Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2012 7:24 AM

Feb 2012
u know i was really starting to kinda get bored but this episode was so fcuking good 10/10 :D
Dec 21, 2012 7:39 AM

Oct 2012
I will give this a 8/10, the end was nice and the kiss was awesome, hoping for the second season.
Dec 21, 2012 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
I don't know but to me this show waas just unexpectedly AWESOME! I really don't see any flaws, I guess it just hit my taste.
10/10 for me and I really hope for a second season. Chances seem to be pretty good considering how they put that "Continue?" in the end.

Best Anime of the season (I hope nobody bitches about that but that's just my opinion) YET. I guess only Little Busters can turn out better in the end.
Dec 21, 2012 8:11 AM

Aug 2011
The ending was definitely better than I expected. It had a satisfying conclusion and that's all I wanted, considering the manga is ongoing. Hopefully we get a season 2!
Dec 21, 2012 8:44 AM
Jan 2011
That's all folks.

RIP for Taira
Dec 21, 2012 8:47 AM

Oct 2010
AWesome anime , well summed up satisfying ending for incomplete story considering its manga is Ongoing , It cudnt have been any better ! 10/10 from Me ! Its only a matter of time that we get season 2
PersiusDec 21, 2012 8:51 AM
Dec 21, 2012 9:08 AM

Mar 2012
who sings the new opening?
Dec 21, 2012 9:16 AM

Sep 2012
Hyodou said:
who sings the new opening?
The same person who sings the OP for the first 11 episodes. I think Nano is her name.

For this episode I have a feeling that if it is done as a TV drama in the west the two would already have had sex, but I think it is better kept like how they ended up in the anime. This shows how far Sakamoto has really grown up to be more sensitive of other people's feelings.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 21, 2012 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Damn i got chills when the opening song started playing at the end. I really like that song. Can't wait for the next season :)
Dec 21, 2012 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Fiji said:
Yay! They got together in the end!
SO good!

Feel bad for Taira, but that is what karma is!

Love the series. You can really feel the emotion especially the desperation of characters.

9/10 for me!

just needs a second season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2012 10:34 AM

Nov 2011
Poor Taira-san! His character was well done though, so it was a fitting conclusion.

I hope there's a 2nd season! Hearing this hasn't done well in Japan is a little discouraging...
Dec 21, 2012 10:48 AM

Jul 2012
They better have a second season, or i'm crying myself to sleep for weeks ........:_(
Dec 21, 2012 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
Ryouta is such a nice and a caring character and I have to say that I am impressed when he decided he won't do anything to Himiko until they escape the island. I don't think I would be able to resist my temptation if I was in the same Situation so good for him.

This episode was emotional and the ending was nice so I am hoping for a second season. Overall I thought this series was a 9/10...I enjoyed it a lot!
Dec 21, 2012 11:52 AM

Oct 2012
Elite60 said:

Hmm, very interesting... Feels like they are prepping for a new season down the line.

But "Credit 0" might imply that they don't have enough funds for the second season doens't it?
Dec 21, 2012 12:00 PM

Aug 2012
Suzie said:
And Taira is randomly surrounded by those annoying crocodiles

...lol you mean kimono dragons which hunt at night and are drawn to blood, yeah how random that would never happen
Dec 21, 2012 12:08 PM

Oct 2010
Clouded-Flame said:
let's not forget that ryouta is 22 and himiko is 15.
.___.

and that ending. THAT WAS NOT OKAY.

(-_- #) Lets not also forget that Japan has a totally different outlook on that issue. Enjo kyosai is a good example.
Dec 21, 2012 12:14 PM

Dec 2008
Can someone let me know if the guy who was in the helicopter at the end was Ryota's real father? I don't know why but I have a feeling that was hinted since they mentioned him earlier in the episode! I gots to know!
Dec 21, 2012 12:16 PM

Dec 2008
Mispelled said:
Elite60 said:

Hmm, very interesting... Feels like they are prepping for a new season down the line.

But "Credit 0" might imply that they don't have enough funds for the second season doens't it?

Yeah I feel like something like that's going down. :l Or there won't be another season for a while.
Dec 21, 2012 12:24 PM

Jul 2012
Nice ending. Nice series overall. So far it scored the highest out of the two fall animes I've watched so far.

Still deciding if it deserves 8 or 9. At times, it's written really well and at other times it's not.
Dec 21, 2012 12:34 PM

May 2007
Episode 10 to 12, pretty much exactly how the manga was done, it used up 50 chapters but it did take away 2 key scenes (well more like one big scene that takes up about 10 pages of the chapter) such as the reappearance of the rape scene when Himiko's old friends were being raped and Himiko and Ryouta's bonding whilst playing BTOOOM!, I reckon they didn't choose to show the rape scene and tried to convey her feelings and reactions about having sex using flashbacks of when she freaked out when she was touched by the guys on the island. As for the scenes in the virutal world of BTOOOM! not appearing is probably to save time since the episode condensed 2 and a half chapters of the manga, it also didn't animate the flashback scenes with Taira's and his family in the chapter.

