Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
5 Centimeters per Second
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 30, 2013 10:58 AM

Jun 2010
When life hits you in the face you stand up and hit it back. Harder.
Do you guys/girls think you would be able to get together with your loved one? Or do you think life is a bitch and there is nothing that can be done?
I think I would be able to KO life and do whatever I want. Maybe I'm too innocent for believing that, but, I want to believe it anyway, that I can do whatever I want, as long as I really want it.
The series were awesome and it taught me a lot of things, the ending made me almost cry, but mostly get angry at Takaki (and Akari as well) for their inercy. I know there were a lot of reasons they couldn't contact each other, but still, they were doing almost nothing, despite both loved each other so much, and knew the feeling was mutual.
Jan 30, 2013 11:13 AM

Dec 2009
I've never been in a relationship yet.
But no matter.

In my personal opinion I think that if you break up with your partner or somehow can't be together anymore, that its destiny till you find your soul mate which is also destiny.

Not destiny at random, but destiny based on who you are, your values, your goals, your dreams, your defaults, your qualities, etc.
Feb 3, 2013 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
Well I wouldn't be sending text messages to myself, that's for sure...
Feb 3, 2013 1:59 PM

May 2010
simply go on.
Sep 28, 2013 10:36 AM

Mar 2008
I like to first say, that I learned a lot of things with 5cm per second and is a special anime to me with that provided answered to unanswered question.

To your first question, The way life plays differs per person, and simply my experience, I'd rather have your innocent belief then to believe in true reality. Since optimism is the key to true success in life but success in life doesn't always entails all things we want.

Communication is truly precious with love ones. I experience first hand the lost of such communication, in my middle school days, No matter how hard you fight life, it simply drops you down into the ground. When it comes to relationships which entails friendships also, when you lose communication with these individuals its very hard to reach them. It might take days,weeks, years even decades, to get back on communication. I knows this modern age there things such facebook, twitter, text message, even then it still becomes an arduous task since there are too many circumstances that prove for it be difficult. Throughout my years, I tried to create communication this individual, there are missed opportunities here and there, but to no avail even to this day, still haven't gotten back to communication.

After all that, as the movie points out with time, we just simply need to close that part of time with that loved one and move on. Only then, we pushed forward in life and accomplish things, that we as individuals of this world are made to do. Tohno in the end, did just that, he moved on even though deep within himself he wants to keep the fight going, it just wasn't going to get better for himself. That's the way I see it with your question, learn when to fight for it also learn when to finish it.
Oct 2, 2013 10:31 PM
Jun 2013
I think you just have to accept whatever life throws at you whether its good or bad. I don't think communication is possible unless it's physical.

I had a friend back in elementary school who was my best friend up until high school when I had to move to another country half way around the way. It was then that I realized that I actually liked her, but was too late to pursue anything anyways. We kept in contact through the internet for a while, but it just kind of drifted apart. I would think this was what happened with Akari and Takaki.

What I love about the movie is how realistic it is. It doesn't even have to be a loved one, a close friend would experience the same thing. I am willing to bet that there are thousands of people who experience the exact same thing. Something like this can only be solved with time, whether its 1 month or 10 years. Sure I still think what might have been if I never moved, but letting it go allowed me to move finally forward with my life. Life is never going to be perfect. At some point, you just have to accept whatever life throws at you and move on.
Sep 23, 2014 11:02 AM
May 2012
Cepphei said:
When life hits you in the face you stand up and hit it back. Harder.
Do you guys/girls think you would be able to get together with your loved one? Or do you think life is a bitch and there is nothing that can be done?
I think I would be able to KO life and do whatever I want. Maybe I'm too innocent for believing that, but, I want to believe it anyway, that I can do whatever I want, as long as I really want it.
The series were awesome and it taught me a lot of things, the ending made me almost cry, but mostly get angry at Takaki (and Akari as well) for their inercy. I know there were a lot of reasons they couldn't contact each other, but still, they were doing almost nothing, despite both loved each other so much, and knew the feeling was mutual.

Agreed. They love each other, but they were separated because of the "distance". They should have done all they could for them to be together, but all they did was.........like, nothing at all. If I were in that situation, I would fight that "distance" and be with my girl, because I love her.
I have never been in a relationship, despite me, being popular with girls. I have always wanted a serious relationship, but that's like, impossible in my generation. Well, it will come.........I hope.
Oct 19, 2014 7:08 PM
Oct 2014
I just watched this. It was slightly sad story but it was artistic.

Also, seeing how I been trough an emotional roller coaster with Toradora and Golden Time in the same week, this barely had any chance of moving me.

More topics from this board

» What did you feel after watching Makoto Shinkai`s 5 Centimeter per Second? ( 1 2 3 )

IRIS-T - Mar 6, 2016

109 by Kari-Haruka »»
May 12, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter General Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - Jul 19, 2007

776 by drried »»
Apr 14, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Who's the best girl?

spectre699 - Sep 23, 2023

9 by Jusne »»
Mar 3, 4:59 PM

» im confused

_txhsin__ - Feb 20, 2023

19 by frodberserk »»
Jan 3, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jul 5, 2008

75 by oooo3333 »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.