Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2012 7:38 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This is it. Recon, you're a good guy.
Dec 8, 2012 7:42 AM

Aug 2009
I remember Lyfa vs Kirito in the LN being bad but this...was even worse.
Dec 8, 2012 8:04 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was THE BEST SO FAR! It’s amazing how much they push at the end to amend to such amazing action. I wish it was like all the time in this series. Sadly it was not. As the BGM is playing around and the following happens,

I was so hyper that I will just express it as THE CAVALRY HAS ARRIVED! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! HECK YEAH! PARTY TIME! And then all the SFX and them fighting. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! It was so amazing. I am so hyper! This is exciting for me. This truly is incredible.

To think that in the following,

they got some well with Suguha like that. All curled up and a zoom showed rather well not only her features that of her legs but also her sadness and despair. The episode turned more amazing than ever.

I found a name for the move in the spoiler
”LONG BLADE STARBURST PIERCING!” It truly fits it and notice the super SFX of lights there, quite a show TBH.

Finally, the episode went from depressing with Suguha, to AWWWWWWWW reconciliation to WTF RECON! WTF GUY? With Suguha and I do wish he would have kissed her in front of Kirito damn it! Going towards the climax only to amend in cutting out when Kirito is at the top. REALLY NOW! Ah man so much CAPS of hyperism. I leave it as that.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
is very special. It combine Asuna/Leafa but that's not all about it. It also combines both backgrounds. If you notice it Asuna's side is SAO and Leafa's side is ALO background.
I find that pretty neat!

Rest in the club as usual.
ssjokg said:
I am not so sure, visually wise or setup wise? Cause visually I can say:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2040/1354979512746_zps526c969a.jpg
that was cool man!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2012 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
It's funny how Yume can make the battle seem better than it actually was:

Unless the video I saw was very very bad quality.

The fight had many scenes being used over and over again.

And that wasnt dual wielding. Wtf A-1?.
Dec 8, 2012 8:15 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:

Despite the imperfections you mention still action satisfying to me and I hope others.

Yeah I rendered that pic a little to look better.

I saw it in HD and although some frames leave to be redone, I was overall satisfied with the episode itself. For I did not see a cavalry thingy setup done in some time.

I just love it when shit is around and suddenly ARMY IS HERE! That is so amazing with the BGM and setup being right.

What was wrong with the dual wield? I must have missed the problem there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2012 8:19 AM

Feb 2009
I feel like there was a bit more time before they logged back in again. To enter the game again after the drama felt...weird. Nice monologues though that was severely lacking.

And no Recon, you are not the MC of this show. You don't get the girl after confessing. And you deserve that punch. Though you did sacrifice yourself, it was a bit pointless. So yeah, being Recon is suffering.

I expected a bit more clashing in that Kirito/Leafa fight but apparently not. And that spinning in the sky...

The number of guardians seem larger than last time. Probably because of 2 additional players? A bit too much though.
It's okay for me I guess that there's more of the Dragon units in Cait Sith instead of just 10 units.
But WTF is that bullshit with Kirito's two swords? I expected some fierce dual wielding and cleaving to break through, not a Giga Drill Breaker...

So yeah, they really took the liberty out of this episode and did a lot of stuff. I'm kinda disappointed but that's what I get I guess for expecting a bit.
So next is finally the episode everyone(LN readers)'s been waiting. While this episode might stir up a big shitstorm, next week will be even bigger. That will be something to look forward more than the episode. So yeah.
Dec 8, 2012 8:25 AM
Oct 2012
Have to give props where due, I thought they would completely screw with the pacing here so that they could spread the action over 2 episodes, but they ended it at the proper place. This bodes well for the final episodes, they should be able to cover the ending well, provide some details and wrap this up on a high note.

Had a little something for everyone, good action sequences the fans, they also had their typical lack of explanations so the haters something to hate as well, in short a little something for everyone.

