Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 17, 2012 8:14 PM

Jul 2010
I wish there wasn't one episode to go. Ever since Natsume, Asako was first introduced, I've always been cheering for her. I hope something positive comes out for her but we'll see. Same for Chizuru as well.
Dec 17, 2012 8:58 PM

Nov 2012
i cant believe that next episode would be the last :(
i wish that they do a nice ending for this

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 17, 2012 9:09 PM

Jul 2010
Natsume, you so hawt and cute.
Wow, Haru and Shizuku were sleeping really close to each other in scene after ED.
Yamaken ftw!
Dec 17, 2012 9:09 PM

Oct 2010
ok episode Natsume is so damn annoying.
Dec 17, 2012 9:34 PM

Nov 2009
I guess i should probably start on the manga where the last episode will leave off next week XD
Dec 17, 2012 9:40 PM

May 2009
This episode kind of sucked and Natsume is annoying.
Dec 17, 2012 10:39 PM

Oct 2011
I loved this episode like any other episodes. It's nice to have a Natsume centred episode for a change. She's too cute <3.

Although I do hope that the final episode will at least wrap up Shizuku and Haru's relationship in a satisfying manner. They need to start dating already!

Dec 17, 2012 10:51 PM

Jun 2009
Natsume is so cute but she's a brat D:
Dec 18, 2012 12:10 AM

Jul 2012
Things are finally getting interesting again. tbh it was starting to get dull after a fantastic start.
Dec 18, 2012 1:05 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Frediloc said:
Then after the ED, we see Sasayan at the festival at night, and everyone counting down to the New Years (meaning it's still the 31st, before that supposed 1:12am call), and we see Natsume waking up at Mitty's place, saying that they fell asleep right after dinner. The only conclusion that I can reach is that the whole sequence from the phone call up to the ED was a dream - probably Natsume's considering how it focused on her.

I'm just gonna hope that they showed us that scene to show Natsume taking a photo of Haru and Shizuku and not because it was all a dream

For this episode though, I really liked it and it's saddening to see that there will only be one episode left allowing for what I predict to be an inconclusive ending.
Dec 18, 2012 1:06 AM

Jun 2008
RE: the last scenes after the ED, I don't think they were a dream. I think they were just showing us what happened at the festival while the three of them were sleeping their way through the New Year. Natsume woke up without realizing she missed a call from Sasayan, saw Haru and Mitty looking exactly how she wanted them to look forever, and snapped a picture of it before passing out again. About an hour later, Sasayan tries calling again (like he said he would) they all wake up and go meet them at the shrine.
Dec 18, 2012 2:22 AM

Aug 2012
I have a bad feeling the last episode is going to wrap this up really REALLY badly...
Dec 18, 2012 4:53 AM
Nov 2009
Frediloc said:
Ok, am I the only one who caught this? I'm pretty sure that the whole second half was some sort of dream. It must have been, because on the 31st Natsume, Haru, and Mitty were at her house, then at 1:12am (on Jan 1st) they woke up with the call from Sasayan and went to the festival, and stayed out till the sun came up.

Then after the ED, we see Sasayan at the festival at night, and everyone counting down to the New Years (meaning it's still the 31st, before that supposed 1:12am call), and we see Natsume waking up at Mitty's place, saying that they fell asleep right after dinner. The only conclusion that I can reach is that the whole sequence from the phone call up to the ED was a dream - probably Natsume's considering how it focused on her.

It would suck if her confession was part of a dream, but I can still see it happening. She didn't get a response, and most of the conversations that night mainly involved character development on her part.

Regardless, I loved this episode. I find myself smiling every time Natsume comes on screen, and this episode was pretty much all focused on her. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

I agree with this interpretation, especially given that she didn't get a response for her confession.
Dec 18, 2012 6:09 AM

Jun 2008
Why can't Natsume and Sasayan just get together >w<
Dec 18, 2012 6:10 AM

May 2010
lol what is mitty kingdom?
Dec 18, 2012 8:36 AM

Jan 2012
Way better than the last one!
Dec 18, 2012 9:10 AM

Nov 2012
i thought this episode was one of the best so far
i wasnt only about shizuku and haru's relationship. it was good for a change

natsume was hilarious as always
Dec 18, 2012 9:56 AM
Sep 2012
I really hope Natsume and Misawa dont hook up. She's a first year high school student, hes gotta be closing in on 30. Thats just kinda creepy.
Dec 18, 2012 10:31 AM

