Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 5, 2013 9:40 PM

Sep 2012
Fiji said:
What the heck? She is a ghost????

I am so going to be disappointed if this is all just a dream Riki is in.
Although, this is the most interesting arc so far!
It is not done yet!

Not all dreams are bad plot devices or end in deus ex machina. Don't worry about being disappointed. You haven't seen the real meat yet.
Jan 5, 2013 9:46 PM

Aug 2012
That damned narcolepsy!! Gets me everytime!

But anyways, this arc and episode in particular is really elevating the quality of this anime. They do a wonderful job of making the viewer feel what Riki is feeling.
Jan 5, 2013 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
Even if Mio covers her shadow with a parasol, her invisible legs will still be revealed. xDD

Not sure if its a studio problem but I saw Mio's shadow in the previous episode.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 5, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
The first route I entered and cleared on LB! was Mio's. Only when I played the route that I noticed that there were some missing components of the arc.
I won't say the anime adaption of the route is bad because this wasn't meant to be a harem series or a series where Riki finds a true love. However, it does seem like Mio is the main heroine considering how Riki's reactions seemed overprotective and whatnot. I wonder how they're going to conclude the arc next week... There were extra scenes but it didn't really affect the flow so much. This just makes me want to see Kud and Kuruguya's arc really badly (considering how dark it is in the VN).
Jan 5, 2013 10:06 PM

Mar 2011
Wow what a twist i can't tell now whats going to happen on this arc.
Jan 5, 2013 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
SleepingEntity said:
Fiji said:

It is not done yet!

Not all dreams are bad plot devices or end in deus ex machina. Don't worry about being disappointed. You haven't seen the real meat yet.

Not even close to the meat yet :[. I wish we were because I really wanna see how J.C does it :|.

DenjaX said:
Even if Mio covers her shadow with a parasol, her invisible legs will still be revealed. xDD

Not sure if its a studio problem but I saw Mio's shadow in the previous episode.

I ran through episode 12 and there was no shadow at all o_O. Only the shadow of the umbrella.
TyrelJan 5, 2013 10:21 PM
Jan 5, 2013 10:26 PM

Nov 2011
A bit similar to Fuuko arc but still very interesting.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 5, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
SleepingEntity said:
Fiji said:

It is not done yet!

Not even close to the meat yet :[. I wish we were because I really wanna see how J.C does it :|.

Assuming everything goes as currently is, Refrain is still a bit under half a year away...
Jan 5, 2013 11:01 PM

Sep 2011
SleepingEntity said:
Tyrel said:
SleepingEntity said:
Fiji said:

It is not done yet!

Assuming everything goes as currently is, Refrain is still a bit under half a year away...

>Insert rage face here<. Yep then they'll prob take a break like what KyoAni did with Clannad From March-Oct.
Jan 5, 2013 11:46 PM

Sep 2009
I don't care for Mio herself, but her route is interesting =o I'm glad they're at least dragging it out for 2 episodes unlike Komari's. Seriously hoping they don't rush through Haruka's route.. it's my favorite T__T
Jan 5, 2013 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
We haven't gotten to the meat yet? Things look pretty good right now so I'll be waiting.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 6, 2013 12:09 AM

Sep 2012
Entravity said:
We haven't gotten to the meat yet? Things look pretty good right now so I'll be waiting.

Little Busters is like Clannad. The heroine routes themselves are generally quite good (Mio and Haruka's in particular), but by themselves they're no better than your typical good anime.

The real stuff is the "true route", called "Refrain" (does anyone actually know why it's called that?). The whole "secret of this world" will be revealed then.
SleepingEntityJan 6, 2013 12:13 AM
Jan 6, 2013 12:16 AM

Sep 2010
SleepingEntity said:
The real stuff is the "true route", called "Refrain" (does anyone actually know why it's called that?). The whole "secret of this world" will be revealed then.
It's probably referring to the noun definition of refrain. Kind of a vague-ish spoiler I guess.

As for the heroine routes, I assume you're intentionally excluding Rin2?
I agree though, Mio and Haruka's routes were probably my favourite ones as well not counting Rin2/Refrain/(Saya).
NegligenceJan 6, 2013 12:30 AM
Jan 6, 2013 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
Also lol @ 5:12-13 when Riki at a loss for words. You can hear the girl voice come out more from the seiyuu ;p. Love Mios arc just as much as I did in the Visual Novel<3.

