Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2013 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

A fine episode imo with the meeting between the elders. Looks like someone is angry at that meeting though. :o Dat fangs. Also Saki in glasses? Looking good!

Some of the action were alright this episode as well imo. That elder wolf sure can fight and shed some blood. Oh and it seems that song from last time indeed is the new ED song. I liked previous one better but I guess this one fits too. 4/5.
Jan 25, 2013 9:52 AM
Nov 2012
The visuals on that new ED were spectacular!

I loved it.
kpk10Jan 25, 2013 5:08 PM
Jan 25, 2013 10:28 AM
Jan 2013
Does no-one realize the full danger of the Bakenezumi yet? They already developed advanced rifling based guns. What's stopping them from creating mass explosives? How will their Power defend against that?
Jan 25, 2013 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
Those sun glasses.

Turns out they made that song the new ending theme. I wonder what the significance is of having Maria show up in it several times.
Jan 25, 2013 5:00 PM

Jan 2009
ED, as I already said before, but many people insisted that it was a insert song... duh ...is beautiful, the visual is wonderful, indeed the art of Shinsekai yori is better than never.

Maria is the strong point for the upcoming events... and Saki and Satoru is canon.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jan 25, 2013 11:28 PM
Sep 2012
No OP in this episode, but I like the new ED and another time skip.

This episode is pretty good. Saki is looking better than ever. I was surprised that those queerats are actually using shotguns in their battle and all this foreshadowing in these past few episodes are screaming "Queerat Rebelion!".

Can't wait for the next episode where we get to see Maria again.
Jan 25, 2013 11:29 PM

May 2010
To much of a age leap, cant make head or tails out of something, now she the naked mole rat keeper? wrf? the situation was very tense before the leap, now it somewhat lax
HydnlifeJan 25, 2013 11:32 PM
Jan 25, 2013 11:29 PM

Jul 2012
There are so many things to discuss in this episode. First of all, the atmosphere is incredibly tense this time around. Perhaps, it's even more so than the others. A lot of predictions people have made are coming true and it's definitely intriguing seeing that. The way the Queerats are gaining so much power and the way humans are reacting... gives me chills.

And the preview. Jesus, a few people are dead on about this. Looks like Shin Sekai Yori is achieving greater heights. Love this episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 26, 2013 12:07 AM

Apr 2011
Entravity said:
Looks like Shin Sekai Yori is achieving greater heights. Love this episode.

so true! :)
It would be also good if someone will translate the novel..xDD
Jan 26, 2013 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode, loved the new ED too.
Jan 26, 2013 12:38 AM
Nov 2012
So... Saki and Satoru were together, then they broke up.

But now they're together again.

Also we got to see a lot of new characters... and most of them will probably get killed next episode by the Akki.
kpk10Jan 26, 2013 1:11 AM
Jan 26, 2013 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
I wonder if Maria is aiding in the war somehow.
All these colony names are confusing.
Jan 26, 2013 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
That questioning was intense and all those conspiracies.

AiCon said:
No OP in this episode, but I like the new ED and another time skip.

huh? are you aware this series has never had an OP.
I liked the former ED better.
Zee530Jan 26, 2013 2:00 AM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 26, 2013 1:56 AM

Sep 2011
What o_o. Giant Hornet colony got annihilated? What about Kiroumaru then..?
Jan 26, 2013 2:12 AM

Nov 2011
NOOO! I saw it coming but damn! I hope atleast Kiroumaru survived and took refuge with the humans...but they were annihilated...Must be Maria...
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jan 26, 2013 2:24 AM
Jan 2008
My guess is that the queer rats are human , or highly related
Jan 26, 2013 2:29 AM
Jan 2013
I've been thinking about translating the novels if folks are interested. I have a copy of the first two novels in Japanese and can buy the last one.
Jan 26, 2013 2:35 AM

Apr 2011
^that would be nice!
Jan 26, 2013 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
I thought that's how it would end or at least what would happen in the next episode. Robber Fly is about deceit and strategy while Giant Hornet is about pure strength.

Also I'm surprised Saki is in that department and not the Ethics Bureau. I guess she turned them down or is working on a lower position....? Or based on her previous experience she was placed in this department. Anyone know why? (outside of the manga of course)
Jan 26, 2013 3:51 AM

Aug 2011
Another time skip, as we saw from the preview from the last episode.

The atmosphere after the time skip seems really tense and a lot of things will probably go down in this arc I think. To hear that Giant Hornet was annihilated from Satoru (I think) was a big shock at the end of the episode. Oh and nice job there you have, Saki. God of the Death eh.