Overall, the anime was incredibly faithful to the manga and one of the reasons I enjoyed the series more, I tend not to like deviations from the manga material in most cases because it tends to ruin it.

My score for this series is a 9/10, well deserved with a great soundtrack, awesome fanservice provided by the busty Himiko and brilliant story that made me read the manga earlier this month.

The series will most likely not get a 2nd season unless the manga is going strong after 3 years, the first season used all of volume 8 and a chapter of volume 9. The manga serialization used to be weekly and is currently monthly for over 2 years now. I don' know if this manga will go on for another 3 years, I wouldn't mind to be honest but if it does and is still popular, I reckon the series will get a 2nd season. However, for now I reckon in a year or so, there will probably be an OVA series that covers the current story ark that's still going on.
Dec 21, 2012 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
Not bad but not great either. good ending for the season and good new OP(too bad they didn't bother to make a proper video for it)
Dec 21, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
What?! How can it be the end? I want to watch more! D:
I hope "Btooom!" have a 2nd season.
Dec 21, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
Great ending
Dec 21, 2012 1:26 PM

May 2007
No season 2 in the immediate future.
Dec 21, 2012 1:27 PM
Oct 2011
A great ending for an average anime. A 6/10 from me.

It seems Madhouse is saying at the end "If you want a 2nd season, then our credits is zero, buy the BDs/DVDs and we'll think about making a new season or a movie when the series is over, it's your choice", well that's at least what I understood.

So, I read that 2 Kira vs Ryouta fights were skipped, could someone tell me from which chapters they were?
Dec 21, 2012 1:28 PM

Jun 2010
yes!
~MoChiQuacHiE~♥
Dec 21, 2012 1:29 PM
Feb 2012
I'd be excepting S2 around mid/late 2013 maybe?
Anyhow looking forward to it, I'd rather not be forced to read the manga to finish the story because the anime is quite well made and probably one of the better animes out there.
Dec 21, 2012 1:39 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Awwww damn! It actually left on a cliffhanger! I loved the ending. This show as a whole was great. It kept you on the edge of your seat every episode, and never failed to make your jaw drop in shock. I can't wait for the second season.

I give BTOOOM! A 9/10

The game has only just begun...
Dec 21, 2012 2:38 PM

Jul 2012
Gonna add to my previous post: Oh god that kiss scene was pretty.
Dec 21, 2012 2:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was a good place to end it considering that the manga is ongoing. Himiko and Ryouta looked very together.

Loved the last scene. You want season 2?? Buy the series then so we can make it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 21, 2012 2:50 PM
Apr 2012
I need know how is the Name of that Opening Music!!!!!
Dec 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Oct 2012
I feel sorry for Taira.
And we definately need seseon 2!
"But there's nothing wrong to worrying. It's like a wall you need to overcome, to make it to the next level. If you're running up against that wall, it means you're moving forward. I wonder how many walls I've broken up until now, but if you wont move yourself, you will never get anywhere." - Aiko Muto

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PersonX&sclick=1]
Dec 21, 2012 3:28 PM

Aug 2010
Love this anime, hope for 2nd season
And the kissing scene was awesome :D
Dec 21, 2012 4:07 PM
Oct 2009
darkmachine said:
Suzie said:
And Taira is randomly surrounded by those annoying crocodiles

...lol you mean kimono dragons which hunt at night and are drawn to blood, yeah how random that would never happen

Ah yeah it's not that it doesn't make sense that they'd be there.. They just feel anti-climatic, and only pop up when needed lol.
Dec 21, 2012 4:22 PM

Sep 2012
Really average anime. I expected more when I read the synopsis.

5/10
Dec 21, 2012 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
Noo Taira man he was a cool guy that kinda feeling would happen to anyone who was left out for so long.
But the way he died was stupid all the camodo dragons appearing out of nowhere was stupid way to kill him off.
Still should have banged her though.......he's going to regret that now he won't ever get to tap that until they get out.
However I hate how they draw women in this show all of them these big circle faces ....like damn
However that crazy martial arts chick could get it.
Dec 21, 2012 5:01 PM

Jul 2009
A sequel give me a sequel!!
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Dec 21, 2012 5:15 PM

Aug 2011
What, is that the ending? No! I want more!

Anyway, I REALLY like the idea of having a new opening specifically for the finale. Along with the quick recap of events, it gives a lot of weight to what's going to happen next. The kiss was quite sudden but at least there was one. The best resolution about this episode is that Sakamoto and Himiko got together but apart from that, I have a lot of unanswered questions.

It's hard to think that my first impressions of this show was negative. I'm very glad they only spent a short moment focusing on the Btooom game world at the beginning. Showing us the rules and bomb types in the real-world was the best way to teach us about it, for me at least.

