Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 6, 2008 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
I'm responding to a few things.

I'm not to keen on this ep, maybe because it didn't have the funnies like I'm used too. I probably feel that way for two reasons, not enough of Tora and Dora together on screen and interacting and secondly, I'm really missing Inko-chan and Yak-chan.

I wanted to mention about the "harem" talk people keep mentioning. I so don't see this show going towards the harem end at all.

In regards to Minori, Ami, and Ryu's relationship they're very distinct and have nothing to do with the harem. When I see a harem, I see romantic jealousy feelings by the women for the affections of the male. Most of the time the feelings are sincere on the part of all the females involved. In the case of Minori, keep in mind people that this is the first time that one can say that Minori and Ryu are friends. It wasn't like they were ever friends but had a mutual friend in Kitamura. Ryu sort of was in the background and was looking at Minori from afar but was not in a friendship based relationship like Kitamura and Minori have. It's now with Taiga's invovlement that his relationship with Minori has grown. So it's unlikely for anyone to even think that Minori has romantic feelings for Ryu.

Ryu has moved into the friend category and I would say she might suspect that he has feelings for her, but she has not shown, and it's seen in this ep, that she has any reciprocal feelings. That being said in the case of Ami it's different. Ami was clearly using Ryu as a way to antagonize Taiga and that is all. Her only real friend from her inception is Kitamura. It's now she's slowly building bonds with people and I think fate has thrown her into Ryu's circle more often than not to explain her situation.

Remember when she showed up, I have to say both Taiga and Minori were fairly cruel to her, and Taiga's response was mainly because she knew her true personality. But let's not forget the whole Diet Warrior scene. However, Ryu has been indifferent and rather than be cruel or mean in ANYWAY has actually gone out of his way to be extra nice to her. So her goal to piss off Taiga is now turning into a sort of affection for Ryu and that's due to circumstance than to real romantic feelings. She'd sooner have romantic aspirations to Kitamura than anyone else in my book. But really Ami I don't think sees Ryu romantically but definitely as a friend, and that's both ways, she might later confuse that friendship for more, but really that won't be the case for Ryu. He looks like the kind of person who likes a woman true to herself and that title moves towards Minori or Taiga (in some respects).

So hence the reason I can't see a "harem" aspect building, and I'm using it loosely. I do think out of the women that Taiga has the most sincere feelings toward Ryu and she has basically moved in with the guy for all intents and purposes. We all saw episode 8 and what she said about Ryu after the pool accident. I thought that episode was self-explanatory as to which is the one true relationship.

If anything I think Kitamura-kun is definitely the "harem" guy of the story (loosely used since I can't really see "harem") and always has been. He's loved not only by the girls in the school but is interconnected with all the women and by default brings in Ryu-chan. This is easy to see, in the first ep the real friendly pair is Minori and Kitamura and then through that we see Ryu and Minori get really acquainted. It was last year that Kitamura confessed to Taiga, while Ryu's first introduction to her is when their in the same class. So Kitamura is the tie that binds there and the final thing is Ami and who's long-time childhood friend was she? Kitamura-kun. All together it's tied to him and although Minori doesn't seem to have romantic feelings for him, we know Taiga does and I get the feeling that Ami might have felt something a time or too but in any event he's closely related to all the women.

The women all like the guys now, but I think Taiga is romantically infatuated with Ryu-chan currently but still pursueing the Kitamura-kun front for appearances and it keeps her connected to him, this was established in ep.2.
Dec 6, 2008 4:59 PM

Jun 2008
hmm interesting character development

Dec 6, 2008 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
I think that Ryuuji had multiple opportunities in the past couple episodes to actually get somewhere in a relationship with Kushieda. Oh well, it's probably too early. For now we'll keep it as ghosts and UFO's. =]
Dec 6, 2008 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
I think she's confusing friendship with romance...
Happens far too often, IMHO.

