Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 27, 2013 4:11 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
MagicFlier said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Kurogashi said:
wtf what kind of logic is that. the guy/girl doesnt love me, so im going to send some goons after him/her to teach him/her a lesson; that'll definitely make them think of me more. ??????????????????
WTF?

Dude, it was a plot device, don't dis.

She was humilated in front of the class because of him

Her anger though would have been directed at Kotoura rather than Manabe, for making him turn on her. It was how she was acting all the time up until then.

Just to add. She might have thought she can't do a thing to Kotoura since she'll just read through it.
Jan 27, 2013 4:38 PM

Mar 2011
HauntingShock said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
MagicFlier said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Kurogashi said:
wtf what kind of logic is that. the guy/girl doesnt love me, so im going to send some goons after him/her to teach him/her a lesson; that'll definitely make them think of me more. ??????????????????
WTF?

Dude, it was a plot device, don't dis.

She was humilated in front of the class because of him

Her anger though would have been directed at Kotoura rather than Manabe, for making him turn on her. It was how she was acting all the time up until then.

Just to add. She might have thought she can't do a thing to Kotoura since she'll just read through it.

Do remember that she decided on doing it on a whim, it was like "you'd do anything?", at which point you could see the idea had literally just come to her. Also, a plan to attack Manabe would as easily be seen by Kotoura as a plan against her.
Jan 27, 2013 8:01 PM

Sep 2010
InfiniteRyvius said:
Do remember that she decided on doing it on a whim, it was like "you'd do anything?", at which point you could see the idea had literally just come to her. Also, a plan to attack Manabe would as easily be seen by Kotoura as a plan against her.

Your sentence makes no sense, can you please rephrase what you just said?
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Jan 27, 2013 10:56 PM

Jan 2008
GuiltyKing said:
Damn you, Moritani. Acting like a stupid child just because of jealousy.
Hopefully Manabe will be able to find and bring Kotoura back... and I wonder what's up with the president. At first I thought she's a good person but her repeatedly mentioning those ambiguous things make me believe otherwise.

You should also listen to what the vice president is saying. She tries to act like she wants to use Kotoura in her schemes but he sees through her "act".
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Jan 28, 2013 3:20 AM

May 2010
wow a great mixture of sadness+comedy.
Jan 28, 2013 3:57 AM

Mar 2011
omfgugay said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

Do you, the metaphorical person I am referring to, remember when in episode 3 Moritani was speaking with those Dojo members, and those aforementioned Dojo members said they would do anything for her, to which she replied "You'd do anything?"? Assuming you have in fact remembered this scene, I would suggest that the scene demonstrates how her idea for the dojo members to attack Manabe came to her at that moment, and she had not planned it out. Thus, I do not believe she had a grand scheme in mind.

Someone said that Moritani would be afraid of Kotoura reading her mind if she were to plan to attack her instead of Manabe, however I said that Kotoura could just as easily read the mind of Moritani to discover that she had sent Dojo members after Manabe as if Moritani had instead sent the Dojo members to attack her.

THERE YOU GO.
Jan 28, 2013 6:20 AM
Dec 2012
I wonder how many people noticed Hakushon Daimaou (aka Genie Family) reference. A magical vase in their club room, that is. Reference to such an old anime.
Jan 28, 2013 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
omfgugay said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

Do you, the metaphorical person I am referring to, remember when in episode 3 Moritani was speaking with those Dojo members, and those aforementioned Dojo members said they would do anything for her, to which she replied "You'd do anything?"? Assuming you have in fact remembered this scene, I would suggest that the scene demonstrates how her idea for the dojo members to attack Manabe came to her at that moment, and she had not planned it out. Thus, I do not believe she had a grand scheme in mind.

Someone said that Moritani would be afraid of Kotoura reading her mind if she were to plan to attack her instead of Manabe, however I said that Kotoura could just as easily read the mind of Moritani to discover that she had sent Dojo members after Manabe as if Moritani had instead sent the Dojo members to attack her.

THERE YOU GO.

I believe what hauntingshock meant is if Moritani had the dojo guys attacked kotoura, she would read their minds and find out that Moritani is responsible for it.
"Books are useless! I only ever read one book, “To Kill A Mockingbird,” and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds! Sure it taught me not to judge a man by the color of his skin…but what good does *that* do me?"
- Homer Simpsons,
Jan 29, 2013 3:29 AM

Jun 2011
Dayumm, this anime is so awesome <3
Jan 29, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2007
Loving this series. The intro suggests that Moritani will become one of Kotoura's friends but there'll have to be a crazy shift in her personality for me to forget that she's a bitch!

Jan 30, 2013 2:16 PM

Jan 2008
Yvese said:
I still can't believe Moritani is actually a main character that eventually joins the gang ( Going by the OP/ED )

After all she's done... what a bitch. I see no way for her to redeem herself at this point.

