Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Which one did you prefer most?
Jan 1, 2013 2:48 PM
Sep 2007
Hey,

I would like to know the difference between the manga and the anime without spoiling to much. Be kind to use spoiler tag if you going to spoil.

I have been reading lot of manga now and find many anime series now have quite open ending left for more and maybe for another season but sometimes it can take months, years or decades for a new season to come so I wish to know a few things.

Does this anime follow the manga and does it cover the whole story or just one or few arcs?

How is the ending? What I want to know is if it's close the story or the arc in a good way so you can feel that the season somehow is solid and can stand on its own feet.

XzaRJan 5, 2013 4:27 AM
Jan 3, 2013 1:47 PM

Nov 2009
The anime follows the manga at some point...BUT IT OMITS SOME IMPORTANT SCENES FOR CHARACTER AND ROMANTIC DEVELOPMENT.

The ending arc DID NOT FOLLOW THE MANGA AT ALL. There are a few scenes in the manga arc, but that's it.

The anime ending seems conclusive at a point, but they showed a very important character in the manga for like a few seconds. And that may hint to a second season (hopefully).

Hopefully if there's a next season, the screenwriter would change and adapt the manga very well because, believe me, Nanami is more an awesome independent heroine in the manga than the anime shows. She stops becoming a damsel in distress and gets stronger god powers. I believe you'll like her more in the manga as most do. ^^ So read it from the start because you'll understand the characters more and everything else.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jan 3, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2011
I recently watched this, and liked most of it. I just thought that Nanami was rather bland as the heroine.
It's good to know that she's more developed in the manga, I might try reading it if that's the case.
Jan 4, 2013 5:18 AM

Jun 2012
What would be a good starting point for the manga if you have watched the first season on the anime?
Jan 4, 2013 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
paganchick said:
What would be a good starting point for the manga if you have watched the first season on the anime?

ch.31

I didn't read ch 1-30, but I noticed that some of those chapter were not made into the anime. Ch 31 picks up from the end of the anime, but there are so further ch that are in the anime even though it's after the festival :O

I think I'll try to read from the beginning! I think I like the anime more but if I read the manga first, I'll probably love the manga more :O But I do like the manga! It's fun to read and the latest arc is the arc that we are all waiting for :)
Jan 4, 2013 11:59 PM

Nov 2009
paganchick said:

It's better to read from the start, even if you know how the starting arcs may end up. But most importantly, there are hints in the manga that was not shown in the anime. Those hints contribute to the real overarching story surrounding the main characters. There are things left unanswered for every arc, and those get fleshed out more in the manga.

Besides, I believe they skipped chapter 12? And yes, most of the Kagura arc is not the same in the manga and anime. You will also get used to the manga if you start from chap 1 because it uses a different kind of storytelling. There's no fairytale-like narration and all...and the thoughts go deeper in the manga than when you're watching the arcs (although that's expected since anime is all about showing and not usually saying). ^^

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jan 5, 2013 4:24 AM
Sep 2007
Thanks for the information from that I can see that the manga seems to be better but I have already read the manga to one point before the anime adapation. I think I am on chapter 74 or something which I have forgotten now.

Well I may see it anyway because it's fun to see the animations and when the characters have voices too. I also like the manga very much.
Apr 10, 2013 6:07 PM

Aug 2011
Can anyone tell me(pm me)should I picked up from if I watch until episode4?
Thank You.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Jul 25, 2014 7:02 PM
Jul 2014
I was so disappointed it left out so much like (spoiler)why she had the eye in her stomach at all and so much plot development from the manga just down the drain I was so disappointed

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2012

88 by melkarakas »»
Apr 4, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

172 by Karva1 »»
Mar 8, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2012

62 by Karva1 »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2012

74 by Karva1 »»
Mar 6, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

164 by Karva1 »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.