Leon-Gun said:
They sadly always have that horrible arial yellow font.
No, they don't. That's your DVD player. DVDs have soft subs nowadays.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 6, 2008 9:16 PM
Dec 2007
acdc5320 said:
I think that Ryuuji had multiple opportunities in the past couple episodes to actually get somewhere in a relationship with Kushieda. Oh well, it's probably too early. For now we'll keep it as ghosts and UFO's. =]
Well, step one of Ryuuji's plan certainly worked, since now he and Kushieda are treating each other as close friends instead of casual acquaintances. Now he's on step two: building closer ties that may lead to her developing deeper feelings toward him.

I like to see this anime more as a Romantic Comedy. Sure, if we take it literally, it's a harem, but it's complex enough to just throw out that "harem" label and see it was a very good Romantic Comedy, since if we look too hard at a lot of romance-centered anime, you'll see plenty of love triangles and that doesn't makes them pure harem.
JadeMatrix said:

Leon-Gun said:
They sadly always have that horrible arial yellow font.
No, they don't. That's your DVD player. DVDs have soft subs nowadays.
It certainly isn't in the pink/red colored font TD subbers use.
Leon-GunDec 6, 2008 9:20 PM

Dec 6, 2008 10:32 PM

Nov 2008
vaberella said:

I'm not to keen on this ep, maybe because it didn't have the funnies like I'm used too. I probably feel that way for two reasons, not enough of Tora and Dora together on screen and interacting and secondly, I'm really missing Inko-chan and Yak-chan.

I wanted to mention about the "harem" talk people keep mentioning. I so don't see this show going towards the harem end at all.

In regards to Minori, Ami, and Ryu's relationship they're very distinct and have nothing to do with the harem. When I see a harem, I see romantic jealousy feelings by the women for the affections of the male. Most of the time the feelings are sincere on the part of all the females involved. In the case of Minori, keep in mind people that this is the first time that one can say that Minori and Ryu are friends. It wasn't like they were ever friends but had a mutual friend in Kitamura. Ryu sort of was in the background and was looking at Minori from afar but was not in a friendship based relationship like Kitamura and Minori have. It's now with Taiga's invovlement that his relationship with Minori has grown. So it's unlikely for anyone to even think that Minori has romantic feelings for Ryu.

Ryu has moved into the friend category and I would say she might suspect that he has feelings for her, but she has not shown, and it's seen in this ep, that she has any reciprocal feelings. That being said in the case of Ami it's different. Ami was clearly using Ryu as a way to antagonize Taiga and that is all. Her only real friend from her inception is Kitamura. It's now she's slowly building bonds with people and I think fate has thrown her into Ryu's circle more often than not to explain her situation.

Remember when she showed up, I have to say both Taiga and Minori were fairly cruel to her, and Taiga's response was mainly because she knew her true personality. But let's not forget the whole Diet Warrior scene. However, Ryu has been indifferent and rather than be cruel or mean in ANYWAY has actually gone out of his way to be extra nice to her. So her goal to piss off Taiga is now turning into a sort of affection for Ryu and that's due to circumstance than to real romantic feelings. She'd sooner have romantic aspirations to Kitamura than anyone else in my book. But really Ami I don't think sees Ryu romantically but definitely as a friend, and that's both ways, she might later confuse that friendship for more, but really that won't be the case for Ryu. He looks like the kind of person who likes a woman true to herself and that title moves towards Minori or Taiga (in some respects).

So hence the reason I can't see a "harem" aspect building, and I'm using it loosely. I do think out of the women that Taiga has the most sincere feelings toward Ryu and she has basically moved in with the guy for all intents and purposes. We all saw episode 8 and what she said about Ryu after the pool accident. I thought that episode was self-explanatory as to which is the one true relationship.

If anything I think Kitamura-kun is definitely the "harem" guy of the story (loosely used since I can't really see "harem") and always has been. He's loved not only by the girls in the school but is interconnected with all the women and by default brings in Ryu-chan. This is easy to see, in the first ep the real friendly pair is Minori and Kitamura and then through that we see Ryu and Minori get really acquainted. It was last year that Kitamura confessed to Taiga, while Ryu's first introduction to her is when their in the same class. So Kitamura is the tie that binds there and the final thing is Ami and who's long-time childhood friend was she? Kitamura-kun. All together it's tied to him and although Minori doesn't seem to have romantic feelings for him, we know Taiga does and I get the feeling that Ami might have felt something a time or too but in any event he's closely related to all the women.

