Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2008 6:52 PM

Oct 2007
This is kinda interesting in that unlike most harem leads he is almost actively leading them on. He kinda egged on Ami and Minori,well he's trying to develop that relationship. Other harem leads just do it by inactivity.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 4, 2008 6:55 PM

Jun 2008
I now support Ryuuji x Minori. It probably won't happen though :<
Dec 4, 2008 6:56 PM

Nov 2008
Excuse me? Anyone who says that this anime is becoming bad because it's becoming a harem doesn't know what the definition of a harem is. This whole series was based on the premise of two close friends liking two other people, with the 5th character being introduced to like the lead main, Ryuuji. Whether they pull a swerve or not and go with the least obvious relationships remains to be seen, however, there is nothing wrong with the "harem" side of the equation, as it's not like all the lead females are going for the main guy (at least not yet). Even if they were, strong plotlines and characters would have lead up to it. So please, get your hand off it hey?

AnistylezDec 4, 2008 7:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Dec 4, 2008 7:06 PM

Nov 2008
Stomachbutterfly said:
I never said I'd hate the show if it became a harem, it's just not my personal preference. I never said it would make the show bad either, I still think this is one of the best romance comedies I've seen in a really long time. So, I don't think my dislike of the harem aspect that may or may not even continue, makes me an idiot lol.

To me a harem is when multiple girls like one guy? lol

I respect your opinion hey, but how is it becoming a harem in any shape or form? :| A harem is when there is one male lead and all of the females jostle to try and win him over. This isn't like that at all. There are many possible relationships, therefore it is a ROMANCE/comedy anime. There are no harem elements so far, only a love square with Kawashima in the middle. Even now, I'm hoping for a few swerves.. there is nothing set in concrete... therefore, there isn't even the faintest glimpse of harem elements.

Oh and it was a good episode really lol. They have a good formula going on.

Toradora is the best thing to happen in anime in 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Dec 4, 2008 7:06 PM

Feb 2008
hirahira said:

Really? I'm hoping more for a Taiga x Ryuuji.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Dec 4, 2008 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
Sayalol said:
hirahira said:

Really? I'm hoping more for a Taiga x Ryuuji.

Taiga X Ryuuji is the more obvious one lol...I am kind of in support of Ryuuji x Minori as well. I agree though, it is not likely to happen. Which is fine, I like Dragon x Tiger as well.

Dec 4, 2008 7:09 PM

Jun 2008
Not quite as good as the previous episode I felt, still alright though. Man from what I took of it, it seems that all three of the girls like Ryuuji! Lucky guy!
Dec 4, 2008 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
Stomachbutterfly said:
Swiftstylez said:
Stomachbutterfly said:
I never said I'd hate the show if it became a harem, it's just not my personal preference. I never said it would make the show bad either, I still think this is one of the best romance comedies I've seen in a really long time. So, I don't think my dislike of the harem aspect that may or may not even continue, makes me an idiot lol.

I respect your opinion hey, but how is it becoming a harem in any shape or form? :| A harem is when there is one male lead and all of the females jostle to try and win him over. This isn't like that at all. There are many possible relationships, therefore it is a ROMANCE/comedy anime. There are no harem elements so far, only a love square with Kawashima in the middle. Even now, I'm hoping for a few swerves.. there is nothing set in concrete... therefore, there isn't even the faintest glimpse of harem elements.

Oh and it was a good episode really lol. They have a good formula going on.

Toradora is the best thing to happen in anime in 2008.

It may not become a harem, but IF Minori starts to like him, and Taiga realizes she likes him, and Ami is obviously making passes at him, it would be harem like.

There will be GLIMPSES of haremness, at best, as from the start it wasn't that way inclined. If all of the lead females like him, then two of them are going to have to be turned down and one of the turned down females is going to end up with his friend. You have nothing to worry about if that's the way the series is going, which I honestly doubt. One girl is going to have to miss out on a lead character relationship lol. That is going to be sad. My bet is Ami.

Dec 4, 2008 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
Pretty decent episode in my opinion, since we got a little more clarification from Ami and Minori.

