Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 30, 2008 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Slower development than expected.
Yomi is having a hard time in the hospital, but Kagura tries to comfort her best so I can't comprehend what she detests. Well, that butterfly guy forces Sesshouseki into her, so she doesn't have a choice there.
Dec 1, 2008 6:31 AM

Nov 2008
Yo HoaRy! Finally able to get to this. That was yet another tear jerker! T_T The whole hospital scene was full of emotions from the minute Kagura comes to see Yomi.

Probably just seeing Yomi in pain and not moving much was the worst to see. Her crying was also pitiful with only one eye!

Mei is dead for sure and that sucks! She had potential but so did many other characters so it sucks many people die in this series.

The fan service was nice but really inappropriate due to it being while Yomi was healed by the butterfly guy which I hate cause he uses everyone as means to eliminate others. Same reaction to #6 with the fan services of the two girls in swimsuits in the locker except it was done before the whole slaughter of the teacher started.

Good episode cause its got emotions!

Yomi~~~~~~~~~~~~:(

Some fan service but it was pretty wrong, at least cause the whole situation was not right but guess the mature audiences is different in Japan.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 4, 2008 5:17 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, this is getting really interesting, even if I don't understand more than half of what they are saying >.< The hospital moment between the two friends was really sweet... curse that little boy with that stone of his!

Btw, I wouldn't really call the stuff in this episode fanservice, since I always think fanservice is just pointless ecchi stuff. The scene with the stone was showing how the little boy was corrupting her. But w/e =/

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 7, 2008 9:47 AM
Jun 2008
@guykic I hadn't thought of it that way, but it makes sense now. Sort of like in Victorian monster novels. Interesting point.
Dec 12, 2008 4:16 PM
Nov 2007
is it subbed yet?
Dec 13, 2008 8:26 AM

Jul 2007
The butterfly guy is so epic :D

And indeed the fanservice >< But it was pretty decent here, can't expect him to heal her wounds through her clothes, can we?

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/ma2g][/url
Dec 17, 2008 4:26 AM
Nov 2007
:( Poor Yomi, and now everyone thinks she killed Mei out of hatred, if only mei never existed none of this would have happened.
I don't understand why they made Yomi do the whole tapping thing for yes or no when she could clearly move her head then she could nod or shake, a lot more easy to understand than tapping in my opinion.
Dec 17, 2008 6:36 AM

Jun 2008
Sad episode,but wtf is it with how she got her power she was like....eh forget it
Dec 17, 2008 8:56 AM

Oct 2008
finally i saw subbed version, so dam slow
good episode, wanted me to see next one but im cant understand anything in Raws

edit: which subbers if any release uncensored versions?
shoxkDec 17, 2008 1:34 PM
Dec 17, 2008 9:08 AM

Mar 2008
Pencil and Paper was not invented in Ga-Rei?
Or why not use that cellphone for making more ocmplicated sentecnes to explain herself.;
well no matter, the recovery part is done she's all better (and evil) now.

MAL list updates
Dec 17, 2008 9:36 AM
Sep 2008
Stjeppe said:
Or why not use that cellphone for making more ocmplicated sentecnes to explain herself.

My thoughts exactly.
Dec 17, 2008 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
Everything is coming together nicely. Though I really think its WAY too easy for him to manipulate and get his way. Yomi really had no chance to escape this. Oh & the end scene was really creepy as well.... Bring on the violent betrayals and death!
Dec 17, 2008 9:39 AM

Oct 2007
kaizer11 said:
Stjeppe said:
Or why not use that cellphone for making more ocmplicated sentecnes to explain herself.

My thoughts exactly.
She can barely move her hand, and how do you expected her to hold a pen/pencil and write the letter?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 17, 2008 9:40 AM

Oct 2007
I guess nodding was painful for her?
honestly the little fan service really wasnt right. To add it butterfly guy was a kid.

