Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 31, 2012 12:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Second season where?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 31, 2012 12:49 PM

Feb 2011
After Tomoe says "May I seal a familiar's contract with you?", what else does he say? just beforse kissing Nanami? something about his heart?
Dec 31, 2012 1:06 PM

Nov 2007
The final episode was so lovely. Probably the best final episode of all three shoujo anime that aired this season. I fell in love with Nanami before but seeing her in the two dances made me fall in love with her all over again.

I was happy because they ended the anime with a kiss, and a long one too. I love it when the one initiates the kiss slightly leans away yet the one being kissed leans towards to convey mutual feelings! Like they did in the final scene. So much love!

It was satisfying to see Tomoe finally opening his heart to Nanami. Well, the way she looked in those dances, as magnificent and elegant, even the fox demon couldn't but fall for her after all! And Nanami realizing that she really belonged to the Shrine and it is now her real home! :)

Great ending to one of the most adorable shoujo anime in years! It was definitely a wonderful watch. But here I am sulking and feel like crying now that all three shoujo anime have ended. Undoubtedly the best shoujo season in years! T_T

There is a strong suggestion that there could be a second season after they went on and showed a new character. I have to find his voice cast soon, because it would probably have some good arguments on whether:

1. it was done to show the manga continues beyond this point
2. a second season is on the way because of the profile of the seiyuu (because studios won't go for a renowned seiyuu unless they have an intention of making sequels).

9/10 overall for an anime showered with so many romantic moments. It is hard to find shoujo like this one these days. The artwork, animation, story, everything reminded me of those 90s' classics. I will earnestly wait for a second season!

Until then, for Nanami!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 31, 2012 1:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Amutofan123 said:
Ah, that kiss was the most adorable and gooey thing I've ever seen ever and it was sweet and precious and I can't stop watching it.
"gooey"?! LOL
Dec 31, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2010
Great ending to a great adaption, the entire season was very enjoyable and i look forward to a possible second season.
Dec 31, 2012 4:11 PM

Aug 2011
That ending kiss! This show kept its humour and sweetness up to the very end. Nanami and Tomoe are great on-screen together. I loved the art and the character designs, plus it had me in stitches most of the time. OP and ED songs were a joy to listen to, they compliment the smooth and easy-going moods perfectly.

And to think, I was doubtful about picking this show up. I'm very glad I watched it and I hope there will be more in the future. 8/10. A wonderful show to round off 2012.
Dec 31, 2012 6:01 PM

May 2012
Decent ending... that flute again made me lol. Hope there is a second season:)
Dec 31, 2012 6:10 PM

Nov 2009
i liked the way they ended it but it was a good show maybe not to the manga readers like my self but i still enjoyed it every week but please if you liked the anime please read the manga from the beginning it really is a great manga. and maybe there will be a season 2
Dec 31, 2012 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
The freakin' flute is killing me. I swear, the flute made me bump up the score.

I'm really hoping for a second season! The final kiss felt a bit 'meh.' They could have did better.

8.5/10 for me - rounds up to 9/10
gigglingidiotDec 31, 2012 6:16 PM
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 31, 2012 8:02 PM

Jun 2007
Loved it, but hoping for another season for a bit more closure.
Jan 1, 2013 3:59 AM

Jan 2010
A very pleasant ending to a very pleasant show. I think that this was the best of its ilk this season. FWIW, I thought that both Tonari and Sukkite lost track of what they were doing and never figured out what they were going to do with their single season of episodes. This show managed to avoid that pitfall.

Some fun things this episode… the OP only lasted long enough to provide the sponsor's name. And when the ED played, during the beginning of their kiss, I couldn't really tell with any certainty, if the kiss was a long one or if the image was frozen. Then after a while, they moved, to reveal that it was a long kiss.

The spider was a little hokey. Not quite like the Tsuchigumo from Nurarihyon no Mago but that one would have been inappropriate here. The first dance seemed well animated, not so sure about the second. Both of her kimonos looked great and the transformation looked neat. It looks like Tomoe has finally stopped missing Mikage.

