Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2013 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Damn, the cruelty of getting burned ;o

Good episode. I think those guys in the helmets are a bit too cruel even for a dystopian world like Psycho Pass. Well, it's a good thing that there are others who are willing to stop them.

Loved watching Shinya in action this episode! What a boss owning most of those guys. 5/5.
Stark700Jan 31, 2013 6:53 PM
Jan 31, 2013 8:24 AM

Oct 2010
I am total mind numbing tear RAGING out of mind. The episode is probably the worst since:

Let alone that was worst but it’s the psychology behind it. Among the many aspects the following,

And includes the poor burned person.

Makishima you need to know this:

CAUSE THIS IS WAR! THIS IS SPARTA!

Oh man, that’s how I felt. Like a Spartan that was called to war and witnessing it bears arms in RAGE to stop it all.

This is the episode to say any value to Makishima goodbye cause now he PISSED OFF lots. I used to have somewhat of a value for him but this episode he went way too far

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 31, 2013 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
Dat beginning man. Shitload of chaos and everyone freaking out.
Jan 31, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2013
Wow talk about madness spreading like wildfire lol.

Makishima is beyond epic like always. And *crazy prediction* the old chief lady is actually part of Sibyl herpderp.
Jan 31, 2013 10:32 AM

Aug 2011
Well looks like everyone's a criminal and everyone's a victim now. Shit is hitting the fan.

Like the last episode, I was so taken aback I honestly have nothing else to say.

5/5
Jan 31, 2013 10:36 AM
Sep 2012
WOW, holy shit, another crazy episode.

5/5
Jan 31, 2013 10:42 AM

Oct 2012
This show is pretty damn brutal

It was nice seeing the citizens give those helmet guys a taste of their own medicine. Shinya looks pissed.

Jan 31, 2013 10:53 AM

Nov 2009
Save a tree! Post your books on the internet! xD

I loved the interaction between Shogo and Choe. It's entertaining to see them in such calm atmosphere talking about all sorts of things.
I am even more afraid about Ginoza. I don't know who's gonna die first, but i feel it will be him ever since episode 13.
Jan 31, 2013 10:59 AM

Dec 2009
About as deep as the Mariana Trench.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 31, 2013 11:53 AM

Jun 2012
These past couple of episodes have kind of let me down. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying where the plot is going and how everything is panning out but lately the show has been very heavy handed when it comes to exploring its themes. Psycho Pass has been yelling to our faces "SIBYL IS BAD THIS CANT WORK", what makes great stories great is when it sets up its themes so the audience can come to its conclusion on its own, not force you to think it. That's what separates a good Sci-fi from a great one especially. This episode even references the classic Blade Runner. Blade Runner doesn't shout to the audience what's come before or it's themes, it shows not tells. Now that isn't to say a show can't have a message it wants to get across, that's different than what I'm saying.

My whole point is if the show wants to be regarded in the pantheon of great Sci-fi as it's trying to be, Psycho Pass needs to be more subtle more or less. The fact that it isn't treading new ground, when it comes to sci-fi, but merely a different take makes the need to be more subtle even more of a necessity. Just my two cents
Jan 31, 2013 12:05 PM
Aug 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
These past couple of episodes have kind of let me down. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying where the plot is going and how everything is panning out but lately the show has been very heavy handed when it comes to exploring its themes. Psycho Pass has been yelling to our faces "SIBYL IS BAD THIS CANT WORK", what makes great stories great is when it sets up its themes so the audience can come to its conclusion on its own, not force you to think it. That's what separates a good Sci-fi from a great one especially. This episode even references the classic Blade Runner. Blade Runner doesn't shout to the audience what's come before or it's themes, it shows not tells. Now that isn't to say a show can't have a message it wants to get across, that's different than what I'm saying.

My whole point is if the show wants to be regarded in the pantheon of great Sci-fi as it's trying to be, Psycho Pass needs to be more subtle more or less. The fact that it isn't treading new ground, when it comes to sci-fi, but merely a different take makes the need to be more subtle even more of a necessity. Just my two cents

It already established this in the early episodes, the exposition is over.
Jan 31, 2013 12:17 PM

Nov 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:
"SIBYL IS BAD THIS CANT WORK"

I can't agree with this. While the system is not perfect, it has its good sides too.
Jan 31, 2013 12:47 PM

Jun 2009
well i guess the showdown is about to start + its most likly the tower where
it is goining to tske place (I think thats what we saw in the first ep )

soo i cant wait till then
Jan 31, 2013 12:55 PM

Jan 2012
My god. This anime is freaking me out but at the same time its just really good. I thought about how a system like that could help the world but then watching this Ep makes me think that it would back fire so fast that this world would never be the same again.

