Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 3, 2012 7:51 PM
Feb 2012
For humor's sake, Haru makes a lovable character despite actually being violet and possessive. Though I think Yamaken is much better suited for Shizuku.
Dec 3, 2012 7:51 PM

Jan 2012
The conversation and race with the chicken was funny. xD
Dec 3, 2012 8:11 PM

Oct 2011
My favorite moment in the episode would be the part where Natsume said "Oshima-san is fine because she knows her place!". That made me lol hard.

Another hilarious episode.

Dec 3, 2012 8:29 PM

Aug 2011
I'm not impressed with Haru whatsoever. If this was real life any sane woman would dump his ass... he's almost like a stalker now. I feel bad for Yamaken.
Dec 3, 2012 8:53 PM
Jun 2008
christmas pary ep yea as usual same old give haru bit more "want" shizuku give see blonde guy could steal shizuku.

give haru so to point shizuku tell haru QUIET especially in front of everyone during cram school area.

very case of he said she said doing all over on holiday season.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 3, 2012 8:56 PM

Apr 2012
Well it is nice that Shizuku finally said that to Haru at the end, but it looks like Yamaken is going to interfere whether he wants to or not.
Dec 3, 2012 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
Haru is totally impulsive, with about the same ability to think things through before acting as a four-year-old.

Yamaken is cold and manipulative. Don't forget how he and his "friends" were exploiting Haru when Mitty first met them.

There's a chance that Haru will grow up at some point, even though he may not be prime boyfriend material right now. Yamaken isn't going to change--psychopaths see no reason to do so since it works so well for them. If you want a nice, stable boyfriend in this show you'd go with Sasahara, who appears to have been totally friend-zoned by every female in a 100 klick radius.

rodacDec 3, 2012 9:15 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 3, 2012 9:17 PM

Oct 2007
Haru on the stairs ..hm... really curious. But his reaction to Shizuku's confession really was terribad >.<
Dec 3, 2012 10:03 PM

May 2012
Natsume is so cute!!! Ahhhh I love it.

Of course, Haru is as weird and possessive as ever. Shizuku had better get used to it, she's signed herself up for his crazy antics by confessing (albeit for a second time).
Dec 3, 2012 10:38 PM

Jul 2010
Way to read the mood there at the end, Haru. Now Shizuku is royally pissed.
Dec 3, 2012 10:52 PM

Aug 2011
im more intrested in sasayan
sasayan jealous of micchan??

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Dec 3, 2012 11:22 PM

Jul 2012
The dialogue of everyone during the Christmas party was hilarious xD god I love this shows humor.
Kinda hard to see where this show is going to end up. I feel like they go one step forward and one step back every episode, its kind of annoying. I cant really see this ending conclusively, especially since the manga's ongoing, but I guess it could happen. Wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a second season.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 3, 2012 11:23 PM

Jul 2012
euphie45 said:
im more intrested in sasayan
sasayan jealous of micchan??

He seemed a pretty nonchalant about the whole thing, so I kind of doubt it.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 3, 2012 11:33 PM

Sep 2012
yandere haru o0
Dec 3, 2012 11:47 PM
Apr 2011
QuiGonJon said:
The dialogue of everyone during the Christmas party was hilarious xD god I love this shows humor.
Kinda hard to see where this show is going to end up. I feel like they go one step forward and one step back every episode, its kind of annoying. I cant really see this ending conclusively, especially since the manga's ongoing, but I guess it could happen. Wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a second season.

This. This so much. -___-
Dec 3, 2012 11:53 PM

Nov 2011
Haru is definately a yandere, hope he doesnt do anything stupid in the end

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 4, 2012 1:09 AM
Dec 2012
I love this anime but i'm kind of getting tired of Haru and Shizuku's relationship. I'm more interested in the Mi-chan, Sasayan and Natsume thing going on. With only 3 episodes left I doubt they'll release one that revolves around those three though. :(
Dec 4, 2012 1:23 AM

Jul 2009
very funny episode and LOL@the ending.
haru is a psych though. =\
Dec 4, 2012 1:48 AM

Jan 2011
Dsrtstorm said:
This anime is really about nothing after viewing this episode. How can you repeat the same scenarios that many times within ten episodes?

Pretty much this. Even the support characters do nothing. The show urgently needs story development after the flying start, else it gets boring rather quickly.

MM-Rosiie said:
And Natsume wants to be a chicken. XD

She really is chick(en), funny enough :D
Dec 4, 2012 4:15 AM
Oct 2010
What the...?