Came in here to say this. Fuck that bitch. Seriously. I hope she gets hit by three cars and a small airplane.
Jan 30, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2008
Panaru said:
Yvese said:
I still can't believe Moritani is actually a main character that eventually joins the gang ( Going by the OP/ED )

After all she's done... what a bitch. I see no way for her to redeem herself at this point.

Came in here to say this. Fuck that bitch. Seriously. I hope she gets hit by three cars and a small airplane.

Seriously. I am never going to forgive her.
Jan 30, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
Seems to be a lot of hate for Moritani. She best be the one that goes and finds Koutora or something like that. Otherwise I'm still going to hate her. What kind of person does something like that. On the bright side, we get to see that Manabe is definitely not a bitch. Taking on four huge Karate fighters? Pretty nuts.
Jan 31, 2013 5:55 PM

Jan 2012
ohh the drama...
Feb 3, 2013 3:33 AM

Jun 2012
Anybody else think it's weird how realistic this episode was, and that it's actually something that happens alot in real life?

Girl likes guy, guy likes another girl, girl gets her guy friends to attack guy because he chose another girl over herself?
Feb 4, 2013 8:46 AM

Feb 2011
kenshin_sama said:
Damn it, Kotoura really shouldn't blame herself for something like this, not her fault at all. :'(

I agree , she didn't have to move and transfer school again ... we'll see how the plot develops though
Feb 4, 2013 9:21 PM

Apr 2012
Well, Moritani has certainly established herself as one of the least likable rival characters in a love triangle ever. I wonder how they are going to somehow smooth things over and incorporate her into the group? My bets are on her being the one to convince Kotoura to come back.
Feb 4, 2013 9:24 PM

Oct 2012
I found it interesting that her jealousy would lead her to hurt her crush instead of hurting her rival. My face was just O_O WHAT.

Feb 5, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2007
The episode was so funny. I like how Manabe looks like a dog waiting for his food. But I'm dissapointed that it ended sad.
Feb 10, 2013 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
First part was boring as fuck, second part was just stupid. Moritani is so irrational it's not even funny, and lol, do they really want me to believe that this wimpy MC was able to defend himself against 4 martial artists. Really?
Feb 13, 2013 11:33 AM

Oct 2012
zeldas12 said:
Anybody else think it's weird how realistic this episode was, and that it's actually something that happens alot in real life?

Girl likes guy, guy likes another girl, girl gets her guy friends to attack guy because he chose another girl over herself?

Wait... what? Does that kind of thing typically happen in your life?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Feb 21, 2013 7:53 PM

Jun 2011
Dysoth said:
Can someone tell me why that red haired bitch is acting friendly with them in the OP/ED?

Because if it's because they'll become friends in the future im SO gonna drop this.

She made Kotoura puke, bullied her and almost killed (I KNOW she only wanted to rough him up "a little") Manabe.

If they seriously gonna act normal or even friendly with her in the future, act as if nothing ever happened, I'll be so f*cking PISSED.

Someone call Shougo from Psycho-Pass to curb stomp her!!!

I will be so pissed but I wouldn't drop the series. Seriously.. what a bitch. My worst couldn't even compare to hers..

Oh god, I'll give this episode a 5/5 solely because of that end. What a great guy, what a sad place to end, along with the ED, it fits perfectly imo.. Great anime, but I still having hard time swallowing in the artstyle..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 1, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2010
zeldas12 said:

Girl likes guy, guy likes another girl, girl gets her guy friends to attack guy because he chose another girl over herself?[/quote

What a giant bitch, if only he was Guts he would have curb stomped their asses
Mar 15, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2009
I hate that red headed girl ><
Mar 17, 2013 1:01 PM

Nov 2008
Errr.. seriously i don't understand why would moritani even do that.

Kotoura :(
Mar 17, 2013 5:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So much hate for a character...

I think she's fine joining the MCs. No one is perfect. You have to accept that people have flaws. She just happen to be more psychotic about it.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 24, 2013 11:53 AM

Sep 2012
They aren't doing a very convincing job with the drama in this. I think I've laughed through every bit save for the time Moritani made Kotoura throw up.
Mar 29, 2013 7:44 AM
Dec 2010
"hey what do you think you are doing !? you forgot to draw "heartho" " :-D
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 4, 2013 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
This show is a lot more than just an ordinary comedy. Thumbs up!
Apr 23, 2013 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
in the karaoke scene that was so hilarious!!! hahaha
Apr 24, 2013 6:26 AM

