Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2012 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another great episode tbh.

I liked Haru and Shizuku's interactions this week especially during nighttime when they were sleeping together. They looked so cute :3. On the other hand, Natsume was also fun to watch with her blushing and exaggerations. I wonder what the end is about though when she took that picture with her phone of Haru and Shiziuku , hmm...

Well, whatever, I still enjoyed this episode especially with Natsume.
Stark700Dec 17, 2012 11:17 AM
Dec 17, 2012 9:28 AM
Sep 2012
I think they're wrapping this up pretty quickly. It will be sad if they skip some of the arcs.
Dec 17, 2012 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ when talking about the friendship. A date in exchange of not bothering her is lol~

Shizuku's brother is so cute! It's nice that sporty girl was finally able to not feel awkward around Haru's uncle in the end.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 17, 2012 10:37 AM

Mar 2012
Yamaken and Natsume are so funny XD
too bad they couldn't see a thing
and I feel bad for Sasayan :( (and Yana)
xxanimeeeDec 17, 2012 10:59 AM
Dec 17, 2012 11:12 AM
Sep 2012
A great Natsume centered episode. LOL at Natsume in front of her computer being lonely and wft at Haru being happy at being bribed by Shizuku. Natsume even confessed her love, even though Misawa didn't realize it.
Dec 17, 2012 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
Sasayan you fool! Anyway great episode, but would have liked to see Mitty's brother have some lines next time.
Dec 17, 2012 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
finally ! i've been waiting for Natsume's confession though i would have liked to hear Misawa's answer. well since there is only one episode left i guess there won't be that much Natsume stuff anymore T.T
Dec 17, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2011
That was good episode,but its too bad 1 ep left.
Dec 17, 2012 12:00 PM

Jun 2012
HHHNNNGGG Natsume was so cute this week X ) When Mitty called her to help her fix a recording, I almost died at her facial reactions and her "I'm so lonely!!!!" However this show also showed a disturbing side of her. She needs to have people around her or she becomes a hikkomori. I found it startling when she says that she needs to keep her own world around her the same so she doesn't feel bad if Haru and Mitty are status quo at the moment. Natsume would rather have Haru and Shizuku apart just to keep the friendships the same than be alone. Even more on a note about her, Natsume also was out of line when she told Oshima if she can like someone else instead indirectly but not Haru.

Yay for more Sasayan as this show can always use more of him, it's interesting how he's close friends with Mitty, Haru, and Natsume but is distanced at the same time. He can see objectively the relationships between that whole lot that the others are entangled in. I hope the BD/DVD's sell well enough so we can get another season and thus more Sasayan
HybridMBLDec 17, 2012 7:07 PM
Dec 17, 2012 12:01 PM

Nov 2007
Yet another fantastic episode. She wants to grow up with Mi-chan-san! <3
On the other hand, Sasayan actually not sure whether he likes Natsume or not. Was't he just trying to set her up with one of his pals? What was that all about? He did mention that his plans backfired when he found out Natsume's confession.

The talk between Natsume and Ooshima in the shrine was wonderful. Both are lost in their love interests yet they were trying to share their sadness of being alone, even though they have different circumstances.

The hangout at Shizuku's place, so much full of warmth. That picture Natsume took, it was more for her than anything else, as she started to realize that she might lose her place when Haru and Shizuku become a couple.

Here hoping for a well deserved second season. Alongside Chuunibyou, this has been by far the best anime this season.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 17, 2012 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
I loved that confession and the interaction between Misawa and Natsume at the end. Hmm, so she fears being lonely, well that's a pretty tough thing to avoid.

From the way he acts I don't think Sasayan has feelings for Natsume at this point, if he does then he is good at hiding them.

Im kind of laughing at Yamaken, just give up man :P
Dec 17, 2012 12:40 PM

Jan 2012
Natsume is so cute. I hope things will work out for her.