Anywho, it was a good episode. Yep the scene where she was crying out of one eye and texting 'sorry Kagura' was sad.
What was really sad was that Yomi didnt have a single chance to properly explain her actions.
Dec 17, 2008 11:13 AM
Mar 2008
Stupid Kagura, Noriyuki, and all the pplz, she just needed more support and ppl to believe in her, during her time of healing to keep her away from the darkside loll. I'm rooting for Yomi and her hatred now lol. Just hope Yomi kills the little boy though.
Dec 17, 2008 5:17 PM

Jul 2008
Good episode :).

Now it will probably goes back to Kagura vs Yomi ^^
So who are you betting to save Kagura's ass from Yomi? Noriyuki seem the perfect candidate giving how thing happened in the past. Tough Kagura maybe can summon Byakurei, that would be good too.
Dec 17, 2008 5:46 PM

Nov 2007
So that's how it all began, nice enough episode, so with all this explained will they flash forward back to what originally happened? Or go on to continue about the people taken out first episode.
Dec 17, 2008 8:35 PM

Aug 2008
This was actually a really good episode...the more I think about this show, there are elements that I really like, and it's almost becoming about more than fanservice and gore.
Dec 17, 2008 10:10 PM

Apr 2008
Don't complain about the cellphone - the tendons were wrecked; she could hardly move.

Good episode otherwise, the development of the *I hate Kagura* Yomi from episode 2.
Dec 17, 2008 10:58 PM

Jul 2008
A slow paced episode, but some rather nice moments. Yomi is powered up and bad now, the series will only get good from here.
Dec 17, 2008 11:58 PM

Aug 2007
Huh so it was Kagura that pushed Yomi over the edge...

That must have been really painful for Yomi. Her comrades don't believe her, her lover left her, and the person closest to her left her as well...no wonder she succumbed to her hatred.

Yeah she could barely twitch her fingers, let alone write anything coherent with pen and paper. The fanservice was also kick ass! Damn that was erotic! xD

So now you know...Yomi didn't die, the same with Mei. While Mei lived through the power of the Seishouseki, Yomi lived through guts and sheer willpower.
Dec 18, 2008 4:04 AM

Oct 2007
Wow half of this cast is a bunch of assholes. One guy threatens her in the hospital, another guy goes and tells her that her lover doesn't want to see you anymore, the lover is too much a coward to even go and break it off himself, Kagura had the right reaction but was going to go back. Noriyuki is probably the reason for all of this if he had the balls and made a decision one way or the other the whole thing might have been averted.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 18, 2008 7:36 AM

Mar 2008
yea the old geezers in this show are either dead or fucked-up, except for tsuchimiya-dono

Dec 18, 2008 8:15 AM

Jul 2007
KCT said:
I guess nodding was painful for her?
honestly the little fan service really wasnt right. To add it butterfly guy was a kid.

I don't really think he's a kid, they would have given him short instead of long trousers if he was a kid. I'd think of him as a adolescent.

Of course it's just his body, for all I know he may be hundreds of years old.

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/ma2g][/url
Dec 18, 2008 2:35 PM
Aug 2008
did anybody catch the ED? it's been changed it bit. it used to be at the very end, you'd see kagura's footsteps coming behind yomi, but now there are no footsteps. O.o
foreboding ey?
Dec 18, 2008 2:41 PM
Dec 2007
tanjx said:
yea the old geezers in this show are either dead or fucked-up, except for tsuchimiya-dono
The Tsuchimiya's as a family are screwed up, what with them having to sacrifice their body and soul to bind the Ga-rei to their will. The guy has to always be calm and collected so as to not succumb to the stone.

I agree though, Yomi's family is just incredibly selfish. Noriyuki was facing a tough choice so we can't pen it all on him, and Kagura herself was shocked by the revelation that Yomi did had something to do with Mei's death. It's sad she didn't gathered herself fast enough to avoid this.

