Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V5mYoAD5R0

My body is not ready, the setting looks to be a mix of Edo period Japan and the Wild West. Anyone who read the manga can give a better description? Either way this looks fucking awesome and will hopefully fill the gap in my life that Hellsing Ultimate finishing created.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 9, 2013 6:13 AM

Apr 2009
The biggest question for now is if they are really planning to do a Drifrers anime any time soon or if that OVA has been produced simply to advertise its source material, the manga.
On one hand they are mostly done with Hellsing now: the main story is completed, The Dawn prequel specials were left on a pretty random note and didn't cover all The Dawn manga chapters available, still The Dawn manga itself is on hiatus forever now, so I'm not sure if finishing that story was even a part of their plan to begin with. I really hope considering Hellsing Ultimate there will be a disc set with revamped versions of the episodes: they have already released a set of episodes 1-5 that were heavily improved, so the next one might be either episodes 6-10 set, either a complete 1-10 box. Hopefully it will also contain The Dawn compilation of those three episodes that are already out + some new The Dawn material on top.
Speaking about Drifters again, on the other hand there are only two and a half manga volumes done by now. Should they spend a year on Hellsing OVA box set, there will be three and a half Drifters manga volumes ready by the time they are done. Is this really enough for a proper adaptation? Should they do a TV-series out of it or stick with the OVA format? We really don't need any fillers or original ending crap like we had with the old Hellsing TV adaptation by Gonzo, so in ideal it will be either a TV series season one with a cliffhanger ending and a season two produced years after, either an OVA with a 8-12 months per episode release schedule, which is even more outstretched schedule than the one we had with Hellsing.
bottosai-01 said:
My body is not ready, the setting looks to be a mix of Edo period Japan and the Wild West. Anyone who read the manga can give a better description? Either way this looks fucking awesome and will hopefully fill the gap in my life that Hellsing Ultimate finishing created.

Basically it's a fantasy setting with elfs, dwarves and a human empire that oppress all other races in all ways possible. The world we are dealing with is some kind of a parallel world (another planet?) to our own, also there is some kind of a proxy plane with at least two powerful and mysterious characters inhabiting it who try to wage a proxy war between each other by stealing proper people from different times of our history and throwing them into the fantasy dimension in hope those will join forces, conquest lands & people and fight each other in the end. The said human empire basically gets torn between those two forces in the process. The author is Japanese so the faction that appears as the good one is a little bit Japan-offspring-heavy right now. There are also characters from Wild West, from ancient Rome and Carthage, from The Middle Ages, from The late Russian Empire, from WW2 period etc.
KlimatJan 9, 2013 6:17 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing: The Dawn Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Klimat - Dec 29, 2012

50 by Shmunky »»
Jan 7, 2023 12:10 AM

Poll: » Hellsing: The Dawn Episode 2 Discussion

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

26 by Shmunky »»
Jan 7, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing: The Dawn Episode 1 Discussion

Klimat - Jul 28, 2011

37 by Shmunky »»
Jan 7, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » Any chances of Drifters becoming a series?

ThatGuyYeah - Jun 18, 2013

6 by Yukikaze_01 »»
Jul 23, 2022 6:29 AM

» Drifters OVA?

ahuman - Mar 24, 2013

2 by Suzune-chan »»
Mar 24, 2013 3:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.