Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2013 6:23 PM
Oct 2010
This anime is so freaking good. I haven't really seen an anime as good as Kotoura-san in a long time. I've been waiting for an anime like this. :P
Jan 17, 2013 6:36 PM

Dec 2008
Cratex said:
To much noise in here. Later.

Rest Assured :> i has popcorn
Jan 17, 2013 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
2nd episode and still not disappointed.
We might have a gem here :D
Jan 17, 2013 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
I'm really enjoying this show so far.
Jan 17, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2011
I'm liking it. It's flawed for sure, but as long as it can find ways to balance out the comedy and drama, I'll be fine.

And wow, I didn't think this anime would bring out the jerks in this thread, but it appeared to do so.
Managing Editor of Population GO -- a place for geeks and otaku who have a passion for anime, comics, film, manga, video games, etc.

Jan 17, 2013 7:13 PM

Nov 2012
It's not too bad, but I wouldn't call it one o the best animes of this season, or maybe since the other animes that started this season are not really that good.
I thought it was going to be fun to see Manabe teasing Kotoura with his perverted stuff, but I think it might become annoying it they use that too much. On the other hand, I am starting to like the drama part of the series.
Jan 17, 2013 7:15 PM

Jun 2012
THIS ANIME IS THE ONLY THING OTHER THAN CHIHAYAFURU 2 TO WATCH THIS WINTER
OH MY GOD 6/5 CAN I GIVE IT MORE?
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 17, 2013 7:38 PM

Mar 2008
God damn, best show of the season so far for me. I'm so glad we finally get a male main character with the balls to actually do something for once. He went upto that Moritani and shut her down big time. Really hoping to see life get better for Kotoura, she's too cute.
Jan 17, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
Seriously, i though manabe was just the cliche male lead, pervert, shameful and dumb, but:

"Your mind is so filthy that it made her puke."

And finally:

"Because i like her! Got a problem with that?"

This guy has balls, nothing more to say.
Jan 17, 2013 7:59 PM

Jun 2010
Now I am really looking forward to this anime.

Jan 17, 2013 8:09 PM

Jan 2011
Who would have thought that this show would generate a mini-flame war, invocations of SAO on the first page of comments, and eight pages (so far)? Oh well.

I think the show actually carried on fairly well into episode two, with the introduction of the other three main characters. We have an indication that Yuriko and Daichi may actually have another agenda (although Yuriko's waking up from that nightmare probably means that what she told Kotoura about her mother was true). Interesting that thus far Kotoura has not read anything at all from Daichi--is this significant? (of course you folks who have read the manga already know whether I'm talking out of my hat on this...). Also from the OP sequences it looks like Hiyori may redeem herself somewhat in later episodes (she's listed as a main character as well, so that suggests she has some further role to play). What impresses me most is the relative depth of the story for something that is based on a four panel manga.

And despite some of the hater comments above, with around 120 people voting, this episode currently has around 93% giving a 4 or 5 as a rating. Of course what do they know...
rodacJan 17, 2013 8:22 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 17, 2013 9:15 PM

Oct 2008
Did
Not
Disappoint

Pacing wasn't quite as strong as the first episode, but it got a lot of laughs out of me and they didn't lay it on too much on the drama too much, just enough to remind us momentarily of those terrible moments on episode 1.

Keep it coming!
What I love the most now is the chemistry between Kotoura and Mannabe.
And he was pretty badass this episode.
Jan 17, 2013 9:16 PM

Mar 2010
Wordsmith said:
One of the animes I look forward to watching each week.

This week didn't disappoint. Personally, I like how it shifts between comedy and drama now and then (and Kotoura is like 250% huggable - btw, love that gif there, kenshin_sama)

Also, Manabe LVLUP! Manabe is now a lvl. 2 Badass!

PS: I hope they show some of Manabe's Yuri-thoughts =)

Same here, i think besides some series that are still going from last season and before, this will be one of the few if not the only one i'll look forward each week. Manabe is a cool MC definitely, a little dumb, but likeable.