Finally, I think that Nanami's seiyuu did a good job with the role. Along with her role in Yuru Yuri last season, and as Himiko also this fall, I think she's handled some varied roles well. I hope she has some interesting roles lined up.
Jan 1, 2013 4:24 AM

May 2011
That was just perfect! This episode overall has been really great, but the kiss at the end was the kind of finish this series needed. This is, without a doubt, the best shoujo romance series this season! Still some things that could have been done better, but I think this really hit the mark in terms of what I'd expect from the genre for the most part. I pray this gets another season. ^^

8/10
Jan 1, 2013 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
Nice! The series was very funny and entertaining, but I couldn't really decide if I'd rate it 8/10 or 9/10.

But when I saw the ending, I was relieved and sure to give it a 9/10.
Great series with a great romatic ending. I enjoyed it very much!!
Jan 1, 2013 7:17 AM

Dec 2011
That flute... Damn, I laughed so hard!
Overall, Kamisama Hajimemashita wasn't the best adaptation I've seen, but it was satisfying. My score is 8/10.
And I wouldn't mind for second season.
Jan 1, 2013 7:33 AM

May 2012
yeah decent ending, 7/10 for me
where do we need to start in the manga to catch up?
Really want to read the manga~
Jan 1, 2013 9:01 AM
May 2012
Ending was ok, but overall good rom-com. Oh, and THAT FLUTE.

7/10.
Jan 1, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2009
SylakentH_ said:
yeah decent ending, 7/10 for me
where do we need to start in the manga to catch up?
Really want to read the manga~

I suggest just starting from the beginning. The anime skips around a lot and left out a lot of arcs.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Jan 1, 2013 10:29 AM

Aug 2011
That was a little bit rushed, but well. Nice overall, anyway.

» Escapism.

Jan 1, 2013 11:01 AM
Aug 2011
I really really enjoyed this series!

When the Fall lineup was complete, eyes were on Tonari and Sukitte.
This was just something that I thought "Meh...i'll just try out a few episodes and see." Didn't help that the animation looked cheaper in comparison but in the end it won me over the others.

It never failed to amuse.

The only little downfall it had was around episode 7 when Nanami was all head over heels for Tomoe.
I don't read the manga but it felt like her going on and crying about how much she loved him was a bit sudden.

Thankfully it picked itself up from any excessive melodrama. Unlike other shoujo this season...

I lost my shit when Mizuki went in like a boss with his flute only to get sent flying.
Tomoe was cheesy at the end there but it was cute.

I feel like some things needed to be explained further so I might pick up the manga in the future.

My own personal score would be an 8.5.
Jan 1, 2013 1:01 PM

Feb 2011
Nanami leaving the shrine felt a bit ooc for her, but the part with the flute and Kurama was too funny to mind that. The kiss at the end came unexpected but I was very happy with it.
I really hope for a second season!
Jan 1, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2012
A very beautiful ending. Loved this show.

Jan 1, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
Best shoujo series this season.

Nice ending. It fits this series well and concludes most of it, leaving space for a second season~ ;) 5/5

9/10 overall. ♥
Jan 1, 2013 8:47 PM

Feb 2010
The BEST show this season. Just stellar.

I have been hooked and obsessed since day one.

The ending was fitting; funny, some seriousness, angst, and romance.

With the appearance of that random smexy dark-haired character... I feel that there's going to be a sequel in the works.

That ending scene... <33 hnnggghh. Tomoe <3

9/10
Jan 2, 2013 7:39 AM

May 2007
The OP and ED for this anime are nice to hear, very catchy and mellow.

I wanted to finish the series so I watched the remaining episodes (eps 9 to 13) there really isn't any huge progression but you get to find out about certain details like

The anime was fun to watch and Mizuki is definitely one of my favourite characters of the series, I love it when he's troubled and it was so funny when he was being forced into the buying the overly-expensive "Cult Blessing Badge".

