Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
Haru or Yamaken?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 12, 2015 4:57 AM

May 2009
Haru annoys me at times, but I think he's better suited for Shizuku as they complement each-other given their distinct personalities. Yamaken x Shizuku would be rather dull in my opinion. That being said, I like Yamaken and I can sympathize with him.
Apr 15, 2018 1:39 PM
Apr 2018
Yamaken! Haru is too wild
May 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Mar 2018
Well its okay if one of them :3 but no for other

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Jul 7, 2020 5:26 AM
Jul 2020
Yamaken annoys me to be honest. He’s the same arrogant guy you see in almost every anime. When he’s not being full of himself he’s busy either annoying Haru or denying that he’s in love. And the only reason he’s gotten close to Shizuku is cause of Haru anyways wether it was him trying to annoy Haru or trying to help Shizuku. And he just feels like some love rival who had to be part of the story to spice it up so that’s also something I don’t like. It’s not like his love feels forced but it just doesn’t feel right. Also annoys me that he mostly comes into the story through coincidences.
On the other hand Haru can definitely be annoying and violent but it’s not like he knows how to interact with people. You can’t just tell someone who’s never had friends before just to go and make a friend. Even then since nobody’s really taught him how to interact with people and he’s never done much of that himself he mostly goes based of his emotions. So sometimes the emotions get the better of him but people let their emotions take over all the time. As someone who’s never had to keep his emotions in check of course Haru is gonna overreact sometimes. The romance for Haru and Shizuku has been more developed where it’s like opposites attract but one learns from the other and gets better from it rather than the typical they’re similar so they should get together trope. Haru’s fun personality changes Shizuku for the better partly since her life needed some fun. I also just think Haru is a more unique character.
This can all just be taken as an opinion and I hope it doesn’t offend anyone.
Aug 21, 2020 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
I dislike how arrogant the yellow hair dude was. He’s all about how great he is, how good he looks, his pedigree. Just so lame for a man to be so self absorbed. I’m glad Shizuka never fell for him.

My vote goes to Haru because to me he and Shizuka suit. Two weirdos together. Natsume is a weirdo too in her own way. Only baseball kid was normal.

In any case, in the manga Haru mellowed out by time he graduated high school. He’s pretty much normal now with a few quirks. Not to mention the man is incredibly intelligent from what his teachers say.
Taylor_elleAug 21, 2020 7:27 PM
Sep 15, 2020 7:18 AM
May 2020
I like her more with Yamaken, I know the story was meant to be such that Haru and Mizutani are together but still I somehow like her more with Yamaken.
Jun 16, 2021 3:59 AM
Aug 2020
yamaken ofc haru is too psychopathic and unhinged to be with mitty
Jul 10, 2021 2:49 PM
Jun 2021
Taylor_elle said:
I dislike how arrogant the yellow hair dude was. He’s all about how great he is, how good he looks, his pedigree. Just so lame for a man to be so self absorbed. I’m glad Shizuka never fell for him. [...]

Yo, the source material as in the manga tells us she had very strong feelings for Yamaken, pretty much indicating a form of love for him. If not for the timing he might've gotten her to leave Haru- as is shown when she herself says she like being with Haru more right now. She also was way more bashful about his confession than when she was with Haru most of the manga.

I still like Haru more with her but Yamaken could easily be the right choice too.
shutcardboardJul 10, 2021 2:53 PM
Jul 19, 2021 10:45 AM

Dec 2018
They both suck. Haru is mentally ill and a danger to society, and Yamaken is just a stuck up piece of trash with no respect, dignity, or anything else redeeming.

If you find yourself attracted to or rooting for either character you have awful taste.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Jul 19, 2021 10:48 AM

May 2021
I am surprised this poll was that close. I thought Haru would be winning by a large margin. Tbh, I don't like Haru much but I like the Haru x Mizutani ship better than with the other guy.
Mar 24, 2022 10:01 PM
Mar 2022
Haru. Yamaken was so selfish and whenever haru shows up he tries to do smth to ruin their relationship. Even tho it’s obv that shizuku does not like him, he still wants to make her fall in love with him and doesn’t give a fuck abt haru’s feelings. While on the other hand we see haru develop as a character and now cares abt his friends like he fought the manager for making natsume cry. Yamaken was just a selfish brat, arrogant, used haru for money, and doesn’t respect other ppl’s feelings. I don’t get it when ppl say he respected shizuku’s boundaries more when he really didn’t? I believe haru is the better character im surprised this poll is close but maybe bc they’re just yamaken simps, haven’t read the manga, or didn’t understand haru’s character. Even haru suits shizuku more, he was the one who CHANGED her after all🤦🏻‍♀️. Haru all the way!!!
Mar 24, 2022 10:13 PM

Apr 2020
Forever and always will be Haru
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Apr 11, 2022 3:37 AM

Mar 2022
Haru is possessive, childish and violent while Yamaken is stuck up and arrogant so neither of them really screams 'good romantic partner'.

However if I had to choose one of them I would vote Yamaken every time just because he never hit her and his overall maturity level far exceeds Haru's. Haru really needs therapy more than he needs a girlfriend.
Jun 18, 2022 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
Yamaken just sucks
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.