And that buttlerfly specter is just sadistic and through. To torture her to the point of no return he drove her to kill Mei, tortured her mentally about it, ensured she could not even move or talk, disabling her from explaining herself or even living her life, and then when her mind was throughly broken he went in and forced the stone on her.

I just have to say this. I pity Yomi a lot, and that kid has to die real bad. I like this little show. A real surprise of the season IMO.

Dec 18, 2008 4:31 PM
Dec 2008
PimpToad said:

That must have been really painful for Yomi. Her comrades don't believe her, her lover left her, and the person closest to her left her as well...no wonder she succumbed to her hatred.

I wouldn't really say that, I mean Kagura was the one person who still had faith in Yomi. How can you blame Kagura for being confused after finding out that everyone else had been right? But at the same time, nobody knows about Mei's demon stone except Yomi so that type of reaction is to be expected. As far as what was the trigger to be ready for the stone, yeah I'd say it was the thought of Kagura abandoning her that sent Yomi over the edge.

I don't think I can agree with others and say the clothes being ripped open was erotic. But yeah this butterfly guy creeps me out so much, the way he can manipulate people and draw their deepest emotions. I would love to see how the story progresses next, unfortunately we're running out of episodes
Dec 18, 2008 5:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The 're'birth of Darth Vader!!!

This is getting more like Star Wars....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 18, 2008 8:16 PM
Dec 2007
missinglnk said:
PimpToad said:

I wouldn't really say that, I mean Kagura was the one person who still had faith in Yomi. How can you blame Kagura for being confused after finding out that everyone else had been right? But at the same time, nobody knows about Mei's demon stone except Yomi so that type of reaction is to be expected. As far as what was the trigger to be ready for the stone, yeah I'd say it was the thought of Kagura abandoning her that sent Yomi over the edge.
You answered yourself in the same paragraph. Kagura herself did not meant to push her over the edge, but she did push her. Yomi does not know Kagura forgave her and was willing to stay by her side. Butterfly kid butted in before kagura came back to apologize for her reaction so Yomi's last thought of Kagura is that she hates her for killing Mei out of hate (which she did do, but there was the fact Mei was possesed by the stone and about to die anyway).

Dec 19, 2008 2:41 PM
Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
The 're'birth of Darth Vader!!!

This is getting more like Star Wars....

This episode reminded me a little bit, just a little, of the later parts of the Golden Age arc in Berserk (just before shit hit the fan hard).
Dec 20, 2008 10:28 AM

Nov 2008
Things are really getting interesting.
Dec 22, 2008 12:56 AM

Apr 2008
I can't really see where this is going... Okay, so we know everything now. Back to the present (episode 2). All the guys we love and know are dead. Kagura just got eviscerated by Yomi. That leaves demonic Yomi (category A) and the butterfly guy (category A+?) left, killing everybody off.

I hope this won't be the first anime I watched where the main characters actually die and 'lose' to some unknown evil. Reminds me of Death Note, but heck, Death Note's ending was a satisfying conclusion.
Dec 22, 2008 5:10 PM
Dec 2007
gdavge2003 said:
I can't really see where this is going... Okay, so we know everything now. Back to the present (episode 2). All the guys we love and know are dead. Kagura just got eviscerated by Yomi. That leaves demonic Yomi (category A) and the butterfly guy (category A+?) left, killing everybody off.

I hope this won't be the first anime I watched where the main characters actually die and 'lose' to some unknown evil. Reminds me of Death Note, but heck, Death Note's ending was a satisfying conclusion.
Um, hello..."prequel". This leads to the manga. Obviously this is just a pure "go read the manga NOW!" thing.

Dec 22, 2008 5:22 PM

Sep 2007
I cried during the scene with Yomi and Kagura. Literally. And not the teary eyes kind, but actually crying, which I haven't done since the ending of Midori no Hibi.

