Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 7, 2012 11:14 PM

Jul 2011
This episode made me laugh throughout the entire time. I love this series!

So someone mentioned 3 episodes left, I hope we get a 2nd season. :D
Dec 8, 2012 12:34 PM

Feb 2010
@MoonxArtemis - LOVE your Kamisama sig ^^<3

Great episode... Loved that Shizuku finally said she loved him
Dec 8, 2012 12:45 PM

Oct 2012
Another great episode. I can empathize with Oshima and Yamaken. I mean, how do you react when the object of your affection can't make up their minds? I really, really hate this on again, off again relationship. Of course when Mitty finally makes a firm decision Haru has to go off a be a possessive little bugger. I'm also still very interested in finding out why Natsume was crying in the first episode.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Dec 8, 2012 1:00 PM

Mar 2012
*Facepalm so hard at Haru's response to Mitty's love proclamation*
Dec 8, 2012 7:27 PM

Oct 2011
My feelings for Yameken are so mixed at the moment, but i guess i dont hate him at least, but WHAT THE HELL HARU!!! why you so Overprotective, i understand you love her but BRUH chill the Eff out. Other wise Great Episode
Dec 9, 2012 7:39 PM

Sep 2007
o3o Oh man.... I do wonder what Haru was about to do to Yamaken before Shizuka called out to him.....part of me thought he'd kinda go innocent-starry-eyed "OMG MY FIRST RIVAL??" kind of reaction (like he did in the beginning when he went all starry eyed about Shizuka being friendly with him)

and didn't think he'd do anything violent until Yamaken brought it up in hindsight....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 10, 2012 1:58 AM

May 2012
Amutofan123 said:
Everyone in this series is just too cute. Ah, but noooo! >.< I didn't like Yamaken this much in the manga! I really love him in the anime, but I don't want to because Haru x Shizuku is still my OTP and I don't want to feel bad for Yamaken. And... I actually started feeling bad for him. Haru's possessiveness annoyed me a bit in this episode. I think part of it was his voice though (I still don't particularly like the pick for his VA).

Also, needs more Sasayan and Natsume. Shoot, I'd watch a whole anime centered on Natsume. She's my baby.

God yes. Yamaken is awesome, and Natsume is damn adorable. I was hoping for a bit of Sasayan x Natsume.
Dec 11, 2012 7:35 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
For me, this episode was a highlight.

I found there to be many humourous moments throughout the episode and Yamaken also played a bigger role here.

Unfortunately, I still find that Sasayan doesn't quite fit in perfectly and it feels as if he is lacking some spotlight in the show.

Overall, I found this episode ended on quite the positive note.
Dec 11, 2012 7:40 PM

Jul 2012
Natsume is honestly the best female character in this series. I'm still rooting for Natsume X Sasayan, however unlikely it might be, since he always seems to get sidelined all the time >.< There might be a hint of Sasayan actually liking Natsume as he mentioned about how he lost the race after he realised that Natsume actually fell for Mitsuyoshi, fingers crossed...
Dec 14, 2012 6:02 AM

Jun 2008
ElenirLachlagos said:
Spirai said:
It's not cute at all. It just makes me feel disturbed.
I'm glad someone else feels that way.
I mean WTF? Haru's jealous, controlling, violent. What about that is cute? That's just sick. What's wrong with people? I guess it's those women that say "but he did it because he loves me" after they've been beaten up by their boyfriends.

Indeed. His really behaving like an asshole. At this moment i kind of wish the blond guy actually steal his girl.
Except that he has no control towards his violent tendencies he also thinks the girl is his possession if she loves him. What an ass!

Natsume has completely fallen for that older guy. I think it's kind of normal if you think about it. Since she's the pretty cute type of girl that boys fond over it would have been hard for her to get attracted to one of those boys since such behavior has became cliche and annoying to her so the older cool looking guy that is kind indifferent to her charms but strong and able to protect seems like a really shining difference in-frond of all the other boys of her age.

My poor Oshiro got hurt again. I saw wanna hug that girl protect her and never let her go.
Dec 14, 2012 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
Kyaa, I like Yamaken!^^ Dislike the glasses chick though .___. Lol, at the end when he didn't get what she said xD So, I guess Yamaken's still got a chance to be with her.. Hmm, wonder what's gonna happen now..? O: Ahh, and we also found out that Sasahara really does like Natsume! But he realizes he lost to Mi-chan >.<
Dec 15, 2012 3:56 AM

Jul 2011
ElenirLachlagos said:
Spirai said:
I mean WTF? Haru's jealous, controlling, violent. What about that is cute? That's just sick. What's wrong with people? I guess it's those women that say "but he did it because he loves me" after they've been beaten up by their boyfriends.

