amazing you can see the hard work pay off with each scene
Dec 7, 2008 6:49 PM
Nov 2007
i lol'd when luo called dio casshern XDDD
ohgod dio got so pissed off :x
i was like "dont say it. dont say it.."
and he did and i was like "LOL"

ahh goodtimes.

anyway, that leda girl seems to be a sneaky one :S

lol @ close to zero casshern screen time.

akagi111 said:
Great episode focusing more on the villians of the story, it was touching and i know there has been plenty said this animation is amazing you can see the hard work pay off with each scene
casshern is the villan, dio is second braiking boss.
Dec 7, 2008 9:26 PM

Jan 2008
lol sorry if im asking this in the wrong thread but do u know what the song at the end of the episode was? I've heard it several times in previous episodes but i didn't really notice it until now. Otherwise, i kind of agree on the part on what noteDhero said where this anime is going nowhere, but nevertheless I still enjoyed it ^_^ don't know why though.

Dec 8, 2008 1:22 AM

Jun 2007
I knew Leda would open her eye in an evil and 'ill make you think what i want' way so i lol'd when it happened.
naikou said:
I disagree. The story of Casshern should be ignored. Casshern should be an episodic series with all of these awesome side stories. The plot is just dragging it down.

I really, really hope thats not the case. Side stories and no fights is just annoying.
Dec 8, 2008 1:36 AM

Sep 2007
hanabiii said:
naikou said:

I really, really hope thats not the case. Side stories and no fights is just annoying.

Don't worry, it's already not the case. If it were, Dio and Leda would never have been introduced, and this whole 'Let's go find Luna!' foolishness wouldn't exist.
Dec 8, 2008 6:51 AM

Jul 2007
this ep was a little story progressing.
on the other hand im not as impressed as i was with the last few eps.
i just didn't feel down or sad which i usually feel after watching casshern.

once again the bg music was awesome.
ill ask this once again? when is the ost comming?
cant wait...
Dec 8, 2008 9:06 AM
Oct 2008
casshern is a fundamental work at least in what it expresses, that pushes the being to survive and that makes of him an aware being and desirant survive in the disordered world roughly why to live while the desolation and destruction are close, so close. Casshern is the man who doubts as us who are in the centre of the own destruction of our world, we are the representatives not knowing how to make to explain why of our acts and especially of consequences, doubt, guilt and remordds of a forgotten act shade of which is presente every day, why is fundamental!. See robots with a desir of food, human beings lost in the absurd of chaos qi can live only to realiser dreams if pathetiques (to fight has die from it, sivre a way while death is presente, to hear the sound of a bell this type of quete which makes that the man desire follow his life with an impossible dream in reality..that's why i love this anime
Dec 8, 2008 12:48 PM
Apr 2008
naikou said:
No, you are mistaken, I think. He gets up and walks away. Still, I agree that it was ridiculous that all three Casshern clones automatically assume Luna is alive.

How so? Why would they have reason to doubt its truth? Rumors can often stem from truth as well. Rumors are also a source of information in this world as was the case with the robot colonist that accepted death. And Casshern is desperate for answers so why wouldn't he cling to whatever modicum of hope possibile?

nina4life said:

We already have, Casshern has learned to live on and find answers while Dio's taken the role of Braiking Boss. We know why the pink haired chick is following Casshern and he made amends with Freinder.

I really, really hope thats not the case. Side stories and no fights is just annoying

Every episode has had a fight dude.
DoveDec 8, 2008 1:08 PM
Dec 8, 2008 1:11 PM

Sep 2007
Miasma said:
naikou said:
No, you are mistaken, I think. He gets up and walks away. Still, I agree that it was ridiculous that all three Casshern clones automatically assume Luna is alive.

How so? Why would they have reason to doubt its truth? Rumors can often stem from truth as well. Rumors are also a source of information in this world as was teh case with the robot colonist that accepted death. And Casshern is desperate for answers so why wouldn't he cling to whatever modicum of hope possibile?

You don't think that it's a little odd that some random robot walking around makes a statement like, "There's a rumor that Luna is alive." And Leda jumps to, "Never thought Luna would still be alive."

It's the equivalent of a hobo on the street saying "There's a rumor that John F Kennedy is still alive." And then you respond with, "JFK is alive!? That's very interesting!"

Why in the world would you believe a statement like that? It's one thing to start suspecting that something like that may be true, but to believe it wholeheartedly without any supporting evidence is ridiculous.
Dec 8, 2008 2:20 PM

Feb 2008
naikou said:

nina4life said:

Nah

At least there was some plot progression this time instead of the usual episodic affairs that are supposed to be 'moving' and 'emotional'.