The women all like the guys now, but I think Taiga is romantically infatuated with Ryu-chan currently but still pursueing the Kitamura-kun front for appearances and it keeps her connected to him, this was established in ep.2.

Igot to tell this person what a great review. Logically it is nice and refers quite good episodes of the past with understanding.

KEEP IT UP! I will read your stuff in the next episodes, so once again nice comments. :-D
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 6, 2008 10:45 PM

Jun 2007
vaberella said:

You brought a lot more beef to my past post, I like that, I like that a lot :). The only thing I disagree with is your analysis on Ami thinking of Ryu as a friend right now. She's made it quite clear both in body language and in words that she likes him. However, as we watched past episodes it's pretty clear she's confusing friendship with romantic interest since she's never had any real friends before other then Kitamura.

She's a star and has always had to deal with fans that only like her and treat her nice because she's hot and and rich (classmates, fans, adults..etc). Her only real friend up to this point that's treated her nice just because has been Kitamura, which she apparently has no interest in. Ryu popped out of no where and instead of waiting on her hand and foot like most guys do, he treated her as an equal and told her to stop acting fake and to stand up for her self. This reaction is something different that Ami isn't used too so it makes her interested in finding out more about Ryu. Slowly as she interacted with Ryu she began to like him and also confuse his friendship with something more. This episode, with what Ryu said, was a way to clarify to her that Ryu likes someone else but also wont leave Ami as a friend.

From this point on Ami will either accept that they're friends and nothing more or try harder to get Ryu to like her.

Other then that great post.
Dec 7, 2008 2:20 PM

Jan 2008
"An UFO exploded!!" <- made me lol
~de Arimasu
Dec 7, 2008 4:41 PM

Sep 2008
I would really prefer Ryuuji and Ami together. She seems to be the most vulnerable of them all, and he is perfect for her. But I really doubt that's going to happen.

Anyhow, whatever happens, one thing is sure. One of the girls is going to stay solo...or they are going to insert additional character?
Dec 7, 2008 4:47 PM

Nov 2008
nina4life said:
I would really prefer Ryuuji and Ami together. She seems to be the most vulnerable of them all, and he is perfect for her. But I really doubt that's going to happen.

Anyhow, whatever happens, one thing is sure. One of the girls is going to stay solo...or they are going to insert additional character?

You never know about the extra character(s) because this is 25 episodes. I hope Ami finds someone special but not Ryuuji. I want Aisaka x Ryuuji, the feet warming of #9 was great sign of such a occurrence possible.
slayer545-samaDec 7, 2008 6:09 PM
Dec 7, 2008 5:48 PM

Sep 2008
Anything besides Ryuuji and Minori. They just don't have the chemistry, something is missing in their relationship....dunno what.
And about Ami, she just seems like such a nice person when she wants to be, I don' t know, I guess I like her because she is just what a real-life girls can be, complete pain in the a**, but so vulnerable when they finally find someone they like.
Dec 7, 2008 7:55 PM

May 2008
Well I don't want him to end up with Tiaga :O cause that's too predictable :(
Dec 7, 2008 7:59 PM

Dec 2006
I'll have to agree with that, sadly. While sometimes it's okay to go that way, I'd rather things be just a tad bit unpredictable.
Dec 7, 2008 9:01 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode, it was great.

Hah! A harem!! ~Or at least it's starting to feel like one from this episode on. Minori seems to start to open more to Takasu.
...Being a "housewife"-kind of guy does help attract the ladies I suppose ^^
By the way, I'm a Taiga-Riuuji fan.

Dec 7, 2008 10:04 PM

May 2008
alright episode.
Dec 8, 2008 1:21 AM

Dec 2007
somehow i got a feeling TIGA
getting to like RYUJI (:
hahas . dont know (: hahas ~

Dec 8, 2008 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
nina4life said:
Anything besides Ryuuji and Minori. They just don't have the chemistry, something is missing in their relationship....dunno what.
What's missing is called mutual attraction. That also has an impact on character chemistry. C'mon, it's episode 10 of 25 — give them some slack and make this a good anime with long-term character and situation development.