Also looks like Marumou and Maria is returning according to the preview for the next episode. Can't wait!
Jan 26, 2013 4:20 AM

Dec 2008
The new ED.. is..is..is wonderful. ♥
Even the first is not bad but this..this.. ♥
Jan 26, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2012
I love this show.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jan 26, 2013 4:57 AM

Apr 2011
^yeah, I love it too..
Jan 26, 2013 5:18 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not really sure why this show has such a low rating, I love the atmosphere and the characters + it started so solid with the first few episodes.

The mystery is definitely amazing throughout all episodes, but now when Saki and Satoru are older, I guess things will get much more serious. 8 more episodes until we see some kind of ending, I've always hoped the kids try to turn around the inhumane society where they live in.
Jan 26, 2013 5:58 AM
Nov 2012
I have this terrible feeling that after losing all of their friends, next episode Saki and Sarotu will also lose their parents and all the people in their village, leaving them to be completely alone by themselves :(
Jan 26, 2013 7:38 AM

Feb 2012
It was great,I think the best arc of the story has arrived.
Jan 26, 2013 7:41 AM

May 2010
A lot things have changed huh for the queerats, they started out with bow and arrow, now they have shield and guns (plus their number is large) and all this weird incident, I have a feeling they are plotting something !!
Jan 26, 2013 7:44 AM
Nov 2012
kpk10 said:
So... Saki and Satoru were together, then they broke up.

But now they're together again.

...At least that's what I think. I saw other people say that to them it looked like Saki and Satoru didn't become a couple and are still just friends.

I guess we'll find out the answer next episode...

But what do you think?
Jan 26, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
Holy Molly. The queerats have reinvented Pike and Shot tactics. This puts their tech at around the 16th century with some variations, mainly breech loading firearms with cartridges which shouldn't be invented until a few centuries later. Viva le Revolution!
The Art of Eight
Jan 26, 2013 7:57 AM
Oct 2010
fantastic ep. i wouldve thought they wouldve cleansed the world from queerats after the maria/mamoru deal. hope the new end grows on me. loved the first one
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 26, 2013 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
KingCez said:
fantastic ep. i wouldve thought they wouldve cleansed the world from queerats after the maria/mamoru deal. hope the new end grows on me. loved the first one

Why would you want to get rid of queerats? I support queerats 110%. They have taken enough shit from the "Gods". Its time for a revolution, No Gods, No Masters...
The Art of Eight
Jan 26, 2013 8:16 AM
Sep 2012
Although power can win again modern army,
The technology development of queerat really scare me.
half million soldier + demon vs lazy god won't end well
Jan 26, 2013 8:47 AM

Jun 2010
dankickyou said:
KingCez said:

Why would you want to get rid of queerats? I support queerats 110%. They have taken enough shit from the "Gods". Its time for a revolution, No Gods, No Masters...

I see where you're coming from, but even if they get rid of the humans i don't think Yakomaru would be a very good leader :/
Jan 26, 2013 8:49 AM

Aug 2012
lzpreslav said:
I'm not really sure why this show has such a low rating, I love the atmosphere and the characters + it started so solid with the first few episodes.
I'd wager it's because of the unexpected yaoi + yuri wombo combo.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but given the comments, I guess I will right now!
Jan 26, 2013 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
Those guns, these queerats are getting scarier than ever, they can eliminate the humans if they keep on improving their technology. And the Giant Hornet colony got annihilated? It's either:
a. Their colony has been blasted with bombs or some other technology by the Robber Fly colony
b. Maria and Mamoru eliminated them

And to those who dropped after episode 8, too bad they're missing the best parts of the series (and many more to come, hopefully).

My Youtube page: link
Jan 26, 2013 9:04 AM

Jul 2011
Those who dropped it at episode 8 never really had an interest in the series, I reckon.

Anyways, another time skip and another arc.

Love the ending. It's beautiful, and ever so slightly eerie.

Things are getting heated between the queerats.
Jan 26, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2012
wow satoru and saki look good in their 20s'

amazing ending visuals and song of course

4/5 imo
Jan 26, 2013 10:32 AM

Aug 2011
My lord, the preview for the next episode. I definitely did not expect Maria and Mamoru to come back. And the queerats are flippin' scary. They're so technologically advanced - it would be easy for them to attack humans with those guns.
Jan 26, 2013 10:32 AM

Jun 2011
I'm still waiting for Shun to come back. He will come back right... right?
Jan 26, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode, but dat preview, can't wait for next week. >.<

ToriFuda said:
I've been thinking about translating the novels if folks are interested. I have a copy of the first two novels in Japanese and can buy the last one.