I also noticed the scenery animation got way better from like episode 12+

Dem clones, twins Dat shadow
TyrelJan 6, 2013 1:04 AM
Jan 6, 2013 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
Negligence said:
SleepingEntity said:
It's probably referring to the noun definition of refrain. Kind of a vague-ish spoiler I guess.

As for the heroine routes, I assume you're intentionally excluding Rin2?
I agree though, Mio and Haruka's routes were probably my favourite ones as well not counting Rin2/Refrain/(Saya).

I had no idea there was a noun meaning of Refrain =/. Thanks for that. I kept wondering what Riki was supposed to be "refraining" from. And as for the routes, Rin 2 is more of a bridge to Refrain, and I almost consider it as part of Refrain. The heroine routes are more the other heroines, with their traditional structures of complication and resolving them.
Jan 6, 2013 1:13 AM

Aug 2008
I call for a scientific explanation! Mass hallucination, shared mental disorder, or over-dramatization! Take your pick.

Not really. Doppelgangers? Maybe a ghost or something.

bippo said:

They didn't even change the OP/ED. Way to go JC Staff.

Some people merely skip them. I don't even see the lyrics anymore, even if they're subbed in too. So it's irrelevant.
Jan 6, 2013 1:15 AM

Sep 2012
Where did Mio go? I m confuse @@

but I admit that Midori is quite attractive too.......... I think I would have give in to her.. ==

and where did Haruka go?? would like to see another Kud spin moment ._.
Jan 6, 2013 1:21 AM

May 2010
wow why does this remind me on clannad so much..

nvm..its one of the few episodes i actually really liked . kinda glad i didnt drop it.
Jan 6, 2013 2:01 AM
Aug 2011
I'm at a loss for words. The supernatural stuff took a giant leap forward in this episode.

Is she a ghost, did she die? A split personality? Why is it having a erect on everyones memories.

I know there'll a good explanation, I just can't figure it out on my own.
Jan 6, 2013 2:21 AM

Nov 2009
I always liked Midori in the VN.

Jan 6, 2013 2:50 AM
Oct 2012
Mio was my favorite character. Waaaaaaaaaah!!
Jan 6, 2013 3:03 AM

Feb 2012
Pretty confusing but good episode. Can't wait for next week :D
Jan 6, 2013 3:06 AM

Mar 2012
Midori has come. I'm waiting for her trolling. Sad that it look like Mio arc is finish next episode.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 6, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2012
Nice pacing in this episode unlike Komari.Seeing Mio smiling before her dissapearance is really sad.
Jan 6, 2013 3:17 AM

Aug 2011
Really good paced episode. I was afraid they would rush Mio's arc, but so far it's been good. They kinda skipped the essential "date" where Mio and Riki would go to the bookstore, but I guess that might come later in the show as a material for the common route. But where Mio disappears could have been better executed.

I can see why people are confused with this episode of Mio not having a shadow and has a twin sisterdoppelgangershadow taking her place as she disappears to the blue sky, don't worry. I was also pretty confused when I played her route in the VN, but then Refrain happened to me.

The pacing has been good so far since Komari's route and I can see Kud, Kurugaya and Haruka's route when we get closer to the 26th episode. Knowing this, there is highly likely that there will be a 2nd season covering Refrain in 13 episode season.

JC Staff, your turn to bat.
Jan 6, 2013 4:41 AM

Nov 2008
so it really is going 3 ish eps per heroine arc wise.. I wonder when Haruka's and Kuds will come.. or rather the order - was an enjoyable episode ;3 (and of course kurugaya's)
Jan 6, 2013 4:54 AM

Sep 2011
Not going to have a high expectations on the next episode since the ending will probably be an ORIGINAL MATERIAL by JC Staff just like in Komari's ending arc which is more or less a disappointment.

Jan 6, 2013 4:59 AM

Mar 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
Not going to have a high expectations on the next episode since the ending will probably be an ORIGINAL MATERIAL by JC Staff just like in Komari's ending arc which is more or less a disappointment.
Even if it's original material i hope they will make this good after all Mio is my favorite alongside Kurugaya.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 6, 2013 5:07 AM

Sep 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Even if it's original material i hope they will make this good after all Mio is my favorite alongside Kurugaya.

