Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2013 7:03 AM

Apr 2009
The moral of the story is quite interesting, and in a way very Japanese. You're stuck in your shitty circumstances, and neither magic nor a knight in shining armour will ever come to save you. Eventually, you have to solve your own problems.

In any case, it was interesting. Better than Nise but not quite as good as Bake. 7/10.
Jan 4, 2013 7:04 AM

Feb 2011
Great episode , enjoyed it at full xD 9/10
Jan 4, 2013 7:57 AM
Oct 2007
KamiKali said:
VioLink said:
That was quite a ride and I enjoyed every second of it. Reserving officially scoring until subs but for now 9/10

Shinobu saving the day was freaking sick and that OST was outstanding throughout the whole show.

Damm shaft take my money......
The monogatari series never fail to impress me
Ill better wait for BD for monogatari second season
and Kizumonogatari even if its 2015!!!!!!!!!!!! or late 2014 -------____------

More like Aniplex take your money. Take all your money, rape you in the ass with a spiked bat and then ask for more money
Jan 4, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2007
I just watched the batch release of Nekomonogatari: Kuro and it was just awesome, reminded me of how much I missed intelligent dialogue and the humour of the Monogatari series with the SHAFT flare to boot.

Hanekawa in underwear is awesome, the subtle incest portrayed in the first quarter of this mini-series was hilarious, Araragi is going to fall into the depths of hell eventually with his antics.

I think the reason Araragi proclaims that he will never say "I love you" to Hanekawa is because he respects her too much and that he feels he is not good enough for her. I understand the logic since she helped him a lot during the Spring Vacation when he was having Vampire problems and despite falling in love for her, he won't tell her but instead live a life of where he is constantly and eternally grateful for her to the point of willing to sacrifice his life for her.

Darn I like almost all the girls in the Monogatari series and I can't choose who to ship with Araragi. ;)

I wonder what "Nekomonogatari: Shirou" will be about, obviously the reappearance of the White Neko inside Hanekawa.

The ending credits make me hopeful that SHAFT might actually animate all the novels of the Monogatari series, I mean they're planning to release Kizumonogatari as a animated movie and so once that's done, SHAFT would have animated 6 volumes of the novels, there's over 15 volumes for that series, well, 15 confirmed volumes but they're could be 1 or 2 more than that since the Monogatari series is still ongoing.

Anyways, my rating for Nekomonogatari: Kuro is a 10/10, the next arc after Kizumonogatari is released is of course Nekomonogatari: Shirou, hopefully that's what SHAFT does next. ;)
Jan 4, 2013 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed the series, though I would have enjoyed it more if it actually was on a character I liked i.e (Shinobu, hitagi, actually you know what any other char as I like pretty much like all the rest). Meme pretty much explains all the reasons why I just dont like Hanekawa and I frankly never really cared for her character or ever sympathised with her.
Jan 4, 2013 9:32 AM

Nov 2012
10/10. im still speechless how genius the writer of this series is.

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Jan 4, 2013 11:54 AM
Jan 2011

Man, that's one very long Katana to handle even for a samurai.
Jan 4, 2013 11:59 AM

Oct 2007
I'm sorry but am I the only one that finds that the dialogue sounds like it was written by a total amateur that just sat down and wrote whatever he felt would be easiest to write. The redundant and pedantic nature of the dialogue and the overall prose used is just wretchedly bad at times. It's the kind of thing I'd expect a literature prof to use to illustrate exactly how not to write dialogue. Some examples:

"A Hanekawa-like -- Hanekawa.

Nothing unlike her about her.

No.

Not even once had Hanekawa ever been something other than Hanekawa.

Not even when she was unlike Hanekawa.

Not even when she didn't resemble at all Hanekawa.

Never."

What is that even supposed to mean?

I took back my previous remark -- damn.

I couldn't speak in monotone, I yelled sharply, in a scream.

I was not able to not put emotions into it.

I was not able not to succumb to my violent emotion.

I was not able not to confess to Hanekawa."

This can be cut down significantly to something like, "I was too astonished to say what I wanted to her" or something of the like unless Isin was just trying to fulfill a word/page quota which I'm starting to suspect he was. This is the sort of stuff that gets marks taken off in creative writing classes and the note, "redundant" next to it.

