Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 7, 2008 8:12 PM

Jun 2007
JCDRANZER said:
I just watched episode 08 and it was just UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME (seriously!!! XD) !!! :D

Thoughts ---->

You know I've been berating this whole series from the time I watched the first episode but the last episodes I've watched so far (episode 7 & 8).......I'm truly astonished at how good it is. Episode 08 especially.....the ending scene was incredibly emotional for me.......damn
:blink:

It's not a matter of liking Mei or not, she was already dead (killed by the butterfly kid), so letting her "live" after the fact would only pose more problems for everyone. The butterfly kid could just have her come back to life and attack everyone again. Yomi put her out of her misery which is the only proper thing to do in that situation.

Boo for Yomi dieing. That happened way to fast.
Dec 7, 2008 8:48 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
JCDRANZER said:
I just watched episode 08 and it was just UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME (seriously!!! XD) !!! :D

Thoughts ---->

You know I've been berating this whole series from the time I watched the first episode but the last episodes I've watched so far (episode 7 & 8).......I'm truly astonished at how good it is. Episode 08 especially.....the ending scene was incredibly emotional for me.......damn
:blink:

It's not a matter of liking Mei or not, she was already dead (killed by the butterfly kid), so letting her "live" after the fact would only pose more problems for everyone. The butterfly kid could just have her come back to life and attack everyone again. Yomi put her out of her misery which is the only proper thing to do in that situation.

Yeah, Boo for Yomi dying but you know she could have dodged those with her intuition just by jumping backwards and like a lot of people say, Nuu would have been better to use yet Yomi did not use the beast yet she could. Guess the attack got her by surprise big time.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 7, 2008 9:23 PM
Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:

Mei would have died anyway, due to her wounds, since the stone was no longer there. Yomi didn't kill her thinking about the future consequences of letting her "live". She killed her because she was out for some blood, especially for the blood of the one who killed her foster father.

Also, I might ask. Who predicted the buttlerfly kid would go from throwing a few daggers at Yomi to throwing a whole barrage? Yomi had no chance there. Actually, when you stop and think about it, does anyone actually stands a chance against him? He killed the previous user of Byakuei (Kagura's mother), if Yomi's flashback is any indication, as well as Mei, and now Yomi (quite easily I might say). And he can he can send near-dead people on a rampage using that stone. Talk about being an overpowered spirit.

Dec 7, 2008 9:35 PM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
DeathfireD said:

Mei would have died anyway, due to her wounds, since the stone was no longer there. Yomi didn't kill her thinking about the future consequences of letting her "live". She killed her because she was out for some blood, especially for the blood of the one who killed her foster father.

Also, I might ask. Who predicted the buttlerfly kid would go from throwing a few daggers at Yomi to throwing a whole barrage? Yomi had no chance there. Actually, when you stop and think about it, does anyone actually stands a chance against him? He killed the previous user of Byakuei (Kagura's mother), if Yomi's flashback is any indication, as well as Mei, and now Yomi (quite easily I might say). And he can he can send near-dead people on a rampage using that stone. Talk about being an overpowered spirit.

I would agreed with you but there must be a weakness that kid has. I mean his past seems to be one clue, also the other clue is that his motives might have to do with his family.
Dec 7, 2008 11:12 PM
Aug 2007
First post! Yay!
Well, been watching Ga-Rei-Zero and I liked it. At first I thought "WTF" when the storyline shifted from future to the past, and now with this episode, we can clearly see where all this is going.

I gotta say Mei deserved it. Period.

The plot of the series is getting better and better, the script is good (altough I would like some dialogs to change..) and it seems like this is going to be the best anime this season. It's not the best anime I've seen, but still is the most entertaining one (along with Shikabanehime Aka).

Also... anyone knows the name of the song or artist on the duel?
Dec 8, 2008 12:13 AM

Sep 2007
Come... come to the dark side of the Force, Yomi.
Dec 8, 2008 1:04 AM

Nov 2008
xxkiriyamaxx said:
First post! Yay!
Well, been watching Ga-Rei-Zero and I liked it. At first I thought "WTF" when the storyline shifted from future to the past, and now with this episode, we can clearly see where all this is going.

I gotta say Mei deserved it. Period.

The plot of the series is getting better and better, the script is good (altough I would like some dialogs to change..) and it seems like this is going to be the best anime this season. It's not the best anime I've seen, but still is the most entertaining one (along with Shikabanehime Aka).