Nice to see Lyfa finally show she can fight, sort of wish they had shown leg humping Recon a bit more, that was a good face palming scene they shorted. Waiting to see a higher quality copy to see how good the animation really was.
Dec 8, 2012 8:26 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:

Despite the imperfections you mention still action satisfying to me and I hope others.

Yeah I rendered that pic a little to look better.

I saw it in HD and although some frames leave to be redone, I was overall satisfied with the episode itself. For I did not see a cavalry thingy setup done in some time.

I just love it when shit is around and suddenly ARMY IS HERE! That is so amazing with the BGM and setup being right.

What was wrong with the dual wield? I must have missed the problem there.

What belatkuro said:
But WTF is that bullshit with Kirito's two swords? I expected some fierce dual wielding and cleaving to break through, not a Giga Drill Breaker...

He didnt go piercing the heavens in the LN.It doesnt make sense in the anime if you think about it because he could have used it the first time if it was so easy to pass through them.
Dec 8, 2012 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
Testing out their bond (not just the two, but adding Lyfa's game partner (wow @ his confession) + how the swords landed. THAT OPERA OST!! And later joined by her team. It just became a huge sword with two swords. The card is helpful it seems.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2012 8:33 AM
Oct 2012
belatkuro said:
The number of guardians seem larger than last time. Probably because of 2 additional players? A bit too much though.
It's okay for me I guess that there's more of the Dragon units in Cait Sith instead of just 10 units.

The explanation about the guardians wasn't given, they spawn in geometrically increasing proportion to how close one is to the gate. The number of attackers had nothing to do with it. It was design to encourage people to attack, but to be impossible to break through. Little bit of Suguo's sadism there.

As for no dual wield, remember that skill is not in ALO. The way the attack power is determined is power of weapon, accuracy, and speed. Swinging a second sword would bring no advantage. The drill was also the appropriate means to pierce the guardians: with their spawning capacity, the attacker had to focus on breaking through to the gate at a single point, not widen the attack to create a bigger hole. The spawning could have replaced those that fell as fast as you could cut them.
Dec 8, 2012 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
belatkuro said:

The explanation about the guardians wasn't given, they spawn in geometrically increasing proportion to how close one is to the gate. The number of attackers had nothing to do with it. It was design to encourage people to attack, but to be impossible to break through. Little bit of Suguo's sadism there.

As for no dual wield, remember that skill is not in ALO. The way the attack power is determined is power of weapon, accuracy, and speed. Swinging a second sword would bring no advantage. The drill was also the appropriate means to pierce the guardians: with their spawning capacity, the attacker had to focus on breaking through to the gate at a single point, not widen the attack to create a bigger hole. The spawning could have replaced those that fell as fast as you could cut them.

I am sure in the LN he just used his dual skill(not the SAO one):
"Cutting down from the upper right. Cutting up from the lower left. Two shining swords changed angles slightly and drew a snow-white circle that looked just like the corona of a solar eclipse. The bodies of knights that got caught in his ultra-speed slashing were cut to pieces like paper, spreading out into the surroundings."
and the pic
Dec 8, 2012 8:45 AM

Feb 2009
Takuan_Soho said:

Yes I know that. But compared to the number of guardians coming out last episode from this episode, the difference is too much. The guardians hardly respawned last time with only one player but here they are totally eclipsing the top of the dome. I was just assuming that the additional players might be a factor but I know that isn't the case. It's the studio taking their liberty to make it look impossible to breach.

And yes I also know that. Though what should have happened here was that Kirito will be hacking and slashing the enemies so fast and fiercely with the two swords that they will be able to break through momentarily. But instead we got the drill that pierces the heavens(complete with light effects) which doesn't make sense even if it achieved the same purpose.
Dec 8, 2012 8:47 AM
Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

Damn awesome still. You made it look cool. You should work as a pro or something man.
Dec 8, 2012 8:49 AM

Aug 2011
The Lyfa vs Kirito fight felt cheesy and kind of boring. She just kind of... fell. It felt kinda lame.

