Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2008
In my opinion, one of the best fight scenes in this series thus far.
Dec 8, 2012 5:21 PM

Nov 2012
What's up with them spinning in the air? haha
But man, this episode was so bad ass!
BEST EPISODE SO FAR
The fight scenes were so epic coupled with very good bgms
bgm epic transition moments: 12:19, 15:35, 16:33
15:35 <- EPIC

Komari Kamikita    Mio Nishizono      Rin Natsume    Yuiko Kurugaya   Haruka Saigusa  Kudryavka Noumi
Dec 8, 2012 5:24 PM

Dec 2010
I'm sorry but just what the fuck was that?

Sugu and Kirito fight and all of a sudden it turns into an embrace? Cheesy.

Rofl so lame! Recon's episode to prove he's worthy of being Sugu's friend (and possible lover). Dat Super-Saiyan look.

Ok WTF lol so he has a super-powerful skill for his dual-wielding sword. Wow..

Nice. He broke through with the code.

Hopefully we get to see Asuna next episode. No, definitely we have to.

Dec 8, 2012 5:31 PM

Oct 2011
Good episode,
Anyway, what kinda dual-sword skill was that!!!! Using only his speed to make sth. like Drilling Tornado and breakthrough!! No one would stand a chance if he can use that move at will!! That move wasn't in the LN, was it??
Next time, Kicking Oberon's ass!!!
Signature
Dec 8, 2012 5:35 PM

Aug 2012
I'm glad Kirito needed the help of the Cait Sith and dragoons or whatever they're called. Makes him slightly less OP.
Dec 8, 2012 5:42 PM
Sep 2012
Well that episode was pretty satisfactory. Good fight (although I don't recall Kirito summoning a massive rainbow tornado of doom on the novels XD, correct me if I'm wrong) but GOD was it cheesy at times, I mean come on: *while crying*"GO BROTHER! GO!". That was a bit excessive, and the cheesiness of the kirito/lyfa duel could probably have been toned down a bit. All in all though I liked it. Can't wait for next week. Also, does anyone know if they are planning on doing GGO & beyond?
Dec 8, 2012 5:45 PM

Aug 2011
ILY SUGOU CHAAAN <3
SUGOU IS SUGOI!
Dec 8, 2012 5:46 PM

Aug 2010
This episode did NOT make sense to me. While watching this, I found myself yelling at my comp screen!

Okay, the first issue I had with this episode was the whole cavalry coming to support Lyfa and Kirito. Really? These people just popped out of nowhere, for goodness sake's! YOU CANNOT DO THAT! THAT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! Maybe if like, oh I don't know, Recon's sacrifice was a portal or something that would allow the cavalry to appear, then yes, I would not have any issues. BUT YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT!!!

Another issue I had was when Lyfa tossed Kirito her sword. Woman, you are giving away your weapon for self-defense! You are practically making yourself an open target! How are you going to fight against all those enemies with no sword, huh?

And I don't know about you guys, but this episode felt really short to me. Sigh... but don't get me wrong, I still like this anime. The way this episode was handled just didn't fit my style.
Dec 8, 2012 5:46 PM

Dec 2010
metallicious said:
This episode did NOT make sense to me. While watching this, I found myself yelling at my comp screen!

Okay, the first issue I had with this episode was the whole cavalry coming to support Lyfa and Kirito. Really? These people just popped out of nowhere, for goodness sake's! YOU CANNOT DO THAT! THAT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! Maybe if like, oh I don't know, Recon's sacrifice was a portal or something that would allow the cavalry to appear, then yes, I would not have any issues. BUT YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT!!!

Another issue I had was when Lyfa tossed Kirito her sword. Woman, you are giving away your weapon for self-defense! You are practically making yourself an open target! How are you going to fight against all those enemies with no sword, huh?

And I don't know about you guys, but this episode felt really short to me. Sigh... but don't get me wrong, I still like this anime. The way this episode was handled just didn't fit my style.

1) Why can't the calvary come in? Yea it's a bit convenient but there's nothing in the quest that says new parties can't come in if there's already another party inside trying the challenge
2) The point was that the most important thing was for Kirito to get through the monsters, not her own self-defense.

