Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2012 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Too early for Christmas this yet still tbh. I lol'd @ Haru growling like an animal there. I also lol'd @ the way Natsume is dressed this episode. She's like a female phantom.

I also lol'd when she was talking to Kenji. Ha! It was tense to watch Haru and Kenji later on though. Anyways, nice episode again, 5/5.

Now just 22 days till the real Christmas begins here..

Stark700Dec 3, 2012 9:04 AM
Dec 3, 2012 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ RFC. Haru vs. YamaKen. So that's why Haru was in bad mood? Athletic girl is nervous around the uncle and worried about the rivals for the relations between Haru and Shizuku. Christmas Party time.

Wow, Haru's eyes became scary for a while. Haru's jealousy made Shizuku made up her mind, though she's still going cramming.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 3, 2012 10:55 AM

Nov 2008
Well it is at least a step in the right direction. But with three episodes left, it doesn't seem like there will be a conclusive ending.
Dec 3, 2012 11:23 AM

Jun 2012
The way the story progressed this episode: I approve : D

Instead of dragging the tension on between the cast it's either dealt with or expanded upon. I really liked the subtelty used in this episode such as the looks or where the camera pans at moments. When Yamaken was talking with Haru and Yamaken wasn't sure if Haru would push him off the stairs I was shocked. So since Haru and Mitty have reaffirmed their love for each other, are they a couple now?

Out of the entire cast though, I feel for Sasayan the most. He gets the least amount of screen time even though he's just as compelling as any of the other main group and he reaffirms that his love, Natsume, likes Mi-chan. Natsume is arguably my favorite character at the moment in the series because I find how she deals with friendship and conflicts compelling. Earlier when she has always wanted to give Mitty advice was already a highlight for me but this episode just made me like her even more when she tried to set boundaries between Yamaken, Mitty, and Haru. Just like the cast said, her social awkwardness is also funny like when she pretty much says Oshima has no chance so its okay to be with Haru in front of her face.
Dec 3, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
Finally! Shizuku finally makes up her mind! But Haru hasn't evolved one bit! Heck, we were even hinted that he might have thrown Yamaken off the stairs for liking Shizuku. What is up with the random violence?! Even Yamaken was violent, but towards Natsume which is really going to lather up some hate for his character. I don't understand why the producers are using violence to show that both boys like the girl and etc. It's not cute at all. It just makes me feel disturbed. The only good guy here was Sasayan, he casually just realizes what he feels but doesn't go stabbing or revealing it to Mitsuyoshi. Instead, he just acknowledges his feelings and walks away. They should have a boys' talk or something with Sasayan lecturing Haru on how to act like a real man for the woman he loves instead of just caging her in =.= And what's up with Natsume and Mitsuyoshi now? Why are we adding in another love triangle here? Why does everyone have to fall in love?

Haru's really ridiculous now. I don't see any progress in the relationship, there was no moment of understanding or even a random epiphany, all there was were a bunch of love triangles, some random gang guys, touchy feely Oshima and Natsume, and freaky violent Yamaken and Haru. I don't understand how they're going to wrap this up with three more episodes. What is this 'pause point' they've established in the manga? Where is the character growth? It's been about 6 or so months in the anime, why are they still stuck that way? When are Haru and Shizuku going to have a REAL talk where they discuss what their relationship is and what it's about and how they'll treat each other and etc? Why is it just Shizuku saying "yeah I love you" and Haru glad and then that's it? I'd rather they just do nothing and go back to normal everyday hang out routines than Haru going all controlling boyfriend on her >.<
SpiraiDec 3, 2012 11:29 AM
Dec 3, 2012 11:34 AM
Dec 2010
I liked the fact that Shizuku finally confessed! Good episode in all aspects.
Dec 3, 2012 11:38 AM
Sep 2011
Okay maybe this was just me but was the animation in this episode lower quality than previous episodes? I am not gong to say it 100% is but I don't know something really looked off to me.
Dec 3, 2012 11:40 AM

Aug 2011
Really. For Tonari. I have no words. I JUST LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS AND EVERYTHING.

Can Haru just stop being so adorable.
Can Yamaken stop being so adorable.
Can the music stop being so beautiful.

kasjdflasjdlfkadsf

@Spirai: The violence comes from Haru's frustration. He's been put off by Shizuku so many times and is very uncertain of her feelings. Also, he has never had any friends and has a violent history as well. He's new to this feeling of love, and feels that if he isn't obsessed/possessive over Shizuku, she won't stay with him.

