Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 17, 2008 10:58 AM

Feb 2008
This final episode was great, with the exception of the ending. I would have preferred a cliffhanger type of ending =/
Going to give this series an 8/10.
Jul 19, 2008 1:16 AM

Jan 2008
I would of prefer Saito coming back straight away. Sort of like a cliffhanger as Kayro said.
Overall 8/10
Jul 23, 2008 6:22 PM

Jan 2008
neutralizer said:
I've only seen the anime and not the novel, but even so I was thoroughly disappointed. It was definitely rushed. I couldn't even tell what the hell Saito was fighting. It looked like he was just randomly attacking unlike is supposed to happen in the novel.

I'll give it points for being emotional and the awesome wedding version of "I SAY YES," but the comedic ending was not needed. It seemed like it was a reset to all the progress that Saito and Louise had made. I think I would have been happier that Zero no Tsukaima the anime ended when Saito died. It would have made it more dramatic and would have distinguished itself from the novel.

Exactly what I thought. Plus, there were so many questions that were left unanswered --> this anime definitely needs a third season. Hopefully it'll be better than the second.

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Jul 24, 2008 9:39 AM

Feb 2008
LOL. I liked the ending, I thought it was pretty funny.
8/10

Thank god I finished marathoning that, onto the next season!
Jul 30, 2008 5:22 AM
Jul 2008
ChiBuki said:
I usually go with good endings but this time around I prefer Saito to remain dead or lost. Tragic hero is befitting for him, since he came from another world and stuff..

i actualy loved it that he came back, and it was good that they didnt finish the marrage ceremony, && right up until she started hiting him it was great... mabes they'll fix that in Princess no Rondo... i mean its clechequed... then again I can't think of Rie-sama being 'sexy' ALL the time ^_^
Aug 22, 2008 10:02 AM

Apr 2007
Meh, the last part when he comes back ruined the awesomeness of this ep.
Seriously, they should cool down with those Louise beating up Saito moments, especially after they are married(?).
But it was overall a better season than 1st. Time for part 3.
Sep 6, 2008 11:37 AM

Apr 2008
9/10

I was moved by the scenes. Saito shifting with Louise, the marriage, his death, Louise cries. The scenes are epic enough for me to give it a 10. I didn't a comedy series like Zero no Tsukaima can have such dramatic effect.

BUT, all those drama got shattered by a "fairy" XD I know he's not dead yet since there's a season 3 but the reason why he's still alive sound somewhat lame or unrealistic. But, I don't have any objection since this is a comedy series and yet not the end of Zero no Tsukaima yet. If this was the final season and they end it dramatically, I have no reason not to give it a 10.

Looking forward for the next series. I hope it'll be enough for a 10.

Sep 8, 2008 9:48 AM

Nov 2007
It was nice,yes.The last episode really topped the notch until that comedic ending.I agree with others saying that Saito should've stayed dead until season 3 where he comes back.It was such an epic ending but we just gotta have a happy ending eh?Oh well,gave it a 9 just cause Louise is too cute in this episode.Off to season 3.Yay! =3
Sep 23, 2008 10:38 PM

May 2008
LOL, how in the world did it get back to how it was before...

"Saito, you're back and I love you and I never told you so... DIE?"
Oct 5, 2008 9:04 AM

Jun 2007
This episode had its ups and downs. I'll continue with the next series but I do have to say that I thought the first series was better than this one. I hope the next series makes an improvement.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 4, 2008 4:23 AM
Jun 2008
Yay! I love happy endings!
I guess the fight of Saito and the 70k soldiers was the best fight of the entire anime! And the Elf who saved him was pure win =P
Dec 4, 2008 4:41 PM

May 2008
Cebola92 said:
Yay! I love happy endings!
I guess the fight of Saito and the 70k soldiers was the best fight of the entire anime! And the Elf who saved him was pure win =P

hehe... just wait till next season :D
Dec 29, 2008 12:44 PM

Jan 2008
meh... the last part when saito returned totally screw up this episode.

imo they should have cut out (almost) all the ecchi/filler stuff and put more effort into the story and the romantic part. what a waste -_- 7/10 because i liked louise so much ^.^
Jan 2, 2009 10:33 AM

Sep 2008
I love this anime! ^_^
Jan 15, 2009 3:06 AM

Dec 2008
Thas was aVery good Episode
It was very emotional,especially the scenes of Saito's fight.

But,why.WHY did they ruined the ending with ecchi and angry Louise.
With this ending I've got the impression that there was nearly no development between Saito and Louise in the whole Season, that dissapoints me a bit.

don't know if I really should watch season 3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2009 11:34 PM

Jun 2008
Fabienne said:
Thas was aVery good Episode
It was very emotional,especially the scenes of Saito's fight.