I know Mio's story is good REGARDLESS of this adaptation. Same goes for Komari's story but still the ending leaves the final impression of the story as a whole and Komari's anime ending is a disappointment, for me at least.

So, I ain't even looking forward for this anime-original ending though the adaption is well enough.

Jan 6, 2013 5:21 AM
Nov 2012
worthed wait 1 week for this ;D
midori coming, but what happened to mio T_T

its sad since i'm a fan of mio on this little busters
Jan 6, 2013 5:51 AM

Apr 2011
Was really worth the wait.
KEY Anime always has some funny episodes that lead to more searious and often sad and hard to understand stuff and this arc is no exception.
I am really wondering what the heck is going on...but I am used to this because of Air, Kanon and Clannad.
In the beginning it really reminded me of the people who were slowly forgetting Fuko, but fortunately, it's not for the same reasons.
Can't wait for next week! Hope there'll be a decent explenation (KEY style of course^^). I haven't played the game, so I don't know yet.
5/5
average: 9/10
Jan 6, 2013 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, that was a heartbreaking episode.

I was really sad that Nishizono was forgotten, please bring her back. T___T
Jan 6, 2013 6:32 AM

Sep 2012
skapandi said:
Sloppy directing made this episode rushed/forced for me.Midori's entrance didn't have any impact at all.

And wasn't there a scene in Mio's route where Riki talked to Rin about memories or something like that?I really liked it and thought it'd be in this episode.

Some QUALITY bits at the end made me lol.

I'm actually thinking of dropping this.

Yes, after Masato and Kengo tell Riki that Mio was always cheerful, Rin tells him to believe himself over others. It is a shame it didn't make it in, although it might be in next episode.
Jan 6, 2013 6:45 AM
Nov 2012
SleepingEntity said:
skapandi said:
Sloppy directing made this episode rushed/forced for me.Midori's entrance didn't have any impact at all.

And wasn't there a scene in Mio's route where Riki talked to Rin about memories or something like that?I really liked it and thought it'd be in this episode.

Yes, after Masato and Kengo tell Riki that Mio was always cheerful, Rin tells him to believe himself over others. It is a shame it didn't make it in, although it might be in next episode.

seems i must finish mio route in little buster VN then
its very complicated than anime, right?
Jan 6, 2013 7:30 AM

Sep 2012
testers said:
SleepingEntity said:
skapandi said:

seems i must finish mio route in little buster VN then
its very complicated than anime, right?

I would recommend finishing all of the VN if you're willing and have time (even though the anime is more accessible). It's not "very complicated"; the story is very similar to the anime. However, a lot of...extra...content is sort of removed. If you only want to get the main emotional story, the anime is probably fine, but the VN does offer much, much more detail and events that are otherwise missing from the anime.

Either way, playing the VN does give you a more informed view about this anime adaptation, since you can compare it to the original source material (which is what a bunch of us are doing here).

Oh, and you get the whole story without waiting half a year.
Jan 6, 2013 7:46 AM

Aug 2011
here's a warning for all of you.

Next episode, just accept what happens. Everything will all make sense soon enough. don't let your suspension of disbelief get in the way of enjoying a VERY good episode.
(assuming they pull it off)

the events that happen in the next episode actually had me crying in the visual novel. i was so impressed with Mio's arc that she went from the most boring heroine to my favorite.

also if they don't include troll glasses i'm dropping the anime
Funya-UsagiJan 6, 2013 7:51 AM
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Jan 6, 2013 7:58 AM
Jun 2011
blubberflub said:
also if they don't include troll glasses i'm dropping the anime
xDD
I wanted to see the date animated, but it seems that's not possible now...
Jan 6, 2013 8:57 AM

May 2010
Nice episode, though I've never been fan of Mio's arc. Well, but after all, it was before Refrain, so I hope that it'll make more sense for me now :)
Kyousuke with four-leaf clovers scene, aww <3
Jan 6, 2013 11:17 AM

Oct 2011
Whoaaa, affter 2 weeks, it gets a lot more interesting in this episode, hope it continues like this.
Signature
Jan 6, 2013 12:25 PM

Apr 2010
I already like Midori a lot more then Mio i just don't like Mio's character her way of standing by and doing nothing at all even though people mistreat her.
This episode gave to impression that it was trying to create sympathy for Mio however she created the situation by herself and didn't do anything to prevent it and now Midori is being pictured as the bad guy.
Alright Midori's behaviour is pretty bad but i think Mio's behaviour is worse.
Jan 6, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Can someone who played the VN tell me how long Refrain is?
I'm on the end of Mio's route and have Rin's 2nd route, but I want to know how long the Refrain part alone is.