Dec 17, 2012 12:48 PM

Jan 2011
This show lost all momentum. I find myself more intrested in the support characters than in the dragging nonsense mains in the last 4-5 episodes. Score down to 8/10 for being another Kimi ni Todoke wanna be.
Dec 17, 2012 12:50 PM
Sep 2012
Natsume's confession was nice. Sasayan, what are you doing? I can't tell if you like Natsume or not.
Dec 17, 2012 12:50 PM
Dec 2012
I hope Mi-chan rejects her just so she can end up with Sasayan lol
Dec 17, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
Whats going to happen with Natsume and Mi-chan?! Don't leave us hanging like that Dx

When Shizuku got hit by Haru for a second I was scared she would lash out, they would get into a fight, and the cycle would continue. Thankfully it didn't.

Lol@Sasayan's friend xD poor guy

So I can't see anything coming but an open ending for people to get interested in the manga or for a second season. Kind of a pitty, but o well.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 17, 2012 1:07 PM

Mar 2009
Sasayan's got such an interesting role in this series.
Dec 17, 2012 1:15 PM
Dec 2012
This was so adorable!! I can kind of identify with Natsume, being alone for an elongated period of time can be scary, but pusing apart your friends from being together is not cool.
Although I would love to see more of Sasayan and Natsume, I really want the last episode to really focus on wrapping up Shizaya and Haru-kun's odd relationship stop-and-go.
As cliched as it may seem, those are sometimes the best endings, and I'm definitly a sucker for them. And anyone who watches these animes and says that don't like them is lying. :P
Dec 17, 2012 1:31 PM
Mar 2012
AlexGK said:
I find myself more intrested in the support characters than in the dragging nonsense mains in the last 4-5 episodes.
I absolutely agree to this.
Especially Haru's annoying to no end. I remember reading this one book early in school, it was about a mentally disabled and aggressive kid - Haru reminds me a lot of that.

Keilis said:
Sasayan's got such an interesting role in this series.
True.
Dec 17, 2012 1:33 PM

Jan 2011
I hope Misawa and Natsume get together :D
Dec 17, 2012 1:33 PM

May 2011
LOL I just heard Banasonic here.
Dec 17, 2012 1:38 PM
Oct 2010
natsume sooo cute this ep <3
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 17, 2012 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
lmfao, oh god natsume is just hilarious with how she criticizes yamaken
Dec 17, 2012 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
what so interesting about Sasayan ?
from the support charcters he is the least developed ( he plays baseball and .....?? )
Dec 17, 2012 2:05 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Natsume is best.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 17, 2012 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
I was disappointed with the last few episodes but this was a bit better i think or maybe it's just the fact that i love the comedy that Natsume brings XD.

Dec 17, 2012 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
great episode, but the ending left me confused, it ended with natsume san's confession, but after the ending song/credits, it shows sasayan and his mates at the festival? and then shows nastume, mitty and haru still asleep in the house?
Dec 17, 2012 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
That was another good episode, I like the winter break part. However, it was pretty boring and dealt more with love and Natsume than enjoying aspects of the winter (snow, fun, something other than school). So it wasn't anything great, but it was still funny. Mi-chan's reaction was the best, haha. That was one long and awkward pause.
It seems like this series is going to wrap up very abruptly. That doesn't sound too good, but who knows.
4/5.

Dec 17, 2012 2:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Four.

Well, the story with the characters besides the main two continues to be interesting.
Dec 17, 2012 3:01 PM
Apr 2010
Can someone explain to me what that scene was after the ED? Was it an alternate reality or was what was it? Was it a dream or what? O_O

Still GREAT episode though, so far a 9/10 for me for the season.
Dec 17, 2012 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
This was a fantastic episode; easily the best and most enjoyable since the fourth, since, rather than monotonously focusing on dull characters and a perpetually stalled romance, the episode deftly weaved together a plethora of significant developments for several of the secondary characters. It also greatly examined one of the most enjoyable characters in the show, and, thankfully, it was, for the most part, lacking in the unnecessary abundance of worthless elements that are indicative of a slowly-developing triangle or the several trite secondary characters that have been terribly and needlessly elevated in seeming importance throughout the latter half of the show, lacking any sort of actual relevance that would necessitate such a continuous inclusion into the development of the story. The most effective aspect that contributed to the excellence of this episode was the infusion of an energetic atmosphere that has disappointingly been altogether absent from a majority of the previous episodes.

