Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 24, 2013 4:09 PM

Jan 2011
really makes me wonder how the hell she'll end up becoming friends with them after a stunt like this :/

but this was a great episode didn't think she would move
Jan 24, 2013 4:12 PM

Jun 2012
SirMaddy said:
Honestly.
This Anime is getting too over-the-top.
I understand because of her childhood, but Kotoura's mind must have really been warped for her to think that all this was her fault.
And now she's run away.

I'll be waiting for the episode Kotoura slices her wrists.

I think her feelings/actions are perfectly understandable.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jan 24, 2013 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
This anime keeps surprising me. Never expected she would transfer schools. Its probably the first time I see that happen in an anime with a main character leaving the other mains.

Kotoura´s actions were completely logical. People that never truly suffered will never be able to understand her pain. Don't criticize.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 24, 2013 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
Can't help but hating Moritani this ep. Her rage takes the better of her and makes her physically hurt the person she actually likes. And later she regrets it. Well, you row what you sow, bitch.
Well, even if she gets all friendly with them all in the end, it still wouldn't change the graveness of what she did. But maybe, actually most people are like her.
Kotoura was the outsider, the kid who gets bullied. Instead of standing up against it, usual behavior is to go along with it, especially when you'd benefit from it. And when you once accept having a tainted conscience, the next worser steps just get easier.
Well, that's how I'd explain it to me^^
Anyway, I can also understand Kotoura blaming herself in the end. As someone said here, teenagers are emotionally very unstable. Let the scene happen 100 times and you'll get a number of times she blames herself, a number of times she doesn't and so on. So I think it was one of the reasonable, possible outcomes.

Altogether, nice ep, but imho not as good as the previous ones.
I'be to admit I'm really interested in the relationship between club president and glasses guy^^
Also, glasses guy teasing Kotoura was just win^^
Looking forward to next ep. It will probably be kinda cliche, but that's not always bad, isn't it ;-)
Jan 24, 2013 4:42 PM

Mar 2011
Cirris said:

You're a guy. So your thinking logically. and you are right to an extent. However there's a flaw in your argument. Which is teenage girls rarely if ever act things out logically. They are an emotional irrational mess. They only ever try use logic so they can justify their emotional warped thoughts.

I figure Kotoura's irrational feeling of guilt is due to the fact that all of her relationships with friend and family have been destroyed because of her ESP abilities. Her reaction to Manabe being hurt is just a warped version of her greatest fear she talked about in the first episode; her abilities cause people to get hurt and leave her. It's really just her overwhelming depressed warped logic that if she's alone she won't get hurt or hurt anyone.

I'm sure that Manabe will hunt her down and drag her back. I get the feeling Moritani will have some sort if epiphany and then help smooth things over.

Teenage girls may not always act rationally, and I can understand/accept certain leaps that she may have made, but I think her reading Moritani's mind to hear how she's ordered guys to "rough him up", and thus concluding she's entirely at fault is odd. As I said though, it's because of her tragic backstory which has severely warped her that this most inexplicable of conclusions was reached.

I think however they pushed the leap a bit too far. In all whilst Kotoura acts differently, being so warped as to make the conclusion she did would have a greater affect on her day to day life. As it doesn't, it just seems to appear out of nowhere, lead her to make a flimsy conclusion and make a rash decision, and remain until the series decides it's normal time again. In other words it feels like a massive plot device. She seems to only have these massive problems when it's convenient for plot progression within the show.

Orulyon said:
Kotoura´s actions were completely logical. People that never truly suffered will never be able to understand her pain. Don't criticize.

You mean (or if you don't you should) her actions are understandable, rather than logical. Her actions are definitely not logical.
Jan 24, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
Blackbird said:

Sorry but I can't really dislike Moritani for what she has done and beside Kotoura-san is not that kind of person that will hate her or something like that.
I'm pretty sure they will become friends.

