Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 16, 2012 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
m4rc0 said:
The world needs to see a well done Stardust Crusaders adaptation.

This is all too true, while the others were okay we need a Stardust Crusaders adaptation to match these two parts in excellency.
Dec 16, 2012 2:16 PM

Apr 2008
VentusCross said:
m4rc0 said:
The world needs to see a well done Stardust Crusaders adaptation.

This is all too true, while the others were okay we need a Stardust Crusaders adaptation to match these two parts in excellency.

We need have all part animated because Jojo is great. I look forward to seeing more Diamond is unbreakable
Dec 16, 2012 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
If Stell Ball Run ever gets animated, I will have to exchange all of my pants because there are no amount of clothes that could contain my "fanjuice".
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 16, 2012 4:44 PM

Feb 2010
That new opening. Oh my goooooooooooooooooood. I must've watched it over a dozen times now. I'm continually impressed by the well-done pacing of each episode. I still wish David Production had a bit of a higher cap on their budget, but they're doing a great job with what they have.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Dec 16, 2012 6:17 PM

Mar 2008
Thanks, botch. Man, that was quick. Nice catch, you guys.
Dec 16, 2012 7:11 PM

Oct 2008
ROKETTOPANCHI said:
That new opening. Oh my goooooooooooooooooood. I must've watched it over a dozen times now. I'm continually impressed by the well-done pacing of each episode. I still wish David Production had a bit of a higher cap on their budget, but they're doing a great job with what they have.

Can't wait for the next episode!

When Part 3 comes, they'll have a MUCH higher budget, as it's consistently like 2nd and 3rd in BD anime sales.

And due to the elevens' love of Part 3, and inevitably how well that'll sell, we can probably count on a godly-animated Part 4, which I'm absolutely dying for.
Dec 16, 2012 7:15 PM

Jun 2007
Ah Straits...for an undead monster who slaughtered those researchers and dumped Speedwagon's lifeless body into a river and tried to kill JoJo after ripping out an innocent woman's tooth and threatening to kill her...he was good people.
Dec 17, 2012 4:28 AM

Mar 2012
man... i think the art is much better, more detailed thus improving the aesthetic but when that ripple burning vampires comes in its seems to downgrade.
once again 6/5.
Dec 17, 2012 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
Lol. Ok where does this guy keep all this damn things? Grenades and tommy guns out of thin air.

Well Straigh certainly lost pathetically considering he was someone powerful before he even became a vampire. He didn't even last an episode. Dio didn't have special powers before becoming a vampire and he did a better job.

Btw this new JoJo for all his smart tricks and smart fighting he certainly acted stupid by not ripple punching the hell out of Straights while he was healing after the explosion.

I see the German guys ether getting slaughter or turned into vampire servants after that tree guy wakes up.
Burningsirius said:

I can say, something and as you are saying it I can direct you to say the same thing I am saying. It is a nifty magic trick. Remember, Joesph is a street magician. These skills will come in handy later.

I would freaking love to remember but the show didn't tell me such shit. Was it in the manga and it was skipped in the anime or will it be something that comes up later?
MonadDec 17, 2012 11:44 AM
Dec 17, 2012 3:17 PM

Apr 2008

Dec 17, 2012 8:52 PM

Feb 2009
Monad said:
he certainly acted stupid by not ripple punching the hell out of Straights while he was healing after the explosion.

Joseph's ripple is still weak, he couldn't confront Straits in open combat.
Monad said:
Burningsirius said:

I can say, something and as you are saying it I can direct you to say the same thing I am saying. It is a nifty magic trick. Remember, Joesph is a street magician. These skills will come in handy later.

I would freaking love to remember but the show didn't tell me such shit. Was it in the manga and it was skipped in the anime or will it be something that comes up later?

I don't remember it being mentioned in the manga, so I guess it's just a metaphor.
Dec 19, 2012 3:23 AM
Nov 2008
Monad said:
Lol. Ok where does this guy keep all this damn things? Grenades and tommy guns out of thin air.

Well Straigh certainly lost pathetically considering he was someone powerful before he even became a vampire. He didn't even last an episode. Dio didn't have special powers before becoming a vampire and he did a better job.

Btw this new JoJo for all his smart tricks and smart fighting he certainly acted stupid by not ripple punching the hell out of Straights while he was healing after the explosion.

I see the German guys ether getting slaughter or turned into vampire servants after that tree guy wakes up.