Dec 8, 2008 7:20 AM

Nov 2008
What gives it the harem feel is that the main character, a guy, typically a bit of a loser/outcast (check) has girls, more than one, as friends and/or flirting/possessive with him (check) at least in other people's views (see those jealous guys, in the swimming contest episode). So yeah, it's a slightly different take on the old harem cliché. But that's not a bad thing, almost all animé follows an old clichéd formula. That's what makes it popular and accessible.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Dec 8, 2008 9:12 AM

Sep 2008
JadeMatrix said:
nina4life said:
What's missing is called mutual attraction. That also has an impact on character chemistry. C'mon, it's episode 10 of 25 — give them some slack and make this a good anime with long-term character and situation development.

I will give them 15 more episodes to develop that relationship because I really like the show ;)
But I just don't see them ending up together in MY books (so to say) because they just don't look like a nice couple, whereas Taiga x Ryuuji, or Ami x Ryuuji look very cute in first, or very nicely connected in second case.
Taiga is cruel, he is nice, and she starts to like him more and more, two of them ending together is where the show is going from start, I hope that changes.
Ami is nice, unsure of herself, and show makes it clear she really likes Ryuuji, but I have a feeling more like a friend she needed than something else.
Minori-chan on the other hand is ...too different from him, and somehow just not interested in him, at least not as boyfriend. She sees him as great friend, and it's hardly going to change unless something happens, but as you said, there is 15 episodes left.
Dec 8, 2008 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
I do have to admit it is weird for so many people to think that Ryuuji will end up with Ami or Minori. Its just like that guy said earlier, the name of the anime is Toradora(Tiger and Dragon in Japanese).

That's kinda like watching Zero no Tsukaima and saying "MAN I HOPE HE ENDS UP WITH SIESTA!"
Dec 8, 2008 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
Well, excuse me for not speaking Japanese and for having hopes...
Dec 8, 2008 8:02 PM

Dec 2006
Actually Dragon in japanese is Ryuu. =P
Dora is the first half of the Engrish of Dragon, lol. Doragon. =P Tora is japanese for Tiger, yeah..

But just because the title is called that, doesn't mean they end up together. Otherwise what's the point of the other characters even existing in the first place? :P

Having the most obvious thing happen wouldn't be very... good. Should stir things up a little bit.

I think Minorin and Ryuuji will probably get together some time down the road, and find out that they don't work out too well like Ami said.

And then he'd probably end up with Taiga in the end.
Dec 8, 2008 9:30 PM

Aug 2007
MistressSheena said:
Dora is the first half of the Engrish of Dragon, lol. Doragon. =P Tora is japanese for Tiger, yeah..

But just because the title is called that, doesn't mean they end up together. Otherwise what's the point of the other characters even existing in the first place? :P

Having the most obvious thing happen wouldn't be very... good. Should stir things up a little bit.

I think Minorin and Ryuuji will probably get together some time down the road, and find out that they don't work out too well like Ami said.

I agree that it`d be interesting to have something unusual happen, for example get both Ryuuji x Minorin and Taiga x Kitamura together dating for a while, then have a pairing switch near the end to Ryuuji x Taiga (Taiga x Ryuuji?) when they find out they don`t really like their respective crushes as much as they thought. At least that`s what I really want to happen.

That's kinda like watching Zero no Tsukaima and saying "MAN I HOPE HE ENDS UP WITH SIESTA!"

I think people do say that, don`t they? Clearly they`re in denial, because in that show it`s obvious what the main pairing is...
aranelcharisDec 8, 2008 9:34 PM
Dec 8, 2008 9:38 PM

Aug 2008
Defiance said:
I do have to admit it is weird for so many people to think that Ryuuji will end up with Ami or Minori. Its just like that guy said earlier, the name of the anime is Toradora(Tiger and Dragon in Japanese).

Just because the name is 'Tiger and Dragon' doesn't mean that they'll get together in the end. It means that they're the main characters, and the story focuses on their antics.

Dec 8, 2008 9:54 PM

Dec 2006
Yes, precisely what I just got through saying a few hours ago. =P

Though I agree with aranelcharis's view in that they should get together with their respective crushes... and perhaps maybe discover that they don't like them as well as they thought they would.

