Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 2, 2008 5:42 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah finally. A somewhat decent episode.
Though I was more interested in the opening showing the scenes of the upcoming Bleach movie. It looks good and I do hope that it would live up to my expectations.
Dec 2, 2008 6:46 PM

Aug 2007
A decent episode. Though it can be summed up with "Bankai. I win."

The Bleach movie that was previewed in the OP on the other hand... Hell, I'll watch it simply for that godly animation (for Bleach its godly at least).

In any case, 4/5 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 2, 2008 7:35 PM

Sep 2007
Decent episode. Not a lot of filler parts either which is good. The movie looks like it'll kind of suck. It's just another Ichigo vs Soul Society turned Ichigo vs new enemy movie.
Dec 2, 2008 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
i kept thinking, i've seen this Arrancar's form then i realized half-way through the episode that i read the manga chapter. >,< so silly of me. but i was happy with the episode, i think it turned out pretty good. Kuchiki action is always welcome to me. XD now i'm waiting, impatiently, for the Kenpachi fight.

on the flip side, i'm really excited about the movie but it kills me to know that i have to wait a year to see it. >,< it looks like it'll be pretty cool with lots of action!

Dec 2, 2008 9:57 PM

Nov 2007
Not only a pumpkin resurrecion. A PINK pumpkin resureccion. Poor Zommari.

Also, Yachiru as a catgirl. To think Bleach would shatter my nutbladder. Unexpected.
Dec 2, 2008 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
One of the better episodes in a while, I was waiting for the at least one espada to get absolutely obliterated and Byakuya delivers.

The movie looks interesting, I'll be waiting to see it.
Dec 2, 2008 10:24 PM

Apr 2007
That movie looks goooood. Also I think it has some parts of the manga. >_>

I'm happy with this episode! Hanatarou came back and it was full of Byakuya. Can't get tired of it!

Dec 2, 2008 10:54 PM

Jun 2008
It looks like they explained the whole movie from the opening and the ending.

Anyway it was kinda boring episode,the fight should take 1 minute only.
Dec 3, 2008 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
there we go. an episode that stayed on the path of the manga. i dont think there was any filler at all in this one. and man am i glad that they finally focused on one fight. it was starting to get annoying to flip scene by scene in everyone's fight.
Dec 3, 2008 12:25 AM

Jan 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
A decent episode. Though it can be summed up with "Bankai. I win."

Whahaha exactly
~de Arimasu
Dec 3, 2008 12:45 AM

Jul 2008
Don't you just love the war of lavish vocabulary?

Still Byakuya after he called his bankai was an absolute classic "PWN, I win"
Dec 3, 2008 1:04 AM

Dec 2007
The episode was quite okay, though I thought those hanatarou scenes were a waste of time.
Dec 3, 2008 2:38 AM

Jun 2007
small manga spoiler about the movie shots
Dec 3, 2008 3:50 AM

May 2008
Its a great Episode for bleach.. since Byakuya is fighting of course I loved it X3
He is so cool and have a good vocabulary XDD

on the flip side, i'm really excited about the movie but it kills me to know that i have to wait a year to see it. >,< it looks like it'll be pretty cool with lots of action!

same here T_T
Dec 3, 2008 4:17 AM

Oct 2007
wow finally a good episode
i mean it finally was how it should be, maybe still a bit dragged out which is stupid but if every episode would be like this then it would be awsome once again
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2008 5:23 AM

Aug 2007
Couldn't get enough of Byakuya, though I'd like to see him struggle sometimes.. his reaction when Rukia was about to get marked by that black symbol thingy was priceless. *is a Byakuya fan*

Movie looks really interesting. Can't wait.

Dec 3, 2008 6:42 AM
Aug 2008
i'm glad they got this fight over with. And even though they dragged parts of it out they finished it in one episode which made me very happy.
Dec 3, 2008 7:41 AM

Jul 2008
awesome episode byakuya delieves with that bamkai he owns but man that opening scene with the movie man looks amazing im actually mad that i have to wait a year to see it.lame-_-
Dec 3, 2008 8:58 AM
Dec 2007
I don't know why but it just wasn't as exciting as Byakuya fights of old. And what a lame Espada that was. So he was just like Espada #9, all he had going for him was a good trick. Any of the other fighters would have struggled against him though, since they all depend on physical attacks. Well, Bankai our way to the next Espada, Kuchiki-taichou (I just realized he was quite rude by killing him without even telling him his name).

Dec 3, 2008 9:14 AM

Apr 2008
Hmmmm no I actually disliked this one..... I whonder who the designers are of this arc cuz I just think that every released form of Espada looks totally ridiculous... WTF dude that espada looked really dumb >_< Lame espada.... and man they talked way too much this episode and then the fight was decided in a second ..... >_<
I guess I just prefer humanoid-ish beings over ridiculously looking ''monsters''
Dec 3, 2008 9:24 AM

Jun 2007
Just like in the manga if only byakuya had finish that guy earlier we might had saw more of kenpachi :D but o well it was a decent episode i give it a 4/5 .