"Don't use a cat as a reason.

Don't use a kaii as a pretext.

Don't use a monster as a chance.

Don't use unhappiness as a drive to grow up.

Even if you did -- in the end, that would be like scratching at yourself.

The kaii -- is actually not there, you know?"

Again just starting every sentence with the same preposition is generally frowned upon not to mention that the dialogue itself comes across as largely meaningless.

"Just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, just die, nyaaaaaaaaaa!

I don't even think I need to say anything here. In the LN itself this goes on for 3 times as long as what I just posted. Having a little trouble coming up with content there Isin?
PeacingOutJan 4, 2013 12:11 PM
Jan 4, 2013 12:02 PM

Mar 2011
^ Nobody cares
Jan 4, 2013 12:07 PM

Oct 2007
Edefrem said:
^ Nobody cares

Yeah I've sort of noticed that sadly enough. It speaks volumes for why this sort of thing was ever allowed to become popular or be considered well written or even genius in any capacity. Just looks like flat out denial to me personally.
Jan 4, 2013 12:08 PM

Mar 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Edefrem said:
^ Nobody cares

Yeah I've sort of noticed that sadly enough. It speaks volumes for why this sort of thing was ever allowed to become popular or be considered well written or even genius in any capacity. Just looks like flat out denial to me personally.
;D
Jan 4, 2013 12:23 PM
Jan 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I'm sorry but am I the only one that finds that the dialogue sounds like it was written by a total amateur that just sat down and wrote whatever he felt would be easiest to write. The redundant and pedantic nature of the dialogue and the overall prose used is just wretchedly bad at times. It's the kind of thing I'd expect a literature prof to use to illustrate exactly how not to write dialogue.

funny
considering the pretentious words you use

and this is the 3rd -monogatari series
i just wanna know
why
in
the
hell
are you still watching
if it's so "REDUNDANT" and "PEDANTIC" for you?
that was a rhetoric question btw
I don't give a fuck
Jan 4, 2013 12:30 PM

Oct 2007
Mmmm I'm just loving the irrational frothing anger as a response. Seriously thank you folks and please keep it coming, it's just speaking volumes as to the type of person this show appeals to (at least the type of person that would call it "genius") and only serves to vindicate me all the more.

As for why I watched it even though obviously nobody cares and they just want this thread to be one big circle jerk to the show.... slow week and nothing else to do while waiting for the actual Winter season to start so I just popped it on and let it do it's thing. I didn't expect it to actually be that horribly written.
Jan 4, 2013 1:26 PM

May 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Mmmm I'm just loving the irrational frothing anger as a response. Seriously thank you folks and please keep it coming, it's just speaking volumes as to the type of person this show appeals to (at least the type of person that would call it "genius") and only serves to vindicate me all the more.

As for why I watched it even though obviously nobody cares and they just want this thread to be one big circle jerk to the show.... slow week and nothing else to do while waiting for the actual Winter season to start so I just popped it on and let it do it's thing. I didn't expect it to actually be that horribly written.

too each his own
Jan 4, 2013 1:27 PM

Oct 2007
mugimugi said:
You're reading just some translations you know that right? Ever read some japanese literature?
Also who are you? Shakespeare? Want some attention? Food for your ego?

Honestly no, but if people just want to rage at me I might as well be accommodating since it really doesn't bother me. Like so damn mad people...so damn mad. :/

D3ad_Fantasy said:

too each his own

Yeah basically. For the record I'm not trying to insult everyone's tastes here aside from the ones that are losing their shit over my comments cause it's hilarious to me to see them freak the fuck out. I honestly don't really care if people find this genius or not cause not everybody has the same standards for dialogue and writing. I just happen to disagree quite vehemently and think it's largely nonsense about terrible characters who I didn't care for one bit by the end. Meh....
PeacingOutJan 4, 2013 1:32 PM
Jan 4, 2013 1:29 PM

May 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
mugimugi said:
You're reading just some translations you know that right? Ever read some japanese literature?