Wordsmith said:
PS: I hope they show some of Manabe's Yuri-thoughts =)

My exact same thoughs, why isn't he daydreaming with Kotoura and Mifune, that should popup like everytime mifune hus kotoura...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 17, 2013 10:02 PM
Dec 2012
I am really enjoying this show, looking forward to next week.

On the subject of Kotoura. I do understand where she is coming from, it really sucks to be alienated for something you have no control of. I've had to deal with something like this to a lesser degree when I was younger as well due to my hearing disability.

What really baffles me though, is that how weak she is when she's got such an amazing ability. I'll be honest here, if I had her sort of power I would be the biggest bastard on the planet. When I'm not using the mind reading ability to screw with people for my own amusement, I would be acing tests and gambling poker every day for free money. Furthermore, it would spell the end of my ever growing women troubles.

Really now...
I'd loved to see Moritani come at me if I were in Kotoura's position.
scholar42Jan 17, 2013 10:10 PM
Jan 17, 2013 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
In love I am with this series.
Good to watch to enjoy
Jan 17, 2013 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
Fantastic series.

Makes me wonder how Kotoura didn't realize the other blue haired girl wasn't tricking her. She can read minds - couldn't there have been a moment where the other girl thought about the whole plan to trick or manipulate Kotoura, then Kotoura read her mind? That's the only thing that bothered me.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Jan 17, 2013 10:24 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was great, felt like the episode just flew by.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 17, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2008
I can tell that this is no contest going to be the best anime of the season.
Jan 17, 2013 11:03 PM

Feb 2010
Bullying really angers me, but I'm glad Kotoura finally has the support group she deserves.

Such an interesting balance of pure sadness with comedy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... but I am really enjoying this overall.

Looking forward to next week.
Jan 17, 2013 11:08 PM
Sep 2012
Manabe, a fucking competent male MC? Good God I love this guy (no homo). I cant remember the last season Ive seen one. Im sure I have, probably just forgot. Im really enjoying this show though. Break-out series of the season so far, IMO.
Jan 17, 2013 11:14 PM

Nov 2011
After the 1st half of the 1st ep, i was sure they wouldn't be able to keep up the same momentum but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 17, 2013 11:23 PM

Dec 2012
Best anime this season.
Jan 18, 2013 12:00 AM

Dec 2010
Another awesome episode, it's almost depressing though that its shocking how awesome Manabe is, as if the standard for male MCs has dropped that far....Well in any case this is easily one of the best anime's of the season.
Jan 18, 2013 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
My little psychic can't possibly be this cute!
Jan 18, 2013 12:25 AM

Nov 2009
boyerz said:
Cratex said:
To much noise in here. Later.

Rest Assured :> i has popcorn

Awhhhyeee, let's enjoy this guys :>
Jan 18, 2013 12:43 AM

Oct 2010
The episode was so amazing, it made me RAGE! SAD! OVERJOYED! Those are powerful emotions and the best part of them is that it’s the second time and the first episode did a nice mixture like that too. This is totally a balanced show except for that one Mifune bit. That was not cool with them stupid censors. I am on FIRE! I am going to write out lots now.

About Mifune Yuriko, I find her past was well shown except for the spoiler
that is clearly service that is not gag opted. Unlike the funny bits with Manabe whom were funny this one had censors and quite failed at its setup of making the situation a little light for the heavy drama impact of Mifune. I know the setup but it was wrong. They should showed a part of her breasts with a better plan on her facial to show her sadness and shock after the one from the bed part. But you know I knew with her chest size she would fan service material easily.

Other than that I was quite RAGED again at Mifune’s relatives. Yelling out royally “WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? WTF ARE YOU DOING TO A KID? SO WHOSE YOUR DEMON YOU WORK FOR? WHOSE HIS MASTER? LET ME AT HIM!” And so on. It was quit the nice ride there. Those relatives are shit for being like that to Mifune. I was Japanese society would not be like that.