But,why.WHY did they ruined the ending with ecchi and angry Louise.
With this ending I've got the impression that there was nearly no development between Saito and Louise in the whole Season, that dissapoints me a bit.

don't know if I really should watch season 3

I couldn't agree more. Up until the ending, I was thinking "you know, I'm gonna have to find and kill whoever made an ecchi harem anime good enough that I had to give it a 9/10", but then they just screwed it all up for the sake of memes. It's the same problem the whole industry has. I decided to give it an 8 anyway, because while most of it was pretty terrible, the last few episodes were really good - but damn it, that ending just sucked.

On the plus side, I think it was way better than the 1st season.
GrmoJan 18, 2009 11:44 PM
Jan 28, 2009 7:06 AM

Jul 2008
Oh, the start's wedding ceremony was so cuute *___________*

It's so nice that Louise and Saito finally realized that they really love each other ! And the end was cute !

I just think that story about a fairy who has big tits really killed the mood !

Feb 1, 2009 3:06 AM

Jul 2008
The wedding was nice and the episode was good as well, but the ending was right back to square one. I don't know if I'll be able to understand it, but I guess you're supposed to stay with what makes Znt what it is. For the series I'll give it and 8/10 like what I gave for the first series.
Feb 19, 2009 5:25 PM

Sep 2008
I think if Saito didn't give that story about the fairy, this would have gotten a 9 but noooooo~

And I actually like that type of stuff and I found the very end extremly out of place.

8/10; I liked the 2nd just as much as the 1st... maybe a bit more.
May 4, 2009 12:19 AM

Apr 2009
/rant

Last ship departing at the SAME time that Saito encounters the army of 70,000 is ridiculous. It always makes me think... "then what is the point of Saito having to charge at the army if the allied forces escaped already?" kind of thought. This anime also skipped the interesting dialogue between Derf and Saito before and during the fight. General Hawkins was completely ignored.

The flower concept was flawed. Saito would have to immediately teleport to the front of the academy after
revives him in order for the flower glowing part and proceeding reunion scene to make sense. Moreover... for his clothes and HIMSELF to appear in PERFECT condition derails all remaining logic.

The comedic, ecchi, tsundare, "soft reset" ending was the unforgivable finishing blow. That "explanation" should have definitely waited until the third season.

.../facepalm and a remake is in order. My rage won't be quelled until a remake is done.

/endrant
antifaytMay 4, 2009 12:26 AM
May 4, 2009 8:07 PM
Mar 2009
Lulz, when he added the sleeping potion to her wine, first thing I thought was "Date rape." xD
Seriously though, he was uber hax in that fight. I mean he took down like a couple thousand of those soldiers single handedly?!? Since when was he THAT skilled?
The ending was pretty meh, their relationship is still like that even after they got married, got marriage flowers, and Louise even finally confessed her love to him. First season was better than this.
Jun 7, 2009 11:23 AM

May 2009
Agreed, the only thing I need back is the the conversation with Derf and Saito before the fight and to cut off that part where he came back. If there was ever going to be a remake of this season, I just wish they don't remake ep 9 - 12 too much, unless they're going to lengthen it, then that's fine but shit man ep 9 - 12 was too epic win that it lifted my thought of this anime to almost a 9/10 but the ridiculous slapstick that destroyed everything reduced it to an 8. Wonderful.

Last fight epic win
Too bad he couldn't be too much of a badass to kill them all and return as a goddamn bad-ass.

Also, to the question, if he didn't interfere with the advancing army, the ship wouldn't have been able to set sail. My understanding is that (and if memory serves me right) there was a scene where he was driving off the mind-controlled men while everyone was on board the ship and running away. Then again, they could have just closed the gate or something and reinforced the ships with archers or something like that rather than lose a valuable asset like Louise or Saito, I mean seriously.
Jun 28, 2009 3:53 AM

Dec 2008
I cried when Saito showed up and hugged Louise :D
Jul 10, 2009 10:19 PM

Feb 2009
lol I start crying way before that. I figure out that he would stay alone since the start of the episode.
Aug 3, 2009 1:41 AM

Feb 2009
FlameOfHeaven said:
Saito's fight was epic. Seriously would have been better if they ended it as a cliffhanger. All in all,the season felt rushed. 8/10 for disappointment in the last minute or so.

I agree that the ending is bad. *ruin all the drama* but Saito can't die yet. not that i want him alive or anything lol. It's just that the story's not end yet.
Aug 27, 2009 4:38 AM

Jun 2008
They just shot themselves in the foot for that ending.
If not for that, I personally would have given this ep a 10/10 but DAMN!!