Haru is way too possessive... a borderline yandere?

This being a comedy I don't expect him to ever actually try to kill anyone, but he still got one seriously ugly trait.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 4, 2012 4:33 AM

Nov 2009
The hell, that scene when Haru intended to push the blonde guy over the balcony was scary.

And damn, Natsume, my fav girl is just cute as always, all dat blushing scenes ... I believe sasahara showed some affection towards her cause he felt like he was lost against Misawa. And, what happened to the Xmas present? I hope it wasn't the cake and she gave it to Misawa. Gonna hope for that happens.

endlessabyss said:
QuiGonJon said:

This. This so much. -___-

I think differently. This is one of many strong points about Tonari. The best point is that: all the characters are honest to themselves and to others(unlike many shoujo where you have the girl suffers/cries silently and the dude doesn't know until someone tells him). And not being serious makes it easier to blend in the comedy and romance developments, and it's refreshing to watch. I don't want Tonari turns into something dramatic. Sukitte is enough already. I'm a shoujo fan as well, my face when watching Tonari was like :), on the other hand, when seeing Sukitte my face is like :|, too much cliche that you couldn't feel the char's feelings at all.
Dec 4, 2012 4:49 AM

May 2010
Finally new episode.was waiting for it for like forever!
Dec 4, 2012 4:57 AM

Feb 2009
That was scary, would he really push him off the stairs?

I agree with Natsume people shouldn't try to get between Haru and Shizuku, it's a waste of effort.
Dec 4, 2012 4:59 AM
Oct 2010
MaxCrazy7 said:
I agree with Natsume people shouldn't try to get between Haru and Shizuku, it's a waste of effort.
Not to mention potentially deathly.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 4, 2012 6:21 AM
Nov 2009
Wouldn't be surprised now if there was a boat later on the series...

jk

Haru is just stupid lol I don't think he would do anything like that.
Dec 4, 2012 6:21 AM

Oct 2012
This is so unrealistic... Haru is idiot, in the first place, thinking only about himself and not listening what others say. And Shizuku too for giving him a chance after what he is doing.
For a sec I was thinking she wants to tell him it's all over that would be logical result of this situation (he is getting annoying more and more). But it wasn't meant to happen. And when she already told of her love to him they should kiss, start dating each other or just someting.. This way it is getting more and more ridiculous (and I'm losing my interest in this anime faster and faster)

I don't like Yamaken really but he is at least thinking about what he can do. But shame for him - some girls are always getting those weird types. In a way, Haru is similiar to her father and girls usually prefer boys with same character or looks.
Dec 4, 2012 6:55 AM

Jan 2008
I think this is enough to label Haru as a yandere.
Dec 4, 2012 8:04 AM
Jan 2011
Marzan said:
Haru has no idea of how to be in a relationship. Childish and possessive, he doesn't try to understand Shizuku's priorities Even though Yamaken does nothing for me as a character, he'd probably make better boyfriend material for Shizuku than Haru.

I agree, well a few more to go.
Dec 4, 2012 8:34 AM

May 2009
It was an okay episode during the beginning and middle but better at the end. I do agree with Marzan though, Haru really doesn't know how to be in a relationship but maybe he probably isn't really taking it seriously at all. He still comes off as a comic relief character to me based on his reaction to her still going to cram school. Even though Shizuku already told him that she loves him and doesn't have to worry he is still flipping a lid over nothing.
Dec 4, 2012 8:56 AM

Jul 2010
Wow Haru.That was kinda sick.This episode made me dislike Haru a tiny bit, and like Yamaken even more.I mean really? you gonna kill someone because he loves person you do? for female audiance it's ''cute'' i guess...?
NATSUME ;_; why u so cute.Just why *sobs*.