Everyone has a bad, violent side inside of them, hiding somewhere in the corner. For Haru, it's just easier to use that side of him. When you figure out another person, will be spending an entire few weeks with the person that you love, and you won't get time with them, not to mention that this other person is also in love with them you will bound to get frustrated.

And I highly doubt that Haru would have actually pushed Yamaken. He would have realized what he was doing and stopped. No matter how violent Haru is, he would not have attempted murder.

That being said, I'm still happy that Shizuku snapped Haru out of it in time. Yamaken~~ >//<
LaciieDec 3, 2012 11:46 AM
Dec 3, 2012 11:55 AM

May 2011
Lol it's kinda crazy how Haru is the smartest person in the show while being the dumbest person in the show..but i love how fun and cute this anime is.
<center></center>
Dec 3, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
Another watch while in the work. Now thats real love for tonari right there.

Natsume was being a bit mean today towards Yamaken and Ooshima. But she had nothing but trying to be the cupid for Shizuku and Haru which I strongly support. ♥

The rest of the episode with Haru's tension and Yamaken's calmness were made of win.

I love the boys those hang around with Yamaken. I also had similar friends back in the school days. Since we were from an Elite All Boys School, some of us used to go crazy just being able be around girls from other schools. Those good old cram school days. But that was just a part of being growing up and we definitely had no bad intention or anything lol. Just being able to attend something with girls even though we were just going to cram schools made our day!

As for Shizuku confessing to Haru, I have it hard to believe that she already confessed to him in so many different circumstances yet all of them felt so refreshing even though it has been the same two of them.

I really hope Brains Base take this anime to Natsume Yuujinchou route. HERE HOPING FOR MULTIPLE SEASONS!

5/5 for an amazingly entertaining episode yet again! ♥
shanimebibDec 3, 2012 12:01 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 3, 2012 12:04 PM
Mar 2012
Spirai said:
It's not cute at all. It just makes me feel disturbed.
I'm glad someone else feels that way.
I mean WTF? Haru's jealous, controlling, violent. What about that is cute? That's just sick. What's wrong with people? I guess it's those women that say "but he did it because he loves me" after they've been beaten up by their boyfriends.
Dec 3, 2012 12:05 PM

Oct 2010
Natsume is damn annoying so glad Yamaken grabbed her. She act like she's the helps people but all she does is ruin stuff.

I actually like the Mitty x Yamaken setup more now. I kind of wish Haru pushed him that way he will never be able to get Mitty again. LOL

ElenirLachlagos said:
Spirai said:
It's not cute at all. It just makes me feel disturbed.
I'm glad someone else feels that way.
I mean WTF? Haru's jealous, controlling, violent. What about that is cute? That's just sick. What's wrong with people? I guess it's those women that say "but he did it because he loves me" after they've been beaten up by their boyfriends.

Yeah its pretty damn sick. He's basically a control freak. If they was married she would run away from him. Haru would injure anybody male if they tried to flirt with her.
bonifideDec 3, 2012 12:10 PM
Dec 3, 2012 12:15 PM
May 2012
who needs haru ?...
seriously the best choice would be yamaken, but i guess it ain't gonna happen
Dec 3, 2012 12:25 PM

May 2012
very cute natsume with a very funny ep.. :)

Dec 3, 2012 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
THOSE EYES, THOSE FREAKEN EYES WERE AWESOME!!...Poor Yamaken he must have pissed himself XD

But really I keep laughing at how Yamaken denies he's in love with Shizuku, and unconsciousely does stuff that makes him know that he likes her hahaha.

Lol'd at the last part with Yuu and Chizuru..."is that the guy u like"
"U gotta be joking" ahahaha XD
Dec 3, 2012 12:29 PM
May 2012
ClementIV said:
Well it is at least a step in the right direction. But with three episodes left, it doesn't seem like there will be a conclusive ending.

This... i read the manga up to chapter 32 and i wonder how will they decide to finish the anime, 3 episodes is not enough for mitty arc and the whole Yamaken mess...
Maybe they will leave it open and make a second season much later (i wish).

edl01 said:
Okay maybe this was just me but was the animation in this episode lower quality than previous episodes? I am not gong to say it 100% is but I don't know something really looked off to me.

