Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]
Jul 25, 2022 6:41 PM
Jul 2022
Ugh I loved Yuki so much. I'm telling you I actually enjoyed her character more then Akane. Akane is such a goody twoshoes she couldn't go outside what she has been taught her entire life. Man that sucks. This episode prob has the highest shock value of all but maybe the last one considering this has more comments then any other episode besides the last. Really good arc but damn I wish her friend survived, her friend had some main character energy for sure, ballsy of them to dispose of her in such a fucked up way. Show is great though, second time watching it after 10 years or so. Enjoying the ride though I forgot how gruesome it could get, smh. RIP Yuki
Jul 28, 2022 1:30 AM

Mar 2018
Nice to see this show continue on it's EP.1 seed of questioning the ethics and methods of the Sibyl System. As much as I enjoy the Detective Crime aspect of the show, it's Psychological messages are much more interesting to me so I look forward to what seems to be the show leaning more on this aspect from here on out
Aug 4, 2022 4:00 AM
Aug 2022
These past few episodes have been hella trippy, but I think this one took the place for my favorite episode in the show (mine used to be episode 5, the one with s p o o k i e b o o g i e)
Aug 6, 2022 10:06 PM

Jan 2021
Are fucking shitting me she couldn’t pickup the goddamn shotgun with both hands and shoot? Why not at least the inspectors carry a regular gun around for occasions like this. I’ve never been more mad at an anime in my life holy shit.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 5, 2022 1:25 PM
Jun 2022
The plot with Akane really killed the whole mood of the episode. It was just way too far fetched from what would have happened in reality. Just really a mood killer.
Sep 6, 2022 12:49 AM
Nov 2019
No words, this episode is the peak of this anime(for now)
Sep 19, 2022 4:09 PM

Feb 2017
i understand that this was meant to basically teach akane that the sibyl system is flawed but omfg this was so infuriating to watch!! rip yuki

placeholder text
Oct 18, 2022 1:52 PM
Sep 2016
All the comments on crunchyroll about Akane make me mad. They talk about how she's weak for not doing anything but she did. She just failed. Besides guns like that heavier than they look so aiming is difficult PLUS the radius of shotguns she would have missed at that range no matter what. Or hit her friend. Low IQ 0 logic people lol

I don't enjoy being this bitter. My apologies.
Nov 8, 2022 11:04 PM
Feb 2022
I very much disliked this episode, but that's probably why this episode was so good objectively.

Nov 29, 2022 10:02 PM

Jun 2020
Spicelit said:
Are fucking shitting me she couldn’t pickup the goddamn shotgun with both hands and shoot? Why not at least the inspectors carry a regular gun around for occasions like this. I’ve never been more mad at an anime in my life holy shit.

congrats, u missed the entire premise of this episodes meaning. u cant hate akane for being unable to step out of the social constructs and conventionalities she was taught her entire life, especially when beckoned by someone who has a knife to her friend's throat.
Nov 29, 2022 10:34 PM

Jan 2021
hik1komori said:
Spicelit said:

congrats, u missed the entire premise of this episodes meaning. u cant hate akane for being unable to step out of the social constructs and conventionalities she was taught her entire life, especially when beckoned by someone who has a knife to her friend's throat.
I understood why she didn’t, but that scene was just so infuriating but also necessary. I’ve come to “appreciate” that scene for how much of a threat it makes Makishima look physically and psychologically. Btw I don’t hate Akane, don’t know where you got that from.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jan 23, 2023 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
This is the episode that made me stop and realize that this show goes far beyond sci-fi action. That climax was incredible
Feb 21, 2023 8:17 PM
Oct 2017
First I was going to say that Sybil system doesn't take into account Antisocial personality disorder exist, I would guess this is the case since it would cause you to not experience empathy, or something along those lines, but since I am not sure how the Sybil system works I am going to retract myself of this assumption and say that the show is going directly into mcguffin type of system where what they are trying to explore is that you cannot leave the decision of taking a life to a machine, you have to do it yourself, and that is why Sybil has not been properly explained, because it is not about how it would be detected, but about the responsibility itself a human has over another human and their crimes.

I thought the villains were pretty cartoonist and one dimensional and that the show was going to continue with this type of silly type of police drama/action with over the top antagonists, but if this is the direction the show is going, I think there is a very compelling conflict to explore in the next episodes and I am excited to learn more about it even when the main antagonist is a bit generic for my taste, there is still a great atmosphere and fantastic action.

Also I am impressed by the fact they did in fact kill the girl and didn't Deus Ex Machina the whole thing, this show shows promise.
Mar 14, 2023 11:47 PM

May 2021
I don't know how will Akane recover from that. To put it cruelly, should I say she was partially responsible for Yuki's death? For her to just let Yuki die... 

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

May 26, 2023 2:39 AM

Apr 2013
So the big baddy cannot be judged because... that's how it always was? lol
Jun 15, 2023 8:50 AM
Jun 2023
I understand that crime coefficient measures the likeliness of a person to commit a crime. How couldn't the system register a man holding a knife at a woman's neck as illegal behaviour with a high likelihood of becoming worse? We're not talking about brain imagery, soul reading, etc. It's a simple matter of a man holding a knife at a woman's neck, also cutting her back to torture her.
Jun 15, 2023 8:51 AM
Jun 2023
I understand that crime coefficient measures the likeliness of a person to commit a crime. How couldn't the system register a man holding a knife at a woman's neck as illegal behaviour with a high likelihood of becoming worse? We're not talking about brain imagery, soul reading, etc. It's a simple matter of a man holding a knife at a woman's neck, also cutting her back to torture her.
Jun 19, 2023 5:09 PM

Dec 2022
The fact that this thread had so many responses pretty much spoiled me on what would happen in this episode. I could tell it wouldn't kill off any of the main characters, but Yuki was just one of Akane's friends, and was already kidnapped and in a precarious situation in the previous episode. Cute chicks don't last long in this universe, unfortunately.