I'm giving this a series a score of 8/10 and I would like to see a season 2 as I want to know what happens
:D
Jan 2, 2013 8:34 AM

Nov 2012
I feel sad that this Shojo adaption is overlooked due to My Little Monster and Say "I love You". It was really entertaining to watch and had its sweet moments.

9/10 for me! Really hope it gets a 2nd season!
Jan 2, 2013 1:32 PM
Jul 2012
I love all the characters! Everyone is soo cute! But I love Tomoe the MOST! 13 episodes totally not enough, I really hope and pray that they are going to make a second season! Like Just to see Tomoe will make me Happy~~~~~
Jan 3, 2013 4:16 AM

Aug 2009
7/10, never read the manga.
I enjoyed watching this show, a good blend of comedy and seriousness that never let itself go overboard.
Only thing would be, I want to know more about Tomoe, what he is thinking, what his feelings really are.
But I guess we finally found out in the end (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
RewstonJan 3, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 3, 2013 4:36 AM

Sep 2010
8/10.

2nd half was better than 1st half. I need a season 2.
Jan 3, 2013 6:58 AM

Aug 2008
bump my score because of that kiss and ah ah ah ah ~ .. XD

8/10

I have to read the manga!
Jan 5, 2013 6:37 AM

Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this series as a whole. Though I haven't read the manga yet, I fully intend to now. I'm just really hoping for a second season as I feel like it didn't really pick up pace till half way through season one and although the ending was alright I would like to see a little more fulfilling ending. 8/10 ♥
Jan 5, 2013 12:25 PM

Apr 2011
Please god, let there be second season!
Jan 6, 2013 1:37 AM

Oct 2007
OMG I love that ending!!! somewhere in me the fan girl is screaming GAHHH!
Jan 6, 2013 8:14 AM

Jan 2011
I enjoyed this so much, this has to be one of the most enjoyable shows that I've seen in a while.
9/10 as I solely rate based on enjoyability (aka: overrating everything).
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 11, 2013 7:01 AM

Oct 2010
I want a S2 now!!!!!!!!!!!! xD
Jan 12, 2013 1:29 AM

Sep 2011
Jan 13, 2013 2:32 AM

Jun 2012
Decent ending, extremely predictable though. I'm so glad I finally finished it. It's my own opinion, but I really didn't like Nanami, one of my most disliked characters. And of course, the main character is important to the series. Ignoring that, I feel like the romance wasn't ever in much depth, as Tomoe was mostly indifferent.
My favorite scene in this episode was Mizuki and helping her dance with the flute, haha
episode- 4/5 (ignoring that I dislike everything about Nanami).

Jan 15, 2013 5:19 AM

May 2012
The ending was okay ^^
still hoping for a season two though ~
Jan 19, 2013 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
13 eps seem to little yeah, there's no doubt about that ( they could put some fillers into it or build the side stories of characters) but:
At first she did not accept her position, had no home, was in platonic love with Tomoe and all they did was living in Shrine.
At the end she loved being Deity, saw Shrine as home and Tomoe felt in love with her.
THE END.

Season 2? As I said: more fillers, side stories. Wind monster said "see you again" and there was some new characters at the end so...we will see.

Hope it won't be lost potential as Accel World was.
Jan 24, 2013 4:48 AM

Oct 2011
magnificent!!! 9 o' 10 for tears, romance, and comedy...........
Jan 30, 2013 11:58 PM

Jun 2011
It's kinda pointless for Nanami to leave her home if she's gonna go back just like that, and that OP -.-' Mood breaker.
witchhuntress said:

WHAT ELSE CAN CONVINCE PEOPLE TO READ THE MANGA??

NANAMI LIKE THIS BELOW

You're desperate :p

Kari426 said:
FREAKING LOVED THE ENDING!! I screamed so loud at the end!!