Honestly no, but if people just want to rage at me I might as well be accommodating since it really doesn't bother me. Like so damn mad people...so damn mad. :/

D3ad_Fantasy said:

too each his own

Yeah basically.

have a nice day then chap :)

edit: btw as for the repetitive part, Alliteration is seen quite a bit in literature and poetry. If certain words were meant to drive home to the viewer then reiterating them 1000x generally does the job. Some don't like it, others need it to help amplify a message that is being brought forth. I am ofc part of the latter. Sad you didn't like the Monogatari Series cause a lot of what you had on your list was surprisingly similar to what i enjoy as well :(
AriksuJan 4, 2013 1:33 PM
Jan 4, 2013 1:38 PM

Oct 2007
D3ad_Fantasy said:

edit: btw as for the repetitive part, Alliteration is seen quite a bit in literature and poetry. If certain words were meant to drive home to the viewer then reiterating them 1000x generally does the job. Some don't like it, others need it to help amplify a message that is being brought forth. I am ofc part of the latter. Sad you didn't like the Monogatari Series cause a lot of what you had on your list was surprisingly similar to what i enjoy as well :(

Alright doing what I usually do with MAL and just replying to the person not acting like manchild. Yeah you know what, I have quite a few friends who have very similar tastes to me yet we disagree quite vehemently about the Monogatari series. However we do seem to agree that this particular entry had particularly poorly written dialogue that made it hard to really care about what was going on. It's called respecting one another's positions even though we argue about it a lot and not being obnoxious to one another just because we don't happen to see 100% eye to eye on the matter. I believe it's called being mature.....
Jan 4, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
So... the cat that posesses Hanekawa in Bakemono is another one than this one, right? The storie does kind of end the same way as this one does (Shinobu being the awesome vampire she is) but it's a different cat even though the circumstances are kind of the same, right? :O
Jan 4, 2013 1:40 PM
Feb 2012
"To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.--Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd."

If brevity is the soul of wit then why spend nearly an entire paragraph to essentially convey the sentence "If life is full of misery then is it really worth living? Are we just afraid of death?"
Jan 4, 2013 1:43 PM

May 2012
Great final episode in this short chapter! Really nice story in general and quite a nice ending! 8/10

Can't wait for Kizumonogatari!
Jan 4, 2013 1:46 PM

May 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
D3ad_Fantasy said:

Alright doing what I usually do with MAL and just replying to the person not acting like manchild. Yeah you know what, I have quite a few friends who have very similar tastes to me yet we disagree quite vehemently about the Monogatari series. However we do seem to agree that this particular entry had particularly poorly written dialogue that made it hard to really care about what was going on. It's called respecting one another's positions even though we argue about it a lot and not being obnoxious to one another just because we don't happen to see 100% eye to eye on the matter. I believe it's called being mature.....

gona move this convo to private message so that we do not stray too far from the original intent of this thread.
Jan 4, 2013 1:53 PM
Mar 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
mugimugi said:

D3ad_Fantasy said:

too each his own

Yeah basically. For the record I'm not trying to insult everyone's tastes here aside from the ones that are losing their shit over my comments cause it's hilarious to me to see them freak the fuck out. I honestly don't really care if people find this genius or not cause not everybody has the same standards for dialogue and writing. I just happen to disagree quite vehemently and think it's largely nonsense about terrible characters who I didn't care for one bit by the end. Meh....

Enjoying other people having a pretty normal reaction to your insults...you must be a pretty swell guy.

As for your insults, let's be honest first of all; what you're saying is that you don't like his style of writing. That you feel it is somehow undeserving of receiving praise from people who do enjoy that style of writing. At the end of the day, you are just complaining for no reason at all.

If something is popular but you don't like it then that doesn't mean that you are correct in claiming that it is objectively bad. Along with your pretentious and smug wording that you are clearly using with the intent to create anger, all to fuel the idea that you are correct and that the people who disagree are less cultured than yourself.

But let's ignore your issues for a moment.

Your complaint, the writing style, is a very specific one (I happen to enjoy it) which, if i had to describe it, mimics thought patterns in the way it works. The idea's we are given are not complete because the protagonist has not yet completed them, he doesn't understand them fully himself, so why should he be able to tell us in a single sentence? I also think you are forgetting that the original medium, a 'light novel' is generally written with an emphasis on speech. Not to say they all are, but that's just how they tend to be written. But in the end, it doesn't really matter, you simply can't stand the idea of something being popular and yet going against what you consider to be right.

