Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 7:18 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Apparently when you're over 200 years you turn into Purple Yoda xD At least now I know why the Libra Saint was the only one who was different from the others, I thought he was an alien.
Jan 5, 2013 5:28 PM
Dec 2012
lol nah the purple Yoda man is just a human with a few tricks.
Jan 21, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2008
Lol nice way of getting around the fact that that cloth couldn't even be wear by little purple hermit without looking ridiculous.
I bet this scenario wasn't even inside the mind of the storyteller when he first drew the little guy and this was just a get-out card.
Jan 26, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2008
That was amazing!
May 29, 2014 8:40 AM

Jun 2012
So. Damn. Good! I'm really liking these ovas.
Jul 27, 2015 2:33 PM
Sep 2007
Roshi, or rather Doko was already shown in his young state in original series from 80s, in episode 89.

He looked pretty much the same, only then he, in his young days was voiced by Michitaka Kobayashi, and in here by Kenju Horiuchi.
Mar 15, 2016 6:40 PM

May 2009
I'm still wondering how Shiryuu knew his master rejuvenated when he's blind lol
Nov 30, 2018 10:49 AM

Jun 2016
WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!??! THIS WAS INSANE. Where do I even begin... I must say the Dohko vs Shion fight has even more awesomeness and even more hilarious absurdity to it than my other favorite of this nature:

So, I hadn't thought through the logistics but Shion and Old Master lived long enough to meet two different reincarnations of Athena and that's really cool. The last gave them a mission as the last two survivors, for Shion to take care of the Sanctuary as the pope and for Dohko to watch over the tower that contained the 108 evil stars. They were to work together in preparing for the next holy war. This brings two interesting thoughts. One, Saga did kill Shion and we can infer that he too was at the time in an old decrepit state just like Dohko was so it makes sense why he could have overpowered him. Yet, the two are working together! A murderer and his victim are working together for the same cause, it must be something very important to allow them to trust each other. Second, they both trained a disciple, a bronze and gold saint accordingly. It was awesome to see them use the mastered versions of the moves they've taught Mu and Shiryu.

Dohko's lines about life being precious because we only have one chance to live were great. He always drops some concise wisdom. It really rang true with his philosophy on life, "if the gods will it so be it". He is one to not cheat fate, to definitely not cheat life, and to see his former ally doing so it makes him sad.

It made me laugh so hard when Shion asked what Shiryu could do being blind with a tattered cloth. Boy, Shion does not understand that Shiryu does best the worse of a situation he's in. In fact, you may as well take his cloth. Never mess with a blind and naked Shiryu.

Dohko's transformation being one of the first if not the first legitimate transformations in Saint Seiya was hilariously awesome. He stalled his heart to beat the number of times a normal heart beats in a day to one year of his time. This allowed 243 years to only be 243 days worth of heartbeats. By doing this even though his body aged, his cosmos and energy I suppose was stored all this time so he could be ready to unleash it all and turn back into his youthful self for when the next holy war began. That's my understanding at least and I seriously couldn't stop laughing when it was being explained. The transformation itself looked awesome and even though Old Master was already one of my favorite characters, him turning into his bold, loud, deep-voiced young self-made him that much cooler. That and the fact that it brought up the notion of a thousand day war again made this fight, or intro to a fight perfect. Will we finally see a true a thousand day war and somehow when initiating the attack they were teleported to a solitary location, or did they just trade and kill each other? I guess we'll find out later but since it seemed Dohko won the trade the two had at the end I'd assume it's some variation of the first. We truly can't see that little of the two after all! And, we saw the tiger on Dohko's back which is probably similar to Shiryu's dragon meaning he already hit seventh sense! He can unlock it by will?! What a legend.

I really loved the moment when Dohko saw Shiryu's stubbornness, probably something he had in his own youth, and he smirked and asked: "Shall we die together than?". He told Shiryu to go and not throw his life away but when he understood that Shiryu would sincerely embrace his own death fighting for what is right he decided it was no use telling him not to. It was a sweet and sad moment.

It's interesting to see some of the forgotten bronze saints again. We learned Jabu, Nachi, Hydra and the likes were all being trained in the background to catch up to our main characters but they still haven't really done much. With this arc being a literal war I assume they will all die but probably take some silver saints and specters with them and that is something I am so excited to see!!!

