Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2013 6:37 AM
Apr 2012
hope it will continue! damn, this LN is sooo damn great! hope it will continue until the writer dies hahaha
May 21, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2011
Well, looks like NisiOisin will be debuting a new manga soon in the future.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-21/monogatari-series-author-nisioisin-penning-new-manga/.74757

Not sure about the LN though.
May 21, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
androcker said:
hope it will continue! damn, this LN is sooo damn great! hope it will continue until the writer dies hahaha

Its still enough for like 32 more episodes right?

And besides, everything Shinbou/Shaft makes is essentially monogatari anyway.
Aug 20, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2014
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
androcker said:

Its still enough for like 32 more episodes right?

And besides, everything Shinbou/Shaft makes is essentially monogatari anyway.
i know this is old but huh? huh? huh?
Aug 26, 2014 7:21 PM

Feb 2014
The last LN comes out September 2014. I'd say that there is still at least two 24 ish episode seasons left. But they could divide it up weird like they already have
Sep 17, 2014 2:22 AM

Mar 2011

:D
Sep 17, 2014 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
Sevenlore said:
The last LN comes out September 2014. I'd say that there is still at least two 24 ish episode seasons left. But they could divide it up weird like they already have

I doubt theres 42 left.

but theres at least a solid 24.

And again, everything Shinbou makes is just like monogatari except with different characters.
Sep 17, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
Assuming that page isn't a joke/troll... I have been trolled by those MANY TIMES only to notice a small "just kidding" or "this announcement is fictional" in the corner somewhere. I will be checking that page very carefully when my copy arrives.
hpulleySep 17, 2014 5:09 PM
Sep 17, 2014 3:14 PM

Nov 2011
hpulley said:
Assuming that page isn't a joke/troll... I have been trolled by those MANY TIMES only to notice a small "just kidding" or "this announcement is fictional" in the corner somewhere. I won't be checking that page very carefully when my copy arrives.

Just curious but how many of the series do you own right now? (physical copies of Monogatari series)
Sep 17, 2014 5:15 PM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
hpulley said:
Assuming that page isn't a joke/troll... I have been trolled by those MANY TIMES only to notice a small "just kidding" or "this announcement is fictional" in the corner somewhere. I will be checking that page very carefully when my copy arrives.

Just curious but how many of the series do you own right now? (physical copies of Monogatari series)
Every one! Which is so far:

Bakemonogatari 1
Bakemonogatari 2
Kizumonogatari
Nisemonogatari 1
Nisemonogatari 2
Nekomonogatari Kuro
Nekomonogatari Shiro
Kabukimonogatari
Hanamonogatari (yes, the 9th book written though up to this point the last chronologically)
Otorimonogatari
Onimonogatari
Koimonogatari
Tsukimonogatari
Koyomimonogatari
Owarimonogatari 1
Owarimonogatari 2
Owarimonogatari 3

17 volumes so far! 1 copy of each. Kodansha box, expensive as far as light novels go, about 2-3x more than regular light novels due to the nice but silly Kodansha box.

And Zokuowarimonogatari is ordered, will get here as soon as it is is actually released. Not sure how someone got a leaked copy... but if it says "This is fake," on that last page, I'll let you know. Tsugimonogatari (Next story from Next Season) and "See you later, alligator," looks like a bit of a joke to me.
Sep 18, 2014 2:36 AM

Jul 2012
hpulley said:
Not sure how someone got a leaked copy... but if it says "This is fake," on that last page, I'll let you know. Tsugimonogatari (Next story from Next Season) and "See you later, alligator," looks like a bit of a joke to me.

I'm still reading it but I don't think it's fake.
I think is more like an upcomming sequel/spinoff connected with Monogatari Series somehow (The name hints it).

Or maybe, it will like Katanagatari (a whole new series, I mean).
Sep 18, 2014 2:39 AM

Jan 2009

im not gonna watch anymore of this series, its just milking the cash cow now
Sep 18, 2014 3:40 AM

Dec 2012
j0x said:

Oh dear lord, don't you dare stop watching it. What what will Niso do, if you stop watching it. How tragic :|
Sep 18, 2014 3:45 AM

Jan 2013
doesnt mean he will do more monogatari.

just means hes going to write more novels.
Sep 18, 2014 4:44 AM

Jan 2009
tsudecimo said:
j0x said:

Oh dear lord, don't you dare stop watching it. What what will Niso do, if you stop watching it. How tragic :|

and you will get a loyalty award from defending this series

but seriously though im just expressing my annoyance to this development im in no way attacking fans like you
Sep 18, 2014 4:45 AM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
tsudecimo said:

but seriously though im just expressing my annoyance to this development im in no way attacking fans like you

idk how this show can continue with them out of college and moving on with their lives.

dude should just write something else.
Sep 18, 2014 5:32 PM

Jun 2013
SolviteSekai said:
j0x said:

idk how this show can continue with them out of college and moving on with their lives.

dude should just write something else.