Also lawl at everyone bitching and moaning- I think the anime adaptation has been done phenomenally well. This episode was amazing, can't wait for the next one.
Dec 8, 2012 5:47 PM
Mar 2011
Wow, I wonder why sao is rating is so low...
To properly develop everything it would take twice as many episodes, not really something we can expect
how it ended with suguha is fine...
maybe its "boring" or not "developed" but its refreshing when a girls doesn't angst over it too much or go crazy, life goes on right

Oct 2012
Bad episode, really.. everything is getting lame and ridiculos and character actions are questionable.
Sugu suddenly shaking off her sorrow is more than weird, everyone is happy and dancing in the end and Recon coming to help only to die in few moments is boring and lame (and implications of Leafa x Recon relationship feels very off when she was just thinking about her brother few moments ago..)
Why oh why everything have to be so cool everytime? Army of allies suddenly comes, yay!
And also - unstoppable Kirito, repeating again and again, it isn't believable now. He is like deus ex machina all over again.

Nov 2012
Quite satisfied with that episode.
The battle between Kirito and Sugu was a fucking joke, this was so awful.. anyone agree?

But at least the guard fight this time was awesome.

2 more episodes to go, I wonder what is going to happen when Kirito finally meets Asuna again.

25 Episodes.. why not more? If they got more episodes to to I'd wouldn't have torn to that crap it has become...
Cyanide-Dec 9, 2012 9:15 AM
Dec 8, 2012 5:49 PM

Oct 2010
MisterXX said:
DeskTopHero said:
Episode was pretty good, lots of action. Music was great as usual

I just felt sad for Recon though, since when he confessed all he got was a punch.

Just don't forget that recon tried to kiss her by force ,he deserved the punch
Nope, I think Kirito deserved to see someone kiss his cousin in front of him.

It would be so good after the emotional train he made Suguha take due to his incapable social skill mainly cause of his incapacity to improve himself efficiently enough and on time.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2012 5:55 PM
Sep 2012
_Core said:
Quite satisfied with that episode.
The battle between Kirito and Asuna was a fucking joke, this was so awful.. anyone agree?

I'm sorry, can you explain wtf you are going on about :D? Do you mean the Kirito and Lyfa fight? If so, I don't know about terrible, but it was pretty corny yeah.

Yumekichi11 said:

MisterXX said:

It would be so good after the emotional train he made Suguha take due to his incapable social skill mainly cause of his incapacity to improve himself efficiently enough and on time.

Uhh, I'm having a hard time telling if that is sarcasm. Based on your last line I think it is, but just in case.... It's hardly HIS fault she fell in love with him... twice. All he did was be nice to her, it's not like he was trying anything on her. I mean, I guess he is the CAUSE of her emotional roller coaster, but it isn't his FAULT. He came back from SAO, and was nice to her. She fell in love with him, but it's not like he went for that reaction or anything. He was nice to her as Lyfa too, but again it's not like he was flirting or anything trying to get her attention.
DarthAbysiusDec 8, 2012 6:00 PM
Dec 8, 2012 6:00 PM

Aug 2009
I cant help but laugh at all this posts about Giga Drill,Dual Drill and "Kirito OP new skill" etc.

And I cant even blame them.Thank you A-1.Now Fuck You.
Dec 8, 2012 6:03 PM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:

Where were you 22 episodes ago?
Dec 8, 2012 6:04 PM

Aug 2009
EstelleBright said:
ssjokg said:

Where were you 22 episodes ago?
I was praying that it would get better.
Dec 8, 2012 6:05 PM

Apr 2012
I don't see why people are so perplexed about a new skill he acquired. It's a MMORPG for christ sakes lol (never played one?) If you want a REAL plot hole then watch episode 14. The miraculous resurrection of Kirito after he lost the duel to Kayaba and Asuna breaking a paralysis status effect with sheer will power lmao........
zzzeallyDec 8, 2012 6:09 PM

Dec 8, 2012 6:06 PM
Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

nah I don't think so, but keep dreaming
Dec 8, 2012 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
Zeally said:
I don't see why people are so perplexed about a new skill he acquired.

Wonder if you actually paid attention to the show during eps 15 and 16 and maybe everything about ALO.
Dec 8, 2012 6:29 PM

Sep 2012
That must've been the 1000000th time I've heard the main theme.
Dec 8, 2012 6:32 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Limechan said:
Loved this episode. 2 to go, I can't believe it. It's pretty obvious they'll do a 2nd season, anyway.

