Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 21, 2014 11:30 PM

Sep 2012
Oishii, dead? Well that sucks. He was a great character.
May 27, 2014 5:32 AM

Apr 2013
Oishi gets killed the first time, huh. I actually like him a bit, especially in this arc there was nothing to complain about him.
But piece for piece we're getting our answers, now we know a bit more about Tokyo and the Yamainu. Nice!
May 31, 2014 8:30 AM
Mar 2014
Sad to see Ooishi die. Of all the characters, I liked him most. He is cunning, level headed and manipulative. He could easily be a spy master in a spy fiction. I guess because of these outspoken qualities of his, many mal forumites hate him, because how easily dominates over others when he gets screen time.

Well at least he died in the coolest fashion. Head-shot from a sniper.
Binni589May 31, 2014 8:51 AM
Jun 6, 2014 2:50 PM

Mar 2013
Episode 15 of Ni showed that Dr Irie was inspecting the kidnapped grandson, and then while driving by Oishi and Akasaka told them he was suspicious of the situation..

However here with Okonogi telling Irie about the capture (by the Yomainu), it sounds as if it was well known, and that Dr Irie himself would have known about what was going on. In light of his actions in episode 15 of Ni, this makes little sense at best.
Aug 15, 2014 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
It's just some disease, oh god why can't it just be a demon curse, some things are better off not explained. This is why we can't have good things in life
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Oct 30, 2014 8:41 AM

Aug 2013
Fuck, Ooichi never saw it coming :/
And I already consider Irie dead.

Well, now the story was made very clear. We now know the root of Keichi, Shion and Rena crazy phase. It also made me understood the first arc in the first season, why Rena and Mion visited Keichi with a syringe, why the doctor Irie appeared out of nowhere with a big group... It also explained why they always kill Rika each time and that scene we saw where there was all those dead bodies from Hinamizawa. It's also a way to erase all the proof behind the terrorist act and to silent the people who knows.

What I'm still unsure his Miyo action. Why is she betraying the Irie organization? What is the profit from doing such a thing? Also, the other point unclear is : who really is Hanyuu? That name seem like a nickname to me. Could it be the original Oyoshiro-sama?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 7, 2014 12:33 AM

Nov 2013
WHOA OOISHI GET REKT! That's the first time that guy's died!

All the details about the Hinamizawa Syndrome have been revealed!

Looks like the Yamainu are now beginning their killing spree!

Epic episode!

6/5

Nov 7, 2014 12:35 AM

Nov 2013
cabaret said:
Wow, I always thought Ooishi was kind of indestructible. Since he's never died, I was used to him being in the background, and although his constant switch between friend and foe, him dying completely threw me off.
As soon as I saw that shady guy, I was 90% sure he was gonna die. It was expected since he hasn't died once during the duration of the anime.

Nov 7, 2014 12:38 AM

Nov 2013
minouneetzoe said:
Fuck, Ooichi never saw it coming :/
And I already consider Irie dead.

Well, now the story was made very clear. We now know the root of Keichi, Shion and Rena crazy phase. It also made me understood the first arc in the first season, why Rena and Mion visited Keichi with a syringe, why the doctor Irie appeared out of nowhere with a big group... It also explained why they always kill Rika each time and that scene we saw where there was all those dead bodies from Hinamizawa. It's also a way to erase all the proof behind the terrorist act and to silent the people who knows.

What I'm still unsure his Miyo action. Why is she betraying the Irie organization? What is the profit from doing such a thing? Also, the other point unclear is : who really is Hanyuu? That name seem like a nickname to me. Could it be the original Oyoshiro-sama?
That was not a syringe during the first season. The Hinamizawa Syndrome was causing him to have delusions and made him think that Mion and Rena were crazy when really he was the crazy one. It is shown that they just wanted to draw on him with marker.