Cause in episode 10, when Minorin was helping Ryuuji in the kitchen, couldn't you tell he was getting frustrated with her messing around/hyper attitude? He even yelled at her. >_>;

I think Ami was right in that she really would burn him out.
Dec 8, 2008 10:09 PM
Oct 2008
Sorry to change the subject for a sec...but does anyone know where I can the song that was playing while Ryuji and Kusheida were talking before the fireworks or the name of it atleast? Thanks
Dec 8, 2008 10:25 PM

Dec 2006
It will most likely be included in the OST once it is released.
I honestly have no clue what it is.
Dec 9, 2008 10:56 AM

Nov 2008
slayer545-sama said:

Igot to tell this person what a great review. Logically it is nice and refers quite good episodes of the past with understanding.

KEEP IT UP! I will read your stuff in the next episodes, so once again nice comments. :-D

Well thanks for the reply. I'll be trying. :D

DeathfireD said:
You brought a lot more beef to my past post, I like that, I like that a lot :). The only thing I disagree with is your analysis on Ami thinking of Ryu as a friend right now. She's made it quite clear both in body language and in words that she likes him. However, as we watched past episodes it's pretty clear she's confusing friendship with romantic interest since she's never had any real friends before other then Kitamura.

She's a star and has always had to deal with fans that only like her and treat her nice because she's hot and and rich (classmates, fans, adults..etc). Her only real friend up to this point that's treated her nice just because has been Kitamura, which she apparently has no interest in. Ryu popped out of no where and instead of waiting on her hand and foot like most guys do, he treated her as an equal and told her to stop acting fake and to stand up for her self. This reaction is something different that Ami isn't used too so it makes her interested in finding out more about Ryu. Slowly as she interacted with Ryu she began to like him and also confuse his friendship with something more. This episode, with what Ryu said, was a way to clarify to her that Ryu likes someone else but also wont leave Ami as a friend.

From this point on Ami will either accept that they're friends and nothing more or try harder to get Ryu to like her.

Other then that great post.

Well first off, I don't think she was into him romantically in the past eps. Even up to episode 8 did I think Ami had an ounce of romantic feelings for Ryu. She did everything in order to antagonize Taiga and I felt that was aparent. In the episode 6 when she spent the whole time with Ryu, there was rarely any display on romantic or even really friendship feelings in that episode. In episode 7 she was using her femininty in order to say thank you and tease him. It went one step further when Taiga walked in on them. She's basically a tease and nothing more earlier on.

I do find in episode 9, I'm not sure where to put her feelings (looking back on the episodes) for either Kitamura or Ryu. I do think that she's found a good friend in Ryu and may be confusing romantic and friendship feelings, but I do not think she's truly invested as a romantically infatuated with Ryu. I think her feelings are building up on her stray emotions. Plus, a lot of the time I have to question her feelings just because overall the character is two faced and I find emotionally unstable. You can't really trust fully what she's feeling or understand it. In ep 9 when she was talking to Kitamura I had the feeling she knew him better than anyone else and something was there. But it was the same for Kitamura and his possible feelings for Ami.

In regards to the friendship you mentioned between Ami and Ryu, I agree to an extent. I went on a different avenue with it because Ryu came to know of Ami's personality due to Kitamura's influence. There was no other way that would have happened. If you noticed when Ami first showed up, and although Ryu was semi-indifferent, he was in awe of her overall. It wasn't until Kitamura brought her personality to his attention that his attitude and reaction to her changed and he was able to ignore the initial attitude that everyone else had with her. This is key to show that Ryu wasn't someone different, Kitamura always was, and Ryu is just better with dealing with people with poor personalities.

In affect, I do think Ami does appreciate Ryu more so than most people because he is essentially very frank and supportive of her as he is of Taiga (except he's more so involved with Taiga's life). That being said, and I've said in another post I find that in ways Taiga and Ami are very alike and both boys (Kitamura and Ryu) tend to react similarly with both. However, I do find that Ryu is far more invested in Taiga and she in him.
Dec 9, 2008 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
nina4life said:

I don't know if they'll stay single. I think out of the girls that Minori will be the one out of the loop. I do think that there's something more or could be more to Kitamura and Ami's relationship. And of course I support Taiga and Ryu.