Jan 2012
Kawaii kotoura is kawaii :D

~~~
deym, this episode just filled my happiness and sadness gauge to limits -.-
Apr 27, 2013 11:22 PM

Sep 2011
Dojo girl is retarded.

Loved her expression when she was freaking out though. LOL
Jul 28, 2013 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
What an amazing episode! =D

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 18, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
Seeing how Moritan's all friendly with them in the OP, I guess she won't be dying anytime soon (or at all). Such a shame. Goodness, I'm not normally a spiteful person nor would I wish for anyone to die but goddamit... T_____T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 6, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2012
No way she actually moved away to protect him :/ fucking shame and they were finally getting closer! Damn Moritani why did you had to butt in...

I really wonder what will happen next now she that she is gone...
Mar 28, 2014 10:16 PM
Feb 2009
lmao at the begining
Sep 20, 2014 2:10 AM

Dec 2012
The karaoke is so much fun. Haha XD I really laugh so hard XD "Tone deaf." A little hard but so funny XD And also I like the part when he jump so high because of the excitement XD That bento ♥

But after that happy moments, I cried because of Moritani-san. She's the reason why Manabe was like that. Tsk.

But the saddest part here is that when Kotoura left without saying a word :(

Too much feels in this episode ! XD

- barely alive -
Mar 25, 2015 6:39 AM

May 2008
This show is so great! So much development on every episode. It's amazing! I can't stop watching!
Jun 8, 2015 1:51 AM
May 2014
Loved the part where they were singing karaoke together, got a good laugh out of that. The rest of the episode was rather hit-or-miss. The fanservice is incredibly cringeworthy though, the show alternates between being cute and just being weird in that regard. It's going downhill pretty fast, tbh.
Jun 9, 2017 3:04 PM

May 2015
Back to this sappy sh*t again? You like toying with us, don't you Author-san?

So, let me get this straight even if MC technically rejected her in the last episode Red-head killed her own flag (people change after time) what little sympathy I had left for her, with that b*tch spoiled brat move... *Facepalm*

On a side note:
If Manabe was able t got more than one foe... mind you they were in a dojo [skilled fighters(?)] he may have pent up emotions to muster that strength... can’t wait to see his backstory.

Jan 2, 2018 2:22 AM
Jan 2018
I want to see Moritani lose a toe
May 21, 2020 6:00 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
First half was really cute and fun even if I wonder what are senpai's plan with Kotoura.
Second half was really shocking, poor Manabe, the girl who loves him is totally dumb I don't get why she send the dojo to beat him it's senseless, and now Kotoura disappeared... sad
Jul 26, 2021 2:08 PM

Aug 2018
I wonder if karaoke after school is still popular in Japan.. I have no idea..
And.. Bad End.. ;( Is this anime based on visual novel, I wonder.. Well, 4-koma manga, MAL says.. Wouldn't be too surprised if it'd be one of visual novels end.. ;/
Dec 5, 2023 5:42 PM

Aug 2019
this show really cant decide if its doing comedy or drama
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And you’re telling me Moritani becomes part of the main cast after this, what she did was downright devious lol, she’s supposed to like Manabe but sends her boys to beat his ass, it doesn’t matter what degree of roughing up she intended, that’s pretty fucked up lol. She did seem pretty sorry but it’s gonna be very hard to redeem her, and I gotta give it to Manabe, he’s a good lad alright.

And besides all the serious stuff the first half of this episode was hilarious, I think Kotoura should take her singing skills to the big stage lol.
Mar 18, 8:57 AM

Jun 2021
"Osana Najimi" about a decade before Komi Can't Communicate eponymous character. Too bad he and Mifune aren't looking exactly like reliable people. Bad karaoke of the series own OP, wolf and sheep imagination, everything seemed a little more lighthearted, but...

Damn. Yeah, the fact that she appears in OP and ED in more friendly terms with the main cast suggests something, but i won't defend Moritani for what she did. It doesn't even make sense, are those guys stupid? "He's stalking me". She's a karate student herself and apparently very good at it, why should she need to use them to begin with? Oh, well, the extreme sense of guilt faces she had in classroom and realizing Kotoura has seen right through her since the beginning were honestly satisfying to watch. i want to think she's not beyond redemption, thinking about (Cobra Kai spoilers)
, but really, let that hate go and do something to apologize.

Even if it seems unrealistic that Manabe put on a decent fight against them, it's somehow charming to watch that even in hospital he's like his usual self for better or worse, and poor Kotoura notices it. Too bad for the sudden cliffhanger, happened way sooner than expected, and about her mental gymnastics that convince her to be the only guilty party in the entire situation (even if to be honest i know by experience how does it feel, even without esp supernatural powers).
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Jun 2017
I can't stand that red haired bitch. I don't give a fuck if you have a crush on him, that gives you NO excuse to act the way you do. Low Life Disgusting bitch.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

300 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

457 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

152 by _untitled »»
Apr 29, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.