6/5 as always.Cant wait to see next episode.
Dec 4, 2012 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
Haru went Yandere...that was scary yet soo cool in one way or another
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Dec 4, 2012 10:59 AM

Aug 2012
Haha, I loved this episode. (:
I'm still waiting for Shizuku and Haru to kiss.. ^^

5/5
Dec 4, 2012 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
natsume's christmas party was hilarious, this show never fails to make me laugh but haru is kind of annoying me lately...
i thought that during the show we would have a moment where haru would start "fixing" himself, but i almost dont see any progress in his personality!!! it's a little frustrating since i want shizuku and haru to be together, but i think haru the way he is now would do more harm than good to her.

i like his character and all but when its about shizuku he's most of the time just annoying/creepy.
Dec 4, 2012 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
I like Haru but I hated when Haru went yandere. If he hurts Yamaken, Ill start hating him. Yamaken is an amazing underdog, gotta love him;)

Dat Xmas party, LOOOL.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 4, 2012 2:53 PM

Mar 2012
Although it's mission impossible but Yamaken > Haru
Keep moving forward
Dec 4, 2012 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
I want Haru and Mitty to be together, but i can't help feeling sorry for Yamaken ; u ;
He's the only love rival i've liked.
Dec 4, 2012 4:23 PM
Jun 2012
5/5

Man, I'm ready for the OST to leak. The bgm that comes in around 10:00 is in almost every episode and it's stuck in my head.
Dec 4, 2012 5:01 PM

Oct 2008
Poor Yamaken. I kind of feel bad for him. He's up against someone who is kind of naive and oblivious, yet he has no chance.
I kind of feel bad for Oshima too. However, it was pretty epic when Natsume said that she knows her place!

I loved when Haru blurted out Yamaken likes Shizuku. Facial expression win. He's lucky Shizuku is as oblivious as Haru when it comes to love because he's doing a pretty bad job of hiding it =D

Aside from Micchan blushing, Natsume was pretty awesome this week. There's something not quite right about how the show has shown Natsume's feelings.

A great episode overall!
Dec 4, 2012 6:36 PM

Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
I loved when Mistuyoshi asked if Natsume was acting strange, and Haru responded "Natsume's always been strange", with Mitty agreeing saying: "she's a bit different from the rest of us." .

Haha, when they said that I thought "aren't you the strange ones?!" lol :P
Dec 4, 2012 6:58 PM

Nov 2012
bonifide said:

ElenirLachlagos said:
Spirai said:
It's not cute at all. It just makes me feel disturbed.
I'm glad someone else feels that way.
I mean WTF? Haru's jealous, controlling, violent. What about that is cute? That's just sick. What's wrong with people? I guess it's those women that say "but he did it because he loves me" after they've been beaten up by their boyfriends.

Yeah its pretty damn sick. He's basically a control freak. If they was married she would run away from him. Haru would injure anybody male if they tried to flirt with her.

Exactly! Also, @UtsukushiiYume I understand your point about Haru's personality, and you're 100% correct but what we've all been waiting for- at least by this episode- is that Haru would try to change his violent attitude and ways. He even KNOWS he should change, and needs to change especially if he wants to win over Shizuku because Shizuku herself has stated on multiple occasions that she doesn't like it when he's violent. Why is he clearly ignoring her wishes and feelings? If he really cared about her, and if he were really growing up alongside Shizuku who has decided to recognize the feelings she has for him (emotions which even her brain doesn't understand), he'd try to be less violent and more understanding. Although he has no 'real experience' with friends and relationships, it's been 10 episodes. He has SOME experience and a lot of people to rely on by now and therefore there's no excuse for most his childish behavior. It's not cute.
Dec 4, 2012 7:34 PM

Oct 2010
haru looks so scary. *scared*. and he's also an idiot. "then you won't go to prep school right?" *quote* but somehow, for the past 10 episode, i can't shake the feeling that i'm starting to like haru and his crazy behaviour. *it's really weird* . And, shizuku is really cute this episode, especially at the christmast party *when she was eating* and she was conffesing to haru *before haru said something stupid that is. lol*. natsume-chan is really cute also this episode. the way she sulk, blush, and scold was drawn perfectely. The jokes is the same as always, refreshing *no argument there right?*. The only set back is that the story is finally become interesting but there were only 3 ep left *what's with that!?*. There's still a few thing that I didn't say but in conclusion, I think this is a great episode.
"Be engulfed by the flames of darkness and begone!" - Dark Flame Master
Dec 4, 2012 7:37 PM

Oct 2010
Spirai said:
Finally! Shizuku finally makes up her mind! But Haru hasn't evolved one bit! Heck, we were even hinted that he might have thrown Yamaken off the stairs for liking Shizuku. What is up with the random violence?! Even Yamaken was violent, but towards Natsume which is really going to lather up some hate for his character. I don't understand why the producers are using violence to show that both boys like the girl and etc. It's not cute at all. It just makes me feel disturbed. The only good guy here was Sasayan, he casually just realizes what he feels but doesn't go stabbing or revealing it to Mitsuyoshi. Instead, he just acknowledges his feelings and walks away. They should have a boys' talk or something with Sasayan lecturing Haru on how to act like a real man for the woman he loves instead of just caging her in =.= And what's up with Natsume and Mitsuyoshi now? Why are we adding in another love triangle here? Why does everyone have to fall in love?