Feb 2012
lol at Yamaken so cute and sad hahahaha
like everyone else mentioned, nice Shizuku x Haru interactions, not too pushy or too cold, hopefully they kiss at this picnic thing or at least start going out or something! As for Natsume.... ooooooh im so annoyed because I know hes gonna reject her but I want him to accept her feelings so so badly, but I bet he will say something along the lines of I care for you a lot as a friend or maybe even a little sister or something... (i mean imoutos x oniichan kinda relations aint bad, even better but i guess this isnt that sorta anime huh)
anyway, I doubt Sasayan will confess to Natsume, we've got one ep left and he hasnt shown any interest in her so far, no blushing, no sad face when she confessed to Mi-chan, so neh

oh as for the whole 'it was all a dream!' idea (lol) it doesnt make any sense, Sasayan called Natsume minutes or even seconds before the New Year, and then he called her later around 1ish, I mean the first time we see them all sleeping and Natsume picking up the phone he clearly says that its 1-something and thats when they all wake up and go to the shrine. Unless it was like that in the manga, which would be the worst storyline ever I mean who even uses the whole dream idea anymore
erochanDec 18, 2012 10:35 AM
Dec 18, 2012 11:05 AM

Dec 2011
More Natsume! I can't wait on how this anime concludes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2012 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
Only one more episode! TT.TT
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Dec 18, 2012 2:31 PM

Nov 2009
AlexGK said:
This show lost all momentum. I find myself more intrested in the support characters than in the dragging nonsense mains in the last 4-5 episodes. Score down to 8/10 for being another Kimi ni Todoke wanna be.

I'm glad someone else shares my opinion. The first 8 or so episodes were really good but the last couple at least have been pretty meh in my opinion. Like the pace just slowed to a crawl. I'm concerned as to whether the last episode will be rushed now and have too much squashed in...or even worse, not enough.
Dec 18, 2012 2:40 PM

Nov 2011
Aren't there laws against adults dating minorities in Japan?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 18, 2012 2:52 PM
Oct 2012
CriticalEye said:
Frediloc said:
Ok, am I the only one who caught this? I'm pretty sure that the whole second half was some sort of dream. It must have been, because on the 31st Natsume, Haru, and Mitty were at her house, then at 1:12am (on Jan 1st) they woke up with the call from Sasayan and went to the festival, and stayed out till the sun came up.

I agree with this interpretation, especially given that she didn't get a response for her confession.

Both wrong. Sasayan called twice, once at 12 (during the countdown, he hung up) and then at 1:12. Natsume woke up at 12 independently and took the picture (more for her remembrance, because she is always afraid of losing her two friends), then went back to sleep. The second call woke everyone up. A lot of people spend the night at the shrine to watch the first sunrise, it is sort of a tradition, so Sasayan didn't think that he would be waking her up, even calling that late.
Dec 18, 2012 3:07 PM

Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
CriticalEye said:
Frediloc said:

Both wrong. Sasayan called twice, once at 12 (during the countdown, he hung up) and then at 1:12. Natsume woke up at 12 independently and took the picture (more for her remembrance, because she is always afraid of losing her two friends), then went back to sleep. The second call woke everyone up. A lot of people spend the night at the shrine to watch the first sunrise, it is sort of a tradition, so Sasayan didn't think that he would be waking her up, even calling that late.

Phew, i'm glad i checked on this cos i was also worried it was a dream, and was pretty confused. Would have been pretty disappointed if it was a dream. Love Natsume, she's adorable!
Dec 18, 2012 3:18 PM
Oct 2012
Zee530 said:
Aren't there laws against adults dating minorities in Japan?

Yes, but someone has to complain about it, as in the United States. If the parents don't mind and the participants don't mind, who is going to care? The Police? They have better things to do.

Now if they catch them while committing some othercrime, then yes, the police would mind and that charge would go on the docket. But if everyone keeps it sub-rosa, then no, no one cares.

