Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 2, 2022 4:37 PM
Dec 2021
this is an amazing anime. What a good one this is. Wow. Amazing!!!
Jun 18, 2022 3:54 PM

May 2021
From the start, I knew "just read the manga" was the best way to experience Claymore. But I wanted to give the anime a try, I heard it was pretty good until episode 19 or so.

And I agree, until episode 19 it was almost a masterpiece of its time. Even the animation holds up well 15 years later, Studio Madhouse flexed their muscles in this show. Soundtrack rocks, characters are smart and survival is hard, any mistake can cost your life.

At the Invasion of Pieta, writing and production start to fall apart. Rigaldo sends his army and watches, then he sends his army to watch and he fights. He only gets serious after losing a damn arm, and Raki is totally useless. He travels kilometers to see Clare, but gets scared and doesn't stop her or say something to Clare.

I knew that the end will be trash, but I didn't expect a bland open-ended trash ending for such a brutal, dark and complex series. At least I expected Priscilla and Claire to both die in the battle, that would have been at least 1% enjoyable. But to not even see Priscilla dead. When Raki hugged Clare, Priscilla should have taken Clare's head right there if the show had any writers left in the room. But the elephant in the room is that Clare promised a lot of dead and alive people that she will accomplish her revenge to kill Priscilla, she failed even that.

Episode 8 had one of the best executed plot twists I've seen, simply amazing writing. Claymore deserved a better end, but I don't regret watching the anime, the first 19 episode were top tier dark fantasy.

I guess I will start reading the manga, it should bring me some closure.
Jul 5, 2022 2:18 AM
Jun 2019
I love this series, from start to mid 10/10. but when entering the final round- it started when raki met priscilla, I had a bad feeling. from that moment I understood how this series would end. but c'mon man! I rly hate raki!! I don't really like priscilla, but I hate raki even more! his actions really pissed me off.
Jul 9, 2022 4:49 PM

Jul 2022
I watched Claymore twice, I really enjoyed it, but the finale was really bad. Almost everyone hated Raki all show long, here it' s worse!
Aug 16, 2022 4:35 PM
Sep 2019
Non-canon and all around disappointing.
Sep 18, 2022 1:13 PM

Nov 2020
I don't know what to tell tbh I would be more satisfied with normal ending like in the manga (I mean the ending of this Battle of the North arc). I am little dissapointed with the ending and with the battle, I'm sure they could have made a better work especially for the last episode. First 20 or so episodes were amazing like 10/10 because it followed manga but after Raki met up with Priscilla and Isley everything went downhill tbh. It was still a pretty good anime but i suggest for people to read manga!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Nov 12, 2022 3:01 PM

Dec 2018
the last parts of this arc have really been bad. i thought the ending was okay, but it just felt weird and out of place. i just really was getting into the show when it suddenly pumped the brakes. i'm not sure how else to put it.
Apr 12, 2023 3:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Jean's sacrifice was great, sad ending though but Claire is safe... it's been 16 years and no sequel :(
May 28, 2023 8:29 AM

Mar 2020
I've never hated a character as much as this one Raki the shitty character who serves no purpose until the end in fact it's aberrant!!!!
Jun 27, 2023 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
After rewatching the series, I don't think the Clare vs Priscilla fight was initially as bad as I remembered, but Priscilla's defeat was so dumb. She has the advantage for most of the fight and then Clare remembers Teresa and instantly shitstomps her. So much for the strongest Awakened Being ever, especially compared with manga Priscilla.

It's funny they tried to give the anime some closure, but left a lot of plot threads hanging (Isley, Riful & Dauf, the last Abyssal, the numbers 1 and 2 from the Organization...). At this point it's impossible, but I hope Claymore gets a reboot some day. The Madhouse anime was a good adaptation till the last three episodes, but it's a shame it ended the way it did.
Sep 23, 2023 10:03 AM

Jul 2016
Yeah... this was bad. Even though I goddamn knew Raki would jump in to protect the human-eating girl he just met for like a day, it was still infuriating to see him stopping Clare from achieving the goal of her life. Congrats, Raki. You just ruined the whole purpose of this damn journey.

Overall, Claymore ended up being quite disappointing for me.
Characterization was so poor I never got attached to any of the characters besides Teresa (who was the only decently written one), Clare was a plain MC with notorious plot armour, Raki was unbearable from beginning to end, most of the backstories felt repetitive and Priscilla as antagonist was a joke.
Not to mention how lacklustre most of the fights were, by the way.

3/10 - Not gonna lie, I think the only aspects I liked about this series were Teresa, some OST tracks, some Kakuseisha designs (Jean and Ophelia's, especially) and both OP and ED songs.
Oct 26, 2023 8:05 AM
Apr 2023
i swear to god roki has to be the most annoying character in the hole show like holy shitt stop having your gary-sue moment and move aside let clare murder presila.
Nov 5, 2023 3:12 PM
Mar 2021
good.........................................
Apr 7, 11:05 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Ashhk
Jean's sacrifice was great, sad ending though but Claire is safe... it's been 16 years and no sequel :(
@Ashhk Ariadne of the Blue Sky ended recently, so maybe (hopefully) Norihiro Yagi will finally revisit the series after all this time.
Apr 23, 7:36 PM

Apr 2017
Tbh, it's a 7/10. It's better than average, but I'll be honest, Raki drags this anime down. I don't know why he even had fans, considering that he's the weakest part of this anime, figuratively and literally.
Apr 29, 9:17 AM
Apr 2024
bad ending in my opinion
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

86 by TigersAndDragons »»
May 4, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 27, 2007

98 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.