Simply put, you are so blinded by the 'correct' way to write in your mind that anything that doesn't follow that is not worth your time. I wonder if you also believe that poetry should never have left the static rhythms of before or that anything other than a wall of prose is not worth reading?

In summary: someone like you, who has no desire to read something that isn't description ad infinitum and bland paragraphs, won't enjoy something that isn't.

I feel I've repeated the point, but, just as in Nekomonogatari, I feel you might gloss over it unless I ram it home. Though despite what you've said, I have to wonder why you continued watching for FOUR episodes if you didn't enjoy the style of writing.

I'm guessing it was just to complain.
Jan 4, 2013 3:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
While the dialogue was less humorous than in other arcs, the crazy art and sense of style, not too mention oodles of fanservice were back in usual monogatari style. I loved how they ended it right at the beggining of Bakemonogatari. Miles better than Nisemonogatari.

Black Hanekawa...pffff.....
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 4, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
This anime was not very entertaining at all but it was very unique.
Jan 4, 2013 4:42 PM

Oct 2010
not bad, not bad, i enjoyed quite a bit but was a bit of a mind fuck
Jan 4, 2013 4:55 PM

Jun 2010
Another great Monogatari . Looking forward to the next sets. 9/10
Jan 4, 2013 5:19 PM

Dec 2009
This was great, much better than Nisemonogatari.

Faith restored.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 4, 2013 5:46 PM

Jan 2012
art style is as unique as usual. amazing sound design. i like how it connected so smoothly to Bakemono. writer is a genius!

nyaa~ out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 4, 2013 6:16 PM

Jun 2009
Worst -monogatari ( not counting katana- obviously ) series to date.

First half was decent, second half - average.
Jan 4, 2013 6:28 PM

Jan 2011
i enjoyed this far more than Nise reminded me of why i enjoyed the first season so much
8/10 for me

was still blown away by the fight even if it was short *He hid the sword inside of him lol*
Jan 4, 2013 7:36 PM

May 2012
That was quite enjoyable. Bake is still the best for me though. The way they connected the ending of Neko with the beginning of Bake was awesome. And that teaser in the end. ARGGGH...
Jan 4, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
Really enjoyed Nekomonogatari. It was great to see Yoshino in his Hawaiian t-shirt again. :) Araragi being sexually frustrated was hilarious. Those Black Hanekawa fanservice moments were nice. Damn, cat-girls in lingerie... xD

Yet again Shinobu was the highlight for me. That Aberration Killer katana is one awesome long-as katana. I just loved it when Shinobu took it out of her mouth and then sat back then immediately.
Those Senjougahara cameos. :D Oh man, so hyped for Monogatari 2nd season!
Jan 4, 2013 9:37 PM

Dec 2011
If the movie was currently out as well, what order would i watch these releases in? chronological? or the order the novels were released in?
Jan 4, 2013 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Tr1ckR said:
If the movie was currently out as well, what order would i watch these releases in? chronological? or the order the novels were released in?

Release order(novel) is bake-kizu-nise-neko(kuro) and that'll be better watching in this order... but we never know when the movie comes.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 4, 2013 10:26 PM

Jun 2012
This all reminded me why I love Araragi, cant wait for the movie or the next season.

10/10
Jan 4, 2013 10:28 PM

May 2010
Shinobu is still and will alway be one of the most op Loli ever. also damn that dude got cut in half thx god there wasnt even black bars to mess ever thing up.

also Dat Neko is till to good
Jan 4, 2013 11:14 PM
Dec 2012
Awesome series! I can't wait for the movie and the rest to be animated! :)
Jan 5, 2013 12:29 AM

May 2012
it was nice. Now I feel like rewatching Bakemono. Can't for season 2 as well.
Jan 5, 2013 1:49 AM
Oct 2010
Really great, as expected from the series.

I gotta say, that was one blasphemous way to use an epic sword, no wonder Shinobu got mad.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 5, 2013 4:27 AM

Aug 2012
this may sounds random, but i shed tears after i saw her silhouette standing on the top of the stairs while the familiar piano tune playing in the background, right before the ending credits. Damn, i guess i really miss Senjougahara.. :'(

anyway, personally i think this anime is better than Nisemono, but still can't beat Bakemono which got perfect score from me. btw, the 2nd season announcement showed in the last few seconds of this episode is killing me. more reason to stay alive throughout this year lol

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jan 5, 2013 8:08 AM

May 2010
Wow Nekomonogatari doesn't betrayed my expectation 10/10 !!
Jan 5, 2013 8:57 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good shitz...... I liked it more than Nisemonogatari.....