Also, by the looks of it, I guess we won't see more of Silica and Liz this season. They COULD animate the part where they show up after rescuing Asuna, but I doubt that will happen.
Last ep is titled World Seed.If you read the LN you know what that means right?

Ooooooooooooh, I did not know that!

In that case, I'm speculating all the last battle and such wil happen in the next episode, and last episode will be the "epilogue" of the first part of SAO. It should end the anime pretty well, then. I'm merely speculating, though.
Dec 8, 2012 6:32 PM

Nov 2012
egnaro315 said:

[img]
egnaro315 said:

私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 8, 2012 6:38 PM

Feb 2012
Kirito vs Suguha was... Well, I stopped caring anyway.

Wtf was up with that new skill Kirito acquired using Sugu's katana? He was supposed to be Dual-wielding his way to the top -_-
Way to go, A-1.

Overall, Not-so-bad ep.
Dec 8, 2012 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
boring, the good part is only when they're hugging and when yui says that the door was not intended to be opened and the enemies starts coming again (so tense)
and i already thought that kirito will come up with a new skill (it would be much better if he's drilling together with sugu) hahaha
the previous ep was much better
dieromanticDec 8, 2012 6:49 PM
Dec 8, 2012 6:47 PM
Oct 2010
Everything is so so convenient and cheesy and the dialogue when the cavalry ran in doesn't even make sense unless HorribleSubs got it wrong. Lol the dude blowing himself up was hilarious as hell to, obviously it wasn't supposed to come off as funny but it was so random I thought and oh lord then the Deus Ex Machina moment just wow!

Also do those dragons have flying limits as well? I'm surprised no one used one to fly to the top haha. Man I thought the show was just below average before but damn ever since the switch to ALO it just kept getting progressively worse.
Dec 8, 2012 6:48 PM

Dec 2011
this was truly one of the best episodes since ALO arc started

well done

cant wait for 24! whats behind that door??
Dec 8, 2012 6:49 PM

Aug 2012
skudoops said:
Everything is so so convenient and cheesy and the dialogue when the cavalry ran in doesn't even make sense unless HorribleSubs got it wrong. Lol the dude blowing himself up was hilarious as hell to, obviously it wasn't supposed to come off as funny but it was so random I thought. Oh god then the Deus Ex Machina moment just wow!

Also do those dragons have flying limits as well? I'm surprised no one used one to fly to the top haha. Man I thought the show was just below average before but damn ever since the switch to ALO it just kept getting progressively worse.

hahaha yeahh, that idiot blowing himself,i would love having him as my teammate
Dec 8, 2012 6:50 PM

Nov 2012
kimmy122122 said:
this was truly one of the best episodes since ALO arc started

well done

cant wait for 24! whats behind that door??

Ill give you one guess
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 8, 2012 6:50 PM
Oct 2010
dieromantic said:
skudoops said:
Everything is so so convenient and cheesy and the dialogue when the cavalry ran in doesn't even make sense unless HorribleSubs got it wrong. Lol the dude blowing himself up was hilarious as hell to, obviously it wasn't supposed to come off as funny but it was so random I thought. Oh god then the Deus Ex Machina moment just wow!

hahaha yeahh, that idiot blowing himself,i would love having him as my teammate

lol for a minute it looked like he was going super saiyan I was like LOL!! GOKU INC!
Dec 8, 2012 6:52 PM

Apr 2011
Next Ep Final Boss.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Dec 8, 2012 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
Meruru_Arls said:
Next Ep Final Boss.

The final boss is just too powerful for them:
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 8, 2012 7:04 PM

Oct 2010
DarthAbysius said:
Yumekichi11 said:
MisterXX said:

Uhh, I'm having a hard time telling if that is sarcasm. Based on your last line I think it is, but just in case.... It's hardly HIS fault she fell in love with him... twice. All he did was be nice to her, it's not like he was trying anything on her. I mean, I guess he is the CAUSE of her emotional roller coaster, but it isn't his FAULT. He came back from SAO, and was nice to her. She fell in love with him, but it's not like he went for that reaction or anything. He was nice to her as Lyfa too, but again it's not like he was flirting or anything trying to get her attention.
No it's for real. I though Kirito was damn lame at the end but it's pointless to argue on this point as I still stand by my view of Kirito.