The music was great as usual.

So next episode we see Sugou's face being broken maybe? Or is that episode 25?

Recon was kinda cute with the confession and all. I don't think he deserved the punch though, I feel bad for him. They made a pretty big deal though for an in-game death.

I liked the episode, it wasn't amazing or bad. I think I liked the LN more honestly.
LaciieDec 8, 2012 8:53 AM
Dec 8, 2012 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
UtsukushiiYume said:
The Lyfa vs Kirito fight felt cheesy and kind of boring. She just kind of... fell. It felt kinda lame.

Recon was kinda cute with the confession and all. I don't think he deserved the punch though, I feel bad for him. They made a pretty big sacrifice though for an in-game death.

I liked the episode, it wasn't amazing or bad. I think I liked the LN more honestly.

You think?
Dec 8, 2012 8:52 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

Recon was kinda cute with the confession and all. I don't think he deserved the punch though, I feel bad for him. They made a pretty big sacrifice though for an in-game death.

You think?

Nah I did.
Dec 8, 2012 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
UtsukushiiYume said:
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

You think?

Nah I did.
I mean...is it even a question which version is the better one?
Dec 8, 2012 9:01 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

You think?

Nah I did.

Not really to be honest. I don't hate the anime or anything, I think it's okay, but.
Dec 8, 2012 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
UtsukushiiYume said:
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

You think?

Nah I did.

Not really to be honest. I don't hate the anime or anything, I think it's okay, but.
I dont hate it either but it could have been way better.
Dec 8, 2012 9:15 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
ssjokg said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

You think?

Nah I did.

I dont hate it either but it could have been way better.

Yeah I agree. There are a lot of places where they could have put a bit more effort into making a more faithful and better adaptation.
Dec 8, 2012 9:22 AM
Oct 2012
belatkuro said:
Yes I know that. But compared to the number of guardians coming out last episode from this episode, the difference is too much. The guardians hardly respawned last time with only one player but here they are totally eclipsing the top of the dome. I was just assuming that the additional players might be a factor but I know that isn't the case. It's the studio taking their liberty to make it look impossible to breach.

And yes I also know that. Though what should have happened here was that Kirito will be hacking and slashing the enemies so fast and fiercely with the two swords that they will be able to break through momentarily. But instead we got the drill that pierces the heavens(complete with light effects) which doesn't make sense even if it achieved the same purpose.

On the first part, you might have know it, but I don't think you understood it. The spawning speeds increases as one approaches the gate, according to the LN it is 12 Guardians per second or 720 per minute. That number would rapidly fill the area, looking exactly as the animators showed. The studio took no liberty here, it was supposed to be impossible to breach.

As for the second point. SSjokg was kind enough to pull up the words from the LN, and while one can debate it (the picture is more problematic than the text), I would have to support the animators drill idea over a hack and slay approach given the spawning rates. A drill will pierce a wall faster than hacking at the wall. To quote scripture back at you, the LN pointed out that Kirito, after slashing changed his attack so that looked like a circle. That would be the drill.
Dec 8, 2012 9:24 AM

Aug 2008
As cheezy as this episode is, I still like it a good bit.

Shows that Suguha isn't so shallow to not get over something like that, and kinda shows you that she really just needed to lash out for once all those feelings she was holding up inside. Also glad that she gives Recon his place, overall just makes me like her character even more.

Too bad she won't be in the next episode...ahh well. (The next episode is just gonna be as stupid as it was in the LN).

But really, music director needs to get shot in the face I swear...
hyperknees91Dec 8, 2012 9:29 AM
Dec 8, 2012 9:36 AM

Sep 2008
wow...dragon riders...arent even 1/10th of what i expected...A-1..WTF..
at least, i hope they make the suguo part as saddist and evil as the LN ...
Takuan_Soho said:
belatkuro said:

come on..no, other that gurren laggan that is no solution, besides, kirito doesnt need to use the swords skills (sistem asssit) to be awesome, he can duel blade perfectly without them, and was necessary for him to break the guards deffence with that dual power!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 8, 2012 9:40 AM

Aug 2009
Zero_r2 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
belatkuro said:

come on..no, other that gurren laggan that is no solution, besides, kirito doesnt need to use the swords skills (sistem asssit) to be awesome, he can duel blade perfectly without them, and was necessary for him to break the guards deffence with that dual power!