I don't think Ami is more vulnerable. I do think she's insecure overall but not vulnerable. I do find Taiga to be more vulnerable and I thought episode 2 (I think) when they were kicking the pole or even episode 8 was perfect to show how vulnerable Taiga really is. Without Ryuuji she seems utterly lost. If she didn't have him by her side, she probably would have done well but he's enriched her life. It's very strange how both the characters have bonded to the point that I find that they depend on each other. Again in ep 8 you have that moment where Ryu was upset Taiga didn't come to eat after the pool incident and how it ruined his mood. Ditto for Taiga when Ryu wasn't getting her.

I just find there's more there. However, I find that similar to Kitamura and Ami's relationship especially when he's supportive in anything that will help her grow up and dump the act.

slayer545-sama said:
I want Aisaka x Ryuuji, the feet warming of #9 was great sign of such a occurrence possible.

It's my fave scene as well. It was very realistic when I saw it.

nina4life said:
And about Ami, she just seems like such a nice person when she wants to be, I don' t know, I guess I like her because she is just what a real-life girls can be, complete pain in the a**, but so vulnerable when they finally find someone they like.

I totally agree with you about Ryu and Minori. Minori tends to annoy me to tell you the truth. She so far seems to have no substance, however I believe it was episode 3 tried to give it to her, but it just wasn't working for me. She's a bit of an annoyance.

karasawa said:
What gives it the harem feel is that the main character, a guy, typically a bit of a loser/outcast (check) has girls, more than one, as friends and/or flirting/possessive with him (check) at least in other people's views (see those jealous guys, in the swimming contest episode). So yeah, it's a slightly different take on the old harem cliché. But that's not a bad thing, almost all animé follows an old clichéd formula. That's what makes it popular and accessible.

It still puts Kitamura ahead of Ryu, when Ryu is the main character. I just find that most of the women are connected to Ryu through Kitamura who had known all of them first and had strong relationships (which aren't shown) before hand. Which again says to me it's not a harem. I'm just not seeing it. "liking" and friendship are two different things and I don't count many female friends of a guy as harem. It's how I feel about Clannad, it's not very haremesque to me...although there are people who sum it as a harem.

Defiance said:

Hahahahaha!!! That's all I could say to taht statement which I agree with. I personally would be disappointed though if I did get a surprise that Taiga/Ryu don't get together because they're characters are dependent on each other. Their relationship to me embodies the idea of the "red string of fate" concept. They just match.

MistressSheena said:

That's easy,the other characters exist because it would be just plain old retarded to have only two characters. Would you watch a show with only two characters and not seeing their reactions with other people?! It just wouldn't be a show. You need different personalities to see how these two mains react to situations and people it enriches their relationship, and the character in general.

I sincerely doubt that Minori and Ryuu will get together down the road. But that coud be my own bias since she does annoy me often enough. I just think she's very superficial right now and to have 10 eps and not make her deep is sad. I mean I don't have Ami as superficial as Minori and Minori has had more scenes than Ami.
Dec 9, 2008 11:30 AM

Dec 2006
Yeah. I agree. I doubt they would get together.. it's already almost halfway through the series and Minori is still a hyperactive mystery.

Though I think Taiga really needs to be a bit more independent and not depend/rely on Ryuuji so much.
Dec 9, 2008 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
MistressSheena said:
Yeah. I agree. I doubt they would get together.. it's already almost halfway through the series and Minori is still a hyperactive mystery.

Though I think Taiga really needs to be a bit more independent and not depend/rely on Ryuuji so much.

That's my problem with Minori's character. She, more so than Kitamura, is a blank space. She's just the cooky girl no one gets. She's one dimensional like Inko-chan, but at least with Inko-chan you wonder what kind of stress s/he's under to be balding (I've come to the conclusion Inko-chan is afraid of Ryu's eyes. :D).