But let me put it simply, saying to someone sorry in the state they are even though one is a weak one from their ordeal of near life/death IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY ME!

The only acceptable thing is acknowledgement and that I am cool with when Kirito hugs Suguha and realizes his mistakes.

But yeah no you don't say to someone in that state SORRY! You hug them and comfort them all the time.
MisterXX said:
Yumekichi11 said:

nah I don't think so, but keep dreamingDon't need to, fan mangas for adults. :P Just waiting on one from C83! The next convention of comics to come.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2012 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
So Kirito ended up getting back up from two tribes.

I laughed when he caught her from the sky.

skudoops said:
Everything is so so convenient and cheesy and the dialogue when the cavalry ran in doesn't even make sense unless HorribleSubs got it wrong. Lol the dude blowing himself up was hilarious as hell to, obviously it wasn't supposed to come off as funny but it was so random I thought and oh lord then the Deus Ex Machina moment just wow!

+1
Dec 8, 2012 7:19 PM

May 2011
skudoops said:

"This time, the huge stone statue on the left issued a loud voice.

"You shall receive unlimited use of your wings from here onward." "
I blame A-1 for that one
Dec 8, 2012 7:26 PM

Feb 2012
Elite60 said:
I will say that the visuals were pretty nice to look at during the battle. Dat face Kirito makes when he combines both swords together and charges forward...

Agreed it was pretty cool :)
Dec 8, 2012 7:27 PM

Sep 2012
'The completion of this quest was never meant to be possible.
However, with your skill stats, it may be possible for you to break through with speed'
I loled.
Dec 8, 2012 7:28 PM
Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Don't need to, fan mangas for adults. :P Just waiting on one from C83! The next convention of comics to come.

I was going to suggest that for the recon tards/fans,because in the original work,impossible.
Dec 8, 2012 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
How come whenever I like an episode of SAO everyone else hates it
Dec 8, 2012 7:30 PM

Nov 2012
ihateeveryone said:

Hate everything except for Asparagus.
Asparagus guides you in your hour of need.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 8, 2012 7:35 PM
Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:

That's just how it is. But you're not the only one, a lot of people did like it. It's just that the people who don't like it tend to be more vocal about it. I liked it too, though the duel between Kirito and his sister was way anti-climatic and pretty lame.
Dec 8, 2012 7:37 PM

Jun 2009
Dec 8, 2012 7:45 PM
Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

But let me put it simply, saying to someone sorry in the state they are even though one is a weak one from their ordeal of near life/death IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY ME!

The only acceptable thing is acknowledgement and that I am cool with when Kirito hugs Suguha and realizes his mistakes.

But yeah no you don't say to someone in that state SORRY! You hug them and comfort them all the time.

I'm not going to try to change whatever your opinion is on Kirito, but I would like to understand what mistakes he has to acknowledge. It's not like he played with her heart intentionally. Also, I accept that comforting her and hugging her and such is the MORE acceptable action, don't get me wrong, but is there an inherent problem in him apologizing for something that(let's be honest here) wasn't even really his fault to begin with? And he did say that he wasn't really sure how to make her feel better in the first place, Kirito has never exactly been a people person.
Dec 8, 2012 7:58 PM
Jan 2008
best fight scene in alo and 53% gives it a 5 overrated anime ftw.

Just cut out the dual wield cuz animating some ice cream cone is better
Dec 8, 2012 7:58 PM
Jul 2012
Confused - why weren't there any archer-guardians, and how did he torpedo by holding 2 swords above his head?
Dec 8, 2012 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was great better than last week. I think the Sugu and Kirito fight was kinda cheese but I guess the whole thing was about them bonding together. And the final push in the second half was amazing with the dragons and fairies the BGM was pretty epic too.
Dec 8, 2012 8:06 PM
Jan 2008
iShiney said:
Confused - why weren't there any archer-guardians, and how did he torpedo by holding 2 swords above his head?
iShiney said:

Because the director is stupid and he can use ice cream cone attack because director is stupid also
Dec 8, 2012 8:09 PM

May 2011
iShiney said:

1st point, i dunno
2nd point, laziness of the animators that didn't want to show him actually slashing his swords in a circular motion, so they went giga drill breaker
Dec 8, 2012 8:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
A-1 $%$%!@#!

No seriously?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 8, 2012 8:19 PM

May 2010
We got hyper arts now? YO that was sick just saying.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.