Yeah even the pic of the LN had better dragons.

As for the Dual Drill,it just looks like another miracle power up for the anime only viewer.
Dec 8, 2012 9:44 AM

Feb 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
On the first part, you might have know it, but I don't think you understood it. The spawning speeds increases as one approaches the gate, according to the LN it is 12 Guardians per second or 720 per minute. That number would rapidly fill the area, looking exactly as the animators showed. The studio took no liberty here, it was supposed to be impossible to breach.

As for the second point. SSjokg was kind enough to pull up the words from the LN, and while one can debate it (the picture is more problematic than the text), I would have to support the animators drill idea over a hack and slay approach given the spawning rates. A drill will pierce a wall faster than hacking at the wall. To quote scripture back at you, the LN pointed out that Kirito, after slashing changed his attack so that looked like a circle. That would be the drill.
And yet from the previous episode, the guardians weren't as many as the ones in here. You can still see the top of the dome last time while in here they totally eclipsed it. I know about that 12 guardians per second rate (which Yui explained in the LN but was skipped in this episode) but seeing the numbers of the enemies for both tries don't add up when its the same quest. I think my problem was that the first time they challenged this quest, the enemies were kinda few compared to how much threatening their numbers are suppose to be that is shown here.

And I would have to disagree. Wielding two swords should normally mean that there will be more hacking and slashing. And Kirito is suppose to show great speed and power while dual wielding that is the needed force to breach the enemies. Instead, we have Kirito just merging the two swords together and dashing forward like a drill to break through, which makes you question the need for a second sword or if that sword was the powerup he needed to do the final attack which clearly isn't its true purpose.
Dec 8, 2012 10:03 AM

May 2011
Takuan_Soho said:

Haven't seen it yet, but from what i reading, its just laziness. They could've have done him slashing faster and faster, then eventually going into a drill effect.
Dec 8, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
Zero_r2 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
belatkuro said:

As for the Dual Drill,it just looks like another miracle power up for the anime only viewer.

In other words more facepalms for me?
Dec 8, 2012 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
Zero_r2 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
belatkuro said:

In other words more facepalms for me?

Yep.
Dec 8, 2012 10:13 AM
Oct 2012
belatkuro said:
]And yet from the previous episode, the guardians weren't as many as the ones in here. You can still see the top of the dome last time while in here they totally eclipsed it. I know about that 12 guardians per second rate (which Yui explained in the LN but was skipped in this episode) but seeing the numbers of the enemies for both tries don't add up when its the same quest. I think my problem was that the first time they challenged this quest, the enemies were kinda few compared to how much threatening their numbers are suppose to be that is shown here.

The first time Kirito didn't get nearly as close as he did the second time when he had Lyfa and Recon supporting him. So the first time should have had far fewer monsters than the second time.

You've read the LN, so fortunately I don't need to look at the scenes to see if they drew the dome closer the second time or not (which for budgetary reasons I doubt they did), but based on what the LN said, it should have appeared exactly like it did. As Kirito pointed out in the novel, the goal was to encourage people to continue to attack, and then snatch victory away at the last moment. The animators didn't decide to make it look impossible, it was supposed to look impossible. That was the logic of the system as stated in the LN.

The same cannot be said about the drill. They definitely took license here. So whether or not it satisfied people is an opinion. I have stated why I thought it was a reasonable (if not completely artistic) license, but that is my opinion, and its value is only as good as other people think it to be, which in this case is probably not much :-)
Dec 8, 2012 10:25 AM

Jul 2010
I will say that the visuals were pretty nice to look at during the battle. Dat face Kirito makes when he combines both swords together and charges forward...
Dec 8, 2012 10:29 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2040/1354979512746_zps526c969a.jpg
that was cool man!