Also.. regarding the goals of Dio and Leda..

Dec 8, 2008 2:51 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode once again. I understand the motives and logic behing Leda and Dio a bot more now, and we still got to see the usual awesome themes. Wonder if Luna is still alive now (that would be strange but why not?).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 8, 2008 6:00 PM

Sep 2008
Who the hell is braiking boss?
If I missed something, name the episode so I rewatch.

If it is from manga, don't say what or who it is because I will be even more confused.
Dec 8, 2008 7:48 PM

Apr 2007
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 8, 2008 8:23 PM

Jun 2007
nina4life said:
Who the hell is braiking boss?
If I missed something, name the episode so I rewatch.

If it is from manga, don't say what or who it is because I will be even more confused.

watch the original series and you'll know.

This episode was great. Loved the fight! I wish it was a tad bit longer though.
Dec 8, 2008 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
Pretty good ep. I liked how it focused on Dio instead of Casshern. So instead of one whiny emo we see another whiny emo.
I hated how that servant guy fought. A bunch of blades coming out of him? Pretty stupid.

My problem with Casshern Sins is that it takes forever to go no where. Seriously, what happened in this ep? Nothing. There's no real plot other than "Kill Casshern. We don't want to die. Find Luna." It's getting old. Hopefully there's more to the main plot.

ZA WARUDO
Dec 9, 2008 6:28 AM

Feb 2008
Fucking awesome.
Dec 9, 2008 8:02 AM

Mar 2008
Wow.. the plot finally starts to move...

Anyway, that Dio guy seems incredibly easy to manipulate... Leda won't have a hard time doing so xD
Dec 9, 2008 11:10 PM

Sep 2007
Corrupt_Id said:
Pretty good ep. I liked how it focused on Dio instead of Casshern. So instead of one whiny emo we see another whiny emo.

LOL
and Dio is even more emo than Casshern imo
Dec 10, 2008 3:56 PM

Dec 2008
All in al I'd say this was a dicent episode. The story was a bit lacking for me, but the fight scene made up for most of it.
Dec 12, 2008 3:48 AM

Sep 2008
another great episode to this amazing series. it was interesting to see an episode focused on casshern foes instead of him. i must say i really like the character desgins in this anime. Dio, Leda and Dune all look awesome. i'm also glad to see Dune didn't die because he seems like a character who would be great to fight against casshern :P
Dec 13, 2008 1:54 AM

Mar 2008
Evil woman is evil!

Interesting episode with some nice action and some insight into the story, but not as great as the one before.
Anyone else who thinks that the little white haired girl from the first episode might be Luna?
Dec 13, 2008 2:20 AM
Nov 2008
I thought it was the better episode out of the last few.
I also think its not too far fetched for them to think luna might be alive,
i mean , what else is there to do in that world huh ? lol
Dec 13, 2008 2:20 PM
Apr 2008
again some of u are wrong. if u have been paying attention there have been 3 ep's where there have been hints that luna is alive. yes the story needs to pick for sure. but they did mention the luna rumour earlier in the series. And btw noteDhero i apologize for my comments with regards to ur thoughts on another anime series. they were highly uncalled for
Dec 14, 2008 7:22 AM

Aug 2008
Last couple of eps have bordered on boring for me. But this one kicked it up a notch. It looks like there is a lot of jealousy and disgust towards Casshern. The fight scene was beautiful & it looks like the series is finally starting to point in a particular direction. Whether Luna is truly alive or not, its too early for me to have an opinion.
Dec 14, 2008 10:31 PM

May 2008
not the best casshern ep ive seen, but again the action was amazing. well done.
Dec 15, 2008 1:32 PM

Feb 2008
Still not as good as it could be..... but the atmosphere is unbeatable imo!
Dec 18, 2008 10:23 PM

Dec 2007
Exactly the kind of episode we've been waiting for, maybe this series is headed somewhere.
Jan 17, 2009 5:56 AM

Dec 2008
Cool episode

I don't understand why Luo can fight that good,when he walks like a half dead snail.

I think this side character episode was very well done even without much screentime of casshern.

Last time Dio was more confident than now
He is jealous of casshern,but I dont know exactly why.