I'd normally be surprised to see a character have such a low crime efficient in that situation, especially when they're malicious nutcases, but Shougo is already written to be omnipotent, so I expected it. Next episode should have a scene of him pissing rainbows and blowing up cities with a click of his fingers, just in case anyone still doesn't get the point.

I wonder how Akane will handle this. The usual sequence for these traumatic protagonist experiences is to have them lament everything for an episode or two, and then eventually pull themselves out from the rut, but maybe this anime will go a different route? I'm interested in seeing what happens next.

ο½²δΉ‡εˆ€δΉ‡δΉƒε°ΊοΎ‘δΉ‡
㊎ ㊰
☽ Shaded Horizon ☾

Jun 25, 2023 2:14 PM
May 2017
this is the best chapter
Jul 14, 2023 4:13 PM

Aug 2019
Makishima’s crime coefficient levels kept decreasing each time Akane pointed the dominator gun at him. He’s something else for sure.

I truly feel terrible for Akane since she lost one of her closest friends and I know she will never be able to forgive herself.
Jul 28, 2023 3:25 PM
Aug 2022
Baaaalllzzz!!! What an episode, i looovveee how he shines. Amazing villain. Best episode thus far.

Stupid bunny girl, go kill yourself, omg those uncontrollable shaking, my god just how incompetent are you. I despise you.

And weve already seen him shirtless a hundered times, put on some blanket on the man under the snow, he suffers blood loss dammit. Thats very gay.

Aug 27, 2023 1:27 PM
魔法少ε₯³

Nov 2020
I know it's consistent with her character, so I can't hate the writers for how the scene played out. I also recognize how scared Akane was feeling at that moment. Still, I am so infuriated with her right now for letting her friend die like that, when she literally had the capability to prevent it.

✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* 𝐼𝒻 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 π“‰π‘’π“π“π“ˆ 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’π“ˆ 𝒢 π“‚π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰π’Άπ“€π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝒽𝒢𝓋𝑒 π’½π‘œπ“…π‘’,
π“Œπ‘’π“π“ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž’𝓇𝑒 π“Œπ“‡π‘œπ“ƒπ‘”. *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧
πšπšŽπš•πš’πšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ
πš—πšŽπš πšœπš•πšŽπšπšπšŽπš›πšœ
Aug 28, 2023 5:51 AM

Jul 2012
Those cyborg guy still alive I guess, his half part still hidden somewhere and not broken..

Baka Akane still depending on the system.. How stupid, like most..
I wonder how his social credit / criminal score still low..
Does it only scan based on angry / killing instict? When u killing while didn't have intent to kill or like killing your own emotion..? I still didn't get it how this system scan human based on..

Jan 19, 4:39 AM
Jun 2023
Who would have expected... the premise of the show is that the final villain is equipped with plot armor and the protagonist who isn't good at doing her job and keeps getting carried by Shinya. Aaaand guess what? Plot armor will always defeat the sibyl thing.
Feb 19, 7:07 PM
Aug 2023
This is why "Smart Guns" with "Smart Safeties" suck ass.

And how incompetent are the enforcers? They have the whole place swarming with robots, and the main bad guy still gets away. The robot which delivered the gun to Kougami found him in minutes, but the main bad guy runs away from Akane after killing her friend for mere moments and gets away.

Let me guess, the main bad guy is totally untraceable after this, they can't even check the cameras nor psycho-pass scanners (which are supposedly everywhere) for somebody leaving the area during an exact timeframe to catch him. It doesn't matter if his rating is low, they know the exact time frame, there should be a log of everybody passing through the area, investigate them all, there shouldn't be so many people. But of course they're going to be too incompetent to do this.
Feb 27, 2:17 PM
Aug 2021
This is the first episode worthy of a 5/5. So far this anime has been 3/4s. I love this man as a villain I would have to put him in my top 20. Bro knows how to break a mind. "You have disappointed me. Now I will have to punish you." THEN PROCEEDS TO SLIT HER THROAT EFFORTLESSLY. A cool detail was the more conviction he had with his words and actions the more sane he became according to the scanners. I love how he is literally destroying this dystopian society in such a messed up way, but at the same time is he really wrong? If she thought for herself and acted upon her own will she would still have a friend. He gave her the option and she chose to not take a life. She made the decision to sacrifice her own friend rather than have free will. She let her friend die. Yes, he killed her but the blood is on her hands.
May 3, 5:19 PM

Jul 2022
Ah, the eldest European values - hunting people for sport while Ode To Joy plays softly in the background, but of course!

OOOOOOHHH so this show starts to make sense [within our real world understanding] when the true villain gets introduced, i like it i like it. And really what he talks about with Akane is something i've wondered abt myself since the beginning of the show - psychopaths and sociopaths don't experience physiological changes [aka stress] when the do "bad things" the same way average people do, so the System would not be able to catch them anyway.

Okay, i need to stop over-analyzing this show [even though it's been asking me to] because it's easy to find flaws in it, just fucking enjoy the ride!
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.