Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2012 9:05 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow. And I mean that sincerely. Taking a look into Sophia's life was very informative (and graphic lol). But I still wonder how she became an android. And how many kids could she possibly have had?

May 27, 2013 2:03 PM

Jun 2009
"Wow" is the perfect word for this, I agree. Everything about Sophia's early years was quite literally laid on the line. I like the "I felt pain.....but it didn't feel like MY pain" and "I felt pleasure....but it didn't feel like MY pleasure." The way I look at it is that she did all these things; the self harm, the sex, the smoking, the harming her own child, in a desperate attempt to feel something. It'll be interesting to see how she turned into an android and what makes her what she is now.

Also, who the hell is this doing the psycho-analysis?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 23, 2013 1:15 PM

Nov 2009
Sophia seems like a pretty shitty human being ... I mean rough life, sure, but even before all of that she seemed pretty disturbed and sure as hell didn't make "the right" choices ... Anyways good chapter but could do w/ less flash backs though I guess it is necessary to develop the characters, and they are doing it at pretty opportune moments.
Apr 20, 2014 10:18 PM

Jan 2013
Crazy horny psychotic hacker bitch
Similar to Kenji, Sophia felt her life was lacking something. Loving these detailed backstories.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 23, 2014 10:33 PM

Oct 2013
Wow, genius slut.
Jun 19, 2014 2:13 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was one heck of a backstory.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2014 12:27 AM

Aug 2014
Wow, I don't think that she was a slut and her past is really interesting.
Jul 30, 2015 4:53 PM

Jul 2011
Prasetya said:
Wow, I don't think that she was a slut and her past is really interesting.

Slut: a woman who has many casual sexual partners.
That's exactly what she was, a female philanderer...

I freakin' love the backstories on the main cast here, they're so interesting. I wonder how her children turned out?

insan3Inquisitor said:
"Wow" is the perfect word for this, I agree. Everything about Sophia's early years was quite literally laid on the line. I like the "I felt pain.....but it didn't feel like MY pain" and "I felt pleasure....but it didn't feel like MY pleasure." The way I look at it is that she did all these things; the self harm, the sex, the smoking, the harming her own child, in a desperate attempt to feel something. It'll be interesting to see how she turned into an android and what makes her what she is now.

It's wonderful and contrasts other characters like Helena. I love the diversity of the cast!
MirorinJul 30, 2015 5:20 PM
Nov 8, 2018 5:28 AM
Jan 2015
I was surpised by the fact they really depicted sex .
Jun 30, 2022 8:43 PM

Nov 2015
I knew this was gonna be fucked when I saw the chapter title. Her circumstances were warped from birth but at least she hasn't let herself go completely into a downward spiral.
and i guess

that i just don't know
Feb 2, 2023 2:03 AM
Oct 2015
Pirating_Ninja said:
Sophia seems like a pretty shitty human being ... I mean rough life, sure, but even before all of that she seemed pretty disturbed and sure as hell didn't make "the right" choices ... Anyways good chapter but could do w/ less flash backs though I guess it is necessary to develop the characters, and they are doing it at pretty opportune moments.
Im pretty sure she was a clinically diagnosed psychopath, nowdays the term is overused, but in a literal terms, psychosis first starts when the brain is unable to differentiate reality and fiction like you are living in some one elses body, 
Unable to make real connections to people or things, any kind of sentiments etc, no hobbies aside from strict rigid routines like math etc. no value for any life not even their own.

Thats basicly clinical psychopathy.

Not the exaggerated forms of it.
Feb 2, 2023 2:04 AM
Oct 2015
immanisaur said:
I knew this was gonna be fucked when I saw the chapter title. Her circumstances were warped from birth but at least she hasn't let herself go completely into a downward spiral.
This is a seinen not a shounen
, even shounens have sex sometimes 
Feb 3, 2023 1:45 PM

Nov 2015
Neostorm-X said:
immanisaur said:
This is a seinen not a shounen
, even shounens have sex sometimes 
i was referring to the chapter title, and this goes a little beyond there just being depictions of sex. never said anything about demographics 
and i guess

that i just don't know
Jan 17, 6:43 PM
Nov 2018
what a piece of human garbage, like your average woman

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

oblow20 - Apr 27, 2010

54 by Miyamotodex23 »»
Apr 24, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 60 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 9, 2008

10 by rodmanii »»
Jan 27, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 41 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 12, 2013

6 by rodmanii »»
Jan 20, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 22, 2012

8 by rodmanii »»
Jan 16, 7:28 PM

» Eden its an endless world's ending

Jesus-Cunny - Nov 25, 2023

2 by MichaelJackson »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.