Dec 3, 2008 9:40 AM

Jan 2008
What's with the look of some characters? Do they really look that weird or is it because I'm feeling extremely sleepy?

Dec 3, 2008 9:56 AM
Dec 2007
I don't get what you are saying. That's how they have always looked, however unrealistic it may be. The only one who got a ridiculous makeover was Mayuri.

Dec 3, 2008 10:20 AM

Jan 2008
Not a bad episode. I'm looking forward to the next one, even though I know exactly what's going to happen thanks to the manga.

I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the movie sequencing. The ending especially. These people need to watch an AMV or two. Rule 1: You never throw random scenes at a song and hope they click. These most definitely did not. It's unfortunate because I really enjoy the song.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 3, 2008 10:22 AM

Apr 2008
YAY!!! a decent episode. we had an espada show up, talk our heads up, release, and get defeated in ONE episode! Finally! Good job Kuchiki. Yay!!!

(ps I think I might owe a friend some money now)
Dec 3, 2008 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
Horrible episode.
Dec 3, 2008 10:45 AM

Oct 2007
Good episode, with Byakuya kicking ass with his super cool attitude :3

also great preview of the third movie - want to watch it NOW!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2008 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
I really enjoyed this episode ^^
Dec 3, 2008 11:36 AM

May 2007
Even though I enjoyed the episode, somehow I thought it could've been done a little better. It just felt like it was lacking a little something... Still, Byakuya rocks :) & they stayed very close to the manga with one or two minor filler scenes (e.g. Zommari never makes Rukia attack Byakuya, but goes straight to "move or I'll make her cut her own head off" bit)

Looks like they're going at the rate of about 2 manga chapters per episode. Not long till the Kenpachi fight, but personally I'm quite looking forward to the mad scientists fight with Mayuri vs Szayel Aporro.

Dec 3, 2008 11:40 AM

Jan 2008
Leon-Gun said:
I don't get what you are saying. That's how they have always looked, however unrealistic it may be. The only one who got a ridiculous makeover was Mayuri.

They didn't look like that in the last episode. They are now somehow... twisted? Bad? I don't know how to describe it. Someone else thought that too when I showed them.
Dec 3, 2008 11:45 AM
May 2008
Peralisc said:
wow finally a good episode
i mean it finally was how it should be, maybe still a bit dragged out which is stupid but if every episode would be like this then it would be awsome once again

completely agreed

and WTF?! urahura in a captain's uniform? o.O just in which time period this movie is taking place?

theunknown, you are right. i too wondered if they changed animators or what. they all loked weird.

an yet another side note: i really want byakuya to explain why he defeated that silly espada. he soo kicks ass in that scene >_<
geyikDec 3, 2008 12:01 PM
Dec 3, 2008 12:29 PM

Aug 2008
Excellent episode! Next Kenpachi please!
Dec 3, 2008 1:00 PM

Apr 2008
Hanataro!!!! noooooooo!!!!
Those 2 are both arrogant!!!
They talk too much XD
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Dec 3, 2008 1:01 PM
Jun 2008
damn..ep wasn't very good, except for the movie like art. i'll give it a 3/5. this espada was even lamer than that Szayel gay. but he's already dead, so i'll forgive him for being so lame.
Dec 3, 2008 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
What an abortion of an episode. I'm pretty sure Zaraki said only captains and vice captains were coming, and lo and behold I get 3 minutes of Hana not keeping his mouth shut. Also, I got a icy wasp off between Byakuya and the black espada...words, words, words, sarcastic arrogance here, words, words, words, caustic remark there, words, words, words, the fight's over. What?! This episode was worse than a lot of the filler...I expect better from the main story.
Dec 3, 2008 2:01 PM

Oct 2008
I agree with noteDhero, very lame episode in my opinion. Byakuya vs Ichigo was one of my favorite fights in all of anime, so I was really expecting something good from this. What we got was about 12 minutes of the Espada explaining how his power works, 3 minutes of Hanataro being annoying, and only like 3 minutes of Byakuya actually fighting. Oh well at least we got some movie footage. Hopefully its the Kenpachi fight soon, that should be sick.
Dec 3, 2008 2:06 PM

Jan 2008
It was a nice episode, a bit to much of useless dialogue though.
Dec 3, 2008 2:13 PM
Dec 2007
BeckMCS said:
I agree with noteDhero, very lame episode in my opinion. Byakuya vs Ichigo was one of my favorite fights in all of anime, so I was really expecting something good from this.
Well you know, Ichigo vs. Byakuya was only cool because Ichigo had both the bark and bite to get under Byakuya's skin. Byakuya is a pretty boring guy all in all.
TheUnknownX said:
Leon-Gun said:

They didn't look like that in the last episode. They are now somehow... twisted? Bad? I don't know how to describe it. Someone else thought that too when I showed them.
I guess it's true, but the animation has been different ever since the fillers so I kind of let it slide. Maybe you guys are right and they may have changed the animators or something.