More than interested, I'd love you. :D
Jan 26, 2013 11:02 AM
Oct 2009
darque said:

ToriFuda said:

second'd.
Jan 26, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2011
Smirking said:
I'm still waiting for Shun to come back. He will come back right... right?

Jan 26, 2013 11:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I wonder what the argument over a petty thing was about. I mean Saki and Satoru had always been kind of close (well basing off from the two times they were together when they encountered the queerats).

Okay, so that one guy talking to Saki when they were watching the battle between the two colonies, even he felt that the queerats had some outside sources. Why didn't Saki just tell them her suspicion about Yakomaru catching a false minoshiro? Serioulsy, that Yakomaru is so suspicious it's not even funny. But it seems like no one's worrying that the queerats are advancing in their ways so quickly. Then again, it's probably because their juryoku is more powerful or fearsome than the guns and whatever else Yakomaru has made.
Jan 26, 2013 11:56 AM

Feb 2010
Yakomaru makes me so... uneasy.

I like Kiroumaru so much and I hope he is alright...

looove this show.
Jan 26, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
theamato said:
darque said:

ToriFuda said:

second'd.

I`ve actually found a translation that`s about 140 pages in. If someone can get it translated faster that would be nice, not that I don`t appreciate that translation as is.
Jan 26, 2013 12:15 PM

Nov 2012
Firstly, why did the change the ending song? I mean it's okay, but the last one was amazing already...oh well..

This episode had loads of symbolism going on, and I couldn't even figure out half of it lol More importantly, I can't believe that Yakomaru isn't considered suspicious! They don't even monitor him. I know Saki may feel indebted to him a bit but still, I'd report the guy for all the bull he's sprouted so far about how 'his' citizens are 'so' equal and all. Plus, he's pissing off Kiromaru. What is going on with the Giant Hornet colony anyways? I feel like there's some sort of blackmail having to do with the queen.

Back to Saki, she looks great (a little hippie, but then again so does most of the society) at 26 but I'd really like to know why her and Satoru fell out. I mean the last we saw in the previous episode, they were sleeping together! I don't like this sudden change in values and what's important. I know it's irrational in real life to think that once you reach an independent age of 26 that you're going to be doing what you've always wanted or should have, but I still imagined Saki doing something more exciting than supervising 'exospecies' as they call the queer rats.

As for Satoru, his change is disappointing me a bit. He used to joke around and was adventurous and now he looks like he's going to get wrinkles pretty soon :/

Either way, the overall series is going great. I'm still waiting for that big revelation, turn-over, plot twist episode where we finally get everything but I like all that happens now. I just wish that the characters will remember what's important and the bonds they had a children...
Jan 26, 2013 12:19 PM

Jan 2009
Most of you think the rats have developed nukes or some kind of explosives, but i think your all wrong. Over 100k hornet giants just got annihilated in just one night! There is only one kind of power that can do that in this world and that is Humans.....

Im looking at you Maria >_>
Jan 26, 2013 12:40 PM

Jun 2012
Gahhhh! I wanna see next week's episode :O

and I swear Maria and Mamoru are doing something in the shadows for the queerats >.>
Jan 26, 2013 12:43 PM
Jul 2012
an incredible episode, a fast fluctuations have happened ,now only Saki and Satoru are the remaining ones from the entire children crew, but it seems maria's role hasn't come to an end yet, Marumou we can say that he's out of the picture but we can't say the same for Shin, anyway, those Queerat sure surprised me with their overwhelming might and advanced thinking and also the ways Saki and the rest of the committee members did to assure that those Queerat don't get in wars or anything without them knowing about it, Yakamura or whatever his name was that servant rat the old friend of saki, he is a tricky one, i think he planned out all of that to happen, i mean the Spider Grasp who switched sides during the battles to join the moath ,i think that was all his doing, but until now the relation between him and the Relevance between his kingdom the robots flies i think , and the Spider Grasp wasn't mentioned or hasn't been mentioned yet, i don't know if it had but i don't remember anyway, .. the biggest surprise was the annihilation of the entire Hornet Giant ! i think that had something to do with Yokomura ,Kiroumaru can't die yet, he seemed like a tough guy those weaklings couldn't have been the ones to finish his race.
Jan 26, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2009
I guess I'm the only one whose confused. Is this what happened? There were two separate battles. One between the Giant Hornets and Robber Fly(Allied Forces) and another between Giant Hornets and Goat Moth.

Robber Fly(140k) vs Giant Hornets(100k):
Giant hornets won with Kiroumaru leading them.

Giant Hornets (with Robber Fly) vs Goat Moth
The battle that the man supervised. Here Goat Moth won after Robber Fly just turned around and left.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.