I mean seriously, cheesy-ness aside, you'd think their relationship would have moved past square one after Saito practically DIED to ensure Louise survived but no, they just had to ruin it =.=

Or for the sake of argument, you could also beg the question, why the hell can't Saito keep his big trap shut with the boobs?

Ok, ranting aside, this ep was just grand up to the final couple of minutes. Everything in it was nearly flawless for me, especially during Saito's fight when they started playing an instrumental of the opening song. That's one of the few scenes I've ever seen that I can just keep rewatching and still feel emotional every time.

Edit: For grammatical errors xD
XenithSep 20, 2009 6:46 PM
Sep 19, 2009 6:27 PM

Jun 2009
xenith said:

Ok, ranting aside, this ep was just grand up the the final couple of minutes. Everything in it was nearly flawless for me, especially during Saito's fight when they started playing an instrumental of the opening song. That's one of the few scenes I've ever seen that I can just keep rewatching and still feel emotional every time.

Totally agreed ^_^ That scene was pure gold, and for me, it's the strongest part of Zero no Tsukaima.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2009 2:44 PM
Jun 2009
I just watched this last night, and I'm amazed. This ending was the biggest failure of something I've ever seen. I pretty much knew, at first, that Saito would be alive at the end. It's the way this kind of anime would go. But the ending began building to this tragic and emotional apex. I started to realize, "Holy shit, Saito is actually going to DIE." I began to cry as he fought the army of 70,000. There was no way he could avoid death. He was in the thick of the enemy, and all his friends and allies were running in the opposite direction. I saw no way for him to live. As Saito screamed "Lousie!" I couldn't think of how they could possibly spend the one or two remaining minutes of the episode. I mean, what could you possibly SAY after that?

And then Saito appears, standing on the hill. I waited a moment to see where it was going. Aaaand, yep! He's alive. But the reuniting was so sweet; Louise finally admitting her love to Saito and them embracing one another, I decided to let it slide that he was brought back to life by a reason that was only slightly better than him saying "I walked it off." I had originally known he would live, so I was fine with this. The ending could have been better, but this way was still much more emotional and satisfying than I had expected from the anime.

And then, the failure. I've never seen such a massive failure. I didn't have very high expectations from this anime when I first started it, but it showed me that it has the capability of being truly meaningful when it matters. Then the ending of the second season was not only better than I had thought they were capable of, it was ending on a CODE GEASS level of greatness. They almost ruined it by forcing a happy ending, but it still had my emotions running high, I felt so happy for the characters, nothing could possibly rui-

"Man, that fairy had GREAT tits!"

-What the FUCK did Saito just say? My tears didn't just go away. They simply ceased existing. My nose was no longer runny, and my glasses were now broken from the biggest face palm I have ever known to exist. The sheer idiocy of the writers...Of all the moments to ruin, it had to be THIS one. WHY WOULD HE SAY THAT? Did it not occur to them that

1) This moment was not the time for practically ANY joke.
2) It was not the moment for boob jokes especially.
3) Saito was saying something that was COMPLETELY out of character.
4) Even if Saito was the kind of character who might say that, no one would have said it right then.

Jesus christ. Jesus fucking christ. Code Geass could have ended with Lelouch saying "April Fools, everyone!" and it still would have been better than this.

Season 3? Fuck you. I'm not touching that out of spite.
Sep 29, 2009 7:56 AM

Sep 2009
They should have kept the ending serious, then I believe it would have been a perfect ending. Even if Saito's coming back may have seemed a bit cheesy as long as it didn't end up with Louise trying to blow Saito up it would have been a good ending.

...it really actually annoys me, because this episode was so perfect and emotional, they just had to ruin it with the stupid ending.
Oct 15, 2009 4:23 PM

May 2009
God, how i hate these "lol it`s magic/reset" type shows ...
Saito dying on the battlefield would have been an epic ending to this show.
Instead they decide to use the "i was dead but not really" card and finish it off with the same joke that`s been going on for 24 episodes = Big breasts and stupid dog.
Original eh ?
Oct 19, 2009 6:41 PM

Dec 2008
pointless ending...

gave it a 6/10
Nov 23, 2009 11:47 AM

Aug 2009
loved it ^^
I think this was one of the best episodes from season 1 and 2
=D
Dec 4, 2009 8:19 PM

Feb 2009
lol...i know how you feel
Dec 7, 2009 12:29 AM

Oct 2009
neutralizer said:
I think I would have been happier that Zero no Tsukaima the anime ended when Saito died. It would have made it more dramatic and would have distinguished itself from the novel.

i disagree because if that happened, i'd be in a state of depression for ova a wk... D:
Feb 11, 2010 1:49 AM

Jan 2010
JESTYR said:
They should have kept the ending serious, then I believe it would have been a perfect ending. Even if Saito's coming back may have seemed a bit cheesy as long as it didn't end up with Louise trying to blow Saito up it would have been a good ending.