8/10
Jan 5, 2013 10:50 AM

Oct 2010
Finally done. It was quite the trip with the graphics and all. I was not exposed to such nudity with Hanekawa since ever. This was quite the discovery. First of all in terms of the episode itself.

About the beginning, most likely what left me quite shocked at in the beginning is in the spoiler
this is all it took for a massive rage. It’s never right to hit anyone. Violence solves nothing and makes the other person suffer no matter the excuse it should not be accepted and punishment should be done. However in the classical format it will only make things worst. Ideally the person should go to jail and think things over. If that’s not enough than perhaps death is the only thing against that person, especially if that person becomes a killer for revenge in putting him in jail.

That being said certainly Hanekawa’s family is screwed in the sense that Hanekawa accepted all of it and yet it was burden to her. I would have wished Araragi would have been smarter and move out with her. Guy is 18 and I know even in Canada at 17 you can get your own place so BS! He could have fixed all that like that.

I also did not like Araragi the way he was talking to Meme. Stop insulting Hanekawa? Are you a moronic stupid shit Araragi? Meme is trying to help you and you are a shit to him? That was way pissing off for me. Meme even gave him 3 tips and he is still a idiot while talking with him. The Demon Blade Kokorowatari aka Odditybane reminded me of Sephiroth's blade. Looking at it in the spoiler
the length of it
is the dead giveaway for me.

About the fight, just the speech of Araragi in the beginning and end of the fight. PISSED ME OFF! That’s it I am yelling out murder for stress. I said at least 20 times STFU Araragi and at least 15 times GTFO Araragi you are full of shit. Most of Araragi’s speeches were shit ass annoying. Full of idealism and BS of utmost anger it’s amazing. All ideal. Araragi should meet Ayumu:
http://myanimelist.net/character/38535/Ayumu_Aikawa
They would be good together for some BL, ROFL! Jokes asides very 2 annoying paces and speeches along with the way they were told.

Hanekawa’s goodies were so well exposed it amazes me after 24hrs sleep I still have a perfect body pic of her body in my head. This means it was so well shown that all should know easily in their minds Hanekawa naked. That’s no problem but sexually exploiting her instead of other things that could be done was lame. Good for service bad for the haters of it. In regards to that for me it was a waste of time. At least it was GIF worthy to do for others.

In thee end of this long arc the following,

Is what influences me the most and made me very happy. I was smiling and cheering during that part TBH. The suffering it made the MC male was the Over 9000 joy! Being Araragi is suffering so seeing him suffer makes me happy since it brings a joy and empties the piled anger for him. Seeing Araragi bleed out and spilling out blood got me smiling. It’s rather strange but him being a vampire shit is what makes it best for me as reason to not care of him at all. I am surprised Meme did not kill him and Shinobu. Less she really is a sister of Meme himself as her last name suggests. Still saving anyone that is demon or inflicted by them is a waste of time IMO. They will only cause shit and Araragi being a exception is no excuse. He can still become unstable in the future. Who knows but Nisemonogatari shows it when he loses it out.

At the end of the fight seeing Hanekawa suffering was not good for me and worst of all why exploit her sexually of her ass and vagina? I don’t care but seemed out of place. There is ass shaking and there is ass shaking that makes it Eros. This one failed IMO. However some people like girls in orgasms but in pain at the same time. As strange as it may be I understand it but to me it did not work like that. At least the GIFs were fun to do.

About thee end, well it offers quite the interesting image stitches in the spoiler
and Hanekawa gets her official title of Black Hanekawa! Right. My final words are that Araragi is right. Both are lost causes that should be slaughtered to not bother humanity anymore. We don’t need oddities and the less of them the better. All that is needed are angels and God along with goodness. No need for shitty demons nor vampires nor shit like that. It causes harm, is ugly and their ways always involve humans to be hurt such drinking blood from them. Eating them. Attacking them to drain their energy. Steal their bodies to eat their souls and becoming them. Even with exceptions like the Phoenix, it should be noted that thing can always get wild out of control.