And this... i also though something was wrong but i though it was just me.. something about the faces, lol
Vanilla23Dec 3, 2012 12:32 PM
Dec 3, 2012 12:35 PM

Sep 2012
Very good episode until this last minute that makes me wonder even more the need of all those back and forth in the ShizukuxHaru relationship.

So Haru is a Yandere? Reallly interesting.
Dec 3, 2012 12:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Haru has no idea of how to be in a relationship. Childish and possessive, he doesn't try to understand Shizuku's priorities Even though Yamaken does nothing for me as a character, he'd probably make better boyfriend material for Shizuku than Haru.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2012 1:00 PM

May 2011
LOL @ the end. I guess Haru is very obsessive there towards Shizuku
Dec 3, 2012 1:16 PM

Aug 2012
Yes everyone knows what's going to happen next... Shizuku telling Haru that she loves him and not to worry... we all know she likes Yamaguchi.

She does nothing to make him feel secure, other than hold his hand when they're alone and then in the days she just study non-stop. She could even ask Haru to help with her studies.

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 3, 2012 1:26 PM

Mar 2009
To me, the confessing or rejecting on the stairs never gets old lol.

I don't think haru doesn't trust Mitty I think he doesn't trust Yamaken.
I don't think he would have pushed Yamaken off the stairs I think he would've made him hang over it then pull him back. Haru's world revolves around Mitty, the thought off Mitty leaving him makes him forget himself.

Anyway I'm sure Yamaken will give it his all lol
Cat Love

Dec 3, 2012 1:26 PM

May 2011
Natsume is so cute. The way she unintentionally insulted Oshima and tried to cheer her up was too good.

Also, anime can embellish anything. Sakurasou and Chuunibyou are embellishing autism, while Tonari here is embellishing relationship abuse from males. Haru beats Shizuku and constantly stalks while yelling at her. And people think this is cute? Please. Natsume is cute. That is all.
Dec 3, 2012 1:31 PM

Jan 2012
I don't know why but I start to like Yamaken more. Haru is geting boring and annoying.

Dec 3, 2012 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
Let's just all remember the condition of most of Haru's past relationships: he had no friends and had a lot of problems with his family. He's got a natural difficulty to normally deal with other people, that's why he's so animalized. Haru is just following his instincts when facing feelings like jealousy and love - both which brings feelings of possession - and he doesn't have this " behaviour filter" most of people develop to be able to be accepted in society.

I'm not saying his right nor am I totally defending him. I just understand why he acts like this. Of course, I hope Haru realizes he's got to change if he wants to be with Shizuku - whose behaviour isn't usual as well, but much more acceptable. She is changing little by little, and he is supposed to do the same.
Dec 3, 2012 2:18 PM

Jun 2010
I'm really curious about the ending now. The anime seems to be following the manga (if I remember correctly), but there definitely isn't anything conclusive in the manga coming up. I'm hoping that they'll keep sticking to the manga, not really wrap things up, and have a second season when the manga is farther along. :)
Dec 3, 2012 2:51 PM

Apr 2012
Quite the heartwarming episode, but really, how many times do they have to confess their love for each other before they kiss or actually become an item?
Dec 3, 2012 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
This was one of the best episodes in a good while. Haven't laughed this hard during the show since after the beginning. I was starting to get bored of it in these latest episodes, but this reminded me of why it was one of my favorite of the season when it started.

Anyway, I made some GIFs (on Spoiler below)!

You can click here for the Minus gallery!
Dec 3, 2012 3:02 PM

Sep 2012
Enjoyable episode, even though the animation seems to be a bit lacking this episode.

I am glad that they added the Sasayan's "It's not fair, feels like i lost" comment from the manga in this episode.
Dec 3, 2012 3:04 PM

Mar 2012
This was a pretty good and somewhat interesting episode; likely the best since the fourth, but, unfortunately, it still felt rather unsatisfying, due largely to the implications for the next episode and the potentially fleeting nature of the meaningful developments in this one, while also lacking a compelling focus, as it essentially established and explored the full fruition of both triangles, which, despite the wonderfully energetic atmosphere, didn’t thoroughly complement a heightened level of enjoyment, which has been a disappointingly familiar predictability that the show has slipped into ever since Chizuru’s introduction. Thankfully, despite these occasionally noticeable flaws, the lighthearted nature of the episode was quite effective, only ever slipping into a dramatic interlude momentarily.