Haru's really ridiculous now. I don't see any progress in the relationship, there was no moment of understanding or even a random epiphany, all there was were a bunch of love triangles, some random gang guys, touchy feely Oshima and Natsume, and freaky violent Yamaken and Haru. I don't understand how they're going to wrap this up with three more episodes. What is this 'pause point' they've established in the manga? Where is the character growth? It's been about 6 or so months in the anime, why are they still stuck that way? When are Haru and Shizuku going to have a REAL talk where they discuss what their relationship is and what it's about and how they'll treat each other and etc? Why is it just Shizuku saying "yeah I love you" and Haru glad and then that's it? I'd rather they just do nothing and go back to normal everyday hang out routines than Haru going all controlling boyfriend on her >.<

simple. because haru is an idiot.
"Be engulfed by the flames of darkness and begone!" - Dark Flame Master
Dec 4, 2012 7:57 PM

Jul 2009
aaahhh shit, I want everyone to be happy... except Haru, he's an idiot.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 4, 2012 9:20 PM

Dec 2011
Yandere Haru was so scary, whattahell... ._.'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2012 1:33 AM

Jul 2012
Spirai said:
Finally! Shizuku finally makes up her mind! But Haru hasn't evolved one bit! Heck, we were even hinted that he might have thrown Yamaken off the stairs for liking Shizuku. What is up with the random violence?! Even Yamaken was violent, but towards Natsume which is really going to lather up some hate for his character. I don't understand why the producers are using violence to show that both boys like the girl and etc. It's not cute at all. It just makes me feel disturbed. The only good guy here was Sasayan, he casually just realizes what he feels but doesn't go stabbing or revealing it to Mitsuyoshi. Instead, he just acknowledges his feelings and walks away. They should have a boys' talk or something with Sasayan lecturing Haru on how to act like a real man for the woman he loves instead of just caging her in =.= And what's up with Natsume and Mitsuyoshi now? Why are we adding in another love triangle here? Why does everyone have to fall in love?

Haru's really ridiculous now. I don't see any progress in the relationship, there was no moment of understanding or even a random epiphany, all there was were a bunch of love triangles, some random gang guys, touchy feely Oshima and Natsume, and freaky violent Yamaken and Haru. I don't understand how they're going to wrap this up with three more episodes. What is this 'pause point' they've established in the manga? Where is the character growth? It's been about 6 or so months in the anime, why are they still stuck that way? When are Haru and Shizuku going to have a REAL talk where they discuss what their relationship is and what it's about and how they'll treat each other and etc? Why is it just Shizuku saying "yeah I love you" and Haru glad and then that's it? I'd rather they just do nothing and go back to normal everyday hang out routines than Haru going all controlling boyfriend on her >.<

Indeed. Absolutely zero character growth on Haru's part. He's such a fucking lunatic that even Yamaken seems like a gentleman in comparison. But hey! Its all good! Shizuku loves Haru so we should too.....right?
Dec 7, 2012 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahh nice episode. Only three episodes left -.-
Dec 7, 2012 7:01 AM

Apr 2012
Haru and Yamaken rivals, so sweet! ♥ I love Yamaken, but Haru must be with Shizuku. No option.
my english is weak, sorry
Dec 7, 2012 7:38 AM

Sep 2012
I still enjoyed the episode, but why do I feel like this is going downhill? =/

But well, Yamaken is my favourite male character of the series, so I don't mind his increasing appearances.
Dec 7, 2012 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Every character is funny.
Especially Oshima in this episode.
Dec 7, 2012 8:57 PM

Nov 2009
Everyone in this series is just too cute. Ah, but noooo! >.< I didn't like Yamaken this much in the manga! I really love him in the anime, but I don't want to because Haru x Shizuku is still my OTP and I don't want to feel bad for Yamaken. And... I actually started feeling bad for him. Haru's possessiveness annoyed me a bit in this episode. I think part of it was his voice though (I still don't particularly like the pick for his VA).

Also, needs more Sasayan and Natsume. Shoot, I'd watch a whole anime centered on Natsume. She's my baby.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.