I've been thinking that we may have been going towards a TaigaxRyuuji ending, but now I can't really tell at all.
Dec 4, 2008 8:49 PM

Nov 2008
nice ep.
not as funny as the past few but the story is developing nicely.

I am liking Ami more and more.
hi
Dec 4, 2008 10:25 PM

Aug 2008
Aw I loved this episode! drama, drama, drama! So now Ryuuji basically has three girls after him. I could even slightly see him ending up with Ami.

I think it's going to be Ryuuji/Taiga, but I would be totally cool with Ryuuji/Minori. I love how Minori has developed - she's real now and it makes her that much more appealing. Man, this series rules. It's like Zero no Tsukaima except with an actual story and no ex machina!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 4, 2008 10:43 PM

Aug 2008
Although Stomachbutterfly, I'm with you on best friends getting together in the end. That's always the best and when it's painfully obvious and it doesn't happen, it's just too sad. (like in Honey and Clover. Ugh! That ending made me want to throw up!)

But I'd be ok right now with Ryuuji/Minori because Taiga doesn't appreciate Ryuuji and before this trip, never even made an attempt to help him get Minori even though he does everything for her. So it's hard to see them as "best friends."

I'm good with either (which is rare for me, i.e. Harry Potter - I got insane about specific pairings), but right now, I'm leaning Ryuuji/Minori just because I think they'de be cute and because I can see Ryuuji/Taiga staying friends.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 4, 2008 11:22 PM

Jul 2008
Swiftstylez said:
I respect your opinion hey, but how is it becoming a harem in any shape or form?
Its mostly all these Clannad(or any Key production for that matter) kool-aid drinkers that are all screaming "WELL I WANT HIM TO CHOOSE THIS GIRL" instead of just accepting that a Ryuuji x Taiga ending is a 99.9% possibility.

At least that's it from my perspective, and I'm probably holding too much against the anime and not the people commenting on it lol.
Dec 4, 2008 11:40 PM

Sep 2008
I want Taiga to fall in love with Ryuuji
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Dec 4, 2008 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
Jarmel said:
This is kinda interesting in that unlike most harem leads he is almost actively leading them on. ... Other harem leads just do it by inactivity.

I agree with the inactivity part, but I also think it's more about indecisiveness. And it's pretty clear Ryuuji wants Minori. As for the other girls, it seems he is content to just be friends with both. For me, that's why this doesn't feel like a typical harem anime, which is why I like it.
Dec 4, 2008 11:51 PM

May 2008
Zange said:
Ami + Breasts = 5/5 /Thread

QFT

Dec 5, 2008 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
LeapofFate said:

I have yet to see anything that leads to Minori being romantically attracted to Ryuuji. Emotionally yes they have connected, but romantically I have seen nothing. I can see how you can make a case for it but it is certainly not "obvious" by any means.

As for Ami, she seems to just be playing the role of the lonely temptress. Which pretty much means she is using Ryuuji as an outlet to express how lonely she is, and its pretty obvious that she isn't really even a candidate.
Dec 5, 2008 1:21 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
cute episode.
i wonder who Ryuuji will end up with...
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 5, 2008 1:46 AM

Nov 2008
Defiance said:
LeapofFate said:

I have yet to see anything that leads to Minori being romantically attracted to Ryuuji. Emotionally yes they have connected, but romantically I have seen nothing. I can see how you can make a case for it but it is certainly not "obvious" by any means.

As for Ami, she seems to just be playing the role of the lonely temptress. Which pretty much means she is using Ryuuji as an outlet to express how lonely she is, and its pretty obvious that she isn't really even a candidate.