I knew this was gonna happen, but man, that was intense from beginning to end. I don't think I've ever seen an anime episode nearly this emotional, especially since I care about Yomi so much.
Nek0Dec 22, 2008 11:26 PM

Dec 22, 2008 8:49 PM

Apr 2007
Eris said:
The butterfly guy is so epic :D

agreed! I hope he doesn't die soon :3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 23, 2008 4:02 AM

Mar 2008
lol I had a few tears then and there with this episode, a lot of emotions were going through me xD I really felt really bad for Yomi, not being able to talk ;_;
Dec 28, 2008 2:58 AM

Jan 2008
Chillyman said:
lol I had a few tears then and there with this episode, a lot of emotions were going through me xD I really felt really bad for Yomi, not being able to talk ;_;
Same ;____;
Who could of guessed that it was Kagura that was the last straw.
Dec 30, 2008 2:55 PM

Oct 2007
Kudos to the writers. That was the perfect set-up. I thought that Yomi might've gone evil during a fit of rage (the fight scene with Mei would've been a perfect time), but having the blue butterfly boy come in and save her at her lowest possible moment... Man, I don't know if anyone could have resisted that.
Jan 18, 2009 2:12 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, finally things get somewhere.
Feb 17, 2009 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
Holy shit whining Kagura is annoying. Why couldn't she have been the one to lose her voice instead? And it looks like it's finally time for Yomi to fall, if only I actually gave a shit.
Apr 19, 2009 4:37 AM

Jul 2008
great parents, first they force you to marrying and then when shes useless you should forget about her~~
and that hospital scene was soo touching, made me nearly cry T_T
again the ed was awesome. that bastard i wish he would die~~
first he let them suffering so that he could use them as he wish~~

May 20, 2009 3:47 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Goddamnit. Ever since Mai-HiME, I hate those little boys in the background forcing such terrible destinies on the girls. I really hope that guy dies somehow.

D:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 20, 2009 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
Kiseki said:
great parents, first they force you to marrying and then when shes useless you should forget about her~~
and that hospital scene was soo touching, made me nearly cry T_T
again the ed was awesome. that bastard i wish he would die~~
first he let them suffering so that he could use them as he wish~~

I agree with you in every point. The parents are pissing me off so hard.
Very sad and fucked up stuff. But awesome episode.
May 21, 2009 11:20 AM
Mar 2008
Really sweet episode, loving all those Yomi x Kagura scenes.
Awesome series btw, can't wait to see more from Aniyoshi :)
Jun 15, 2009 12:58 PM

Apr 2008
Well I actually enjoyed the 'butterfly boy fanservice' x)
Othervise it was an overall emotional and intense episode
Jun 30, 2009 2:10 PM

May 2009
I love the cliffhangers in this anime.

This was a really good episode, loved it! The YomixKagura moments are just adorable and so cute. But at the same time it was so sad..
Damn that butterfly BoY, he makes everyone suffer so much before using them.
I didn't mind the so called "fanservice" in this episode at all. I mean it was just to show the wounds being healed so it wasn't out of place in my opinion.
Jul 4, 2009 4:15 PM

Dec 2007
Mai got fucked up by Yomi, Great episode

Jul 15, 2009 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my gosh-ness.... So our dear ymi survived out of pure luck and willpower and in the end the f-ing Butterfly BoY made her suffer.... stupid thing.... I can't believe the stupid BoY actually turned the poor Yomi to his sides... well... kinda... just as he says... He just pushes a little all the feelings enclosed in their hearts.... Damned stone... You turned the poor Yomi into the bad side... This emotional episode actually made me think about my friends and the support I have to give them under any circumstances... I'm surprised because Kagura was confused by Yomi actions... But C'mon Kagura... You didn't have to do that.... Just leave like that.... The ecchi parts are okay imo... So here comes the mayhem... let it come! XD I love the series

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2009 11:07 PM

Jun 2009
Amzing how people can turn their love on and off

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 27, 2009 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
that little stone brat needs to be put over the knee badly

and so does mei's dad for plotting the whole heritage shit
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.