No, but that song may be most likely in the OST of this series. Also I do not think Mei deserved it. She was trying to kill that evil kid and the kid got to her. The kid then used her emotions against her with the death stone yet he also made her have no choice by mortally wounding her.
Dec 8, 2008 4:11 AM

Dec 2007
omg !
YOMI ! >< ~
wahhs . how can she just die like that !?
ARGH ! then the ending wit that guy she was to marry !?
wahhs. damn that KID ! >< !

Dec 8, 2008 11:07 AM

Aug 2008
Leon-Gun said:
QFT

Mei: "We hunt evil spirits and destroy them!"
butterfly kid: "Interesting."
(from episode 6)

Is he really an evil spirit, anyway? He has that huge stone in his left eye — he could just be 'controlled,' too.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 8, 2008 12:15 PM
Jun 2007
This episode could raise the show's score for me to an 8. and if the successive ones are just as good or even better, a 9 even.

Answers along with some sweet action scenes is always a plus in my book. Poor Yomi, getting all the abuse directed at her. that lecher of an old man gave me flashbacks of Kare Kano.

and that brat, how can Kagura and co. possibly beat him? He took out both Mei and Yomi (albeit in an emotionally drained state) with ease. He seems to have a lot of the Death Stones at his disposal so he can just easily replace whatever powerful pawn he has gained.
Dec 8, 2008 1:33 PM

Jul 2007
xxkiriyamaxx said:

I previously said Ali Project but after hearing it more carefully I'm 90% sure it's from Yousei Teikoku. (I should've noticed it quickly since it's one of my favourite groups, but whatever. Either way, even if it isn't one of their songs you should listen to some of theirs XD)

As for the name of the track, I have no clue but it will most likely be in the OST. At least I hope so.
FukiriDec 8, 2008 1:39 PM
Dec 8, 2008 3:41 PM

Jun 2007
Leon-Gun said:
DeathfireD said:

She put Mei out of her misery no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If Yomi left her to live theres no telling what could happen. Mei could just sit there and die and painful death, she might come back to kill people due to the kid putting the stone back in her but in both cases Mei needed to die. Yomi did the right thing. If there was a way to keep Mei a live then I'd probably think otherwise but since Mei was clearly killed by the butterfly kid I have to thing that putting her out of her misery was the best thing Yomi could have done for her. Even if it was out of revenge and hate.
Dec 8, 2008 3:49 PM

Oct 2007
Really good episode!! looking forward to the next episode XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2008 5:25 AM

Mar 2008
slayer545-sama said:
Yeah, Boo for Yomi dying but you know she could have dodged those with her intuition just by jumping backwards and like a lot of people say, Nuu would have been better to use yet Yomi did not use the beast yet she could. Guess the attack got her by surprise big time.

That attack got ME by surprise. After watching yomi knock the first 2 blades out of the air with such apparent ease, I kinda expected the producers to let Yomi go and just end the episode with a cryptic dialogue between butterfly guy and Yomi..

But no! They have to let butterfly guy flash his butterflies and unleash his spammy rain of death out of the blue. BOO. Like what happened to the typical bad guy who talks too much and tells you exactly what he's gonna do?
tanjxDec 9, 2008 5:32 AM

Dec 9, 2008 7:08 AM

Aug 2008
RandomOugi said:
It was interesting to see Yomi using it in the previous fight because her style doesn't involve iaijutsu, so you can clearly see her inferiority to Kagura when handling a heavy specialized iaitou like the #12, I'm surprised neither of them tried to recover the sword stuck to the ceiling.
Nitpicking here — the MICHAEL 12 is most likely categorized as a shinken ("true sword"), as no one would use a iaito (literally "mock sword," often made of nickel-zinc alloy) in combat. But the way MICHAEL 12 is designed, it's most common use would be categorized as iaijutsu (sword drawing combat). Kenjutsu would be the term for any combat outside of the drawing movement (however for magical swords like Yomi's, in which combat doesn't use the blade so much as the controlled spirit... I'm not sure if there is a name ;) ).

Dec 9, 2008 1:21 PM
Dec 2007
JadeMatrix said:

Is he really an evil spirit, anyway? He has that huge stone in his left eye — he could just be 'controlled,' too.
You raise an interesting point, since Mei was also considered a Category A through their radar. But I think his extra powers hint toward the "spirit" side.

Dec 9, 2008 8:07 PM

Aug 2008
Leon-Gun said:
JadeMatrix said:

You raise an interesting point, since Mei was also considered a Category A through their radar. But I think his extra powers hint toward the "spirit" side.
Now that I think about it, 'controlled' was not the right word. Kagura's father has one — the physical manifestation of his bond/contract with the dragon-spirit. What I meant to say was that the kid may be in a similar situation.