As for Taiga, I think Taiga is dependent on Ryu because she's always been independent. This goes all the way back to episode 2 when she was kicking the pole. She's like her parents didn't get her, the teachers don't get her, Kitamura and Minori, don't get her...most people don't. So she's basically been carrying hte burden alone and being alone. She lives in a gorgeous Condo, but she's all alone. Remember that scene, I think it was ep 4 or 5 in the beginning when Ryu came to wake her up and she's talking about rice in her ears. She was so alone and a round little ball under the sheets.

I think Ryu gave her the outlet to be dependent and to rest a while, to share the burden because he deals with his own. On that level she came to depend on Ryu a lot, and I think unlike her, Ryu was a bit more mentally intact because he actually has very loving parents. Of course in ep 11 we'll see what Taiga's parents are like; but she was living alone which says a lot. While in the case of Ryu his mum is depedent on him and he seems more the adult than he is.

In any event, I understand where she's coming from and I do think in later eps that will change. Isn't there rumors though that there might be a season 2 and 3? If that's the case we'll get a lot more.
Dec 9, 2008 1:38 PM

Dec 2006
Well, I meant independent as in taking out her own trash and cleaning her own stuff.
You've seen her apartment. It was worse than a pig sty. >_>;

That is NOT independent. Lol.
That's just plain lazy.
Dec 9, 2008 2:30 PM

Nov 2008
MistressSheena said:
Well, I meant independent as in taking out her own trash and cleaning her own stuff.
You've seen her apartment. It was worse than a pig sty. >_>;

That is NOT independent. Lol.
That's just plain lazy.

I agree and both me and my sister want to marry Ryuuji for just that reason. We so want him just to clean up our room. I may be 28 but I freakin' hate cleaning up my room. Even in guys I date, I make sure to ask if they like to keep things clean, so if we become long term they can do all the cleaning. As for worse than a pig sty...her kitchen was deplorable. I'm anti dirty bathrooms and kitchens. However, my bedroom could look like a dump it's so bad. It literally takes hours to clean everything. So if it's not independent to have a cleaner....then so be it. And I have no problems admitting I'm lazy in that regard.
Dec 9, 2008 2:38 PM

Dec 2006
Haha, if it's a room, I like to keep it clean to a degree. Enough to walk in, I suppose.
And at least presentable to friends. =P
Dec 9, 2008 2:53 PM

Feb 2008
Cant remember reading such a huge amount of discussion-posts since "True Tears".
Nice work folks. ^^

Regarding the episode:
Character development --> Check
Hilarious moments --> Check
Romantic/Melancholic moments --> Check
Surprising events --> Check

What else do you need? 5/5
Dec 10, 2008 4:07 PM

Jul 2008
Not that great of an episode.
Dec 11, 2008 3:40 PM

Nov 2008
Pretty good ep.
I love Taiga.
The ending was the best.
Dec 12, 2008 10:01 PM
Jun 2008
this was acutali a relli sweet ep aside from ami + her cleavage.
but ami has got a point, ryuuji n minorin dont match...but still the vague possibility~
der was alot of minorinxryuuji w/ both of them trying to let each other see ghosts (aka love) n ami got some time w/ ryuuji as well, spose this was y taiga was kinda anxious as the end of the ep?
cant wati till next one~
Dec 13, 2008 3:16 PM

Aug 2007
great episode!

I love the SQUARE forming, lol it aint a triangle, it's a square. Or some sorta polygon...

Ami and Ryuuji are good together. Taiga was like.. hardly in this episode except when she was putting her feet on Ryuuji's back <3

I really don't like Minori... and I usually love characters with her character... so like... nande?! Ami is right! Minori and Ryuuji really don't suit each other! Taiga needs more jealousy!
Dec 14, 2008 10:28 AM
Dec 2007
I think the problem with the Ryuuji/Minori pairing right now is the fact the anime hasn't been developing it as deeply as the Light Novels did. Part of the fault may be the fact the Light Novel centers less on the actions and more on Ryuuji's analysis of said actions. When I read the Ryujji/Minori scene I could feel the deep emotions Ryuuji felt towards her. The description of how she looked at his eyes intently while he explained the ghosts thing then suddenly moved them away when she realized Ryuuji confessed to her is something that wasn't done properly in the anime. In fact, you never get the full feeling that she got it, while in the light novel you can tell she gets it and that she is just too shocked to say anything so she suddenly talks about the ufo (though not as randomly as in the anime).