Surprisingly, my favorite sequence was Natsume’s confession to Mitsuyoshi, since it revealed several layers of depth within both characters, particularly Natsume, and it was executed in a beautifully minimalistic fashion that wonderfully contrasted that which typically constitutes confession from a secondary character. This episode was also more effortlessly comedic than the majority of those that came before, particularly notable in Haru’s oblivious indifference towards Shizuku intentionally manipulating him into a relaxed state. Haru and Natsume’s interactions were particularly hilarious. Also, Yuu's random appearances have been humorous asides that have really worked within the last two episodes.

Though I would have certainly preferred it if Natsume had refrained from confessing to Mitsuyoshi, since the conclusion is nearing and she’ll inevitably be rejected, or so I assume, I quite liked her development throughout this episode, as it provided considerably interesting insight into her fears of a loneliness that constantly attempts to resurface, partially paralleling Haru‘s own characterization and the inability to trust the seemingly tenuous permanency of the few relationships that are most important to each of them; though, of course, these detachments from a perpetually fleeting confidence are portrayed with thoroughly different flourishes of reactive reasoning, as Natsume attempts to conceal her worries, using her friends for motivation, while Haru confronts these desolate thoughts with a reckless and often abrasive naivety. Above all, it seems readily apparent that Sasayan will eventually ease into a relationship with Natsume, since, for quite some time, regardless of his intentionally conflicting and ultimately selfless actions, his feelings for Natsume have been subtly illuminated. Natsume and Sasayan’s divergent emotions and their subdued, but immensely engaging dynamic is highly interesting, so it's rather disappointing that their seemingly fated existence together won't be properly explored prior to the conclusion of the show.

Haru and Shizuku’s relationship was exceptionally well-portrayed throughout this episode, as it had previously been repetitiously isolated from meaningful development since the early portion of the story, largely absent of the substantial growth and the natural interactions that had permeated their initial development. As such, Haru and Shizuku’s interactions were fantastic throughout, effectively lingering on several subtly essential developments, largely devoid of their typically irritating refusal to properly adhere towards an understanding of the individualistic obligations that are necessary for their relationship to move past it's tiresome tendency to consistently revert to earlier circumstances. I loved the post-ED scene, in which Haru and Shizuku are sleeping beside one another, since it depicts another element of their sweetly romantic inclinations and the considerable comfort that they mutually possess around each other.

Though his involvement was considerably lessened, Haru was terrific throughout, as he continues to be the best and most complex character. As such, I really enjoyed his slight growth into a calmer, more understanding acceptance of Shizuku's responsibilities. This is indicative of a necessary development for his excellently flawed characterization, as he willingly accepts Shizuku’s understandable demands, which, up until now, he was very reluctant to ever do so, as his inability to trust even her was partially extinguishing the chance for any modicum of progress within their relationship. I really like that, aside from Haru and Shizuku, to an extent, the majority of the other characters are uniquely perceptive, displayed most thoroughly by Sasayan’s helpful advice to Natsume and Mitsuyoshi’s introspective reflections about Natsume’s flawed ideology that naively desires a peaceful, untroubled existence, which, of course, is a contrast to Natsume’s typically astute observations, but it allows for a broadened and nuanced portrayal of the secondary characters that is a noticeably differentiating element from the majority of other shows that are of a similar nature. Mitsuyoshi, though somewhat underdeveloped, is one of the more intriguing and engaging secondary characters, so his increased prominence in an episode, such as this one, is always enjoyable.

Yamaken's stubborn refusal to give up and his continuous thoughts of selfishly interfering despite the overwhelming presence of Shizuku and Haru's mutually loving relationship only illustrates him as an increasingly pathetic character, and, though I certainly don't expect him to actually restrain his idiocy, I'm impetuously hoping that he'll somehow constrain himself from indulging in the pursuit of a relationship with Shizuku, which would clearly be an altogether impossible proposition. Essentially, it’s rather unfortunate that Yamaken and Oshima are, for the most part, singularly defined within the story as “love rivals” and glorified third wheels, since, without those developmental restrictions and their comparatively one-dimensional characterizations, they would likely be, at the very least, moderately compelling characters. However, as it is, neither are even tangentially consequential to the story, so their brief appearances amount to nothing more than meaningless and uninteresting distractions from the aspects of the story that are legitimately significant.