Dec 3, 2008 2:13 PM
Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
What an abortion of an episode. I'm pretty sure Zaraki said only captains and vice captains were coming, and lo and behold I get 3 minutes of Hana not keeping his mouth shut. Also, I got a icy wasp off between Byakuya and the black espada...words, words, words, sarcastic arrogance here, words, words, words, caustic remark there, words, words, words, the fight's over. What?! This episode was worse than a lot of the filler...I expect better from the main story.

There's nothing much Studio Pierrot can do about it. Really. Tite Kubo is a master at writing uninspired dialogue between 2 people about to duke it out. they argue with each other like 10 year olds.

Character A: I'm better than chu!
Character B: No I am!
Character A: Are you fucking deaf of something?!?! I already said I was better than you!

that's pretty much how Bleach pre-fight ritual go until I put the manga on-hold a few months back.
Dec 3, 2008 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
Avarice said:
There's nothing much Studio Pierrot can do about it. Really. Tite Kubo is a master at writing uninspired dialogue between 2 people about to duke it out. they argue with each other like 10 year olds.

Character A: I'm better than chu!
Character B: No I am!
Character A: Are you fucking deaf of something?!?! I already said I was better than you!

that's pretty much how Bleach pre-fight ritual go until I put the manga on-hold a few months back.

HA! I was unaware of this. I don't remember it being too bad in the beginning, but this was just downright horrible
Dec 3, 2008 2:21 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah...i was slightly disappointed with this episode as well.
The fight was more of a war of words kinda thing. I expected more...especially from Byakuya but meh.Still, that was some good thinking (binding Rukia).

You know, at first I thought the espadas were really, REALLY powerful foes...what with their strong, impressionable introduction back in Karakura Town and all...now I'm beginning to think they're really lame...seriously, what was up with that 50 eyes witchcraft guy? His hollow form looks like a friggin genie that came out of aladdin's unwanted lamp pile...his power's similar to Syazel's...and he got owned so easily >.>
Is Tite-san running out of ideas? =/

well...hope the other fights are better
Dec 3, 2008 4:20 PM

Oct 2008
Ahahah I love Byakuya :] He's one of my favorites.
Man that arrancar guy is like the wussiest out of all of them so far. I couldn't wait for Byakuya just to finish him off, his powers were lame too
Dec 3, 2008 4:35 PM

Sep 2008
its was ok, ...
Dec 3, 2008 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
The summary at the beginning took 5 minutes ==" that aside Hanatarou kind of pisses me off, it took Byakuya 3 times telling him 2 stand back before he did =/ but seriously the released forms of some of these espada are really ugly D: they should make them better looking like some of the shinigami Bankai's =] this was an "okay" episode, at least I got to see Byakuya in action but not all that much action =/
Dec 3, 2008 8:42 PM

Jun 2008
I thought it was a really good episode. Can't wait for the next one.
Dec 4, 2008 1:40 AM

Nov 2008
TheUnknownX said:

The drawing is slightly changing from episode to episode, it's the fact.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Dec 4, 2008 4:06 AM
Dec 2007
Crimsonwill said:
but seriously the released forms of some of these espada are really ugly D: they should make them better looking like some of the shinigami Bankai's =]
Well, they can't look like Bankai because they aren't Bankai. They aren't even releasing their swords. They are just returning to their Hollow forms, and Hollows are ugly by nature. Hence the term Resurrecion, which refers to them ressurecting their hollow selves that they buried once they turned humanoid.
Leon-GunDec 4, 2008 4:11 AM

Dec 4, 2008 8:16 AM

Aug 2008
Nice episode, Byakuya can take that espada nicely, i lawl at how it each captain vsers each espada and how they match up against eachother.

I aggree that espadas releases are so uglly. Its crap.
Dec 4, 2008 9:15 AM

Jul 2008
This eps. was bad and was good. XD
Good, because we finally saw some fights and etc. The plot got a little bit further.
Bad, because 1) too much blah-blah talking. Gee, couldn't just Byakuya and that arancar do it a little bit faster without that arrogance talk? O_o 2) I really join everyone who says that the animation has changed.. because I also think it really did >.< 3) gee, Hana in the Hueco Mundo? I thought there were only Cap. and Lt. there x_X maybe I'm mixed up...
and the last point which isn't bad or good, but I find it odd - Cut outs from the movie in the beginning? Isn't that a spoiler? I'm looking forward to the movie, but gee...
Spoiler really sucks, although I enjoyed viewing it's animation ^^..

Dec 4, 2008 10:09 AM

Feb 2008
boring. didn't he also tell ichigo that the difference between his power and ichigo's are heaven and hearth yet he still lost?

generally control type abilities are used by people who are naturally weak. that espada just got matched with the wrong person. even so, the fight was boring, the talk was boring...and well, at least the Op was different.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people hate/dislike or just dont watch bleach? ( 1 2 )

NessieMAL - May 24

67 by 0207xander »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

37 by wallus81 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

51 by wallus81 »»
9 hours ago

» Favorite Shinigami?

Fukoku - May 20

38 by TRC_Randy »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 38 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

28 by wallus81 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.