Dec 10, 2008 5:29 PM

Sep 2007
I was already having a bad day, and this episode didn't help. I hate it when animes show stuff after the credits. Who watches the credits anyway? I just skip to the next episode. But when I read all the comments on Crunchyroll that Yomi "died" (I know she's not, but she might as well be), that's when I went back to check. Why did they kill off such an important character in just 5 seconds? They should've saved it for the next episode and made it more dramatic. Argh, Yomi would never die that easily. She's not dead. I won't accept it. She has to return back to her normal self somehow. It just frustrates me that so many major characters died in the last 3 episodes, and I don’t mean the good type of frustration, like what I felt during Code Geass, Higurashi, or Elfen Lied. It feels rushed, like a cheap trick done by the producers to induce shock on us (or at least make us stick around till next week, as if we weren’t going to, already). I know there's still 4 episodes left, but I don't know if this series is going to end in a way that will make me feel like all 12 eps were used to their full potential.
Nek0Dec 10, 2008 5:57 PM

Dec 10, 2008 5:44 PM
Dec 2007
Why did you hide it inside a spoiler? It's assumed that everyone joining the discussion watched the episode completely, hence can't be "spoiled", unless you mention things that are either from episodes after the one being discussed or from manga/original work.

Also, Code Geass did use it as a shock factor, but they cheapened it by using the "Hey look, I survived because of *stupid excuse* !" trick. By the end I was actually going "Die and stay dead, bastard !". And Higurashi is a very special case :-).

Dec 10, 2008 5:47 PM

Sep 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Why did you hide it inside a spoiler? It's assumed that everyone joining the discussion watched the episode completely, hence can't be "spoiled".
Because some people, like me, might have not seen after the credits. Anyway, sushey was complaining about no spoiler tags, and slayer545 put a spoiler tag on his, so I did too. Lol. Fine, I'll remove it.
Nek0Dec 10, 2008 5:59 PM

Dec 10, 2008 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
slayer545-sama said:
MiKu214 said:
(double post. someone delete, 'cause it won't let me) -_-;

Me too! :O What gives with the new settings? LOL actually I find it funny cause now mods have to work harder since you would most likely have to report yourself on that.

D: Poor MODS, any way of making us able to delete them?
I'm pretty sure there's a delete post button... I'll use this post to test it.

EDIT: umm, wtf. xinil, the forums r broken. >.<

EDIT 2: fixed, though i won't bother deleting this post now.
JadeMatrixDec 12, 2008 5:50 AM

Dec 11, 2008 9:16 PM

Jul 2008
This was a fucking baller episode, kinda rooting for Yomi now lol. 5/5
Dec 12, 2008 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
this episode was wayyy too surprising! i loved this one! O_O can't wait for ep. 9 to be subbed!
Dec 12, 2008 3:50 PM

Oct 2008
Good stuff, this episode was surprising, love how it is going to connect with the beginning of the series, what we seen in the first 2 episodes. I like this anime for it being the unique one this season.
Dec 14, 2008 1:07 AM

Mar 2008
Poor Yomi, this episode is pretty emotional along with episode... wait, all of them actually xD now I got a pretty good idea how Yomi turned "Evil" >_<
Dec 14, 2008 8:07 AM

Aug 2008
WOW, this episode kicked me awake! Glad Mei died, but pissed @ butterfly boy for killing so many characters so easily. Can't really complain because at some level we should've seen this coming.
Dec 15, 2008 8:26 PM

Aug 2007
slayer545-sama said:
kisami said:
lol dude that is one huge spoiler lol

Yo dude! It's fixed so next tell me again and I will fix my pic posts like so! Ok?

Well you do realize that people aren't going to be posting in this thread unless they've actually watched the episode? Otherwise it serves them right. >:O

Kotori said:
Why do you all say Yomi is dead? It's not really clear... She could be turned and still go back to herself later on like happened to Mei

Exactly. So he uses Yomi to try and do the same thing to Kagura, since I think that the butterfly dude is after Kagura and Byakuei Shiro or whatever it is that she's going to inherit from her dad (or at least he's trying to get it out of the way or something).

Freaking awesome episode. Most definitely looking forward to the next one.

5/5 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 15, 2008 8:56 PM
Dec 2007
Interesting... Byakuei could really be his objective. Let's not forget he already targeted the previous possesor (Kagura's mother), and Byakuei is supposed to be so strong that the user has to merge his soul to him in order to keep him sealed and in control.