Ami connection with Ryuuji is definitely strange, it looks like shes playing around with him but sometimes she can get strangely serious. She may fall for him for real while playing around. Ami did more or less tried to distance Ryuuji and Minori in her advice. Ami is so hard to read that why she is the most interesting girl to me (but her relationship with Ryuuji has the most honesty in it out of the three imo)
As for Minori, that little talk with Ryuuji near the end kinda sad , no quite sure his feeling was understood or not. They strangely distanced from each other.
Taiga least interesting for me, while she can be a complex chara her connection with Ryuuji kinda straightforward

Dec 5, 2008 3:53 AM

Nov 2008
ALTIMIT said:
Defiance said:
LeapofFate said:

Ami connection with Ryuuji is definitely strange, it looks like shes playing around with him but sometimes she can get strangely serious. She may fall for him for real while playing around. Ami did more or less tried to distance Ryuuji and Minori in her advice. Ami is so hard to read that why she is the most interesting girl to me (but her relationship with Ryuuji has the most honesty in it out of the three imo)
As for Minori, that little talk with Ryuuji near the end kinda sad , no quite sure his feeling was understood or not. They strangely distanced from each other.
Taiga least interesting for me, while she can be a complex chara her connection with Ryuuji kinda straightforward

I think more that Ryuuji is trying to get inside the bubble world of Minori and understand her that way which in turn has to do with UFOs and ghosts. Like I said in #9, replace those two terms by love along with its elements. and you might get a better answer.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 5, 2008 6:17 AM

Dec 2007
nice development between ryuji and minorin.. im supporting them all the way.. im fine if it turns out to be taiga and ryuji.. i kinda feel a little sorry for kawashima
Dec 5, 2008 8:04 AM

Aug 2008
Swiftstylez said:
Stomachbutterfly said:
Swiftstylez said:
Stomachbutterfly said:
A harem is when there is one male lead and all of the females jostle to try and win him over.
It may not become a harem, but IF Minori starts to like him, and Taiga realizes she likes him, and Ami is obviously making passes at him, it would be harem like.
There will be GLIMPSES of haremness, at best, as from the start it wasn't that way inclined.
Harem, harem, harem... this is what a harem anime is, so says TVTropes.org. Basically, Swiftstylez was right.

I'm all for MinorixRyuuji, maybe because I prefer "First Girl Wins" endings, maybe because I think that that relationship has the greatest character development potential.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 5, 2008 8:52 AM

Nov 2008
Yes it is very true, but that happens with every anime lol :) No one wants the obvious to happen, but sometimes the obvious is still good hah

I think that no matter what characters end up with which, this series is gold lol

LOveeee Toradora :P
AnistylezDec 5, 2008 8:55 AM

Dec 5, 2008 11:22 AM
Dec 2007
We're being slowly shown Minori's backstory. She basically tells Ryuuji that she's not ready for love, reasons currently unknown, but maybe if Ryuuji keeps trying, she will be able to love one day. Their friendship strengthened, and Ryuuji certainly has a lot more confidence now, but it's obvious Minori isn't interested in that way yet.

Now, Taiga's sad expression is quite likely because she is troubled by the fact Ryuuji is actually progressing but she's still stuck in the same place with Kitamura showing no signs of liking her more (unlike the past), and she obviously can't ever feel well when around him.

Ami is more or less on the same boat, since none of her advances worked at all on Ryuuji. For the most part, all she managed was confirm that Ryuuji always worries about everyone too much, hence why he helped her back during the stalker incident.

Dec 5, 2008 12:02 PM

Aug 2008
I don't think Ami is a bad person really, given her background of being some model superstar.

But it's really hard to tell, if she's going after Ryuuji because he's not oogling after her, or because she really sees him a genuine person.

My impression of Minori's attitude is that maybe beneath all that happy facade, is really someone who's lonely and looking for someone.

We all know Taiga turns into a mess around Kitamura, but you know she's like really good friends with Ryuuji. But if she does end up with Ryuuji, you know it's like "2nd best."

I see both Ami and Minori as fairly similar in terms of demeanor, but with different ways of expressing the facade.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Dec 5, 2008 12:08 PM
Nov 2007
First of all let me just say im glad to see Anilinkz is back up. Let their be cake! Lie or not it shall be so!

Comments made while watching:

-Scaring Minorin? She usually is the one scaring me, but in a fun way. ^_^

-*smiles* I oh am seeing a very fun time with Minorin in this episode.

-I agree lets scare Ami too!

-Nagi: "Minorin is spirited." Yeah and fire is hot.

-Hooray Ami fanservice!

-Ami: "How's my cleavage?" The fact that Takasu's nose isnt bleeding is amazing.

