Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 20, 2013 10:24 AM

Jun 2011
Total chaos.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Feb 23, 2013 8:29 AM
May 2012
I'll be more shocked & surprised IF they're gonna use firearms instead of just Melee Weapons & Nail Guns.
Mar 18, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 2008
This episode reminds me of G-Senjou no Maou.
Mar 27, 2013 3:15 AM

Dec 2010
tingy said:
Wow, I'm just aghast at the violent crimes happening everywhere.

I agree. Why would you create such a chaos, costing the life of innocent people just because you're jealous of them because they are more talented than you? That's just low.

So there are countries where Sybil's order is not a rule, I wasn't sure about this. Choe Guseong is quite an amusing character as well imo.

I really can't guess the ending, I can't even start guessing it.

Daft Punk
Daft Punk everywhere xD
MeritasMar 27, 2013 3:23 AM
Mar 28, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2011
Oh man, just loved the beginning when they set that chick on fire! Super intense!
Apr 5, 2013 2:14 PM

Jan 2012
I hope they aren't too late!! >___<
Apr 10, 2013 6:29 PM
Jul 2018

The next episode will be a one big fight.
I just hope they will not find Sibyl System.
Apr 26, 2013 11:20 PM

Oct 2011
Shougo, his partner and Shinya are really brilliant geniuses..
Apr 28, 2013 5:41 AM
Mar 2010
I realised about half-way through this episode that they showed Kogami fighting a guy with one of those helmets in the tower, so everything made sense then. The suspense is great and it seems like the tower will be one of the final locations with about 7 episodes left, sounds like good pacing too.
May 26, 2013 10:01 AM

May 2012
Oh boy this is getting really sick, I totally love it! The scene where that girl just got burned alive, fuck that was totally brutal! The whole city in uproar and well the biggest thread is already here, so lets see what will happen next!
May 28, 2013 9:11 AM
May 2012
Boba_Fett said:
Oh boy this is getting really sick, I totally love it! The scene where that girl just got burned alive, fuck that was totally brutal! The whole city in uproar and well the biggest thread is already here, so lets see what will happen next!

That's what Gen Urobochi is all about to me. Bringing you so many WTF moments in the entire show.

GODDAMN INSANITIES!!
JafriZinMay 29, 2013 11:42 AM
Jun 22, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
All hell has broken loose and the plan is going exactly like Makishima wanted. He even got the citizens to start attacking the helmet wearers through false rumors. Kougami must be some sort of genius to pick up on everything that Makishima has done and has turned back to intercept him. Sibil really was just a way to control the masses and we’ll soon find out where exactly it runs through.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 27, 2013 3:42 AM

Dec 2009
Curryninja's post on the last page is a fresh perspective. The fact that an anime can produce such detailed trains of thought always amaze me.

As much as this anime is social commentary, I hope there will be a sound conclusion in these last 7 episodes that will solidify what I hope to be at least an 8 anime
Jul 10, 2013 4:25 AM

Apr 2010
It never ceases to shock me, the amount of violence those people are willing to take just because...they believed they /can't/ be caught.
Jul 10, 2013 9:28 AM

Dec 2012
Looks like everything is coming together towards that scene at the start of episode 1. Makishima's plan reminds me of Batman Begins a bit. I wanted to take it easy but urgh, temptation to marathon the rest is increasing faster than a criminal's coefficient :p.
Jul 31, 2013 11:44 AM

Nov 2012
I hope the other teams managed to successfully stop the riots as well as Shinya's team did. So now we know Makishima's plan is to infiltrate the Sibyl System!
Aug 5, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
Chaos xDDDD in 15th episode, even.

and how Makishima n Choe's convo goes more towards Philip K. Dick and Blade Runner ----- HECK YES Pscyho-Pass had been nothing but Blade Runner
Aug 17, 2013 6:45 AM

Mar 2013
Those people sure go fast crazy.

''E-Books lack character.''
True story.
Nov 5, 2013 6:52 AM

Nov 2009
EmilSoma said:
My god. This anime is freaking me out but at the same time its just really good. I thought about how a system like that could help the world but then watching this Ep makes me think that it would back fire so fast that this world would never be the same again.

BTW, Did anyone else laughed when that one guy said. "I never read dick" XD

I admit, I could not help but stifle a giggle at "I never read Dick."