Takuan_SohoDec 18, 2012 4:02 PM
Dec 18, 2012 3:50 PM

Jan 2011
Well he isn't a teacher, or in a position of authority over her so it would basically be a problem only if someone kicks up a fuss. You'll note the byplay with the cigarette ash when Natsume makes the confession indicating his shock and not being able to answer right away. I think to this point he has only been seeing her as one of Haru's friends, and since he's serving as a surrogate parent towards Haru, Misawa tends to adopt a certain adult attitude to the rest of the gang.

I can remember when I was in grade nine a classmate of mine started going out with one of the stars of the football team from grade 12--that was a pretty big gap but didn't raise more than a couple of eyebrows in our rural community. (She later married his best friend just before she graduated, so my take was she was just interested in older boys and since the marriage has lasted several decades who are we to judge...). On the other hand I had a teacher in grade 10 who was a serial predator and created a very difficult time for many of the girls in my class--fortunately he was driven out of teaching but not before he did a lot of damage.

On the third hand I went to university with a woman whose boyfriend was her former English teacher--ten years older and newly divorced. My assumption was always that their relationship in highschool probably had something to do with that divorce and their relocation to another city. I think they've been married for a decade or two now and have a couple of children themselves.

Laws tend to be written because human behaviour upsets someone's sense of morality, but human behaviour tends to go on regardless. In this case it isn't even a real relationship--Natsume has a crush on Misawa and we haven't seen any signs he returns it. Now if you really want to get your knickers in a knot over something like this--watch Marmalade Boy! (on second thought you should watch it anyways just to get an historical perspective on a real shoujo melodrama...)
rodacDec 18, 2012 4:22 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 18, 2012 4:17 PM

Feb 2009
What happen when your own advice came back to bite you.
Dec 18, 2012 5:36 PM
May 2012
shanimebib said:

On the other hand, Sasayan actually not sure whether he likes Natsume or not. Was't he just trying to set her up with one of his pals? What was that all about? He did mention that his plans backfired when he found out Natsume's confession.
5/5

I think the plan may have been that if someone tries to confess to her in front of Misawa it may make something happen between them.
Dec 18, 2012 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
again, FUCK YOU MIZUTANI, NATSUME IS THE BEST GIRL IN THIS SHOW!!!!
Dec 18, 2012 9:34 PM

Jul 2009
wait what did sasayan mean about his plan failing
Dec 18, 2012 9:44 PM
Oct 2012
Kurogashi said:

It had a double meaning. The main meaning is that Sasayan thought if he confronted Natsume about her crush on Misawa, she would never have the courage to confess her feelings, and then would be open to someone her age, on the rebound. On the surface he was doing this for his friend, but deep down he likes Natsume and knows he is slotted to the friendship category, so the second meaning, and his real intent was to jar Natsume out of the way she is thinking, in order to open up that possibility that she might like him. But instead of backing down, Natsume defied his expectations and actually confessed to Misawa. In short he underestimated her.
Dec 19, 2012 6:23 AM
Dec 2012
vulpixls said:
shanimebib said:

On the other hand, Sasayan actually not sure whether he likes Natsume or not. Was't he just trying to set her up with one of his pals? What was that all about? He did mention that his plans backfired when he found out Natsume's confession.
5/5

I think the plan may have been that if someone tries to confess to her in front of Misawa it may make something happen between them.

Takuan_Soho said:
Kurogashi said:

It had a double meaning. The main meaning is that Sasayan thought if he confronted Natsume about her crush on Misawa, she would never have the courage to confess her feelings, and then would be open to someone her age, on the rebound. On the surface he was doing this for his friend, but deep down he likes Natsume and knows he is slotted to the friendship category, so the second meaning, and his real intent was to jar Natsume out of the way she is thinking, in order to open up that possibility that she might like him. But instead of backing down, Natsume defied his expectations and actually confessed to Misawa. In short he underestimated her.

Guys, you are thinking way too hard on this, and I don't remember seeing anything in the anime that discussed about a plan from the schoolboys to confess in front of Micchan or supported the idea that Sasayan was manipulating Natsume into being afraid of confessing to Micchan. Sasayan is perceptive, but it's a bit of stretch to put him squarely into 'manipulative jerk' territory.