I sure as hell can. In fact, I'm surprised people can still like her. And the OP/ED hints that Moritani joins their group so if you still like her then there you go.
Jan 24, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
Kotoura singing the OP song was so cute despite being pretty bad LOL! :D Oh my god I can't get enough of Manabe's perverted thoughts. They're so funny every single time. xD
Moritani was such an ass to get Manabe beaten up. Dammit Kotoura don't blame yourself, you can't help it that you have having uncontrollable mind-reading abilities!
Seriously loving the blend of comedy and emotional drama in this anime.
Jan 24, 2013 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, can't stop laughing at the tone-deaf part xD

Really, this might be the best of this season :D
Jan 24, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
Well for me this episode was too fast.. I can't even feel that i spend around 20 minutes on it.

There's still not much romance in it, you can feel some drama but it's less of it than in first episode.(meybe its better.) I can say that i enjoyed comedy at most. There is much of really funny moments.

It was good episode but way too fast. I'm still missing romance and really well made drama. Comedy was nice.
Jan 24, 2013 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
Arukan said:
So happy. So fun. I wouldn't juge Moritani for acting that way tho.

WHAT? Are you serious?
So you're saying that it wasn't crossing the line for her to send those 5 guys to jump him??
Jan 24, 2013 5:26 PM
Jun 2011
This episode was definitely packed with strong emotions! I had a feeling that Manabe was a strong guy that could pack a punch... It was just sad that he feels that he cannot protect the one he loves. Amazing Episode, cant wait for the next!
Jan 24, 2013 5:33 PM

Oct 2008

Let us see how deep this rabbit hole goes...
OmniknightJan 24, 2013 9:23 PM
Jan 24, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2012
didnt expect this series is good :D

Jan 24, 2013 6:13 PM

Feb 2012
Omniknight said:

Let us see how deep this rabbit hole goes...

Oh you...
Jan 24, 2013 6:19 PM
Jun 2008
well give whole kotoura & manabe been talks in school which make hiyori more jealous on it.

so after kotoura alone time with daichi's "wacky mind joke read" with got him tied-up it's singing time & yea kotoura on singing cue the ugh of all it while hiyori still jealous some of her dojo students ask they want to help her?

next day mifune suggest kotoura make lunch for manabe so ok all look well til manabe just been "got" by hiyori's dojo students yet he manage survive the beating give the "pain" attack.

yet when in school mention manabe is in the hospital cue hiyori in total SHOCK NO i did not want this to happen give kotoura read her & knew she was sorry & manabe all ok.

which seeing the damage happen cue kotoura run away from it.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jan 24, 2013 6:43 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. It's horrible that Kotoura is so damaged that she gets to the point of thinking that Moritani being a fucking cunt is her fault.
Jan 24, 2013 6:46 PM

Nov 2009
InfiniteRyvius said:
Orulyon said:

You mean (or if you don't you should) her actions are understandable, rather than logical. Her actions are definitely not logical.

Don't underestimate a broken-hearted girl, logic does not work against broken-hearted girls
Jan 24, 2013 6:51 PM

Jul 2008
It's a romantic comedy guys... not
Jan 24, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2011
Scheherazade1007 said:
It's a romantic comedy guys... not

But it has romance and comedy. D:
Jan 24, 2013 6:55 PM

May 2012
The End.
Jan 24, 2013 7:00 PM

Aug 2012
Kyube said:
SirMaddy said:
Honestly.
This Anime is getting too over-the-top.
I understand because of her childhood, but Kotoura's mind must have really been warped for her to think that all this was her fault.
And now she's run away.

I'll be waiting for the episode Kotoura slices her wrists.

I think her feelings/actions are perfectly understandable.

True.
But they're taking it two steps too far.
I still wouldn't be surprised if Kotoura slices her wrists in one episode.
Jan 24, 2013 7:12 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah I really don't like moritani, it makes me wonder how she's going to end up as a main character.
Jan 24, 2013 7:17 PM

Nov 2007
Monde11 said:
I don't know why, but it annoyed me that she didn't take her bag with her to the hospital haha. Decent episode, Moritani is a bitch as usual.