But on topic, I love this anime so much for the same feelings that you said it brings for you.
\m/

Nov 11, 2013 2:36 AM

Aug 2012
This episode showed us how weak humans are. Sometimes chaos is needed, to remind them..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 12, 2013 5:44 AM
Jan 2009
I already thought that Psycho-Pass was filled with incoherence and retarded things, but this is going too far.

Is there really only 12 persons (the Koankyoku) in the whole city who are able to do something about riots ? Is there no other kind of policemen ? No firefighters ? No riot police ? No army ?
What is Japan in Psycho-pass supposed to do if, for example, a big earthquake happen ? Are citizens all by themselves, with no one to take injured people out of rubbles, no one to prevent the inevitable looting for food and water ? If there is a fire, there is no one to extinguish it ? When people go missing, when animals turn violent, there's nobody who can do anything ?

Seriously, I could continue this fo hours, this is so fucking stupid.
One last thing, since there is no army, are we supposed to understand that every country on Earth is filled with happy and kind pink ponies, and that no country could ever think of, say, invading the tremendously rich and technologically advanced but unarmed Japan ?
Dec 7, 2013 12:37 AM

Jul 2009
another great episode :D

though i find it hard to believed that when the helmet guy started beating someone, suddenly everyone get's crazy, despite not acting anything in the last episode with the woman beating beaten to death in front of everyone.

man the girl got burned alive T__T

i guess being peace for so long will make you forget that things like this still happen no matter how hard you try to act like violence doesn't exists.

so Makishima's only ally is a super hacker huh?

though i find it hard to believe that the bureau has only around 20 people O__O

i was expecting at least 150 and more!! maybe they wanted just the pure elites to operate the city? but the director did say that the city has been in peace for such a long time(i would have believe this if it's around 60-100 years since the sybil system was built)

the EMP pulse grenade being thrown reminds me of Deus Ex HR EMP grenades :)

so 7 episodes left O__O

man this series goes by so fast!!
Dec 29, 2013 1:44 AM
Nov 2013
As everyone has said, shit is hitting the fan. We are finally catching up to the beginning of the show where Makashima and Ko meet. 15 episodes in and there is not a single one i wouldn't give a 10/10. One of my favorite anime ever so far.

I may not agree with their methods, but i can't see the fall of Sybil that Makashima and Choe are working towards as a bad thing. Excellent character and world development through this whole show, really sets itself up for a great climax.
Dec 29, 2013 12:34 PM
Jan 2, 2014 11:35 PM

Jan 2013
Kundalini said:
bakuramariks said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
"SIBYL IS BAD THIS CANT WORK"

I can't agree with this. While the system is not perfect, it has its good sides too.

Hybridbloodszak said:
what makes great stories great is when it sets up its themes so the audience can come to its conclusion on its own, not force you to think it.

You know.. When everyone talks about the plunder of the world and want "World Peace" Sibyl becomes THE utopian mechanism to achieve that. I like Makishima in that sense that he wants to remove this conditioning of the lack of (handling of) any stress. And I find this show to be really challenging the handling of the plotline in the sense that it throws itself into chaos before it can control ground. Despite so bloody violent, and yeah, even I felt outraged, I still felt that the situation was expressed really well.
I mean.. my point is.. I don't find the show to be forcing you to think that a Sibyl system is wrong. It's forcing you to think of the consequences of such a society, or its inherent lack thereof when such a system comes in. I'd be happy to have an aptitude test that tells me I have potential for such and such things (I've even taken it), but trying to live in it and constantly being monitored... Is it really peace? Is it really utopia? Is it even dystopia? It's again a governing system. Connect it to how our world is. The hegemonic structures will always be there no matter what..
Did I even make sense?

This, so right. I completely agree that no where does the show force you to think Sibyl is wrong and at some points I thought it could be a good thing and then it has its pitfalls.

Am I the only one not disturbed by all the violence in this episode? I'm not surprised those honor students went crazy after seeing a couple of their companions being killed off (not to mention burned alive). Pushing people to their limits is what this episode did and it made me question whether the Sibyl system was good or bad.

I enjoyed Makishima's explanation of books though. I've never been one to enjoy reading online books but I could never put a good explanation for why. I guess now I do.
Jan 5, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
Madness have come overboard. Seriously, shit are getting crazy. Why don't they use normal weapon that don't need the necessity of Sybille? The task force in that society is so dumb.