Its told a little later. Though those who know how to do cold reading could spot it. I am just helping people out with the 'mind reading' stuff. He does it merely to intimidate his opponents.
Dec 19, 2012 3:24 AM
Nov 2008
Rinso said:
Monad said:
he certainly acted stupid by not ripple punching the hell out of Straights while he was healing after the explosion.

Joseph's ripple is still weak, he couldn't confront Straits in open combat.
Monad said:
Burningsirius said:

I don't remember it being mentioned in the manga, so I guess it's just a metaphor.

Dec 19, 2012 6:29 AM

Jan 2011
The new opening was even better than the previous one imo, David Production is so damn good, I'm glad they got the show instead or some other studio.
Lots of insane tricks and insane battles and exaggeration like I'm used to by now.
Next episode will introduce "The Pillar Men", but it may just be one guy since I've only seen one so far.
Katakis said:
So once again we learn why Joseph is the best JoJo. Bring grenades to a vampire fight!

Indeed, that was just bad ass.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 19, 2012 2:10 PM
Jan 2009
Count me in the "Keiji Fujiwara would have been better as Cars" bandwagon.
Dec 19, 2012 4:15 PM

Apr 2008
The voice of Santana is Yujiro Haman in Baki
Dec 20, 2012 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
The old opening was better, but this arc is getting good...

Dec 20, 2012 5:47 PM

Apr 2009
ZetaZaku said:
After looking closer at the opening, wow, they really chose the best thing to spoil. It would be one thing if it happened early on, but this way it's pretty bad.
The spoiler is a spoiler only if you KNOW it's a spoiler. Seriously, most of the stuffs are only notable if you've read the manga and therefore knows what to expect.

Monad said:
Joseph is all about his sleight of hands and abuse of blind-spots. As Burningsirius mentioned, you'll see more later.

Monad said:
The reason why he went down faster than Dio was because Joseph was willing to fight dirty. Like really dirty.

Dio's weakness (as pointed out) was his pride, willing to show off rather than just go for a direct kill. Straights is more pragmatic BUT is not as cunning or deranged as Dio, hence another reason why he failed to last as long as Dio. In fact, that's the thing about JJBA fights in general: it's not about how powerful your abilities are, but how clever/creative you are in using your abilities.

In later parts, you'll have characters with seemingly weak or pointless abilities causing major damage and so on. On the other hand, you can have someone with a kickass ability but sucked at using them. For example, in part 4

Monad said:
Joseph was not trained in the ripple hence can't just ripple punch him like that, i.e. not as effective in using it in battle. Using ripple as tricks and assistance, yeah, no problem, but not direct confrontation in the level of Zeppeli/Johnathan.
Dec 21, 2012 4:50 AM
Jan 2009
Nilvius said:
Monad said:
Joseph was not trained in the ripple hence can't just ripple punch him like that, i.e. not as effective in using it in battle. Using ripple as tricks and assistance, yeah, no problem, but not direct confrontation in the level of Zeppeli/Johnathan.

Is just enough to notice the fact that he failed at killing Straights with TWO direct hamon attacks at his head (Both the hamon glasses and that last punch would have been an istant kill for any competent ripple user).
Dec 25, 2012 5:40 AM

Aug 2011
New OP was very flashy and great but it'll take a while before I like more than the first one. I Loved Joseph's reveal on how he countered the eye beams, and his emphasised poses.
Feb 5, 2013 4:28 PM

Nov 2012
speedwagon! this was en extremely erotically charged episode. i enjoyed it. the poses are getting more + more ridiculous + i love it. i'm glad i always skip the opening now as many of you claim it's full of spoilers - not that i'd notice anyway, i'm way too unobservant to pick up on things like that.
Feb 20, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
Everyone love this.
It's very rare to have an episode with 95% 5/5s
Apr 10, 2013 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
This anime has quickly gone from very enjoyable to masterpiece. New OP is too fucking fabulous.
Apr 21, 2013 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Love the new opening
This probably might be in my top 5 when I finish this show.
Apr 23, 2013 4:39 AM

Sep 2008
lol he tied the grenade to more grenades. This show is so over-the-top.
Jun 3, 2013 4:38 PM

Dec 2008
STRAIZOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

These OPs are off the chain!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaJun 3, 2013 4:43 PM
Jun 14, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2012
DAMN this is getting really good, I had my doubts about the sudden shift in time but well they sure made it rather better than worse! Especially this new Jojo being totally bad ass, totally loved the way he attacked those hand grenades to that vampire's scarf! Yea that sure was really epic! Great action and amazing story development. I wonder what the Pillar Man will be unleashed! Good that Speedwagon ain't that, I do hope he gets another role in this second part, but damn that ending, shit is really going to get good next!