I am always against wasting food, no matter how it's cooked, who cooked it, for whom it was cooked, I don't care. That bag had two bentos inside. And homemade too. I was really annoyed. The only downside of the episode imho. :(

iamokay000 said:
am I the only one curious to know if mifune will end up hurting kotoura or not? because she said this whole acting on being a good senpai thingy.

She will hurt her to the point that she might slice an apple for Manabe the next time he is beaten up! :P

Yokurama said:
Arukan said:
So happy. So fun. I wouldn't juge Moritani for acting that way tho.

WHAT? Are you serious?
So you're saying that it wasn't crossing the line for her to send those 5 guys to jump him??

I would agree with you if there were 5 guys, but she sent 4, so I can't agree. Also, either she sent some weaklings or her dojo really sucks. Getting beaten by a pervert like Manabe is a bit too much, don't you think? :/
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 24, 2013 7:20 PM
Oct 2012
so many funny scenes in this episode again
i especially loved the part when manabe didnt respond muroto, i had to rewatch that scene a couple of times because it was so funny

im kinda relieved that moritani didnt send these guys after kotoura but i still hate her
Jan 24, 2013 7:26 PM
Jun 2012
I am lovingly happy seeing this anime! I completely understand what Kotoura feels but I honestly don't get why they made her change schools, that was too quick of a development in the anime and was too soon. They should have make this a 24 episode series to make the plot more interest for Manabe and Kotoura romance progession. But who am I kidding I still love it even though its like that! I'm rooting for Manabe to bringing back kotoura! I really want Hiyori dead even though she is one of the mains!! And hopefully want to anime to have a satisfying happy ending for everyone seeing this anime!
Btw Manabe badass lvl just went up when he got jumped don't ya agree!?!?!?!?!?!
Jan 24, 2013 7:29 PM

Mar 2011
donotthrowsouls said:
Wow. It's horrible that Kotoura is so damaged that she gets to the point of thinking that Moritani being a fucking cunt is her fault.

why can't I stop crying
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2013 7:50 PM

Dec 2011
I thought Manabe was an ex-yankee or something like that... but it doesn't seem that it is the case.

Disappointed on how Kotoura just left like that and not pay him a proper visit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2013 7:52 PM

May 2011
Damn, that was an unexpectedly good episode. The appeal of the cast except that male MC has gone up in my eyes. Hiro and HanaKana sound great together. I won't be dropping Kotoura-san then.
Jan 24, 2013 8:24 PM
Jan 24, 2013 8:30 PM
Jan 2008
The guy I love piss me off so let's kick his ass
Jan 24, 2013 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't posted in a while but I have to chime in and say that I'm extremely happy with this series thus far. It's got the elements of a personal 10/10 in my book.

Let's hope they keep it up!

12/10 episode btw.
Jan 24, 2013 8:57 PM

Mar 2011
Next episode Manabe will bring back kotoura
I can't forgive what she's done to Manabe and I don't think I will like her
Kotoura is nicer thanI think
Jan 24, 2013 8:58 PM

Dec 2012
LEGOF said:
Damn, that was an unexpectedly good episode. The appeal of the cast except that male MC has gone up in my eyes. Hiro and HanaKana sound great together. I won't be dropping Kotoura-san then.

why not the male mc ?
im so proud of him he is rare D:
Jan 24, 2013 9:04 PM

Sep 2008
sfjdjsrtjsrtsrjs omg

So gewd.
Jan 24, 2013 9:09 PM
Mar 2011
gotta give props for actually running away after realizing shes hurting everyone that gets close to her. too many anime realize "im hurting everyone around me" but still sticks around. this is something diff, she actually left without hesitation or saying goodbye (thank god, or it wouldve been way over-the-top unnecessary drama scenes of "you cant go away, i love you" crap)

now on to the "getting her back" hopefully it will be original
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 24, 2013 9:15 PM

Oct 2012
I'm so glad this is probably the last time we had to deal with Moritani being a petty bitch. I'm a tolerant guy but seeing anymore of her dumb actions would probably push her towards the line to being completely irredeemable as a character. Judging by the reactions, she already passed that for some people.

It's hard, especially when I have to wait a week just to get pissed off at what she does next.