If Kougami wasn't there too understand how Makishima work, this city would be in ruin already. So now they plan to attack Sybille directly. If their plan work, they'll have much more trouble than a few riot...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 8, 2014 5:28 AM

Jan 2013
Go faster!!

:)
Jan 8, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2008
OH WELL!

I am not rethinking my position regarding Makishima's plans and even personality. I am not sure I fully understand his purposes and actions, therefore I should restrain myself in making any further, unnecessary comments regarding the matter. Yet, I still like him for the being moment - what can we do? I can certainly tell the system has a lot of flaws, yet I cannot admit the fact that it's wrong on the whole. It has its good points, doesn't anything has at least one good point from at least one possible perspective? The Sybil system tries to ensue as much happiness as possible to as much people as possible (Mill's Utilitarianism, in a way or another), yet as well as the utilitarian theory, it has flaws regarding exceptions, regarding the fact that people's lives cannot be put under calculus every time (to be honest, most of the time -when sensible stuff is happening - it cannot be put under calculus). so this is how it is. We should be amazed for the fact that the great guy Makishima, the evil character in our story, could see through the shit and say ”ok, this is frigging wrong!” but meanwhile, isn't he a little wrong as well? I kind of agree with Kant when he says that the ends do not justify our means... so you see, Makishima is right now acting a little bit as the Sybil system, its means may not be all the time correct, but its end is to make more happiness/whatever. it's tricky, whenever you want to change something, you have to not care about means, only ends -and this might be what Makishima is doing. ARGm I am frustrated, can't wait to see what he does next).

The discussion between Makishima and the Chinese/Korean guy (can't remember his name) was quite nice, both discussions were, as a matter of fact, that that they had about books, and the other in the car. Unfortunately, I haven't been reading but Orwell, even though I've heard of Philip K. DIck, I didn't know much about Gibson. I am quite startled, to tell the truth: they mentioned Rousseau, Platon, Descartes, they certainly express a good deal of philosophy/and philosophical theories in this anime...so I keep thinking, where does it come from? I love it nonetheless.

Let's see what's next. I want Akane to be cool.
Also, I wonder how is Kogami going to react: you see, I remember the first (or was it second?) episode in which Akane said that ”it was fate” when the image shows Makishima meeting Kogami-kun's eyes... I am so frigging excited! Nice, very nice anime! also smart.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jan 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Jun 2013
Chaos, cruelty, riots, false rumors on the internet...
Seems like Kougami could predict Makishima's moves.
This is a crazy episode.

Marow said:
About as deep as the Mariana Trench.
Feb 27, 2014 11:04 AM

May 2010
From disturbing violence to mind-stimulating dialogues. This ep is the sh*t!!

To pinpoint, I find that "book" dialogue interesting.. Have to find some time to read books from those mentioned writers.

And oh, Makishima certainly reminded me of another interesting character.

Mar 12, 2014 12:21 AM

Jan 2009
1. Love the social media stuff at the start. Info spreads like wildfire.

2. makashima's really good. making those ppl riot. that's good way to make fast change

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 29, 2014 12:05 PM

Sep 2013
Uh oh, looks like Makashima is gonna take down the Sibyl system. the Riots are causing tons of chaos too.
May 22, 2014 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
A literary reference a lot of people probably missed during the Orwell/Dick/Gibson talk is that Makishima dips madeleines, a kind of cake, in his tea while saying something about memories. One of the most famous works of modernist literature is In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust where the protagonist first realizes the power of memories while having such a cake dipped in tea, being reminded of the many years ago he last had one. What it has to do with anything, I'll refrain from trying to guess, but it made me laugh out loud.

I'm surprised by how many people sympathize with Makishima. The Sibyl System has flaws, but it seems to me like an improvement over society otherwise. And this is coming from someone who rooted for the main character in Death Note, but I guess that makes sense in that the Sibyl System is also a very inflexible justice system. Yagami Light I'd say was much more dubious though. It depends on the exact details of the Sibyl System's working which haven't really been revealed. They seem to be making it up as they go.
May 30, 2014 7:02 PM

Feb 2013
rewatching

The townsfolk have finally started defending themselves, but they don't know when enough is enough, having little experience in dealing with dirt-bags.
Aug 1, 2014 3:35 PM

Jun 2009
Things are really heating up now.
Aug 25, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2013
These episodes just keep getting better and better. Can't wait to see teh truth behind the Sibyl system.
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Aug 26, 2014 4:40 AM

May 2014
The beginning was so brutal.
Ko is a badass genius as always :D
Sep 15, 2014 1:46 AM

May 2013
Hectic episode.