So did I :D

I also liked how Nanami pushed Tomoe back a little in their kiss scene in the end.. XD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 5, 2013 12:25 AM

Mar 2012
DAT. KISS. OH MY GOD IM GIGGLING LIKE AN IDIOT

I'm so happy rn, and at the same time, I'm so furking sad. I HAVE TO WAIT FOR A NEW CHAPTER AND FOR A NEW SEASON.
Feb 12, 2013 6:54 AM

Mar 2010
Ok, this was probably the biggest anime surprise for me yet. I love the story and the characters, they feel realistic. The jokes were hilarious. ~fuuu And character interactions were amazing. I also really liked Nanami (the first time in any shoujo I like the heroine). I loved how she took the initiative in the first episode and when she realised she liked him. Anime industry needs more shoujo female leads like this. My only regret is that she was a damsel in distress for most of the anime. It felt weird considering how "strong" she seemed in the first episode.

This last "arc" felt like a typical anime-only ending. Everyone was in the episode, it was extremely cheesy and stupid for most of the time. (Aside from ~fuuuu and Nanami's lame dancing XD) The kiss at the end was so stupid it hurt. It looked as if it was stolen from a cheap hollywood romance film. Actually, the whole arc felt that way. Especially with Mikage's butterflies. Even Mikage himself said that if Tomoe knew he was there, he would kick him. And Tomoe smiles? WTF?

The show would probably get 9 from me if it wasn't for the last arc. But even so, this is MUCH more than I usually rate romance. I never thought I would actually see a day in which I would like a romance anime this high. Something's wrong with me. 8/10
Feb 16, 2013 2:11 PM

Oct 2012
Best episode is the last one, yeah! Nice ending of this show! :)

7/10 overall!
Feb 17, 2013 7:20 AM
May 2011
So uhm, Who was that guy with the black hair Mizuki sold the mask to?
it hinted he was someone at least somewhat important, or maybe a cameo from another anime?
or maybe he's just a character I dont yet know about from the manga?
Dunno.
Can anyone tell meh?
Feb 22, 2013 12:54 AM

Jun 2010
OriginANIME said:
@end

Now I am waiting the second season :')
Mar 2, 2013 5:19 PM

Jul 2011
I LOVED IT!!!!! i mean i really loved it she was sooo beautiful and dat ending kiss DAMN! it was so long i was like TAKE IT TO THE BED lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i loved this series thank you megan for recommending it even though i said i didnt feel like watching it and i was in a bad mood!!! this really cheered me up!!! im gonna read the manga now!!! can't wait for season 2!!!
Mar 25, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
It was a cute little series. I probably would have enjoyed it more when I was a teenager, but it was cute nonetheless.

6/10 (Using a full 1-10 rating scale and not just 7-10). It was cute, it was nice, but it wasn't anything amazing (and I think I'm just a little too old for this sort of thing). I would still highly recommend it to any teenage girl, and I have many times. =)
Mar 26, 2013 5:46 AM

Nov 2012
I quite liked this anime. I wouldn't say it was anything particularly mindblowing, just another romcom, really... but, I liked the character designs a lot. The various yokai were great.

I'm sure there will be a second season! Everyone has pretty much already said why, so I won't repeat it. I look forward to seeing it!

Apr 5, 2013 12:05 AM

Feb 2013
What a great anime. Never got bored watching it. The story has great pacing and the romantic and comedic aspects don't overpower each other. The romance was also very satisfying. Great ending too with a long kiss. Hope there;s a season 2.

Also why isn't this anime classified in the Romance genre?
~ El Psy Congroo~

Apr 23, 2013 3:26 AM
Jul 2018

Damn, its finished. Better to catch up with the manga soon.
Anyway, love that end. *squeals*

8/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2012

88 by melkarakas »»
Apr 4, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2012

62 by Karva1 »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2012

74 by Karva1 »»
Mar 6, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

164 by Karva1 »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

» This needs to be addressed

Furuhashi1 - Feb 29

10 by fruitsbasketidk »»
Mar 4, 6:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.