-Ami: "Oh thats right youve seen me with my bikini on at school." He has also seen you with your Bikini off at school, compliments of Nagi :D

-Ok he just called out to the girls to announce he is going to use the toilet...yeah thats not suspicious or odd in the least bit.

-Minorin's imagination is many times scarier than any trap Kitamura can cook up.

-Hmm...something tells me that Ami has taken an active role despite her apparent apathy.

-If Ami planned this whole thing she is a genius! She managed to get Takasu alone with her.

-Wait Ami says that Takasu is the moon and Minorin is the sun...is that an attempted Romeo and Juliet Allusion?

-Minorin: "Correct, I am Kushieda Minori, also known as Minorin. I am the criminal!" Priceless! :D

-LOL Minorin was the mastermind and Kitamura is a double agent!

-While Takasu and Minorin are talking about wanting to show each other ghosts, the cast of Ghost Hunt pulls up. ^_^ Seriously that series needs a second season.

-You know, I bet Minori and Haruhi would get along great.

-To Minori, fireworks exploding in the distance = a ufo exploding an a galactic war. Damn I just love how her mind works! :D

Post Episode Comments:

Another great episode, entertaining and also full of character development. We are further shown that Minori is much more complex then she may at first appear to be. Ami was nice in this episode as well but poor Nagi didnt get a chance to do much. Looks like we get back to school in the next episode.

Funny thing is I started watching Toradora and Kannagi about the same time. If you go back and see my comments on the first few episodes you will see that at first I thought Toradora was going to be just another love triange/square/pentagon... and though Kannagi was going to be good. Now Kannagi is trying to decide what kind of anime it wants to be and Toradora is revealing itself to be one of the best new animes of the season. Funny how things change like that.

Dec 5, 2008 12:45 PM

Jun 2008
Nice episode.
It's pretty obvious now, that Taiga's developing feelings for Ryuuji. Still don't know how I feel about this pairing.
I'm starting to like Ami even more.
Minori's annoying though. ^_^
Dec 5, 2008 2:16 PM

Mar 2008
Another great episode. This time it's not about ridiculous comedy like last episode, but it's all about substance. We had a lot of development between characters.

They boosted Ami and Minori and made the obvious taigaXryuu ending a bit more unclear again. Personally I can't really decide between those 3. They are all great and I wouldn't mind any pairing in the end.

But I could see a possible KitamuraXMinori pairing. I mean those two fit so well together it's a crime. But I could also see him together with Taiga, perhaps.

So it's not really sure if this will become a harem or not. It's rather great how they play with us there. Everything could be possible.

But to be really good this anime needs an unexpected outcome. A pairing that wasn't obvious or that wouldn't be generic for that kind of show. That would make this show truly amazing. The only show that comes to my mind here that did an unexpected pairing-twist midway is Shuffle.
Dec 5, 2008 2:19 PM

Sep 2007
Reading some of these replies... I couldn't possibly imagine anything other than Taiga x Ryuuji. I mean, the show is called Toradora is it not? The real question is what's going to happen with the other three characters.
Dec 5, 2008 2:23 PM
Dec 2007
Actually, everyone says how the pairing has to be unexpected but I disagree. Instead of unexpected, it needs to be well written, so in the end you look back and say "hmmm, they might not have been my chosen pairing, but they sure do fit together".

Dec 5, 2008 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Actually, everyone says how the pairing has to be unexpected but I disagree. Instead of unexpected, it needs to be well written, so in the end you look back and say "hmmm, they might not have been my chosen pairing, but they sure do fit together".
Like this? IMAO, of course.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 5, 2008 3:13 PM

Jun 2007
naikou said:
Reading some of these replies... I couldn't possibly imagine anything other than Taiga x Ryuuji. I mean, the show is called Toradora is it not? The real question is what's going to happen with the other three characters.

exactly... theres no frekin way that main male lead Ryujii won't end up with main female lead Taiga.. although im a minorin fan =)..

well, honey and clover is an exception XD
Dec 5, 2008 5:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Everything was obvious but it was still a very nice episode, this whole trip was great. Minorin ftw. Everything goes together so well it's a pleasure to watch these episodes.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 5, 2008 8:47 PM

Sep 2008
Kind of a closing episode to me with respect to the holiday, very nice no doubt, but slowed down compared to the previous side splitting one. There weren't much huge funnies, and a lot of between character progress, especially between Ryuuji and the three girls. Very well cut though, the whole episode seemed nicely transitioned.