Shun thinks Athena is keeping them out of this war purely due to kindness and that's a possibility I didn't think through with enough fairness. Still, unless she has a way to prevent this war they'll have to fight at some time so it has to be more than that... It's not like she's playing favorites and telling her best boys they don't have to fight while all the other saints fight with their lives on the line, right... So, I think Shun has to be wrong about that, at least partly! Speaking of that scene, I'm really not giving enough attention to the small scenes where Shaina and the other bronze saints are trying to prevent any more saints from rising with Hades. They're actually really cool.

narulovesramen said:
I'm still wondering how Shiryuu knew his master rejuvenated when he's blind lol

He could certainly feel his cosmos reach a peak that perhaps Shiryu has never even felt before while still retaining the aura of Dohko.
Nov 30, 2018 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Dohko's transformation being one of the first if not the first legitimate transformations in Saint Seiya was hilariously awesome. He stalled his heart to beat the number of times a normal heart beats in a day to one year of his time. This allowed 243 years to only be 243 days worth of heartbeats. By doing this even though his body aged, his cosmos and energy I suppose was stored all this time so he could be ready to unleash it all and turn back into his youthful self for when the next holy war began. That's my understanding at least and I seriously couldn't stop laughing when it was being explained. The transformation itself looked awesome and even though Old Master was already one of my favorite characters, him turning into his bold, loud, deep-voiced young self-made him that much cooler.

This revelation was mindblowing LMAO! The guy is so full of energy in his younger state that is almost a different character but I like it. When I'm lazy and spend a day doing nothing, on the next day I become super enthusiastic and don't even need caffeine. Imagine doing nothing for 200+ years. I'd be full of energy too I guess. xD
Dec 5, 2018 8:55 PM

Dec 2015
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
We saw the tiger on Dohko's back which is probably similar to Shiryu's dragon meaning he already hit seventh sense! He can unlock it by will?! What a legend.

I always thought that "access to the ultimate/infinite cosmos" (aka the Seventh Sense) was something mandatory for the Gold Saints who all had it unlocked long ago (giving them the "ressources" to call upon such incredible techniques, including some reality-bending ones). What they admired during the Sanctuary ramble seemed to be the fact mere Bronze Saints (what's more, young & experienceless ones) were able to elevate themselves to such a comprehension level even if just for an instant. (In other words, I imagined Golds have a complete understanding of the Cosmos while the Five Bronzes have more of a practical/technical limited comprehension of it)

Possible example: having permanent access to "infinite cosmos", Camus could use his arcane at will when Hyôga is only able to do that in dire situations when he touches a "near-enlightened" state.

Also, yes, Kurumada over-the-top explanations/reasonings are often a treat ! (I miss this kind of thing in Next Dimension)
Dec 6, 2018 11:44 AM

Jun 2016
Rei366 said:

I always thought that "access to the ultimate/infinite cosmos" (aka the Seventh Sense) was something mandatory for the Gold Saints who all had it unlocked long ago (giving them the "ressources" to call upon such incredible techniques, including some reality-bending ones). What they admired during the Sanctuary ramble seemed to be the fact mere Bronze Saints (what's more, young & experienceless ones) were able to elevate themselves to such a comprehension level even if just for an instant. (In other words, I imagined Golds have a complete understanding of the Cosmos while the Five Bronzes have more of a practical/technical limited comprehension of it)

Possible example: having permanent access to "infinite cosmos", Camus could use his arcane at will when Hyôga is only able to do that in dire situations when he touches a "near-enlightened" state.

Also, yes, Kurumada over-the-top explanations/reasonings are often a treat ! (I miss this kind of thing in Next Dimension)

Oh, yes! I think you're absolutely right about that, I seem to have forgotten the explanation of the seventh sense when it was first introduced. If I recall it was very similar to your understanding of it and it makes the fact the gold saints have such a high opinion of the bronze saints make even more sense now.

I love his ridiculous explanations. :D
Oct 31, 2022 8:16 AM

Apr 2016
Would have preferred Dohko using the gold cloth with his purple body :D he gave an entertaining fight, though but poor Shiryu getting throw around when the ex-comrades wanted to make a point against him.

Now Hyoga and Shun are at the sanctuary, loved seeing Shaina being a bit dramatic.
Feb 6, 2023 7:06 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THIS IS GLORIOUS SAINT SEIYA I WAS WAITING FOR !!!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 13 Discussion

Monad - Jan 23, 2014

10 by Fang_Tooth »»
Feb 1, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

9 by wildhood »»
Sep 8, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

7 by wildhood »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jan 2, 2013

12 by wildhood »»
Jul 26, 2023 10:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

6 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 8, 2023 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.