About Mifune’s mother, from the looks of the spoiler
2 things can be concluded from this Fame and Glory. However at a dangerous price when you work with cops. My best guess is that she was SETUP! Some gang of how mafia boss most likely made fake claims of her in the magazines. Knowing the entertainment industry is quite a lot owned by the Yakuza, it’s no surprise she was made in thee end to suicide it or make it look like one or else her daughter is dead kind of thing. That’s too bad really.

About Moritani’s bitchy attitude, I would never think she would do the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2041/tfytftffytf_zps0e96357b.gif
To Haruka but it PISSED ME OFF SO BAD! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH! The rage ensued! I would never think Moritani would become that of a BITCH! But she did by doing that. It’s funny cause the OP hints she will make up somehow but I wonder how. Well the moment really raged me. I was like “YOU DARE CALL HARUKA THAT AFTER THE MOE I SAW OF HER! YOU DARE!” I am quite fortunate to have a good tolerant family and sound isolation in my room. So I had quite the yelling around on that part. A LOT!

About Moritani’s past, now I understood this part very well but it seems it’s less memorable after the shit she did to Haruka so I will leave it as common reason for liking a boy and that she should take her dojo more seriously whom she does from looks of the preview.

About Manabe’s love confession, when he said that he likes Haruka was totally like OOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAH! Especially with Haruka in the following,

With that expression and emotions of from it. YOU BET! It was the overjoy whom I mention this episode made for me. Especially the super red faces of Haruka at the end and it was HHHHHHHHNGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Too much of that during this episode due to cuddling of Mifune on her and of her blushes.

About the preview, looks like Moritani is getting seriously pumped up. Well it’s obvious cause she lost to Haruka and Manabe does not love her anymore. Who would after the shit she did to Haruka. Karaoke seems to come faster than I though and looks love affairs are heating around with the 2 groups.

So in conclusion I can say that the series I not only balanced out nicely but IMPACTS upon the viewer and is ecchi friendly more so than other series this Spring not to mention it makes its excellent effort of service to be funny and integrated and I can see that effort despite being small like a needle pin to some.

Rest in the club.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 18, 2013 12:43 AM

Feb 2012
DarkMorford said:
Jan 18, 2013 12:47 AM
Sep 2011
Great episode! One of my favorite shows of the season!
Jan 18, 2013 1:26 AM

Aug 2012
Good thing the 2nd episode didn't dissapoint me and Manabe is a fucking cool MC.
Jan 18, 2013 1:28 AM

Aug 2012
Anime is meant to be a source of entertainment. If you haters are not entertained, why do you continue to watch it week after week?
It's just pathetic to be watching something that you really hate when you're not even being forced to watch by anyone/anything
Jan 18, 2013 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
I LOVE THIS SHOW. GOGO MANABE KUN. WHATTA MAN.
Jan 18, 2013 3:32 AM

Mar 2011
Noumi_Kudryavka said:
Anime is meant to be a source of entertainment. If you haters are not entertained, why do you continue to watch it week after week?
It's just pathetic to be watching something that you really hate when you're not even being forced to watch by anyone/anything

Just because someone doesn't think it's the perfect show others do doesn't mean they don't find it entertaining, despite the fact I found the first episode to have awful melodrama I didn't hate it or anything.

Personally until you get down to 3/10 in my ratings I enjoyed a significant amount of all the shows, even some of the 3/10 s actually. Still thought they were shit though.
Jan 18, 2013 4:26 AM

May 2010
lol manabe's imagination.........
Jan 18, 2013 4:39 AM

Jan 2012
Love KanaHana when she sound like this.
Kotoura is very cute (How can people bully her) -.-
Shimono with his godlike comedy voice.
Manabe is da man! Bitch got owned. But she still appears to be joining the club in the ED. I don't give a shit that they were childhood friends, you're still a bad person Moritani.
Jan 18, 2013 5:11 AM

May 2011
leesan said:
Manabe is da man! Bitch got owned. But she still appears to be joining the club in the ED. I don't give a shit that they were childhood friends, you're still a bad person Moritani.