Dec 5, 2008 10:36 PM
Jan 2008
Not exactly as funny as ep. 9. . . but some good charecter developement. between Ryuuji/Ami and Ryuuji/Minorin. Yeah, he's becoming more comfortable w/ Taiga as well. Next ep. looks messed up, tho.
Dec 5, 2008 10:46 PM

Nov 2008
lol a reverse harem is just all the males going for the lead female.. meh. It won't ever get to that point, but I wouldn't be discouraged if it was.

HAHA HOW GOOD WAS THE START... She loves dreaming about Seaweed now after seeing him naked LOL

Dec 5, 2008 10:48 PM

Jun 2007
Stomachbutterfly said:
I personally took Ryuuji and Ami's conversation at the end as a sort of friendship confirmation.

I do think she has feeling for him, but right now I think Ryuuji consciously has feeling for Minori only (and maybe some unnoticed feelings towards Taiga).

To me when Ryuuji said he'd be lonely without her- then changing it to say she'd be lonely without him, was his way of letting her know he realizes he's one of her only friends and he wont just abandon her. I didn't really see any romantic hints behind what he said.

Minori I can see developing feelings towards Ryuuji, seems she may even be slightly aware? Or maybe she's just slightly aware of how Ryuuji feels. What she said before she was cut off by the "exploding UFO" made me feel like she is starting to like him though.

Taiga is probably going to realize sooner or later that she has feelings for Ryuuji as well, I think she's slowly coming to terms with this. Her expression at the very end of the epi was just so sad :( I am routing for this couple, I love best friends getting together in shows XD

Taiga and Ryuuji kind of already admitted that if they cant get with the people they want soon, their future is going to end up being with each other (ie. the dream they had).

I thought this episode was pretty amazing. Ami seems to be confused. Ryuuji, apparently is her only other real guy friend other then Kitamura who is her childhood friend. I think she's confusing friendship with romance since she doesn't want to be left alone again. Honestly though I don't see them hooking up. He's more of a support pillar for her so she can grow stronger as a person and find other friends.

Kitamura is still dropping mad hints that theres some love connection between him and Minori. I can definitely see them hooking up in the end. Like Ami said to Ryuuji "Your the moon and Minori is the sun. She will end up burning you out". Kitamura is a perfect match for her and I think both of them will realize it in the end just like how Ryuuji and Tiaga will.

I guess I'll start doing Relationship Charts again since this show seems to be the only one this season worth doing it for.
DeathfireDDec 5, 2008 11:10 PM
Dec 6, 2008 12:02 AM

Oct 2008
paskyx said:
deathpanda said:
This episode was really good. Was planning on dropping this due to all annoying SnS and ZnT references, but this episode totally made me change my mind. Trying to make sense out of the characters is enjoyable and there's actually character and relationship development unlike most shows in this genre. I'm gonna go check out the mango too since this is obviously way better than I expected.

yeah they do get reference from them but toradora is way better than both of em hands down, this is like the best anime ive seen so far. both are pretty good, but i dont like how everything always repeat, like in the end of an episode, znt's legendary tit jokes, those pissed the hell out of me tho.

awww taiga is sad in the end D:

What are those show?
Dec 6, 2008 12:22 AM

Nov 2008
Rebella said:

What are those show?

SnS = Shakugan no Shana
ZnT = Zero no Tsukaima

Both have a "Taiga" in it.
hi
Dec 6, 2008 12:24 AM

Oct 2008
kenshin322 said:
Rebella said:

What are those show?

SnS = Shakugan no Shana
ZnT = Zero no Tsukaima

Both have a "Taiga" in it.

ahh because of the seiyu..
Dec 6, 2008 4:49 AM

Nov 2008
Stomachbutterfly said:
DeathfireD said:

Taiga and Ryuuji kind of already admitted that if they cant get with the people they want soon, their future is going to end up being with each other (ie. the dream they had).