In the post-credit scene, which is a FLASHBACK, Yana asks Sasayan if he apologized to Natsume for the other day on his behalf. Sasayan dismisses Yana's concern, reassuring him he doesn't think Natsume is mad at Yana anymore. When they meet Natsume, however, she gives Yana the cold shoulder, and Yana is depressed as a result. (This leads to Micchan asking Natsume to be nicer, and Natsume explains she acted like that because she didn't know what to do after treating Yana badly.) My guess is that Sasayan, being a good friend, decided to talk to Natsume again for Yana, but when he went to look for her, she was confessing to Micchan. Sasayan realizes that Yana has no chance anyway, so he goes back to tell Yana that his plan (to apologize to Natsume on Yana's behalf, as stated in the beginning of the flashback) failed... because he didn't talk to her at all that night, knowing that there would be no point to putting Yana in Natsume's good graces.
AuranDec 19, 2012 6:32 AM
Dec 19, 2012 8:02 AM

Aug 2012
Hehe, it would be nice if Misawa and Natsume get together =)
Dec 19, 2012 8:17 AM

Oct 2011
Wonderful episode centering on Natsume : ) More Haru and Shizuku moments. Sad that Yamaken didn't get to see Shizuku. OMG Sasayan just confess your love Natsume XD. Next week is the last episode T__T I hope for a season 2.
Dec 19, 2012 9:18 AM
Jan 2011
Whoa, it looks like Sasayan's plan is to get Asako and Michan together.
Dec 19, 2012 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode. Natsume should end up with Sasayan.
Dec 19, 2012 12:04 PM

Apr 2011
I think Sasayan will confess to Natsume in the next episode.
Dec 19, 2012 12:45 PM

Nov 2007
Finally the moment is here! :D

Shizuku: ii za mairimasu
Haru: de wa itadakimasu
Shizuku: Heh?!

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 19, 2012 1:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This series started really well, like a contemporary version of Kare Kano but its just stalled and gone flat now. Having Natsume as the center of this episode was alright, but we're just waiting for Haru and Mitzutani to grow up as a couple.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 19, 2012 1:58 PM

Dec 2009
It' kind of sad that they're ending the anime next episode when there's so much story left :(
Dec 19, 2012 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
I'm not much of a fan of this anime as everyone else, but I do enjoy it.
I love Yamaken so much though alkdsjflsjdlaxkdlz
Dec 19, 2012 6:18 PM
Sep 2012
I hope they wrap up this season up with Haru/Shizuku arc and go for a season 2 with more focused on everyone. I really love supporting characters, they should be mains.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
Dec 19, 2012 11:10 PM

May 2012
Yay a Natsume episode. just what I wanted. I care more about her more than Shizuku and Haru at this point.
Dec 20, 2012 9:11 AM
Sep 2009
...i like Oshima...
Dec 21, 2012 12:22 AM

Jun 2008
Cratex said:
pilipino101 said:
Can someone explain to me what that scene was after the ED? Was it an alternate reality or was what was it? Was it a dream or what? O_O
I took it to be the evening of New Years Day, so it was the evening after they watched the sun come up. They had had dinner at Mitty's place again.

It it didn't seem like that to me though. Everything was in the same place on the table as the first call and stuff. Everyone where same clothes etc. It seemed more like half the episode was just Natsune's dream.
Dec 21, 2012 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
I laughed that natsume wanted to meet sizuku.
There is more only one ep. How will relation of sizuku and haru become?
"Watashi kininarimasu"
Dec 21, 2012 9:45 AM
Aug 2011
Kinda sad that i'm enjoying Natsume, Sasayan, and Yamaken more than the main characters.
Dec 21, 2012 9:48 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Monad said:
Cratex said:
pilipino101 said:
Can someone explain to me what that scene was after the ED? Was it an alternate reality or was what was it? Was it a dream or what? O_O
I took it to be the evening of New Years Day, so it was the evening after they watched the sun come up. They had had dinner at Mitty's place again.

It it didn't seem like that to me though. Everything was in the same place on the table as the first call and stuff. Everyone where same clothes etc. It seemed more like half the episode was just Natsune's dream.
I now think what I said was completely wrong, and sort of agree with an earlier poster (forget who above) that said that last scene was essentially a flashback that occurred an hour or two before they were woke up and decided to go to the festival. However, I'm not entirely sure myself and I agree there is room to suggest it was a "dream".
Dec 22, 2012 12:03 AM
Nov 2007
This anime is a bag of d*cks. Every single character stays frontin' on their feelings and just keeps prolonging the same message episode after episode.

A solid 1/10 for me...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.