Unlike Kotoura's mom, I can actually forgive Moritani. While I still greatly disapprove of her actions, jealousy is a common feature you see among many women and it can often result in showing their ugly side. But if she does try to better her own standing and make some sort of attempt to better her relationship with Kotoura, I can easily put that part of her behind me.
The mother, on the other hand, is a lost cause. She's on my permanent shit list.

DarkMorford said:

Haha, I love this. ^^
Jan 18, 2013 5:47 AM

Apr 2010
Manabe has it pretty hard trying to keep his thoughts under control with Kotoura around and even Mifune was showing dislike towards her perverted mind.
He also seems to kind for his own good not realising that he might end up hurting people in the process.
Like he did with the jealous girl what made things worse with Moritani where her friends who seemed to have more bad feelings against Kotoura and Moritani has.

Mifune's also had a pretty hard past finding her mother death must have been very hard on her and then all the commends she had to endure about it made it a lot worse.
It's no wonder she has nightmares about it.

kenshin_sama said:
leesan said:

Unlike Kotoura's mom, I can actually forgive Moritani. While I still greatly disapprove of her actions, jealousy is a common feature you see among many women and it can often result in showing their ugly side. But if she does try to better her own standing and make some sort of attempt to better her relationship with Kotoura, I can easily put that part of her behind me.
The mother, on the other hand, is a lost cause. She's on my permanent shit list.
I think Kotoura's father is much worse then her mother he bailed out the moment people started saying that something was wrong with Kotoura and let her mother handle everything and would not even help out if her mother asked for help .
Her mother had to do everything with Kotoura on her own and which became to much for her.
What made things worse was that the father was also cheating on Kotoura's mother which must also have been a big blow to her.

The father didn't even bother with his daughter from the start which makes him much worse then the mother.
Her mother went to far with the last thing she said to Kotoura but given the circumstances if she where to come back and make up with Koutora i can forgive her.
The father on the other hand i can't forgive his behaviour was unforgivable from the start.
Jan 18, 2013 5:54 AM
Jun 2007
I love this episode <3
Jan 18, 2013 6:12 AM

Apr 2012
Wow ! Love comedy with dark aura surrounding it!
Haven't seen these type of arcs in a while.
Manabe was such a badass !!! He can talk shit about a girl and confess out loud without such as a hint of akwardness.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jan 18, 2013 6:12 AM

May 2011
Aversa said:
The father didn't even bother with his daughter from the start which makes him much worse then the mother.
Her mother went to far with the last thing she said to Kotoura but given the circumstances if she where to come back and make up with Koutora i can forgive her.
The father on the other hand i can't forgive his behaviour was unforgivable from the start.

I hate the father almost as much I hate the mother, but the mother hits me a little harder though. I know he is the root cause of Kotoura's misfortune, and I can understand how the mother would be affected by this situation, but it still comes down to the fact that she took everything out on her daughter and she caused more impact on Kotoura than her father did. But with the way you put it though, I probably can bring myself to forgive her considering the situation she was in.
Jan 18, 2013 6:45 AM
Mar 2010
This...this...this was so good. It was funny but at the same time it showed some dark things as well. the latter half of the episode was so touching. :')

Manabe-kun, you rock! Now, if only most romantic comedies these days had a male lead as awesome as him.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 18, 2013 7:25 AM

Aug 2011
So many LOLs but also sad parts. Can't wait for the the next ep!
Jan 18, 2013 7:26 AM

Jun 2009
Another great episode. Drama, humor, love , sadness, regret it had it all. I love this series.
Jan 18, 2013 7:34 AM

Sep 2011
One of the best anime in Winter!
Jan 18, 2013 8:21 AM

Jun 2012
I liek the addition of new characters, although Mifune needs to keep her thoughts in check if she wants to use Kotoura.
Also, obviously Kotoura knew Moritani likes Manabe, yet she chose to ignore that. Which is why I believe it's something she deserved. And once again, the reading thoughts was only for dirty thoughts for comedy (besides once being used in Mifune's flashback for the plot), so it's getting really old really fast.
I would like to know how Moritani inevitably ends up as Kotoura's friend and join the club. So maybe the scene where they end their rivalry will be cool.
Last episode wasn't bad, but this one felt boring and I really didn't like the comedy. I hope for something better next time. 4/5.