Nov 15, 2014 5:02 PM

Dec 2012
Seems like this arc is finally picking up. Also got a lot of good info this episode.
Nov 18, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2014
BlueYoshi said:
Weird. I actually like Ooishi. Even in Season 1, he's been one of my fav minor characters. To see him die like that, was a shock to me. And if he couldn't escape in this arc, I don't think anyone else will.

this.
Jan 30, 2015 3:04 AM

Jun 2014
Finally some anwers.Too bad that his Hinamizawa is doomed,too.
Mar 24, 2015 5:57 AM
Nov 2014
LOL at Ooishi's death, he never saw that coming xD
Apr 17, 2015 1:54 PM

Nov 2010
I effing called it with the conspiracy ... gdi.
So awesome.
Marathoning 1st season and 2nd season in two days is crazy exciting. xD
May 5, 2015 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
GAH!!! Looks like after all that this one won't end well. Damn you Takano.
May 18, 2015 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
Rika being the "queen bee" explains why the pathogen is spread after she dies (so I think). Good lord, who knew Rika would be a sort of gifted oracle that contains the disease?

I think she resets time as a precautionary measure. But even with her spiritual friend, is it possible to create a new timeline like that? I know for sure the world is advancing outside of Hinamizawa but yes, it seems the endless June is there to prevent "Tokyo" from extracting the syndrome and using it as a biological weapon.

Speaking of which, do they really not know the concept of the political system in Tokyo? Is Hinamizawa that shut off from the world? Dang...

What's your next move, Rika? Plan it carefully. Remember your vow!
May 27, 2015 9:25 PM

Feb 2013
Holy fuck....did they just kill Ooishi???...What??....I honestly have no words >_<. That's the first time we've seen him die.....and here I thought he was untouchable...

Seriously though, its great that Rika has all of her friends on her side now, but how the fuck are they gonna do anything against these special op motherfuckers? These dudes seem to be waaaayy out of their league.

Seems like this world is also gonna end up fucked, time for Rika to hit the reset button I guess.
Oct 13, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2015
I really wish Rika would tell her friends about the other worlds. Anyway this disease explains a lot. I'm guessing that Hanyuu is the essence inside Rika which allows her to keep the disease at bay. Can't say I'm sad to see Ooshi gone. Surprising though. He seemed to have it good in every other scenario.

Also very interesting. Hanyuu asked Rika why she didn't tell the others about the worlds where Shion, Rena and Keiichi got the disease and started killing. Does this mean that there were never any scenarios where Mion or Satoko did the killing? Interesting that it only happens within their little group, too.

This also means that they didn't really die from a volcanic eruption of chemicals but from the disease. In that case why did the government cover it up? I suppose the higher ups must have been linked with "Tokyo." However, if the villagers got the disease then why did they die in their sleep? I guess it's possible they all clawed out their throats in their homes but if that was the case then the people handling the dead surely would have noticed.

The final thing we are still unsure of is the reason Rika keep reincarnating. I doubt it is for the purpose of saving the town. As we saw in the first episode each world exists separately and continues to exist even after Rika dies.
SuranaOct 13, 2015 3:37 PM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 21, 2015 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
OOISHI! RIP, you were delicious to the end.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Nov 10, 2015 4:45 AM

Nov 2011
That's two consecutive episodes of big plot reveals, i personally have never seen an anime deliver so much in so little time whilst not rushing the pace. The truth about the syndrome was great but it just seems to me that whatever happens they cannot beat the Yamainu, they seem far too powerful, the preview had a lot of delish content too.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 27, 2015 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Well Rip every dependable adult ally they have.
Feb 6, 2016 12:45 AM

Aug 2011
Oh, I think another bad end this way comes.
Apr 28, 2016 2:25 PM
Jul 2015
So why didn't Rika ever thought of making Hanyuu stalk Tomitake or Takano after the Wataganashi festival to find the culprit??? She repeated this event for 100+ years and she never thought of this?!?!
Mar 11, 2017 7:12 PM

Feb 2016
Remember folks. Always exercise minimum caution. If the guys are down, feel free to disclose your hiding place...
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Dec 28, 2019 5:41 AM
Dec 2019
Wtf with this situation that they have to fight for future. Teenagers vs special military op, a same vibes as "stranger things" tv series lmao.

I just can think that this world would be fail too and later Rika in new world come out with new solution after figured it out that Takano is the Mastermind on all of this situation without risk of enemies will attack them.
Apr 24, 2020 4:00 AM

Feb 2018
Rika and Hanyuu can solve this, really.
May 7, 2020 5:55 PM
Apr 2019
So Rika is the key to the Disease; all the pieces of the puzzle are there it seems, now for them to fall into place
May 28, 2020 6:53 AM

May 2018
welp. Everyone is going to die next episode I guess xD
May 29, 2020 12:25 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I think I finally have to lay to rest my theory of Ooishi being a bad guy. Instead, he's just a grey cop (by which I mean not particularly corrupt or sadistic, but too focused on getting the job done to care about people or rules to the extent he should.)
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 17, 2020 8:01 PM

Aug 2018
omg this is crazy! I feel like they are gonna kill Rika soon, I really don't want it to happen but I just know it will.

