Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2013 6:21 AM

May 2007
So, I was checking the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha light novel MAL page out today to find out that it finished exactly 1 year ago with 5 volumes.

It says it's still on-going at manga-updates, so is there anyone out there that can confirm that it has ended?
Feb 1, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
According to Wikipedia it's still ongoing.
.................................................................................
Feb 4, 2013 12:12 PM

Dec 2007
According to Wikipedia (Japanese), it's ended at 5 volumes. However, side stories may still be ongoing (currently 3 volumes).
Mar 28, 2013 10:59 PM
Mar 2009
Holy shit, didn't see that tag the last time I checked this page.

Kind of sad since this means the manga is going to follow suit soon.
Mar 17, 2014 2:14 AM
Dec 2013
So,will be there a second season of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha anime??
Dec 16, 2016 7:33 AM

May 2015
Someone who has finished all of 5 volumes, give a spoiler of how it will end. Especially what about Hero and Demon Queen's relation.
Dec 16, 2016 9:51 AM

Mar 2015
Is the manga following the LN closely?
Also can someone tell me where to continue from if I have already seen the anime?
Feb 5, 2017 11:45 AM
Mar 2015
Apparently all parts of the series (LN, Manga, and so on.) are complete.

The only thing is, I cant seem to find out what happened cause no one has posted anything.

If anyone has the ending for LN or Manga, please post it.
Jun 17, 2017 11:19 AM
Feb 2015
Justice_Rocks said:
Apparently all parts of the series (LN, Manga, and so on.) are complete.

The only thing is, I cant seem to find out what happened cause no one has posted anything.

If anyone has the ending for LN or Manga, please post it.

There's some spoilers on animesuki. Specifically, the following thread spells some things out:
animesuki spoilers

I googled "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha ending site:animesuki.com" and it was about the tenth link down. Other results may have better spoilers but that was enough for me. Good luck!
Jan 26, 2021 2:39 PM
Mar 2016
2021 and still nothing
Feb 6, 2021 1:23 PM
Jul 2020
For anyone who came here wondering during 2021, this is a spoiler to how the Light Novel ended, but apparently Maou, Yuusha and the female knight were all teleported to some sort of hill, and they all went over it together. Like the hill Maou dreamed of going over. They didn't show what was beyond the hill tho, it was kind of a "Imagine on your own" ending. So basically in short: A harem ending where they flip you off and tell you to imagine what happens next yourself.
Man, for such a good anime/light novel story the ending really tells the fans to go f*ck themselves doesn't it
Mar 19, 2021 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Nufex said:
For anyone who came here wondering during 2021, this is a spoiler to how the Light Novel ended, but apparently Maou, Yuusha and the female knight were all teleported to some sort of hill, and they all went over it together. Like the hill Maou dreamed of going over. They didn't show what was beyond the hill tho, it was kind of a "Imagine on your own" ending. So basically in short: A harem ending where they flip you off and tell you to imagine what happens next yourself.
Man, for such a good anime/light novel story the ending really tells the fans to go f*ck themselves doesn't it

So this was basically like a open ending... And more precisely, as you said, a harem ending out of no where 😐.. Aah, why always many authors waste their potential of series by giving such bland endings...
May 27, 2021 1:13 AM

Oct 2012
Nufex said:

so the anime ending is open end and continues past? and the ending is basically harem? interesting
May 27, 2021 4:51 AM

May 2007
The ending for the LN was a blatant cop-out.
Jan 17, 2022 9:24 AM
Sep 2020
I didn't interpret that ending as a harem, well it might be but I don't think that's the point of the story. I just interpreted the ending as they went somewhere else, MIA. And I like reading what happened to other characters too as it's more significant that focusing on a harem alone.
Aug 27, 2023 9:33 AM
Jul 2016
Nufex said:
I really dislike these types of open endings. Like, why do Japanese authors hate wrapping and closing the story in detail and actually showing us how MC's live was after? If I wanted to imagine how it ended I would have just stopped after watching the anime and not look at the source material spoilers in hopes of a better ending.

In my opinion this is just slightly better than how the anime ended. xD
Aug 27, 2023 1:05 PM

Sep 2020
I don't get it, were you hoping for the series to conclude with a peek into the characters' new lives? Maybe Yuusha working from 9 to 5 at some call center and Maou living in a rundown apartment or something?
The point of the ending was that over the top of the hill (figurative and literal in the ending) dreamed by the titular characters one can see infinite possibilities, something unheard of for those that were born to fulfill a single role for their whole lives, and seeing the trio of characters finally scaling that very hill, now released from the shackles of destiny and ready to face the unknown future, is the culmination of their story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Volume 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
May 3, 2016 10:05 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Volume 3 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
May 3, 2016 9:13 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Volume 2 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
May 3, 2016 3:41 AM

» which one do i start first?

Aries - Apr 16, 2014

0 by Aries »»
Apr 16, 2014 9:05 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Feb 4, 2014 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.