Though this is essentially the third time it's occurred, my favorite sequence was Shizuku's terrific confession, which was a rather satisfying and immensely refreshing moment. The ending should have been entirely fantastic, and, for the most part, it was, as Shizuku is finally compelled to elaborate on her love for Haru and, for a very brief moment, it seems that their perpetually stalled relationship would develop in a significant manner, but even this supposedly satisfying interaction was ultimately sabotaged by a tiring monotony, in which Shizuku, rather understandably, decides to continue with her classes, which, of course, Haru misunderstands, thus diminishing the nearly meaningful nature of said development. This perception is strengthened by the very last scene, in which it appears that their relationship has, once again, reverted back to the tiresome status quo.

Haru is easily the best character, as he possesses an immensely layered characterization, but his eccentric personality was somewhat inconsistent and exaggerated at particular moments; not detrimentally so, but it portrayed a lack of properly noticeable character development. Of course, Shizuku's partially at fault, since her naturally apathetic exterior has, to Haru, created a perception of seeming indifference to their relationship, which certainly isn't an accurate assessment, but perfectly understandable in relation to Haru's social awkwardness, and, in combination with his necessary distrust of Yamaken, it creates an intermittent sort of possessive inclination. Despite this, his relationship with Shizuku is great, as their interactions are exceptionally good, suffused with a natural, often comedic, but occasionally romantic, chemistry, so it's disappointing that, since the fifth episode, there's been no substantial development within their relationship, which, of course, I'm hoping will be satisfyingly remedied by the conclusion.

Yamaken remains a considerably unlikable character, rarely displaying moments of genuine intrigue, hardly providing any element of worth to the narrative. As such, his heightened involvement has become highly tedious and repetitive, as his contrived appearances only serve to artificially interfere with a relationship that has been devoid of significant development for far too long already. This, yet again, is illustrated by Yamaken conveniently attending the same course as Shizuku throughout the winter break, which will inevitably only serve to reaffirm Yamaken's feelings for Shizuku. Hopefully, it will also motivate Haru into action, but I'm not exactly confident in this slim possibility. His dull personality really doesn’t complement the interactions he continues to have with Shizuku, since it’s far too detrimentally similar to Shizuku’s own characterization. As such, the entirety of his rather thin characterization seems to solely consist of the tendency to arrogantly interfere with Haru and Shizuku‘s relationship, while constantly feigning innocence and internally denying the feelings he clearly has towards her, which, though necessary for a triangle to be formed, is an aspect of character development that I couldn't care less about, especially since it’s arrived as the story nears it’s potentially unsatisfying and needlessly chaotic conclusion.

Natsume continues to be one of the best and certainly the most perceptive character, particularly displayed by her excellent confrontation with Yamaken in the hallway, in which she comprehensively noticed and subsequently mentioned the ridiculous and unwanted nature of Yamaken's continued idiocy. Her interactions with others are always great, especially those she has with Haru, and, in this particular episode, her momentary interactions with Chizuru were hilarious. Even though it's consistently amusing, it's somewhat disappointing that she's still seemingly infatuated with Mitsuyoshi, as this will likely be a development that won't receive proper closure. It definitely appears that Sasayan has developed considerable feelings for Natsume, as unmistakably illuminated by his dismissive remark to Mitsuyoshi that suggested he had lost, which is an excellent aspect of his characterization, but, similar to Natsume's feelings for Mitsuyoshi, it seems unlikely that this will be resolved by the end of the show, since, above all, it appears inevitable that Natsume will eventually end in a relationship with Sasayan.

The elements of a triangle that have increasingly filtered into the narrative are disappointingly predictable, as the show has marginally, though not irrevocably, deteriorated into the conventional structure of a shoujo, which, in turn, has induced a plethora of cliché disruptions within Haru and Shizuku’s relationship, ultimately detracting from the energetic nature of the show, and, as a result, the story has lost it's momentum, particularly in regards to the romantic aspect. As such, I'm hoping that this latest development is a lasting one, but that remains a thoroughly uncertain proposition. Unfortunately, the narrative execution has been mediocre throughout the latter half of the show, lingering on monotonous complications and uninteresting characters for an extensive amount of time, isolating these diversions into a state of irritating repetition. It's also retracted previous character development for Haru and Shizuku, temporarily accentuating their respective flaws that had supposedly lessened over the course of the show, in order to cheaply lengthen the tenuous element within their relationship, such as Haru's erratic, but occasionally understandable, behavior in this episode or Shizuku's naive attempts to delay the realization of their relationship by unnecessarily resolving to solely focus on studying earlier in the story, which seem all too sudden and deliberately manufactured.