I really enjoyed this show because it's not afraid of exploring what is usually taboo. Sexual abuse and a teenage psychopath on an idyllic sunny island. Plus, survival games are just my thing. It was interesting to see the cast of characters and their different outlooks on the game and how they interact with one another. The ending was severely lacking but I guess its catching up took quickly with the manga. 6/10.

I'd like to see a second season, absolutely. There are still many notable characters to explore and I'm especially interested in knowing more about the company staff at the end. This series almost felt like an introduction, and if what I hope eventually comes true, then its continuation will be the main event. As nano sings: "The game has only just begun."
Dec 21, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome Madhouse. That opening and the ending scene.

I finally understand why I'm not quite fond of the Btooom! Anime. Its because it got a perfect adaptation from Madhouse. I guess that's why the series was a bit boring for me.

But I still love this series. The Anime ended exactly in the last translated volume. I certainly hope for a second season.

I can't really sum up what I am thinking right now. Anyways, 7/10. It was a fun ride.

Btw, Himiko x Ryouta ftw.
Dec 21, 2012 5:49 PM

Sep 2008
AiCon said:
Good ending... if it wasn't the end of the season.

all said...
well, it was a great anime, 9/10 for me, just because of this ep iwanted to rate it 8...but it was too amazing for that, just that endong...-1
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 21, 2012 6:06 PM

Jan 2008
Expected hot steamy action. Got nothing. WHY!?

On a serious note, it was a ok ending, nothing amazing but not exactly bad, plenty of space for a second season.
Dec 21, 2012 6:32 PM

May 2012
I want season 2! I want season 2!!!!
Dec 21, 2012 6:45 PM
May 2012
I liked it, not loved...cuz i don't like cliffhangers u-u

S2 Please.
Dec 21, 2012 6:48 PM

Jul 2011
I liked every episode of it! I want second season now but the manga material isn't enough.

A solid 8.5/10 for me.
Dec 21, 2012 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good episode, and satisfying ending for season 1 (if there will be another season).
It wasn't any epic battle like with Oda, but one of Ryouta's dear friends died, so it is a tragedy. How saddening, being left alone all of the time, vulnerable to death, as Taira was.
I think it wasn't too exciting that Ryouta finally realized Himiko's identity. I like that they now fully support each other by the end of the series, but it's via realizing Himiko is the in-game Himiko. I think it should have been something more meaningful, but that's just my opinion.
I also like the ending, sort of a hint of another season (would make sense, as many characters are still left on the island, including the main ones). I may be have misunderstood, but that was Ryouta's father on the helicopter, correct? That will be interesting to see, along with the different alliances formed on the island. We may also see Oda against Ryouta, round two.
I seriously thought this series was going to end at a short 12 episodes, so I'm very glad that there may be a season two to finish it.
episode-4/5.
series- probably 7/10, give or take 1.

Dec 21, 2012 7:25 PM

Apr 2011
Dat kiss was unexpected, never read the manga. Hoping for the second season now.

Love how they put Himiko's boob effect in the new OP lol

Great series 9/10
Dec 21, 2012 7:33 PM

Feb 2012
Liked the ending :D
And Kira shown like a badass~
Season is possible... so it all comes down to sales I guess? Oh right, and material to adapt, which manga readers said will take atleast 1 1/2 more year...

New OP = 2nd Season OP if ever there will?
Dec 21, 2012 8:35 PM

Mar 2012
I'm a little unsatisfied with the ending..even if they're planning a second season. But I guess they ended it that way to make room for it anyway :\
Poor Taira, I wonder if his family died, making him more vulnerable to his mental breakdown and abandonment issues.
Dec 21, 2012 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
Suzie said:
So.. Taira decides to kill Ryouta and Himiko after having weird visions of his family. Then Ryouta thinks it's his fault the old man felt anxious and was attacking them, even though he's only saved his life a bunch of times. And Taira is randomly surrounded by those annoying crocodiles and kills himself because I don't know. <<;; OK episode I guess. The kiss was nice, but then.. Ryouta, while on top of Himiko, having an emo internal dialog with an illusion of Oda must've been really awkward for Himiko?? He was like, giving angry looks to the side for no reason. I'd be worried about his mental health.
The doctor mentioned that Taira's chance of survival was slim, and he kept referring to him as the "nearly dead guy." Taira probably realized he was likely going to die soon from his injuries. Plus, Taira did feel anxious that he was left alone. He wanted someone to be by his side, and Taira did mention that he gets paranoid when Ryouta leaves him. So it makes sense why he'd kill himself. He had enough of the game, was in both physical and mental pain, and regretted that he attacked the two he made a promise with.

And, how strong would your mental health be after seeing people get blown up and having to be apart of such a game?
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 21, 2012 8:43 PM

Feb 2012
Anyone feel pity for Taira? The guy could not catch a break.

The ending was really sweet though, and the OST was amazing. Overall i give this 8/10
VyudaliDec 21, 2012 8:47 PM
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2012

140 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 14, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

142 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 30, 2012

243 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 4, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.