I love this dark and end time atmosphere in this show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 8:12 AM

Jan 2008
This episode wasn't one of my favourites, but I do have to admit that the fight scenes were amazing!
Nov 6, 2010 4:55 PM

Dec 2008
Leda seems a little satanic to me. I don't think she loves Dio at all. I think she's just using him to further her agenda. Pretty soon she'll be stabbing him in the back...literally.
I don't know why, but Dune made me feel really sad.
Aug 6, 2011 8:18 AM
Jan 2010
Did anyone enjoy Leda's fighting style as much as i did? Very fluid - probably to enhance the difference in gender between herself and Dio and Casshern...

Interesting episode though, however, the plot could be moving a bit faster!
Oct 6, 2012 12:06 AM

Apr 2011
Here my theory so far: Leda, Casshern & Dio are all same type of robots, build to kill Luna, but Casshern got her first. What peak my interest about Leda, is how she gonna overcome the "ruin" and follow through with her objective of ruling the world with Dio.

Nice fight scenes in this episode.
May 17, 2013 11:35 AM
Aug 2011
LamarLamburn said:
Did anyone enjoy Leda's fighting style as much as i did? Very fluid - probably to enhance the difference in gender between herself and Dio and Casshern...

I enjoyed it.

Actually I thought this was one of the best episodes so far.
Oct 4, 2013 6:05 AM

Apr 2013
These fight scenes are simply stunning.
Dec 21, 2013 12:42 PM

Aug 2012
The second episode I didn't enjoy. Dio and Leda bore me...
Feb 21, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice focus shift, and well I wonder what Dio will do to actually think of stopping Casshern! And well I also wonder if Luna is actually dead or not!
Feb 28, 2014 4:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed this episode. Taking the focus away from Casshern to Dio and Leda (I'd like her to kiss me like that too!) was a nice change of pace. Dio's jealousy of Casshern knows no bounds.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 21, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
IMHO, that red chick, Leda, is wicked hot.
Jan 4, 2016 2:12 AM

Jan 2013
Nice change of pace this episode, also loved the ost, especially the last song.
Jan 7, 2016 11:26 PM

Jan 2010

Oh hey, blue flowers, just like the opening song. I don't know if that's supposed to mean anything, but it's there.

Here's an episode that both reaches into the past and takes steps forward in the story. I'm unsure about Dio using the name Braiking Boss as, as implied by the episode, Braiking Boss himself once failed to create a robotic world. Trying to become the second shouldn't bode well in advertisement, but apparently it worked. Episode after episode, layers are peeled back and we get more glimpses into the past. In some ways, this is a tease, as the mystery isn't a convoluted plot, but pieces of information that multiple characters seem to know, but aren't nice enough to share.

Though, this may be to put ourselves in Casshern's shoes. He may also be slowly remembering his past, but all he may have to work with are small flashbacks to his old self committing the murder. It's also a way to keep viewers watching, though it does make me like I'm being strung along. I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt though, as I'm still enjoying thus far. There's so much mystery to this world, and there's still no clarification on how long it's been since the Ruin had started. The fact that Luna's existence is even being questioned is fascinating, as it's almost a test of faith.
Jun 1, 2019 6:47 AM

Jul 2016
I liked this episode a lot, mainly for the focus on Dio and his realtion with Casshern. Hope this Anime pumps out better episodes like these.
Apr 12, 2020 2:37 PM

Apr 2008
Am I the only one who just loves Dio's salt? he gets so mad and the animation/character layout just hams.

"Casshern!"

"SAY SIKE RIGHT NOW!"
May 23, 2020 1:26 PM

Feb 2020
This show manages to put in every single episode that one scene that is gonna bring me to tears. Here, that was the ex-guard trying to grab the flower until it got destroyed in his hand. So simple yet so meaningful.
I must admit I didn't like this episode as much as the last one (then again, the last one was a literal masterpiece in my eyes), however it was still very good. Not having Casshern for an entire episode felt a bit weird but I can see how it was necessary.
The ex-guard falling into madness due to not being able to accept Luna's death really moved me, and I'm starting to really like Dio's character. He is clearly being manipulated by the woman (forgot her name), she's deciding everything for him, and he follows, just because she's the only one who doesn't see Casshern in him. Once again, a very interesting character.
Jun 22, 2020 6:13 AM

Sep 2018
Good episode, though not quite on the level of the last one. I wonder if the Ruin degrades not just the body, but the mind as well. It would go a long way towards explaining why every unnamed robot acts like a generic anime delinquent.
Jun 17, 2021 8:56 AM

May 2020
Pretty interesting episode. Leda's sort of like a Lady Macbeth and Dio has a massive inferiority complex with regards to Casshern.

Also, did anyone want Dio to say "Casshern janai! KONO DIO DA!!!"

No ? Just me ? Alright then.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.