The visuals are remarkably consistent, due, in large part, to the superb aesthetic, which excellently illuminates the lively atmosphere that pervades through the majority of scenes, displayed most notably throughout the scene in which Haru and Shizuku converse as they walk through their decorative city, which wouldn't have been nearly as effective without the colorful vibrancy that heightened the enjoyable nature of those moments. The animation was quite inconsistent throughout, though impressive during the final sequence, in which Shizuku's subtle movements and various expressions were captured quite well.

All in all, Tonari slightly improved with this episode, essentially illustrating an impressive balance that has been practically absent for so long. Of course, due to the inclusion of several ancillary characters and trite developments, it still fails to reach the brilliance of the first four episodes, which is disappointing, but expected, given the needlessly complicated nature of the narrative. As such, it’s narrative flaws and predictable contrivances remain very noticeable, and, in turn, this creates a somewhat illusory effect that permeates throughout several meaningful developments, such as Shizuku's confession, since they seem potentially short-lived. I’m not really looking forward to the next episode, as, judging by the title, it appears to be an episode that includes an insufferable prevalence of Yamaken’s developing feelings and inconsequential moments of purposeful interference. Of course, with only three episodes left, these criticisms become more pronounced, as it seems an altogether flawed approach to storytelling, since it doesn’t exactly lend itself to a greatly satisfying conclusion.
Lelouch22Dec 3, 2012 4:48 PM
Dec 3, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
Asako is to damn cuuute!!
Dec 3, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
I feel a little bad for Yamaken, but Haru and Shizuku are just too perfect ^-^
Dec 3, 2012 3:29 PM

Aug 2011
Oh Haru YOU.
Dec 3, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder what Haru was actually going to do to Yamaken on the stairs, before Shizuku interrupted.
Dec 3, 2012 3:38 PM

Jan 2011
Guess some people are misunderstanding what kind of person Haru is oh well

lol love all those Natsume moments,man..only few more episodes left really hoping for a S2 few characters i really wanna see get animated in the future
Dec 3, 2012 3:54 PM
Nov 2012
I find it hilarious how Shizuku and Haru are so clueless about being in a relationship xdd The relationship is progressing SO AWESOME!!!! And also im rooting for Natsume and Sasahara :]
Dec 3, 2012 4:02 PM

Dec 2007
LOL Natsume wants to be a CHICKEN
Dec 3, 2012 4:25 PM

Jul 2011
oh goodie another confession what is that like 5 now???? how am i supposed to care about a relationship that takes 1 step forward and 8 steps back theyre at the same place they were in the first episode. it was a really anticlimactic, predictable moment :/
not to mention haru is getting incredibly out of hand. i cant tell if he's supposed to be incredibly emotionally unstable or if it's just terribly inconsistent characterization.
ive got a real problem with natsume though. she's such a terrible friend, why do they all put up with her?? she tries to turn everything into this fantasy world and thinks she has the right to orchestrate everyone's behavior. she's rude, bossy, immature, and unnecessarily nosy. she doesnt have the right to tell yamaken who he can and cant talk to, and she certainly didnt have the right to determine where ooshima's "place" is. she treats her friends more like dolls in a playhouse. its ironic that she was bullied for being too well liked by guys, because she's honestly one of the worst people in the series.
im starting to like shizuku a lot more, because she's thankfully not putting up with haru's utter bullshit. while i cant see why she likes him or wants to be in a relationship with him, she's not letting him walk all over her and control her like hes trying to do, so i have a lot of respect for her.
haru though
so many problems
selfish, over controlling, emotionally manipulative, violent, lack of self restraint, and incredibly immature
but what i think im getting most sick of is everyone excusing all this as simply being eccentric and ~weird~ which sure he is and thats all fine and dandy and i actually think that part of him is adorable, but when he starts to have a detrimental effect on everyone around him (mainly shizuku) i get a little worried. i want haru to get better, but his relationship with shizuku isn't helping him at all, and all he's done is become more possessive and afraid of others taking her away. he doesnt trust her, nor does he seem to be genuinely concerned about her wants, instead being angry when she doesnt comply to his demands.
im happy with there being more sasayan in this episode too, because his development has been pushed off lately and he's one of my favorites. i still think yamaken is the most interesting character, what with his kind of inner turmoil as he reluctantly pursues shizuku even though he knows it's hopeless, and the fact that he seems to be a lot more socially aware than most of the other characters. he's somewhat of an ass and he likes to mock people and act as if he's better than them, but i feel like shizuku keeps his ego in check, which is nice to watch.
while i have a lot problems with the characters in this show, i still think its really interesting. the animation and musical score are lovely, and im hoping that haru and shizuku's relationship will start progressing in a more positive way instead of this roller coaster thats dragged on for far too long. every bit of drama has been squeezed out of this relationship, and it's getting kind of old and tired.
read hatoful boyfriend
Dec 3, 2012 4:32 PM