Jan 18, 2013 8:35 AM
Jun 2009
It's funny. Guys keep saying they hate this show but they keep come back every damn time. Some even say they will give this show another chance, oh boy, it doesnt ask for any chance from them. If they hate it that much, just get lost. They can give it 1/10, nobody actually care, lol.
Jan 18, 2013 8:52 AM

May 2011
soluuloi said:
It's funny. Guys keep saying they hate this show but they keep come back every damn time. Some even say they will give this show another chance, oh boy, it doesnt ask for any chance from them. If they hate it that much, just get lost. They can give it 1/10, nobody actually care, lol.

But that's the thing though, you don't have to like it to keep watching it. There are those who continue to watch it because there is enough merit to its enjoyment, there are those who have a sense of completionism and want to see it to the end, and there are even people who will watch it for the sole purpose of discussing it on the forum. Whatever their intentions may be, there will always be a reason for someone to keep watching it even if they do not like it. I would like the idea that people are watching this because they enjoy it, but such an ideal world does not reflect reality and even I do not follow this idea.
Jan 18, 2013 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
The best show of the season gets all the intense criticism. Okay.
Jan 18, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
kenshin_sama said:
soluuloi said:

But that's the thing though, you don't have to like it to keep watching it. There are those who continue to watch it because there is enough merit to its enjoyment, there are those who have a sense of completionism and want to see it to the end, and there are even people who will watch it for the sole purpose of discussing it on the forum. Whatever their intentions may be, there will always be a reason for someone to keep watching it even if they do not like it. I would like the idea that people are watching this because they enjoy it, but such an ideal world does not reflect reality and even I do not follow this idea.

Lol, I think those kinds of people are massocist to continually spend half an hour each week doing something they know they'll hate. I'm probably too old and busy to bother doing that anymore.

On the other hand, I also Lol at those that say "anime is a source of entertainment, and those that are not entertained should gtfo." As if the label of "entertainment" makes it impervious to critique.

Personally, I'm taking no sides for this series. I'm merely eating popcorn =P
Jan 18, 2013 9:41 AM

Jan 2011
kenshin_sama said:

And then there are those who watch it so they can troll the fans--or worse yet don't watch it at all, show up in the forum and proudly announce that fact, and then make an inflamatory hate comment that generates 15 or 20 posts in response. Some people, of course, just haven't mastered the art of providing criticism in a positive way and come across as haters by accident. Once you've read enough forums you'll note that some folks have a pattern of making inflamatory comments--in fact those are the only comments they make.

Hopefully this show won't draw that sort of crowd. They tend to go after the much ballyhooed big shows like SAO or GC that generate tons of hate, but still manage to get fairly decent scores from the bulk of MAL users. Kotoura-san has the feel of a surprise hit like Chuunibyou or Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo so maybe we'll avoid the heavy flame action.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 18, 2013 9:57 AM

Mar 2011
plushkin said:
Personally, I'm taking no sides for this series. I'm merely eating popcorn =P

What sort of popcorn? Do tell.

rodac said:
Kotoura-san has the feel of a surprise hit like Chuunibyou or Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo so maybe we'll avoid the heavy flame action.

Just as well I never commented on Chuunibyou then, I imagine I would have upset quite a few people.

You're right though, some people do not make their criticisms in the positive way, but just as people go "Oh god that was shit", most people go "OMG it's amazing!" which is the exact same thing, however it's because most people do the latter that makes the former "trolls", "haters" etc.

If you want to point out someone's "hate" comment, then make sure you actually contributed something good in the first place [not aimed at you btw, but at people in general].

The worst defence of any show on these forums though is "Well most people here rated it high". MAL rates most episodes high, over 80% of the episode discussions I have seen have 5 as the top rating (usually by a large amount too). It doesn't mean anything at all.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

457 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

152 by _untitled »»
Apr 29, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.