Chaos everywhere.

I wonder if the helmet in the back of their car will come into play in the next episodes. Could be used for a twist or something.
Oct 14, 2014 12:17 AM

Apr 2013
... it's getting hard for me to breathe...
*takes a deep breath*

P.S.
Nice homage. A reference to the earliest cyberpunk works in literature, in a cyberpunk anime. I was grinning all the while.
Nov 1, 2014 10:03 PM

May 2013
So the helmet distribution has caused chaos. All these brutal and sick deaths happening everywhere.
All this stress and confusion even cause the normal citizens to go berserk.
Truly, no one is innocent. The Sibyl System is wrong.
Makishima is here to make everything right.

But...
GRENADES ARE FREAKIN' AWESOME!
We're about to reach the part where Kougami confronts Makishima in Episode 1.
Although before that, I wonder what would happen if they all wore helmets?
Who's Criminal Coefficient would they copy?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 20, 2014 10:48 PM

Oct 2013
"No, find the paperback. E-books lack character."

"Got all the same words, don't they?"

"Physical books are more than the words they contain; they're also tools to stimulate your senses and adjust your thinking."

"How do you mean?"

"When I don't feel well, I'll stare at a page forever before realizing I haven't absorbed a word. When that happens, I try to understand why, what's gotten in my way. On the other hand, there are books I can take in effortlessly, no matter how awful I'm feeling. Why do those books draw me in? I think it may be a sort of mental tuning. It's the feeling of the paper against my fingers, that familiar smell of pulp and glue. The momentary stimulation to my brain when I turn each page. These sensations regulate and focus my brain; they make it work better."

SHOUGO KNOWS WHAT'S UP

But mother of ass this is getting really epic and intense.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 21, 2014 2:44 AM

Jun 2013
As always it is Kougami who finds the answer.. Hope someone other than him does from time to time in the future. Nice episode. Makishima is as always clever. Liked how he preferred physical books rather than the electronic ones. Totally a noteworthy point
Dec 2, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2014
Shiro's opinion on those books and books in general had me thinking about it
in the background the whole time. I feel the same. Gotta love him for that!
Dec 18, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2013
Well .. that escalated fast!

So Makashima finally said what I said at the start that it's like a Phillip K Dick novel/movie based on his novels (I do have Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and Paycheck but have yet to read but have seen the movies and Minority Report etc) - the name of the movie was Blade Runner but I guess he wasn't allowed to plug that or something lol. I said from before I even saw it that it was like Blade Runner and I said it on the thread about the first episode lol.

No, not quite George Orwell and never heard of the other author mentioned tbh.
Feb 18, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2007
I liked the action in this episode. I can't wait to see what Makishima finds about the Sibyl system. I think Makishima wants society to have more freedom and the ministry of welfare wants controlled peace. Both of them are just going about it with the wrong way.
May 26, 2015 6:05 PM
Aug 2014
That girl was on fiah!
Aug 6, 2015 7:57 PM

Aug 2015
The crap really hit the fan, didn't it!? I don't know about anyone else, but it kind of has the feeling like things are wrapping up in the next couple episodes, even though we still have 7 left to go. I'm sure they'll come up with some even crazier stuff to bring it to an even better climax though!

The brutality is nuts... I can't believe they set that girl on fire like that. All that mob mentality... And Makishima about to attack Sybil at its source? Things are about to get real! ★4/5
Nov 1, 2015 6:08 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
its more than 1h that i tell myself: 1 last ep and then off to bed we go ... BUT I CANT STOP >.<
So ... one last ep ... and then I will go to bed u.u

Jan 10, 2016 8:54 AM

Feb 2015
The shit has hit the fan! At least Kogami caught onto the feint quickly.

How awesome a feeling would dropping 50 asshats with an EMP grenade feel?

Are Makishima and Gu-Sung about to make out or something?

Episode 15 and it feels like we're heading into the end-game already. Hope it all keeps up the awesome pace of the previous episodes!
Jan 14, 2016 2:13 AM

Dec 2015
I'm wondering if he's right about the Nona Tower and Sibyl. Surely they wouldn't rely on a single-relay system for such an important tool.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.