Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2008 6:44 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's unfortunate that Cachua and Wycliffe died in such a horrible way....I must admit that this is one of the few times I am really shocked by a character's death.... Not to say that they were secondary characters....

The message is clear: war is blind and cruel....

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 5, 2008 8:14 AM

Jan 2008
Amazing end to the entire assault. The setpieces and pacing, the scene art and composition, it was all brilliant and what an explosive climax. I actually thought both characters would stick around to be in the main cast so I'm sad they're gone. Just a brilliant way to end their arcs, especially the girl, that brief moment where she sees her own body and is shot dead an instant later. Gut-punchingly brilliant.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 5, 2008 7:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Cihan said:
Amazing end to the entire assault. The setpieces and pacing, the scene art and composition, it was all brilliant and what an explosive climax. I actually thought both characters would stick around to be in the main cast so I'm sad they're gone. Just a brilliant way to end their arcs, especially the girl, that brief moment where she sees her own body and is shot dead an instant later. Gut-punchingly brilliant.

wait and see... it just keeps getting better....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 13, 2009 11:56 AM

Jun 2009
I've already got a feeling they were going to die anyway since the tunnel...but still, the way they went was still shocking and executed perfectly. No extra frills, just ruptured torsos, blasted guts and mutilated limbs. Pretty bummed that Wycliffe had to go like that, though, I always thought he was a pretty cool guy.
Apr 15, 2012 8:45 AM

Apr 2010
I totally didn't expect Katia to die like that. I just figured she'd turn into an android or something.

May 12, 2012 10:17 PM

Aug 2010
Beatnik said:

This.

That was just superb.
May 26, 2013 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
Holy shit, that surprised the hell out of me. I thought he would save her, you know redeem himself for sitting and watching that girl die before. But, no, war isn't like that. No redemption at all. I feel terrible for Kachua, though. Can you imagine seeing your body in a state like that? You think you are going to be all okay and then suddenly, just like that, everything is over. Just fucking damn.

Brilliant end to the volume. Well, the manga has been superb so far, I hope it keeps it up.
Ston3_FreeN7May 26, 2013 2:01 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 23, 2013 1:37 AM

Nov 2009
Holy shit! I really though she was alive, and he had saved her ... And then I saw that she only had half of her body. Sad. What a sad life she lived. Well that sucks, but oh well.
Jul 23, 2013 1:47 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, just remembering this chapter reminds me of how torn I was after seeing kachua & Wycliffe being killed in such a gruesome way.
Goddamn, I need to continue this.
Apr 20, 2014 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
War is depressing, or maybe this manga is so far. I was putting my money on Wycliffe saving Kachua and redeeming himself, but in turn got to experience one of the best death scenes I've seen. I hope Elijah doesn't blame himself too much for missing his first shot. He's a kid afterall.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 21, 2014 5:28 AM

Sep 2013
Wow that was a depressing, but a very well done death. I really liked Kachua and Wycliffe, sad to see them go away like that. :(

This manga is so good.
Jun 16, 2014 1:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Superb. One of the best battles I've ever seen in manga. Gripping stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 1, 2014 11:26 PM

Aug 2014
It's really depressing to know that Katia and Wycliffe already death.
May 4, 2015 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
pretty fucking good
Jul 8, 2015 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
Damn that was an awesome battle sequence. Would've beat my house on Wycliffe saving her but nope... she died too. It shocked me a little, I just sat there for a bit afterwards reflecting on the fact they both actually died, really cruelly.
May 1, 2016 2:37 PM

Dec 2014
I almost didn't post here. Everyone else has already said what I was thinking. I thought Wyclef was going to redeem himself. Even when he was being shot up. I figured it looks like he's going to die but save Katia at least in the process. You see her alive after the mine goes off. So at least she survived but then she looked down. Ok well now they will put her in some kind of new cyber body. Then that shot to the head ended that thought. And that poor kid missed the sniper with a shot that could have saved them. And Helena mad at the Colonel for doing what he had to do. Pretty dark ending for all of them. But an amazing ending. Even though it didn't end the way I had thought or hoped. I like that it ended unlike any Hollywood ending except for maybe a Tarintino ending. I do love being unable to guess what was going to happen. That's very satisfying for me. I hate typical endings I can see a mile away. This was definitely not one of those.
Sep 16, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
Well that happened, thought they'd survive really, but oh well. Didn't expect to like this manga so much.
Nov 8, 2018 4:38 AM
Jan 2015
KitaTsuki said:
I totally didn't expect Katia to die like that. I just figured she'd turn into an android or something.

same .. i thought they would give her android body like sophia . I am enjoying it more than AOT
Dec 26, 2018 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
Farabeuf said:
Superb. One of the best battles I've ever seen in manga. Gripping stuff.

Definitely! I had some Saving Private Ryan vibes from this.

But MAN I didn't think Kachua would die, I thought the mine might just be weak enough that Wycliffs body would protect her, damn that shot to her body after was intense. Was mad at the Colonel for a second, but what could they even do with her stomach and intestines strewn about. Damn she my favorite character, but still good chapter.
Dec 26, 2018 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
Arcanix said:
Well that happened, thought they'd survive really, but oh well. Didn't expect to like this manga so much.

Same, the first volume was kindof annoying actually
May 19, 2022 9:52 PM
Feb 2018
Holy fuck, this manga doesn't hold back. This is one of the few times I was actually hoping they'd both live, then I was expecting that at least Katia would live with Wycliff's sacrifice, then I was hoping they'd get her an android body... But nope, headshot. One of the most impactful deaths I've seen lately, more often than not mangas try too hard to make you sad for characters you just met and they sacrifice themselves for some dumb reason, but this hit different. It wasn't preventable and just sucks for everyone involved.
Feb 1, 2023 2:18 PM
Oct 2015
Man good chapter, but the whole “i killed them so they wont feel the pain” rhetoric is fucking annoying as hell. It just pisses me off

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

oblow20 - Apr 27, 2010

54 by Miyamotodex23 »»
Apr 24, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 60 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 9, 2008

10 by rodmanii »»
Jan 27, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 41 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 12, 2013

6 by rodmanii »»
Jan 20, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 25 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Dec 15, 2012

13 by rodmanii »»
Jan 17, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 22, 2012

8 by rodmanii »»
Jan 16, 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.