Dec 17, 2008 8:34 AM

Mar 2008
Waaah great episode, it's really picking up to the beginning events.
Short FB on events that happened to Touru (ep1 guy) and Aoi, I wonder if they will go in deep with the characters from ep1 again, I hope so. (There was also Touru passing by an episode ago).
But great music, directing the pacing is just fine for me.

MAL list updates
Dec 18, 2008 4:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lol... I get the Anakin Skywalker felling from Yomi...

"Use your hatred as power" Join the dark side of the force!!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 28, 2008 1:47 AM

Jan 2008
Fucking butterfly boy. Yomi ;__; , even though we knew this would happen, it's still painful to watch...
Dec 30, 2008 1:57 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:

One of the things I liked was the contrast between Yomi and Kagura right now. There was no hesitation in Yomi killing Mei, and while she might have been driven by rage, in the end she treated it the same as killing a category C or D-er.

Holy crap. I can't believe Yomi got killed so quickly, so easily. This show does not F around at all.
Dec 30, 2008 2:13 PM
Nov 2007
Great fight. Yomi goes on a rampage and killing Mei. The butterfly boy needs more screentime xD.
Jan 7, 2009 2:39 AM
May 2008
lol it's soo star war-esque i almost wondered if that's intentional
Feb 17, 2009 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
Well that was certainly better than the awful previous episode. This show might turn out to be at least somewhat decent.
Feb 19, 2009 3:30 PM
Feb 2008
Yomi ;_;
Apr 5, 2009 8:49 PM

May 2008
Gah the end of the episode made me sad even though I knew it was coming eventually, poor Yomi;;
Apr 19, 2009 4:12 AM

Jul 2008
it really hurt to see how fast things are changing for yomi><, i feel really pity for her...
and this end was really... it was clear that yomi didnt listen to her in the ned. i mean everything was token from her and then mei told her that she killed her father so what woudl one expect...
now it also explained the 1-2 epi

Apr 21, 2009 12:22 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ah goddamnit all! D:

[edit]: What the fuck?!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 21, 2009 12:27 PM

Feb 2008
holy
fucking
shit...

Next episode plz...
Jul 4, 2009 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
Holy Shit! what an ending o-o T_T

Jul 11, 2009 2:14 PM

Aug 2008
Yomi got owned in the face... quite literally, too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2009 5:29 PM

Aug 2008
My gosh that bastard.... and that bitch...She actually used her devious plans and kicked out from the family the poor Yomi and made Kagura leave alone the poor Yomi... So the stupid uncle says Yomi doesn't deserve anything at all and makes her go into a downward spiral of emotions... sealed with Mei taking back Shishi-Ou.... I gotta admit the episode was quite nice... Loved how Mei had her time and destroyed what Yomi had and in the end she summoned her for a fight.... Mei using Ranguren was priceless... and useless too.... she definitely didn't deserve Shishi-Ou..... My lots of Sins were committed this times.... I understand why the next ep is about sins.... Hatred burns people's hearts for sure.... Way to go damned Butterfly Boy... You killed the poor Mei... and now..... Shit... Poor Yomi

Signs,
Green
Jul 21, 2009 10:18 PM

Jun 2009
Mei was so caddy she deserved that.
Add that to the list of why people are terrible power hungry beings.
Overall it was just a meh episode.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 28, 2009 11:15 PM

May 2009
Between episode 3 and this one i was just kinda pushing myself to watch the series, now the show has finally been reborn from what it was at the beginning so gonna marathon it !

I was that close to dropping this show too.
Oct 12, 2009 5:39 PM
Mar 2008
Hmm. Butterfly boy sux. And the series just turned totally g*y
Dec 28, 2009 5:13 PM

Mar 2008
Wow. That ending really got to me.

;___;

Jan 9, 2010 7:21 AM

Jun 2009
What an intense episode! Love the fight scenes between Mei and Yomi. But, Yomi... NOOOOOOOO!!
Feb 4, 2010 8:04 AM

Nov 2009
Yomi makes a good yandere doesnt she?
Feb 16, 2010 3:56 PM
Feb 2010
Yomi... This is the last time we ever get to see "nice" Yomi. :(

So, in the end, was Mei a bitch or not? She looked like she was remorseful of what she did, but in previous episodes, she looked like she was willing to kill to get what she wants, I mean, before getting killed by butterfly kid.

Anyway, great episode. Explains many things. Now, on to the "real" start of Ga-Rei -Zero- ^_^
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.