True! I was even surprised. And if I were to put myself in Shizuku's shoes, I suddenly thought it would be scary to have someone like Haru :/
If I became a Hunter, I can catch all my family member and sell them for high price
Dec 15, 2012 10:04 PM
Sep 2012
Only 3 episodes left!? How are they going to pick it up in 3 episodes!?
Dec 18, 2012 11:58 PM

Jun 2012
I'm all for Haru and Shizuka, but Haru is getting quite.....disturbing.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Dec 21, 2012 7:41 PM
Jul 2011
Yamaken is so cute. So is Haru. But I really like Yamaken>//<
smilexbabex33Dec 21, 2012 7:49 PM
That awkward moment when you're watching yaoi then all of a sudden someone walks in...
Dec 22, 2012 7:12 AM

Sep 2006
Haru is really creepy. This is the first time we see him going into a violent streak without a morally justifiable excuse or just plain naivety - he intentionally wants to hurt other people to get what he wants.
Dec 25, 2012 7:04 AM

Apr 2010
Oshima was so funny feeling out of place like that guess she needs to get used to the group of strange people like that.
The reaction of her friend towards Haru was funny as well.

The prep thing seems hard when Haru is in such a mood he can be pretty obsessive when he is worried hope he gets over it tho.
Dec 28, 2012 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
the progression in this episode was really lovely. :) i love how natsume is helping with haru's and shizuku's relationship. and it's now apparent that she has a thing for mi-chan. but i can't help but feel sorry for sasayan, he accepts that she loves someone else so well. :(
and im so sosososo glad shizuku has confessed her love to haru, hopefully they'll start going out soon!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2012 8:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yandere strong in this one.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 4, 2013 3:02 AM

Jan 2011
I actually watched this yesterday but I forgot to update MAL.
I hadn't watched this in a while and the comedy was refreshing, looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 9, 2013 4:14 PM

Apr 2012
SetsukoHara said:

So Haru is a Yandere? Reallly interesting.

So I wasn't the only one who thought this.
Jan 16, 2013 3:22 AM

Jan 2012
O_O
Jan 20, 2013 1:57 AM

Jun 2009
bonifide said:
Natsume is damn annoying so glad Yamaken grabbed her. She act like she's the helps people but all she does is ruin stuff.

I actually like the Mitty x Yamaken setup more now. I kind of wish Haru pushed him that way he will never be able to get Mitty again. LOL

ElenirLachlagos said:
Spirai said:

Yeah its pretty damn sick. He's basically a control freak. If they was married she would run away from him. Haru would injure anybody male if they tried to flirt with her.

I feel exactly the same, Haru's violent attitude is really making me detest his character even though he has other moments where he is shown to be nice/caring. As others have pointed out, he is very childish and honestly should not be in a romantic relationship at all because he still needs to learn how to interact with other people. Shizuku also doesn't know how to interact with people due to being alone so often before, but unlike Haru she is not naturally violent and even though she can be cold she is also capable of realizing how her behavior impacts on others and can learn how to change. Despite the moving declaration of love scenes (which are at this point getting old and repetitive) Haru/Shizuku are full of fail as a pairing at this stage of the series. It's a pity really because I feel like this show had a lot of potential but has ended up being about a pointless relationship where one person is always confessing but they never get together because one of them is always being an idiot.
Jan 22, 2013 7:23 AM

Apr 2009
Woah he's really gonna push Yamaken off the rail? o_O Not cool Haru!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 28, 2013 8:53 PM

Nov 2011
Haha, I love the characters in this anime!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 9, 2013 8:04 AM
Jul 2018

Poor Haru. Shizuku won't listen to him. XD
Feb 21, 2013 12:54 AM

Sep 2011
If only Haru has a mature way of thinking... :|

Mar 7, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not sure how the majority of the people actually hate Haru, he's probably the funniest character i've ever seen, I on the other hand, hate Mitty being incredibly conceited, and how every single episode ends with the "I love you" and somehow in the next episode, we're back to square one not liking each other....very little progress in 11 episodes, if it wasn't for the fact I laugh alot to this show, I would have dropped it already

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 27, 2013 3:31 AM

May 2012
Nice episode the near end part when she finally says what's up her mind was quite nice... but than that ending, I'm really not sure how things will go between those two!
Mar 28, 2013 3:28 PM

May 2011
Lmfao this episode was full of laughs everywhere. And so was Natsume's adorableness.

Nice going Haru -_-. Lol I like Mitty's angry look though.
Apr 3, 2013 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
Ah damn it they confessed to each other things were going alright and that messed up ending....hope Haru sends that blonde guy to hospital soon.
May 15, 2013 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
he would have pushed him if Shizuku didnt call his name thats twice he has shown his yandere side
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jun 13, 2013 8:24 PM
Apr 2013
Whoa Haru's eyes at the end there. He was gonna push the Yamaken wasn't he? That was really yandere-like...