So Hanekawa is stuck with the damn oddity cause of her sheer will power in making it come back while it did leave her in thee end. Well that’s understandable. With all her knowledge in her brain apart from being smart enough to fully synchronize with the beast, she would be smart enough to call it back easily. At least her subconscious might have been.

Hanekawa essentially should not be Hanekawa the summoner. Now imagine she does it with a powerful like Zeus. She would the best Campione ever for sure. Aside from that Hanekawa has potential of being quite an amazing foe if she gets a powerful oddity above the the vampire rank whom is quite possible. Vampire ARE NOT the highest in the beings. There are AAA classes and even SSS ones that way above the Vampires. So yeah she could be a powerhouse danger. Good thing it’s only energy drain and physical damage to the fatal point but still limited like that. It could have been far too dangerous for a more powerful one to do the same for her.

On that end I am done. After 16 hours of fully analyzing graphics making. I got all this series very well analyzed on all aspects and have performed my duties of a graphics person, that capturing most of it for future archives. At least to see any BD vs TV differences.

In effect I have to put this at 5. It was BS compared to the other stories for me. I did give it at first 1/10 but 5 would be more suited for it. This arc really was the weakest IMO. The other ones were way better.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 5, 2013 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
In the end Hanekawa's problem with her parent's didn't get solved and we all know what happens after that still was a nice anime.
It was pretty bloody when Araragi tried to save that Hanekawa tho i guess he is a masochist especially seeing his relationship with Senjougahara.
I hope we get more of this tho wonder what happens after the last season.
Jan 5, 2013 4:18 PM

Nov 2007
Araragi delivers yet again! Great watch!

I am really looking forward to Shinobu's first encounter when Araragi's fate was sealed and he ended up becoming a vampire!

9/10 for yet another amazing segment of the gatari series. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 5, 2013 5:05 PM

Apr 2012
I am probably in the minority here but this was actually my least favorite of the three series so far. It was still entertaining; however, it failed to grab my attention as much as Bakemono or Nisemono. And, as much I usually enjoy the dialogue in this series, this was the first time that I can remember finding myself bored during some of the conversations.

But, regardless of my complaints, I would still give this a 7/10.
Jan 5, 2013 5:13 PM

Jun 2010
Hanekawa without glasses and with her hair loose is so much win!

Hitagi at the end! :D

Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu, Shinobu.

Shinobu ftw. Awesome series. 9/10 better than Nise in my opinion.

I can't be more happier when they showed that at the ending! Can't wait for the others to come! and I want more Hitagi!
Jan 5, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
of course badass shinobu would come in, save the day and look aragi look like a retard lol
Jan 5, 2013 8:37 PM

Apr 2009
"After all, I don't love Hanekawa or anything."

This is the first time I've seen Shinobu's - no, Kiss-Shot's sword. Heartspan, the Aberration Killer, was it? One epic katana. Interesting how it has no grip on the hilt. Just the exposed tang of the blade.

Damn, that was a suicidally brutal tactic by Koyomi. Hiding the epic blade inside his own body expecting Black Hanekawa to slice through him and hurt itself doing so. Their first battle was far more brutal than I expected. Tsubasa also gaining control over Black Hanekawa also surprised me. She was consciously attacking people all along?

Holy crap, it's terrifying just how strong Shinobu still is even after she's no longer the proud whole vampire that she was in Kizu. Even in her diminished state, she masterfully demonstrated the difference between the king of aberrations and what she considers small fry.

Loved the epilogue that went on to connect with one of the earliest scenes in Bakemonogatari. Hoping to see Kizumonogatari next. Before Monogatari Series: Second Season comes out.
Jan 5, 2013 8:40 PM
Nov 2010
Simply beautiful

7/10
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

122 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

122 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2012

154 by sharosharo »»
May 10, 3:05 AM

» explain pls

Tauronek - Sep 6, 2017

5 by Rob7 »»
Nov 8, 2022 5:24 PM

» Why dosent this season get much atention?

CrotakuShinobi - Nov 6, 2015

34 by mr_modest »»
Jul 14, 2021 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.