Setup wise.Even in the LN I was expecting something better.
Dec 8, 2012 10:34 AM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
that was cool man!

It's not really suppose to be a fight though, it's just a cheezy moment and nothing more.

The problem with this adaption is it is a bit too faithful to the fights in the LN (as they are highly uninteresting and abrupt there). They could've used a bit more expansion kinda like how Naruto does with most of it's fights.
Dec 8, 2012 10:37 AM

Feb 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
The first time Kirito didn't get nearly as close as he did the second time when he had Lyfa and Recon supporting him. So the first time should have had far fewer monsters than the second time.

You've read the LN, so fortunately I don't need to look at the scenes to see if they drew the dome closer the second time or not (which for budgetary reasons I doubt they did), but based on what the LN said, it should have appeared exactly like it did. As Kirito pointed out in the novel, the goal was to encourage people to continue to attack, and then snatch victory away at the last moment. The animators didn't decide to make it look impossible, it was supposed to look impossible. That was the logic of the system as stated in the LN.

The same cannot be said about the drill. They definitely took license here. So whether or not it satisfied people is an opinion. I have stated why I thought it was a reasonable (if not completely artistic) license, but that is my opinion, and its value is only as good as other people think it to be, which in this case is probably not much :-)
I believe Kirito got real close to the top last episode as I remember the archers were aiming high up to him. So by being closer there should have been more enemies, yet there weren't swarming him. In here they were still below the dome and yet the numbers are staggering already, which is my main issue.

And the final attack comes down to personal taste then. I sure didn't like it because I wanted to see some hack n' slash but that's me. The question now would be if people will like it or not.
Dec 8, 2012 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
that was cool man!

It's not really suppose to be a fight though, it's just a cheezy moment and nothing more.

The problem with this adaption is it is a bit too faithful to the fights in the LN (as they are highly uninteresting and abrupt there). They could've used a bit more expansion kinda like how Naruto does with most of it's fights.

I mean I wanted something more/else than just a "fight" between them even in the original.

The anime could have made the fights pretty good,even better than the LN but....
Dec 8, 2012 10:40 AM

Aug 2008

I mean I wanted something more/else than just a "fight" between them.

The anime could have made the fights pretty good,even better than the LN but....

Well yeah, I agree there. Felt like the author kinda copped out the resolution there, but I guess that's just cuz Suguha isn't so shallow of a person to not get over it hah.
Dec 8, 2012 10:41 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:

And the final attack comes down to personal taste then. I sure didn't like it because I wanted to see some hack n' slash but that's me. The question now would be if people will like it or not.

It's not just personal taste on the visuals or the move.

Many will see it as a new out-of-nowhere skill.Thats the problem.
ssjokgDec 8, 2012 10:51 AM
Dec 8, 2012 10:50 AM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:

Good point. That is another price paid by not having Yui explain the spawn. At the same time she mentioned that Kirito's SAO cheat stats were insanely high enough that he would probably be able to pierce through the defense. Had they explained that, it would have at least provided some justification for the drill.

This is yet another in a long line of examples where the adaption team relied too much on people actually having read the novels instead of trying to make a stand-alone product. It is unfortunate and does give a legitimate weapon to the haters which is why I said that this episode provided stuff for them as well.
Dec 8, 2012 11:00 AM

Jul 2009
Recon fails again.
Still way to go before performing a true final explosion!
bruh
Dec 8, 2012 11:10 AM

Aug 2008

Uh it's a shounen show...how is that a problem. That's kinda what they are known for.
Dec 8, 2012 11:26 AM

Feb 2012
it was ok
Dec 8, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2008
No!!! Another week! Why?