As such, Yamaken and Oshima’s heightened prevalence within the narrative has been rather detrimental to the show, since their involvement predictably relies on tedious contrivances and unnecessarily conventional developments, illustrating a profoundly noticeable dichotomy between the relatively cliché elements that have increasingly filtered into the story and the consistently refreshing, though not altogether unique, aspects that remarkably composed nearly the entirety of the earlier episodes. Unless their considerably satisfying and inevitable rejections will be included in the conclusion, I’m hoping that neither of the two or their worthless subplots will be prominently featured, since Haru and Shizuku’s relationship and, perhaps, the consequences of Natsume's confession should definitely be the threads of the story that are heavily focused on throughout the final episode.

The direction was particularly excellent throughout, skillfully highlighting a plethora of subtle, but integral, expressions and interactions of an emotional nature through a distinctly visual approach to storytelling that deftly accentuated the complexities that pervaded throughout this episode, signifying a personal touch that was supremely effective. This beneficial nuance was most evident during several sequences, such as Natsume’s initial encounter with Yana and her subsequent conversation with Sasayan, as well as Natsume’s confession.

All in all, even though the narrative, until this episode, had been progressively diminishing in quality, Tonari tenuously remains one of my favorite shows of the season, as it improved immensely with this superb episode, reestablishing a narrative execution that hadn't been impressing as of late. In turn, I’m hoping for an excellent and comprehensively satisfying conclusion, as well as a second season, since it appears that a plethora of relationship and character developments will linger as incomplete entities within the narrative whole.
Dec 17, 2012 3:19 PM

May 2011
Hooray for more Natsume. She finally gets more screen time, but sadly, there's only one episode left! AHHH! :/
Also, Mi-chan-san reminds me a lot of Harima Kenji from School Rumble.

Let's hope they can close this anime out well. Shoujo endings tend to disappoint.
Dec 17, 2012 3:19 PM

Oct 2011
as I thought Natsume is best character in this series... sure she is weird but more likable than both Mitti and Haru (btw are they finally together or not?)

second best is Yuu (that weird friend) - if there will second season, what I kind of doubt, there should be more of her

but ending seems to be better than middle part of this series, well good enough
Dec 17, 2012 3:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
pilipino101 said:
Can someone explain to me what that scene was after the ED? Was it an alternate reality or was what was it? Was it a dream or what? O_O
I took it to be the evening of New Years Day, so it was the evening after they watched the sun come up. They had had dinner at Mitty's place again.
Dec 17, 2012 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
I really liked this episode a lot. Natsume is fav character and it was good to see a episode staring her again. I feel bad for sasayan but i just want her and mi-chan to be together guhh. great episode. Probably my fav ep so far!
Dec 17, 2012 3:58 PM

May 2011
It's surprising how much my enjoyment for this series went up when it focused on Natsume. Lately this anime has been losing its flavor with me, but I really enjoyed this episode. If only she was the central heroine.
Dec 17, 2012 4:05 PM

Jul 2011
kenshin_sama said:
It's surprising how much my enjoyment for this series went up when it focused on Natsume. Lately this anime has been losing its flavor with me, but I really enjoyed this episode. If only she was the central heroine.

Eh... though I like Natsume, I wouldn't want her as the main heroine.

Next episode is last. Better be good.
Dec 17, 2012 4:20 PM

May 2011
MM-Rosiie said:
kenshin_sama said:

Eh... though I like Natsume, I wouldn't want her as the main heroine.

Next episode is last. Better be good.