It takes me like 4-6 hrs to do each of the routes after the first one, when I read all of the changed text from the main route and heroine ending.

I'm excited and scared for Refrain ;_;

Also, anyone watching the anime, I highly encourage you to play the Visual Novel. It's definitely worth checking out. I never played a Visual Novel before this, but I'm really enjoying VNs now, and I'll probably start checking out VNs that didn't get great anime adaptations, or aren't adapted to animes.
Vladz0rJan 6, 2013 12:55 PM
Jan 6, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
i like this new blue haired girl more
she's feisty!
Jan 6, 2013 3:06 PM

Oct 2012
Vladz0r said:
I'm on the end of Mio's route and have Rin's 2nd route, but I want to know how long the Refrain part alone is.

It takes me like 4-6 hrs to do each of the routes after the first one, when I read all of the changed text from the main route and heroine ending.

I'm excited and scared for Refrain ;_;

Also, anyone watching the anime, I highly encourage you to play the Visual Novel. It's definitely worth checking out. I never played a Visual Novel before this, but I'm really enjoying VNs now, and I'll probably start checking out VNs that didn't get great anime adaptations, or aren't adapted to animes.

i like Lb VN as much as i like clannad VN because of refrain.

Jan 6, 2013 5:05 PM

Jun 2012
I'm actually starting to not mind the animation as much, but once again the awkward music is ruining it. And as I've said before... does ANYONE here like Midori more than Mio? Mio makes me want to just punch her in the face with all of the sexual harassment bullshit she spews and her lack of emotion and any likable qualities, but Midori is fun, smiles and has an actual personality.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this. Hell, I was kind of upset in the VN when

Vladz0r said:

Someone on here had the word count for all of the routes. It's like, 8.5k words. Saya's route in EX is 14k. It took me exactly five hours to fully play through Refrain. It's not long at all.
Malus92Jan 6, 2013 5:12 PM
Jan 6, 2013 5:08 PM

Aug 2011
:( i love them both..

and the only problem with the music i had this episode was when they played thin chronicle for literally like 10 seconds and then immediately switched.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Jan 6, 2013 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
skapandi said:

Thinking the same thing. Maybe still I'm going to watch this till the end.

Damn seriously I want to see the adaptation of EX stories more than these plus Refrain.

Jan 6, 2013 5:57 PM

Jul 2008
ClannadIsLove said:
I'm actually starting to not mind the animation as much, but once again the awkward music is ruining it. And as I've said before... does ANYONE here like Midori more than Mio? Mio makes me want to just punch her in the face with all of the sexual harassment bullshit she spews and her lack of emotion and any likable qualities, but Midori is fun, smiles and has an actual personality.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this. Hell, I was kind of upset in the VN when

I like Mio, but I do admit I like Midori more XD
Jan 6, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2012
ClannadIsLove said:

Mio is awesome. She's my second favourite Key character, just after Nagisa, which isn't even a fair comparison, seeing as how Nagisa got all the attention in Clannad.

Characters who just fawn over the protagonist going MOE MOE are the boring ones in my eyes. Mio actually has a distinct personality that is rather unique in Key VNs. And she does not lack emotion - she doesn't want to get close to anyone because she wants to be forgotten. In fact, she's one of the heroines that makes more sense in LB.
SleepingEntityJan 6, 2013 7:00 PM
Jan 6, 2013 7:06 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I think they've already improved after that faliure of an arc which was Kamikita Komari.

Well, they've still got to conclude it, so I'll see whether J.C Staff have really made an improvement after that.

That said, this was a pretty good episode, and the plot of Mio's arc was better written than I thought. The pacing I believe could go a bit slower, but what they covered was done in sufficient detail I guess.
Jan 6, 2013 9:36 PM

May 2010
i have to say, i started to lose interest in the series as of lately, and started watching episode just watch em but this episode has renew my interest so what, just cuz of the WTF moment. hope the next episode is good.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.