BTW, Did anyone else laughed when that one guy said. "I never read dick" XD
Jan 31, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2009
bakuramariks said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
"SIBYL IS BAD THIS CANT WORK"

I can't agree with this. While the system is not perfect, it has its good sides too.

Hybridbloodszak said:
what makes great stories great is when it sets up its themes so the audience can come to its conclusion on its own, not force you to think it.

You know.. When everyone talks about the plunder of the world and want "World Peace" Sibyl becomes THE utopian mechanism to achieve that. I like Makishima in that sense that he wants to remove this conditioning of the lack of (handling of) any stress. And I find this show to be really challenging the handling of the plotline in the sense that it throws itself into chaos before it can control ground. Despite so bloody violent, and yeah, even I felt outraged, I still felt that the situation was expressed really well.
I mean.. my point is.. I don't find the show to be forcing you to think that a Sibyl system is wrong. It's forcing you to think of the consequences of such a society, or its inherent lack thereof when such a system comes in. I'd be happy to have an aptitude test that tells me I have potential for such and such things (I've even taken it), but trying to live in it and constantly being monitored... Is it really peace? Is it really utopia? Is it even dystopia? It's again a governing system. Connect it to how our world is. The hegemonic structures will always be there no matter what..
Did I even make sense?
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jan 31, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
MY MIND = BLOWN.
Personally, I think it's just getting better and more insane then before. Riots on the street, helmet wearers and normal citizens going nuts and the sibyl system in danger.
Shit just hit the fan!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 31, 2013 1:45 PM

Dec 2009
wow thAT was fast to turn them into soo cold blooded Killers looked like Resident Evil (or HoTD) the Empty Streets and burning everywhere

about time the Police get serious cant wait for more Makishima he knows how to fight soo im waiting for a great battle betwwen him and Shinya ~~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2013 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
in the end it became epic!
Jan 31, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Best ep I've seen of this show. I enjoyed how the tables turned in the school, and how the weak spots of the system showed up. Of Course even when old White hair gets shot in the face by Makishima (hoping that happens) she'll likely not even to the end think her little system of control is wrong.
Jan 31, 2013 2:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, I'm just aghast at the violent crimes happening everywhere. There's no clear line between good and bad anymore...I like how Shinya said that even the people behind the helmets are victims themselves.

I also liked the conversation Makishima had with Choe Guseong about the books. Nice mentioning of George Orwell although I haven't read the other ones. It's also interesting how he talks about the difference between ebooks and physical books. I totally agree with him about how it's better to read it when you can actually turn the page. Just something I found interesting in this episode that no one has mentioned yet :) Seriously, I find myself agreeing with Makishima in a lot of things (although not everything...). But I still find him pretty despicable for killing Akane's friend.
Jan 31, 2013 2:29 PM

Jun 2010
Amazing. What else can i say? This gets better and better and shit's going real next episode. Can't wait for it!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 31, 2013 2:37 PM

Sep 2012
Very good episode it wasn't as good as last week but still this series is getting better and better and also more violent :), i can't wait for Makashima and Kougami to meet i think this was the tower in the first episode when we saw Makashiam and Kougami.
Jan 31, 2013 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome.

I loved it.

Cant wait for the next episode.

So choe gu is Korean?
Jan 31, 2013 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
It's frustrating that they're still unwilling to use weaponry that isn't linked to Sybil at this point, but realistic since you have to take into account they don't know a world without it, still you'd think they would realize they have to do something about what's going on, what they keep deciding to do even after group deliberation is like throwing a small rock at a giant and expecting it to keel over, even if it's realistic there is a point of main-character-naivety that I become unwilling to sympathize with, finally in this episode they started getting smart, so 5/5, this is still my favorite anime of the season despite that singular fault it's perfect.
Jan 31, 2013 3:05 PM
Jul 2008
Danielcook said:
Awesome.