For a moment I almost thought that they were not be able to pass, can't wait to see how they end this.
Dec 8, 2012 11:31 AM
Sep 2012
They just had to start the episode at that scene with a crying Suguha. Still, still this episode is pretty good. Why couldn't the rest of SAO be like these past few episodes?
Yumekichi11 said:
BTW End Art in the spoiler
is very special. It combine Asuna/Leafa but that's not all about it. It also combines both backgrounds. If you notice it Asuna's side is SAO and Leafa's side is ALO background.
I find that pretty neat!
It looks great! I'd love to stand in the middle of those two. I do find it funny that Kirito's two main love interests are standing right next to each other since they're love rival and all.
IconicDec 8, 2012 11:38 AM
Dec 8, 2012 11:32 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was really good, but at the same time...
And then that feeling got even worse when I read what people had to say about the LN... *sigh*
I should have never come to the SAO part of the forums and just stayed in my misguided enjoyment of the show, I think I would have been happier that way.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 8, 2012 11:32 AM
Feb 2012
Not gonna lie, this episode seemed poorly written if this is what is in the novel.

That time span from when Sugu decides to go back with Kirito seemed too short as if the end of last weeks episode meant nothing at all. Not only that, the fight seen going up the world tree just kinda... I'm not sure what to say about it. It seemed bad to me.

The best part of this episode to me was when Recon confessed to Sugu and got a punch from her. Not because of him getting denied or anything, but it seems like it could actually fit into a good story.

I do like this show, but this episode just in my personal opinion, was almost as bad as the first few side stories in the SAO arc.
Dec 8, 2012 11:43 AM

Oct 2012
So much Incest drama moment here lol feel sorry for Sugu but Asuna all the way brahh ;p

Bro! When Kirito did that double sword dash his eyes when yellow lol! Innovator Mode(gundam 00) "ahem" xD

I want Season 2! They better have season 2!!!! This show is almost over!!!! AHHHH! Gun Gale Online
Satsugai73Dec 8, 2012 11:52 AM
Dec 8, 2012 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
Satsugai73 said:
So much Incest drama moment here lol feel sorry for Sugu but Asuna all the way brahh ;p

I want Season 2! They better have season 2!!!! This show is almost over!!!! AHHHH! Gun Gale Online :D

There's MORE?! God no, the adaptions suffered enough already. My only wish is that this season will end in a complete and satisfactory manner.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 8, 2012 11:52 AM

Aug 2008
QuiGonJon said:
Satsugai73 said:

I want Season 2! They better have season 2!!!! This show is almost over!!!! AHHHH! Gun Gale Online :D

There's MORE?! God no, the adaptions suffered enough already. My only wish is that this season will end in a complete and satisfactory manner.

Lawl the LN readers are just being absurdly nitpicky, don't really mind them. This isn't like how A-1 screwed up Valkyria Chronicles.

As long as they direct the last scene well the ending will be really cute and sweet though. I really don't think the author planned GGO at all with the ending he made to volume 4, didn't really make a lick of sense for it to go on.
Dec 8, 2012 11:53 AM

Oct 2012
QuiGonJon said:
Satsugai73 said:

hmm well i read the light novel maybe i thought they would make season 2. Imo i feel unsatisfied lol even though it has 25 episodes I still feel i want more xD
Dec 8, 2012 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
I havent read the LN, so I gotta say this was the best episode since episode 1.

The only part that really sucked was the melodrama at the beginning and the duel between the two siblings.

Seriously - no bad derp faces, decent action, not too much Jesus-ness either.
Dec 8, 2012 12:08 PM
Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Well yeah, I agree there. Felt like the author kinda copped out the resolution there, but I guess that's just cuz Suguha isn't so shallow of a person to not get over it hah.

Cop out? I really didn't see it that way. I just think this shows that Lyfa wasn't really "in love" with Kirito, she just wanted to matter to him, to be a part of his world. With her thinking that the sister route was dead, she put her emotions in the "romance" route, finding out that Kirito really did love her like a sister, that she did matter to him, I think was more than enough for her.

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.