Dec 14, 2008 4:35 PM
Oct 2008
im soo glad i decided to watch this, didnt think id enjoy it tht much
it has alot of development but im getting scared of the love hexagon, didnt taiga semi confess?
and since tht rep guy knows she liked him, y doesnt he confess?
i hope it all turns out good cuz i cnt choose who should be with who..at first i didnt think midori would like him (yesss..i hav very basic memory and i cnt memba names ==)

anywhoo, loving it (>__<)d

crap, named spel wrong..gehh...cbf
Dec 14, 2008 6:28 PM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
I think the problem with the Ryuuji/Minori pairing right now is the fact the anime hasn't been developing it as deeply as the Light Novels did. Part of the fault may be the fact the Light Novel centers less on the actions and more on Ryuuji's analysis of said actions. When I read the Ryujji/Minori scene I could feel the deep emotions Ryuuji felt towards her. The description of how she looked at his eyes intently while he explained the ghosts thing then suddenly moved them away when she realized Ryuuji confessed to her is something that wasn't done properly in the anime. In fact, you never get the full feeling that she got it, while in the light novel you can tell she gets it and that she is just too shocked to say anything so she suddenly talks about the ufo (though not as randomly as in the anime).

So some details were done improperly, guess I will say this to you I would like in the future since you read the novel to give out summaries like that to compare. I understood a little more from this episode through your comment above so I know I can understand more. Please continue comments like those. They helped since I do not read the novel. Maybe when I have less University studying.
Dec 15, 2008 12:12 PM

Jul 2007
i just looooove the chemistry between all five of them! that's all i can say for this show. it is EPIC
Dec 15, 2008 1:39 PM
Dec 2007
slayer545-sama said:
So some details were done improperly, guess I will say this to you I would like in the future since you read the novel to give out summaries like that to compare. I understood a little more from this episode through your comment above so I know I can understand more. Please continue comments like those. They helped since I do not read the novel. Maybe when I have less University studying.
I was just keeping up with the fan translations for the novel, which sadly end around the summer vacation novel, so I have no idea about what's in store next. That said, I also found reading the novel gives you a different view on things. Both the anime and the novel have their own charm, and I dare say the Anime has done well, even with it's limitations. The Novel has the luxury to sit around and do through analysis of most actions the reader is expecting the writer to describe the world around Ryuuji, you could even say it's the novel's obligation to be as through as possible describing how the characters looked, felt, or slight nuances like that. In the Anime, the viewer is presented an active image, pretty much skipping right to the action and dialogue, and the viewer expects the characters to act, instead of expending several minutes describing how they felt at that specific moment.
Leon-GunDec 15, 2008 1:43 PM

Dec 15, 2008 3:40 PM

Apr 2007
ami + takasu > kushieda + takasu
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 15, 2008 6:27 PM

Feb 2008
Up till now I don't realy liked Minorin, but in this holiday episodes she was great.
But still, with every episodes I'm starting to root more and more for Ami-chan. :)

Oh and it starting to feel like a classic harem setting. Now all three girls is getting closer to Kitamura.. Yet I hope it will keep up with the uniqueness.
maLakaiDec 15, 2008 6:39 PM
Dec 16, 2008 4:56 AM

Dec 2007
I like Minorin the most, so this episode was pretty awesome. He'll probably end up with Taiga, but oh'well. Next episode tyme. :D
Dec 16, 2008 8:49 AM

Mar 2008
Okay episode, good development on the RxA and RxM

Meh the classic harem setting would be better then the whole dog bashing girl theme before.
if i had to rank the 3 girls it'd be Ami - Minorin - Taiga
Well not like i hate minorin or taiga but i've never liked those aggressive female lead types.

MAL list updates
Dec 18, 2008 4:32 PM

Jan 2008
Haha, Minorin turn the tables around with more supprises XP
Though, I still prefer Ami <3
Dec 18, 2008 7:17 PM

Aug 2008
I liked the ep. It was good :D
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.