Lets see what will happen and they sure made another awesome OP!
Jun 19, 2013 3:54 PM

Jul 2011
RediceRyan said:
Everyone love this.
It's very rare to have an episode with 95% 5/5s

Depends on the anime. There are series with ratings like that almost every episode.

Besides that, I love Sugita's scream/ shouting. XD

Jojo is too damn badass. This is glorious.

First opening was epic. New opening is more retro...? Dunno. Love them both though. :D
Jun 22, 2013 11:10 PM

Jan 2013
I like this opening more than the first one, I'm new to JoJo but damn all the chapters so far had been a blast and this may be one of my new favs just for the amount of fun I'm having.
Sep 23, 2013 1:54 PM

Oct 2009
Dam I like the way Joseph fights!
Dec 31, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
Joseph seems like a more likeable character that Jonathan, i was exoecting Straits to be a bigger threat but i guess its probably for the better that the history focuses on the pillar man instead... even though the animation seems to have improved the action is still unimpressive imo
i was told that this anime had even better action scenes than my fav action anime so i was expecting some truly amazing fights, havent seen one so far
Jan 18, 2014 4:18 PM

Jan 2012
lmao at how he's always right at predicting what they're gonna say next..

superb script is superb...
Jan 22, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
Joseph is so fabulous.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 22, 2014 2:35 PM

Feb 2011
Random announcer, you're too intense for your own good, giving me all these "Vampire fun facts", almost as intense as the "Next time on DBZ" guy. Hopefully we see more of him in episode 12?
Feb 20, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
I Love these action packed episodes! The pacing is brilliant. Excellent use of clif hangers but a good mix of conclusive episodes.
Love and Peace!!!
Feb 23, 2014 8:57 AM

Oct 2012
I really like the new OP.

Really enjoying this part of Jojo. It is better then the first part in my opinion.
Feb 23, 2014 1:05 PM

Feb 2013
KalebJF said:
I really like the new OP.

Really enjoying this part of Jojo. It is better then the first part in my opinion.

it's better in everyone's opinion
Mar 12, 2014 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
The new JoJo is so crazy xD
The grenade trick was pretty sick. Same for the mirror :P

Smokey look so much like Poco...

Goodbye Straits, no one will miss you.

It was hilarious how that girl just beaten him after he saved her xD

Nazis doing crazy experiment. It's probably one of the most classic setting in any story ever :P

Next episode, the pillar guy will be awaken. Niiiiice.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 17, 2014 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
Joseph's grenade trick was awesome, Straits died looking fabulous. it looks like next episode we are going to see the pillar man awaken.
Mar 27, 2014 10:38 PM

Mar 2014
Great episode, lots of good moments.

Glad to see this series picking up steam! I'm liking Battle Tendency MUCH better than Phantom Blood so far.

Also, is it just me, or does Smokey remind anybody else of that kid who reads the comic books by the Newsstand in The Watchmen.

This kid, if anybody's wondering: http://i.imgur.com/cijeY09.jpg
::End of Transmission::

Apr 1, 2014 2:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nazi's always make for effective villains. LOL at Von Stronheim's shaving escapades.

JoJo is hilarious.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 9, 2014 8:54 PM

Jan 2014
The awesome strategy of running away. And it seems that woman has a priorities straight. You definitely don't let someone insult you while trying to save your life.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 15, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2014
And next you're going to say "that new op was great, not as great as the first one though"... that's the one!
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Jun 16, 2014 5:47 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode. I don't see how he could've placed 15 grenades on his back without him noticing but ... but .... maybe I should just stop using my brain during Jojo and get entertained
Aug 25, 2014 5:22 AM

Sep 2013
There's so much Gin in this JoJo
Sep 11, 2014 8:17 PM

Nov 2012
Another superb OP. Now the villains are the faggot nazi's?
Oct 1, 2014 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
dammit whenever Jojo predicts what people will say next.. I always crack up! lmao!

And now that Straights is gone another villain has showed up. Protagonists and antagonists come and go huh?
Dec 8, 2014 2:50 PM

Oct 2013
another badass episode !!!!!
haha loving jojo happy I decided to watc this
[/quote]
Jan 27, 2015 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
Go outside or I'll french kiss youl

lol this series
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

251 by titty »»
May 4, 5:06 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

210 by crumb_fr »»
May 2, 7:48 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

166 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 2, 1:16 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Jan 11, 2013

160 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 28, 12:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 25, 12:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.