Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2013 4:50 AM

Jul 2011
I was directed here because it says it's a Durarara!! sequel... but is it really?

The plot has nothing to do with Durarara!! other than the fact that it's set in the same world, right? But how does that make this Durarara's sequel?!!?!?!

Baccano! was also set in the Narita-verse, but that doesn't make Durarara!! it's sequel even though Baccano! was published earlier and set in an earlier time.

So, my question is - is this really a Durarara Sequel, or just another novel set in the Narita-Verse? Is there any canon/word of god info that clearly states this as a sequel? :O
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Feb 2, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2009
It's not a sequel (the same way that Baccano! isn't a prequel). It's set in the same verse as Durarara!!, Baccano! and Vamp! and some minor characters that are mentioned in the Durarara!! novels play a bigger role in Etsusa Bridge from what I've heard.
Apr 10, 2013 7:48 PM

Jul 2011
Thank you :) That clears up my confusion :P I'll check it out anyway, since trying to find Vamp Novels ended in a failure, and I need my dose of Narita every now and then.
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Jul 9, 2023 8:33 AM
Aug 2021
Gigglepud said:
Thank you :) That clears up my confusion :P I'll check it out anyway, since trying to find Vamp Novels ended in a failure, and I need my dose of Narita every now and then.
if you want, i can send you all volume "Vamp!" in eng. i have this on epub format
Jul 9, 2023 9:50 AM

May 2012
Wow... a reply after 10 years?

Ethusha Bridge is by the way plain boring. One of Narita's worst works, along with Vamp!. -g-
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-

More topics from this board

Poll: » Etsusa Oohashi Series Volume 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jan 16, 2015

0 by -Karoshi- »»
Jan 16, 2015 11:13 AM

Poll: » Etsusa Oohashi Series Volume 3 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Nov 21, 2014

0 by -Karoshi- »»
Nov 21, 2014 7:41 AM

Poll: » Etsusa Bridge Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Sep 25, 2014

0 by -Karoshi- »»
Sep 25, 2014 11:26 AM

Poll: » Etsusa Bridge Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 18, 2014 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.