I kinda like Shizuku with Yamaken too, though he is a snob, lol.
WithoutIdentityJun 13, 2013 8:28 PM
Jul 10, 2013 10:34 PM

Apr 2011
For some reason, this anime reminds me of Lovely Complex!
Jul 23, 2013 9:46 PM

Apr 2013
Finally! this was dragging too much for two people who obviously like each other.Shizuku was awesome this episode.
Jul 28, 2013 2:48 PM

Feb 2011
As much as I like Haru most of the time, his overly violent behaviors are a major turn off. I understand his past, not knowing how to love, and all other personal issues that back these negative behaviors, but by now I feel he should be changing for the better, at least I thought that was the direction we were supposed to be heading. But every time he seems like he's taking a step forward he falls back ten. This episode would have been a great opportunity to show some personal growth. I was really hoping that the dramatic build up on the balcony would end with Haru making the personal choice not to harm Yamaken, but in the end it appears the only thing that kept him from potentially pushing Yamaken over the balcony was Shizuku's arrival.

I think Haru's over the top personality and Shizuku's lacklusterness could compliment each other well, but as it is, I don't see them realistically reaching that romantic end. I'm still enjoying the show, but as mentioned by a few others, I feel this anime just isn't meeting its full potential. Instead of the see-saw of love confessions, seeing our MC help each other in their struggles to overcome their behavioral problems and develop into better functioning individuals would have been a much more satisfying story. As it stands, I keep waiting for Haru to go into one of his rage fits and accidentally putting Shizuku in the hospital while she brushes it off because at least now she can stay in bed and study all she wants.

Sudden thought: Maybe that's what's actually supposed to happen. Haru's already punched her lights out by mistake before. If he really lost all control and seriously hurt Shizuku it would certainly pound some sense into his head, enough to make him rethink his actions even?

Eh, guess I will have to wait and see.
Aug 17, 2013 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was fine Shizuku finally confessed her feelings to Haru but she did go for the winter prep course ...duhh...man there should be limit of studying for this the character of Shizuku makes very odd and dull where as making Haru cheerful and always or excited mood to do anything make the character COOL!!
Feb 13, 2014 5:00 AM

Jan 2008
This was a really cute episode and I hope everyone gets to end up with someone like Blondie with Megame chick

Sh*t forgot her name the one who likes Haru's Cousin but her end up with the other friend having trouble remembering his name to I dont know why that isnt normal even after this many episodes for some reason just one of those animes
Apr 6, 2014 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode :D

Ahh Kurismasu Patii!!!

Lol i love how Haru outright told everyone that Yamaken is in love with Shizuku out of nowhere XD

Natsume with that mask and cape is gorgeous!!!

It seems she's getting more and more in love with Mitsuyoshi-san!

Still it was gutsy of Natsume of telling Yamaken has no chance with Shizuku, same with Ooshima with Haru XD

I actually thought Haru would really push Yamaken like that. Even though i hate his voice actor(despite having a good voice, he's more of a prick in real life: read Kokoro Connect scandal) That would be low of Haru.

Finally Shizuku is true to her feelings, yet can't stop studying XD

I can't wait for more episodes!!
May 13, 2014 5:07 PM
Mar 2013
Who doesn't a christmas centered episode. I'm glad we got to see more of Natsume, she hasn't been getting much screen time lately.

As if last episode's hint wasn't enough, I'm pretty sure she's in love with Mitsuyoshi. He's a pretty nice guy. He reminds me of Jin from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.

I think Kenji already knows he has no chance with Shizuku. I still think he's awesome because he's helping Haru and Shizuku get together and not caring about himself.
May 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, haha, I really liked the metaphor with the spider web tale, when Shizuku have ''cut her string'' as Haru was so close to getting her :P
Dat ending too xD

Poor Yamaken though, he really has no chance.

That was the oddest christmas party I've seen x)
Natsume sure know how to fuck things up :P
Never would have though when I started the serie that she would fall for Mi-chan :O

Sasayan had eyes for her, but I guess he'll start chasing after Oshima. Poor her, they are constantly beating the dead horse.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 5, 2015 9:06 AM

Dec 2007
Shizuku finally said it.
Jul 25, 2015 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
Hilarious episode! The love rivalry made it immensely great. ^_^

(☞゚∀゚)☞ It was super cute when Natsume tried to defend Mitty's and Harru's relationship.

Haru's jealousy and over-protective behavior was super intense! O_0
Dec 21, 2015 8:55 AM

May 2015
Haru's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Feb 10, 2016 3:55 PM

Jan 2015
Hahah I like it when Shizuku snaps :D It reminds me of a certain someone :D
Apr 18, 2016 7:48 PM

Feb 2013
Oh, Haru is being a complete jerk.
Jun 10, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2016
Haru is still too possessive over Shizuku... it seems that he's not a bad boy but needs people to explicitly tell him how he should act.
Jan 13, 2017 4:09 AM

Dec 2015
Haru can be pretty scary sometimes, that look he had...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 21, 2017 8:02 AM

Feb 2013
Haru doesn't trust her at all.
Mar 10, 2018 11:34 AM

May 2010
Not only is Haru totally possesive, he's also apparently yandere lol. Yamaken said "what if she says she likes me", and Haru looked like he was about to choke him, which means he doesn't even care for Shizuku's feelings at all lol. He needs some serious psychological treatment ASAP.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.