To me, it'd be a little better than having Shizuku since I really dislike her character. She is a little rough when it comes to how she deals with her situations involving Haru. Not something I like to see in a shoujo anime.
Dec 17, 2012 4:40 PM

May 2008
Based on Sasayan's phone call to i guessing Natsume , LOVE. kay Also I guess because he is the only one that actually has alot of friends , there are other people he wants to hang out with as well . Loled when Mi-chan just stone there with the cigarette.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 17, 2012 4:57 PM
Nov 2012
Still waiting for Sasayan to confess to Natsume ^^ Oh well:p Everything will at its pace :] I love tonari hehehe :]
Dec 17, 2012 5:38 PM

Dec 2008
Ok, am I the only one who caught this? I'm pretty sure that the whole second half was some sort of dream. It must have been, because on the 31st Natsume, Haru, and Mitty were at her house, then at 1:12am (on Jan 1st) they woke up with the call from Sasayan and went to the festival, and stayed out till the sun came up.

Then after the ED, we see Sasayan at the festival at night, and everyone counting down to the New Years (meaning it's still the 31st, before that supposed 1:12am call), and we see Natsume waking up at Mitty's place, saying that they fell asleep right after dinner. The only conclusion that I can reach is that the whole sequence from the phone call up to the ED was a dream - probably Natsume's considering how it focused on her.

It would suck if her confession was part of a dream, but I can still see it happening. She didn't get a response, and most of the conversations that night mainly involved character development on her part.

Regardless, I loved this episode. I find myself smiling every time Natsume comes on screen, and this episode was pretty much all focused on her. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.
Dec 17, 2012 5:43 PM
Jun 2008
natsume ep with mix of her point of view & new year going?

wonder 1ep left how whole he said she said will wrap in?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 17, 2012 6:11 PM

Dec 2012
This hurts my inner shipper because I like Sasayan and Natsume.
Although, she developed more in this episode. I especially like this episode because she's my favorite character. I also enjoyed how Shizuku wasn't so moody. Last episode tomorrow, better be good!
Dec 17, 2012 6:22 PM

Oct 2011
NATSUMEEE xD I really want to know how Sasayan feels towards her!

Oh no, only one episode left? I loved this series Dx

5/5
Dec 17, 2012 6:27 PM

Feb 2012
Fine episode~ Felt like not much happened for me though...

It finally ends next week huh...
Dec 17, 2012 6:59 PM
Jul 2012
I REALLY want there to be more Sasayan things happening, but since there's only one episode left I guess I won't be able to see anything.
"
Dec 17, 2012 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
Frediloc said:
Ok, am I the only one who caught this? I'm pretty sure that the whole second half was some sort of dream. It must have been, because on the 31st Natsume, Haru, and Mitty were at her house, then at 1:12am (on Jan 1st) they woke up with the call from Sasayan and went to the festival, and stayed out till the sun came up.

Then after the ED, we see Sasayan at the festival at night, and everyone counting down to the New Years (meaning it's still the 31st, before that supposed 1:12am call), and we see Natsume waking up at Mitty's place, saying that they fell asleep right after dinner. The only conclusion that I can reach is that the whole sequence from the phone call up to the ED was a dream - probably Natsume's considering how it focused on her.

It would suck if her confession was part of a dream, but I can still see it happening. She didn't get a response, and most of the conversations that night mainly involved character development on her part.

Regardless, I loved this episode. I find myself smiling every time Natsume comes on screen, and this episode was pretty much all focused on her. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

I was also considering the same thing, after I thought the episode was ended in a way that gave me some hope about Natsume's love life, but the last part was just ... cruel to her.

But I'm glad that they decided to make an episode, just for Natsume feelings and inner thoughts. And that was what I expected to see after finishing the previous episode.

Natsume will be always my fav girl in Tonari :D, cheers for her.
Dec 17, 2012 7:18 PM

Oct 2012
It was pretty awesome episode Haru and Shizuku sleeping together inf Natsume's house while she took a picture of them. Yamaken.....I still hate you...please die >_>

To bad I don't think they will reach to the part Haru and...Shizuku you know......

Natsume does hella cute impression here. So cute...that i wanna hug the s**t out of her. MOE MOE~~~ all over.
Dec 17, 2012 7:24 PM

Aug 2011
How old is Mi-chan? Late twenties?
Dec 17, 2012 7:40 PM

May 2008
cyruz said:
Natsume is best.
I agree.
Shizuku's and Haru's reaction to the Sun Rising was awesome.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.