That said...THE DRAMA. As much as over the top and frustrating it is to watch, it's still pretty enjoyable.
Jan 24, 2013 9:19 PM
Jun 2012
I'm surprised Manabe's perverted fantasies are still funny. But I guess it's too early to say since it is only the third episode.

Also nothing say's "I want the D" more than asking a bunch of grown-ass men to beat up the boy you like.
Jan 24, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
GOD I HATE MORITANI. poor manabe )':
Jan 24, 2013 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
Lol this show is so hilarious. This episode was really good, but I didnt really like the end, felt kind of out of place.
Elite60 said:
BTW, in the manga concerning Yoshihisa's beatdown:

That makes the end of this episode make a little more sense, but it still seems out of place for her to blame herself for what happened, as it was even an accident on the part of Moritani. I guess its just because of her past.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 24, 2013 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
"To know all is to forgive all," as Madame de Stael said, and Kotoura knows all. If she forgives Moritani, it is because she knows that Moritani really did not mean for this to happen and is truly repentant. Leaving is easy for Kotoura, she's done it before and her whole personality has developed because she doesn't blame other people for what happens--she blames herself. As for some of the comments above about wrist slitting--we've already seen one suicide in this show so it is not out of the question. It's time for Manabe and her other friends to mount a search and rescue operation and convince Kotoura to return.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 24, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2010
xillia000 said:
I want to kill that red-haired bitch.

Nuff said...

Kotoura why did you have to move? It wasn't your fault, I feel so bad for her.
Jan 24, 2013 10:36 PM

Nov 2009
Man, this show is the sleeper hit this season for me.
Jan 24, 2013 10:50 PM

Sep 2008
Looks like this show isn't gonna drop the drama after all.

Great episode. One of the few shows I look forward to from this new season.
Jan 24, 2013 11:40 PM

Feb 2012
Manabe is hilarious lol
the red haired girl is a bitch
I was dissapointed with kotoura's leaving ,but I should have known it would happen sooner or later
Jan 25, 2013 12:37 AM

Sep 2010
What the flying fuck
Is she rich?
Jan 25, 2013 1:48 AM

Mar 2010
Dysoth said:
Can someone tell me why that red haired bitch is acting friendly with them in the OP/ED?

Because if it's because they'll become friends in the future im SO gonna drop this.

She made Kotoura puke, bullied her and almost killed (I KNOW she only wanted to rough him up "a little") Manabe.

If they seriously gonna act normal or even friendly with her in the future, act as if nothing ever happened, I'll be so f*cking PISSED.

Someone call Shougo from Psycho-Pass to curb stomp her!!!

Thank you, you saved me the writting, i hate that bitch, if they become friends it means instant drop.

And Kotoura blaming herself for what happened? damnit, she should've told everyone about the red haired bitch and let her be destroyed.

Ahh well, i still liked the chapter, except for the last couple minutes.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 25, 2013 2:55 AM

Oct 2011
it seems they are going to meet her grandpa... so more drama is too come. I do look forward to making that karate girl more likable (I don't find her to be evil - she fucked up hardly but there is hope for her) and parts with Kotoura's mother

in general I'm getting bit tired of this series... it has great comedy parts, Manabe is good character a lot of adorable parts are there
but it also feels bit forced - we have nice and fluffy start and BAM! drama... and again.
and looking at previous work of those guys (Minami-ke, Mitsudomoe or YuruYuri) I feel like bit disappointed minority ;)
Jan 25, 2013 3:29 AM

Mar 2012
I think the part when after the karaoke the vice president said to Mifune ''your not a good actor especially in the villain role'' might of been a kinda double bluff and that he was implying that she really was being genuinely nice to Kotoura and 'acting' to him by saying she only using her to achieve some goal.
Jan 25, 2013 3:58 AM

Feb 2012
So shit hits the fan. I'm looking forward to seeing where the series goes.
Jan 25, 2013 4:21 AM

Sep 2012
Satori the anime is getting better, i love the drama and it makes me cry.

Kotoura Haruka = Satori Komeiji
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

300 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

457 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

152 by _untitled »»
Apr 29, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.