He's about to. Nisio's Tsugimonogatari WILL take place in the same universe with the same kaii, but with an entirely different cast. I think. Which Meme may cameo in. Needless to say, I have never been so hyped.
Sep 19, 2014 2:15 AM

Mar 2010
still waiting for my copy to arrive.

j0x said:

the last season is the real deal.
you can take up those shonen and harem but not brilliant ideological writings?
well, it is your choice to stop following stuff, anyway.
Sep 19, 2014 3:01 AM

Jan 2013
yukaru00 said:

j0x said:

monogatari is not brilliant ideological writing.

more dialogue doesnt always mean intelligent dialogue.
Sep 19, 2014 4:39 AM

Mar 2010
SolviteSekai said:
yukaru00 said:

monogatari is not brilliant ideological writing.

more dialogue doesnt always mean intelligent dialogue.

you clearly do not know the author's original works as you only keep watching the anime.
dig up the so called dialogues and understand the depth of them.
As I can't explain this well in English, I'll leave some moonrunes for you.

表は全てじゃない。その表から裏を返すことが真の意味を得られる。

go and learn zaregoto.
Sep 22, 2014 8:56 AM

Sep 2012
It's here! And it came with the first chapter of his next series! Weird that "100 percent" is mirror written on the sticker is mirror written, hmm...
Nisioisin's Monogatari series is now complete with the 18th volume, Zokuowarimonogatari. Came with the first chapter of his next series, Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku. by hpulley, on FlickrNow all complete!
Nisioisin's Monogatari series is now complete with the 18th volume, Zokuowarimonogatari. Came with the first chapter of his next series, Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku. by hpulley, on Flickr
Or is it? The first chapter of the new series is prefaced by a Final Season comment or a first comment on the new series. He thought about ending the Monogatari earlier many times. The 7th time was in... Zokuowarimonogatari.

People already seem to know that the arc name of Zokuowarimonogatari is not Koyomi Book as we always thought but is instead Koyomi Reverse. Nisioisin explains in the afterward that he changed it because he already wrote Koyomimonogatari so it would be confusing to call this one Koyomi Book after all the Koyomi arcs in Koyomimonogarari were written.

And the frontpiece girl is... not who I expected at all. It is...

I should be reading Zoku but instead I want to read the first 30 pages of Okitegami Kyouko! Who is 25 years old so if you expected more high school...
hpulleySep 22, 2014 10:08 AM
Sep 28, 2014 7:57 AM

Jun 2013
This being the final Monogatari series no longer seems to be the case.

A fullblown sequel/spinoff in the same universe is in the works.

In other words, THIS SHALL NEVER DIE!!!
Sep 28, 2014 9:06 AM

Mar 2010
Grouchio said:
This being the final Monogatari series no longer seems to be the case.

A fullblown sequel/spinoff in the same universe is in the works.

In other words, THIS SHALL NEVER DIE!!!

He'll be focusing more on his ongoing Densetsu series and the new Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku.
Sep 28, 2014 8:42 PM

Mar 2010
To be honest, I like his deductive stories more than Monogatari. So unpredictable.
I hope Kyouko can live up to my expectation.

Edit: Yep. I have finish reading Okitegami Kyouko sample booklet. It is freaking good. Definitely my cup of tea.
yukaru00Oct 8, 2014 9:12 AM
Jul 16, 2023 10:20 PM

May 2021
10 years later and we have a new season now titled "The Family Season", Monogatari is more or less Isin's life's work so as long as he feels like it, Monogatari will continue and I am here for it

More topics from this board

» spoilers plz

kingdude267 - Dec 31, 2014

10 by HK_BAKA »»
May 18, 9:37 PM

» Do I HAVE to read Koyomimonogatari before Owarimonogatari?

Malone3443 - Nov 2, 2022

2 by Malone3443 »»
Nov 8, 2022 11:52 AM

Poll: » Out if these 3, who you got the hots most for?

TillyTrap - Oct 8, 2022

0 by TillyTrap »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:36 PM

Poll: » Right order to read? [Updated]

KiR4T - Aug 16, 2021

5 by abystoma2 »»
Aug 19, 2021 9:37 AM

» There is something Shinobu&Araragi is not telling us - Kizu/Ougi Dark - SPOILERS

FrEaKaZoIdIaN - May 19, 2017

2 by animegirl2533 »»
Mar 17, 2021 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.