I loved it.

Cant wait for the next episode.

So choe gu is Korean?

...yes? His name sort of implies Korean ancestry at least.
Jan 31, 2013 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
This series just continues to get better and better.

1. I got a chuckle out of the Dick, Gibson, and Orwell references. I just found it funny since this series is built around the principles of those three writers.

2. The MWBSP (not sure if that's the right abbr.) is completely unprepared for something like this and Makishima knows it. It's cool to see how his mind works, as well as his colleague.

3. I'm sure a lot of people still dislike Akane, I still think she's brilliant. It's fun watching her and Kogami work off each other because as you could probably tell from Shusei's dumb expression that they have this figured out while everyone else is running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
Jan 31, 2013 3:11 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, so messy.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 31, 2013 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
Btw isn't the MWBSP worried about they're family in the town? I mean, wouldnt they be in danger? Why isn't any of this going through their head. In a situation like this, the first reaction do is panic and contact your relatives, especially if this is happening throughout the city

How about Akane? Isn't she worried that her family ans friends are dead? Like, her one friend was already a victim, how about the other woman?
Star_BoyJan 31, 2013 3:29 PM
Jan 31, 2013 3:34 PM
Jan 2013
Ah the genius of this episode! first the contrast between the scenes of rampage and mass violence and that calm conversation between makishima and Guseong (is that his name ??) the reference to the fact that this is an insulated closed up society and the fact that the Sybil system, the center of power pretty much remains invisible and unknown to the people are also typical features of the dystopian society. It’s interesting to see how fragile this system actually is and how swiftly it crumbles down to leave the society with no even a semblance of order or sanity ironically. One redeeming factor for makishima is that up until now all these people accepted the system and let it steal their lives. I like how he says about all this destruction: if there is something beyond it that's good, if there isn't then I'll accept it"
Also I don’t agree at all with those saying that this show is not subtle unlike zetsuen no tempest the references to literature and philosophy here are varied some of them are made obvious and others are much less and it opens much room for speculation everyone can interpret them in their own way. Also as usual with urobushi the line between good and evil is blurred between the system and makishima none is totally evil it’s the impact on society and the individuals that matters
Jan 31, 2013 3:38 PM

Nov 2009
sadia604 said:
NOTHING can justify killing and manipulating so many people.

Even at war when elite people are manipulating everybody in order to liberate a country and its people? (let's say their intentions are this (good) and they don't have other motives)
Jan 31, 2013 3:43 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode again!
The ost is so awesome. Want to know what the song is are?!
Now i know what is the symbol of the shibi mask.Many people cause an ruckus in the city. Getting really bad. It is getting more crazy.
The end looks so exciting to know what happens next episode.
5/5
Jan 31, 2013 3:45 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, The first few minutes are bloody and scary especially when that woman got burned.
Jan 31, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2012
OK episode.
Jan 31, 2013 3:53 PM

Oct 2010
dat cliffhanger.. FUUUUUUUU
Jan 31, 2013 3:56 PM

Feb 2012
Damn this ep felt way too short.
Jan 31, 2013 4:00 PM

Oct 2007
Hybridbloodszak said:
These past couple of episodes have kind of let me down. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying where the plot is going and how everything is panning out but lately the show has been very heavy handed when it comes to exploring its themes. Psycho Pass has been yelling to our faces "SIBYL IS BAD THIS CANT WORK", what makes great stories great is when it sets up its themes so the audience can come to its conclusion on its own

If it were that simple the antagonist wouldn't be the one trying to bring down the system,the protagonists would be the one trying to do so.

This isn't so much about if the system is or isn't corrupted at this point , rather it's about how much does the result justify the means?If you hate the system,would you be able to do anything to supress it?Afterall,revolutions and overthrowing regimes isn't always pretty.
Is Makishima a violent rebel with a just cause or is he just another terrorist?
all for fun.fun for all
Jan 31, 2013 4:11 PM

Jan 2009
REVOLUTION!!! Makishima is gonna destroy the heart of the Sybl System, but meh i still think the Sybl System have more positive effects than negatives, just look at this episode their are much VIOLENCE without the Sybl System
Jan 31, 2013 4:20 PM

Aug 2011
So psyched for next episode. I heard Urobuchi Gen said that episode 16 was his masterpiece. I presume that that is where and when the very first opening scene takes place. Oh damn, Kougami and Makishima will meet for the first time.
Jan 31, 2013 4:21 PM
Aug 2012
very, very solid episode.