...it really actually annoys me, because this episode was so perfect and emotional, they just had to ruin it with the stupid ending.

Agreed. Even if actually Saito came back the way he did, but instead of a comic ending it was a romantic one, it would have been great.
Feb 20, 2010 5:30 PM
Feb 2010
I pretty much agree with what everyone said here. This last episode was AMAZING up until the last few minutes where he returned. I understand that having Saito die wouldn't fit the nature of this series, but they should've at least kept it a bit more serious, though having him die would've been awesome! >_<

Overall, great episode, and awesome series! ^_^
Feb 27, 2010 8:17 PM

Oct 2009
It was okay...Although, I dislike how she never tells him she loves him. Second he shouldn't have come back..
Apr 12, 2010 9:12 PM

Feb 2008
Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

The hell kinda ending was that? It was all perfect until Louise started blowing stuff up again. Ugh. I was even about to shed a tear. Dammit.

Anyways, Saito's fighting scene was kickass. It increased my love for Saito even more (if that's possible). Saito is the best character in Zero no Tsukaima. Saitooo. <33333
Apr 27, 2010 9:00 PM

Jul 2009
Mat-RSPSOA said:
I agree pretty much with what people were saying here. Saito should have stayed dead. That would have been an epic ending befitting of Saito. Instead we get the deus ex machina from the underdeveloped elf (I forget her name).

And seriously? Couldn't there relationship have at least moved behond the point of square one, where Louise can forgive a little lapse on Saito's part? I mean he just came back from the fricking grave, and she's already trying to beat him again just like they were in day 1. If they had developed at all, you'd think she would just call him a baka, hit him once, and then go back to hugging him... THAT would have been a true sign of their relationship having developed.

where was there UNDERDEVELOPMENT.... lol
May 1, 2010 4:18 PM

Jun 2008
I cant believe they brought him back at the end, like everyone else has said the episode was amazing up till that point. If they had of just left it with the flower glowing it would have been better then that.
Jun 3, 2010 1:09 AM
Mar 2010
its finally over! I was hoping for a lil bit more, but out of the season as a whole def one of the best.
Jun 3, 2010 1:09 AM
Mar 2010
its finally over! I was hoping for a lil bit more, but out of the season as a whole def one of the best.
Jun 10, 2010 1:24 AM

Jan 2008
It would have been a better ending if Saito stayed dead for effect or something.

It was a little, okay.. a little more than, cheesy to be brought back to life by a fairy. I mean, honestly.

& LOL.. @ Louise getting instantly mad at him for being a pervert. xD
Jun 18, 2010 9:20 PM

Aug 2009
Woot for big tits fairy!
Aug 15, 2010 5:38 PM

Apr 2010
best season out of all the 3. this is also one of the best episodes. i give the season and the episode 5/5. good job of making such a good anime.
Oct 13, 2010 6:40 PM

Sep 2009
Moved me greatly, WOW o_o Amazing, I thought for some time that Louise was a selfish person, but she even cares about the people she barely knows *-* I loved the wedding version of ''I say yes!'' and the emotional was high in this episode. I think was a good ending for this season... :)
Oct 26, 2010 12:03 PM

Nov 2009
This series received a new record for me. Two epic facepalms. First one was in episode four, where he confessed his love, and they kissed. And then epicly running away from the family to go back to the academy.... And then came the misunderstandings and beatings. *slaps forehead*

And then the ending. Could have been perfect if he stayed dead.
And there he comes, back from the dead. Which although it pissed me off, I didn't facepalm... Until he told her about the "big-breasted fairy." *slaps forehead twice as hard*
Dec 7, 2010 2:45 AM

Oct 2010
Finally something serious. Even though I love happy ends, that sad part and Saito's fight was much better than ending with that old scheme "Saito you pervert! :booooom:" Actually I'm a bit disappointed that at Louise. Even he acted like a pervert (again!), she could make an exception this time - that'd be something surprising and much better!
I give 7/10 to the whole series.

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Dec 19, 2010 3:21 AM
Jun 2010
i was getting kinda sad when saito died. Then he came back alive and it was a pretty good scene.

they ruined it though when saito started talking about the fairies tits. WTF....

Who would do that, who would risk their life for the one they love, and then talk about some sexy fairy???

and who would cry for like 3 days, then go try and kill the person they love and cried about...

still funny...
Jan 7, 2011 6:46 PM

Dec 2010
Although all posts i have read in this thread i personally think it was the best episode of all zero no tsukaima series and i m fucking serious!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 18, 2007

50 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 10 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 11, 2007

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 3, 2007

89 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 27, 2007

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 20, 2007

54 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 3, 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.