May 2010
HARU IS AN IDIOT.

thank god he met shizuku! then again im pretty sure ooshima would put up with his behavoir also lol.
Dec 3, 2012 4:38 PM

Jul 2011
I can't really find it in me to support Haru. Something about him makes me dislike him. D:

So I'll go for Yamaken, though it's hopeless.

Shizuku getting pissed off is great. :D

And Natsume wants to be a chicken. XD

I want some more development with Natsume's relationships.
Dec 3, 2012 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, 3 episodes left, I think I have a general idea of where this will end, and I doubt it will be one of Those inconclusive endings
Dec 3, 2012 4:41 PM

Feb 2012
Another nice episode.

Is it just me? or the animation this episode is terrible compared to the previous ones?
Dec 3, 2012 4:45 PM
Sep 2012
Haru is so funny when he's a jealous idiot. I couldn't believe that he'd start yelling at people in the beginning and the way he was complaining to Shizuku in the end... hahahaha!

I'm so lovin this triangle. Kenji was so happy in the end and poor Chizuru never gets a break. LOL @ her friend making fun of her when she saw Haru.
Dec 3, 2012 5:01 PM

May 2009
Casperkid said:
HARU IS AN IDIOT.

thank god he met shizuku! then again im pretty sure ooshima would put up with his behavoir also lol.

Oshima has too weak personality (or close to none).
Dec 3, 2012 5:34 PM
Oct 2009
Raphow said:
who needs haru ?...
seriously the best choice would be yamaken, but i guess it ain't gonna happen

Yeah I think Yamaken and Shizuku would have been better!

Also.. Megane Yamaken! kyaaa!

SuzieDec 3, 2012 6:09 PM
Dec 3, 2012 6:07 PM
Sep 2012
I wonder how RFC's chicken compares to KFC's. Yamaken's little posse needs to slowly be introduced to girls. Like a picture before they see the real deal.
Dec 3, 2012 6:56 PM
Nov 2007
This anime is really about nothing after viewing this episode. How can you repeat the same scenarios that many times within ten episodes?
Dec 3, 2012 6:58 PM

Jun 2009
"hey bird, take me to the exit". that made my whole week omg
Dec 3, 2012 7:11 PM
Oct 2012
I loved when Mistuyoshi asked if Natsume was acting strange, and Haru responded "Natsume's always been strange", with Mitty agreeing saying: "she's a bit different from the rest of us."

Pot and kettle there.
Dec 3, 2012 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
I will be sad to see this go in three episodes but hopefully, they will wrap things up at least a bit.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 3, 2012 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
A good episode overall. I like that Shizuku realized what was going on with Haru and instead of going with her normal initial reaction of not caring. She decides to confess to Haru again and set his mind at ease, at least for one night. It's an interesting dynamic between Haru and Shizuku, and Yamaguchi and Shizuku. I can see reasons for Shizuku going with either one. For Yamaguchi, he is a lot more level headed and has the same priorities as her. You can see that Shizuku is impressed by this fact when she learns that he will also be taking the winter cram course. On the other hand you have Haru who is she can relate to more on a social level. They both don't know really how to interact with others in a normal way, so they aren't effected as easily by how the other acts.

On a side note, it might just be me but I find that side character relationships seem to draw me in more as series progress. I think it's because there is so much more uncertainty. I find myself at points during each episode hoping that something will happen between Sasahara and Natsume.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.