I keep worrying that after this tower conflict it will be the end, I am curious to see what the writer does considering we have a handful of episodes to go.

They also upped the animation quality of the OP, good call.
limpbuttmanJan 31, 2013 4:26 PM
Jan 31, 2013 4:26 PM

Jun 2012
I find it a little hard to believe that there were that many disturbing individuals in one area but I suppose we don't live in this situation so its hard to compare. This anime has a great plot and I don't feel like iv missed something or find myself going "but why", it set up a story and has stuck to it.

Hopefully next ep we get to see some hand to hand combat, that would be cool. One of the best episodes yet. Also shows how unprepared the police were because they almost completely rely on a computer and drones to handle crowd control and to protect the people.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jan 31, 2013 4:27 PM

Sep 2010
OMG! This ep was too much for me, despite the fact that it was just a prologue for the 16th one. I'd like to praise all the staff working on this anime since every piece of it looks so considered. I can't believe that Psycho-pass is only on the 240th place. I like comedies, romances etc but... it's precious to discover such a strong show when your brain works all 20 minutes and every time you're watching the new episode you feel the time goes too fast.

All the characters are great but someone will probably die pretty soon. And Makishima Shogo is one of the best antagonists I've ever seen.

Please, if anyone knows, be kind to reveal where is it possible to find a preview for the next ep?

# 'm sorry for mistakes
Jan 31, 2013 4:32 PM
Jan 2013
I have a feeling that the "true face" of the Sibyl System is this:

Jan 31, 2013 4:35 PM

Jan 2009
Fallenkingzero said:
I find it a little hard to believe that there were that many disturbing individuals in one area

try rewatching this episode again, those people are socially deprived the ones judge by the Sybl System as worthless (or no future), and its not impossible since even today their are lots of poor (socially deprived) people around and they are not violent but if they are given the means to be violent then they can be violent out of social rejection, this is also a simplified explanation of the mass gun killings in America we see every year
Jan 31, 2013 4:37 PM

Oct 2012
I think that the sibyl system is inside of the old lady.

It's been hinting that 2 episodes back.

She looks android-ish, so this theory makes a bit of sense.

Also, that bit with the rubix cube. It was a very obvious metaphor right there.
Jan 31, 2013 4:40 PM

Nov 2012
C'mon seriously? Makishima went overboard. Just because the Sibyl System doesn't work for him he has to try and destroy it... What great logic.
Jan 31, 2013 4:40 PM

Feb 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
These past couple of episodes have kind of let me down. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying where the plot is going and how everything is panning out but lately the show has been very heavy handed when it comes to exploring its themes. Psycho Pass has been yelling to our faces "SIBYL IS BAD THIS CANT WORK", what makes great stories great is when it sets up its themes so the audience can come to its conclusion on its own, not force you to think it. That's what separates a good Sci-fi from a great one especially.

I agree! And I have to say, Makishima is such a stereotypical anti-establishment protagonist -- every time he speaks or acts against Sibyl, it's like, "we get it; you're the good guy." And those antagonists...it pisses me off every time someone from MWPSB voices their support for Sibyl. They're all one-dimensionally evil for supporting their government, the whole lot of them.
Jan 31, 2013 4:50 PM
Oct 2010
damn people be stupid. and who was the ideological politician dumbass in charge of cutting the force and weapons to just <20 people? -_____- like seriously? im sure theres at least 1 million people in the city. why have AIs and that group of MWSP whatever cops for the whole city. and two grenades per person wtf. can make cutting edge tech but grenades werent in the budget? c'mon japan. get it together.

yea its an anime but it still just irking me.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 31, 2013 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
Everything went to shit.

Anyone else got the paranoia agent reference?
Jan 31, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2012
Well frick, that was BRUTAL. Some parts were really hard to watch 0_o Good episode though, interesting to see the chaos ensue and society temporarily crumble. Next episode's gona be great

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 31, 2013 6:19 PM

Aug 2012
Well that escalated quickly...

This anime has such badass style
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.