Jul 28, 2020 12:15 AM

Nov 2016
Did not expect that sniper at all. These guys really flexing.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 23, 2020 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, Irie getting killed off was no surprise. But I expected Ooishi to at least do something instead of just getting shot like that. Now it's down to the main characters, I assume the two policemen won't last very long.
Oct 17, 2020 10:07 PM

Apr 2020
Nooooo not Ooishi T_T
Oct 27, 2020 7:52 AM
Oct 2019
Wow a lot of explanation from Rika-chan about Hinamizawa Syndrome & Tokyo...

Poor Doctor Irie 😔

And the fcking cliffhanger just made me jump from my seat 😱
Nov 9, 2020 3:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, YES, FINALLY. The revelations for a certain mystery. So, its true that it was some kind of sickness that got called Hinamizawa syndrome. Where everyone got infected between Hinamizawa radius. Thats explain how Rena, Shion, and Keiichi can be so crazy at their previous arcs. And its true about why Rika's death could bring a total destruction to Hinamizawa village. She really act as an inhibitor for that sickness syndrome. Oh well!

So, about Yamainu, they were truly a different faction outside the Hinamizawa citizenship. Those conspirator get sponsored from Tokyo as a biological weapon engineer for Hinamizawa syndrome. However since their inside had an internal fight, no wonder if some people like Takano exist. Such a naive Irie sensei said when he was already at the wrong hand. Thats explain his death at a certain arcs ....

While everyone became 100% insane, after the death of Rika. That Yamainu conspirator sparked the sources of gas from the mountain, and it led them into a great disaster of Hinamizawa. They had an escape together with the infection material as their biological weapon from Irie sensei works. End game, a total disaster for the whole world. Ah, Oishi too, finally i get a chance seeing him death at these episode, the first death ever for him. Its somehow bring me a mixed feeling, because of how complicated his personality depend on where he was. Lol.

Oh, well. After such a long trip, 100 years loop, Rika finally told them about the fact. Lmao. Idk if its so good, but well, whatever happened, its truly her decision to stated everything when everything already reached its peak. By looking at the preview, it might become another failure of her effort to get out of her destiny. However, since everything already reach a bright spot, the last arc must be their last attempt to get out of their tireful loop. Okay, lets see how cruel those 'massacre' thing was....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 19, 2020 2:30 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, Rika has finally explained the "curse" to us. It is called the Hinamizawa syndrome, that causes the one carrying the disease to think that everything is against him which turns person crazy. And Rika is the one preventing the disease from fully affecting everyone. Explains why everytime she dies everything just goes to shit, is she also preventing that eruption of gas that kills everyone or is that just a cover story? We don't know yet and I can't wait to find out.
Dec 9, 2020 8:08 AM

Nov 2018
GG
I don't see how it turns into a happy ending. They are trapped and police won't help ...
Well , maybe they will somehow win it with the help of power of friendship. It's not some crappy shounen so I will even be glad if it happens.
I hate everyone equally
Dec 17, 2021 2:30 AM
Jul 2021
now most of the previous events make sense i have a feeling that all of hinamizawa will die in the next episode because keichi mion and rena were in school with others when the massacre happened last time. also oishi is down what a surprise. on to the next one
Dec 21, 2021 8:55 PM

Aug 2020
Dang, we are halfway through the series.

About time Rika told them. Rika didn't tell them because she didn't want them to get involved. However, involved or not, they gonna die anyway, so nothing to lose. Also, she goes back in time anyways.

Yeah, a lot of people died in the time loop. Even if Rika survives, she still has to die cause there is no cure for the disease and to save the people from dying. She also has to verify who is the mastermind behind this and stop them.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 6, 2022 3:31 PM
Nov 2020
Story getting really complicated kinda confused but everything made sense
Jul 16, 2022 11:08 AM

May 2016
It was clear that this world will also fail if you just look at the episode count the next world should be the good end. still was best world we had so far.
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Apr 2022
I hate yall

(character count lol)

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.