I thought this episode was pretty amazing. Ami seems to be confused. Ryuuji, apparently is her only other real guy friend other then Kitamura who is her childhood friend. I think she's confusing friendship with romance since she doesn't want to be left alone again. Honestly though I don't see them hooking up. He's more of a support pillar for her so she can grow stronger as a person and find other friends.

Kitamura is still dropping mad hints that theres some love connection between him and Minori. I can definitely see them hooking up in the end. Like Ami said to Ryuuji "Your the moon and Minori is the sun. She will end up burning you out". Kitamura is a perfect match for her and I think both of them will realize it in the end just like how Ryuuji and Tiaga will.

I guess I'll start doing Relationship Charts again since this show seems to be the only one this season worth doing it for.

I love your analysis on Ami's feelings- I think that makes complete sense :) She has come across as a confused character, and I think where she is right now she probably just don't know what she's really feeling. She's just getting used to being her true self. She probably thinks she likes Ryuuji because he's there for her and accepts her as is, and maybe she wants someone to accept her so much,that she's confusing a good friend to a love connection because he's the first person to show her acceptance.

I hope that all made sense I feel like I'm babbling lol.

Oh and I also think Kitamura and Minori would go great together. I kind of picture them ending up together. If they would end up together, I wonder if they'd introduce another male character so Ami wouldn't be all alone.

Swiftstylez said:
lol a reverse harem is just all the males going for the lead female.. meh. It won't ever get to that point, but I wouldn't be discouraged if it was.

HAHA HOW GOOD WAS THE START... She loves dreaming about Seaweed now after seeing him naked LOL

I know what a reverse harem is it was a rhetorical question lol, I was trying to say not all harems are ridiculous where they all tackle the person they like XD IF Toradora was to have all the girls like Ryuuji, I don't think it would be ridiculous where they are fighting for him, just like they didn't go overboard ridiculous with the love square in Ouran.

Very nice chart and very nice conversation! You guys are great in this discussion. Certainly learned more.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 6, 2008 5:40 AM

Jan 2008
naikou said:

like kitamura x minorin 8D
Dec 6, 2008 6:54 AM

Dec 2007
Nice episode. At least something else from their normal school setting.
So Taiga finally realizes there's something between her and Ryuuji.
Minorin~ was great in this episode.
Dec 6, 2008 7:00 AM
Oct 2008
nice, fun :)
Dec 6, 2008 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
Very good episode. God bless Crunchyroll!
The DVDs are due for release in early 2009, but what chance would there be that the Japanese dvds have English subtitles available? Or do Western companies make their own subtitles?
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Dec 6, 2008 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
The Japanese DVDs won't have any subtitles as usual, but if an American company licenses Toradora!, there will be DVDs in the US with horrible EngDub and weak Subs (in Germany the 'official' subs are worst, even indirect SpeedSubbing is better -_-)
Since Toradora! is that popular there will most likely be an US release in the next years.
Dec 6, 2008 11:02 AM
Dec 2007
karasawa said:
Very good episode. God bless Crunchyroll!
The DVDs are due for release in early 2009, but what chance would there be that the Japanese dvds have English subtitles available? Or do Western companies make their own subtitles?
Like HoaRy says, Western companies make their own subs when localizing it. They sadly always have that horrible arial yellow font.

As for someone obtaining the localization rights, I wonder right now. Geneon would have jumped all over it in the past, but Geneon is long gone now. I guess we have to wait and see.

Dec 6, 2008 1:47 PM

Oct 2007
It was a really good episode - not alot of comedy in this episode but enjoyed how the rest of their holiday went :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2008 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
Awh, cute. Nice episode I agree. I enjoy watching Toradora! so much, <3 I love everyone in it.
Dec 6, 2008 3:23 PM

Nov 2008
Thanks for the replies about the subs etc. I find that really kinda odd. Think about any dvd (film or series) released in the rest of the world, it's often got a selection of subtitle options and sometimes even different audio tracks. Maybe Japan just never expects to export anything, or make any considerations for multilingual communities. I suppose it is an effect of them being an island, and traditionally very insulated from the rest of the world.

>On topic: Great episode! :3
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.