Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2012 1:29 AM

Jan 2012
So share your thoughts on this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2012 1:31 AM

Jan 2012
I like it. Maiden Rose has a lot of qualities that I look for in a yaoi, good art, a decent plot beyond the romance, likeable characters, and more than a couple of chapters. There is one thing that is starting to get really annoying for me. The flip from the past to the present every other chapter. Not to offense intended, but it like the mangaka has ADHD or something. I still can't wait for more. I like this series and I would read it without the yaoi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2014 12:04 AM

Apr 2011
I know this post is old...but I'll answer it anyway.

At first I thought it was your typical run-of-the-mill "rape then love" story. However the more times I read this the more understanding I had towards everything. It's a bit like the Matrix; the more times I view it, the more things I pick up and notice second time round.
Also, I agree with Kaizoku_Mugiwara in saying how it's so confusing. The whole story is mumbled up: back. Forth. Back. Forth. I get that it slowly fills the back-story in and gives us the reasons behind why Klaus/Taki act the way their do...but come on, if the story was told in order I would have a different appreciation for it--a part of me wants to put the chapters in order of events.

I will admit, it took a long time for me to appreciate this series for what it is. The wait for chapters helped me re-read this many times; I would have to re-read as I would tend to forget my placement when a new chapter is finally released. Also, when I knew chapter does get released I get the urge to start to whole series again.

I enjoy this immensely, however, I have a heavy feeling in my heart because I dread how Inariya will end this. I assume that it's going to be all up to Taki: will he have to choose between Klaus or his country? I know that this will be the conclusion of it all, and although I know this, I still have faith that I will get my happy ending. I'm optimistic.

Putting the drama aside, Inariya has the best darn art ever! Their love*cough*scenes are the best.

I love this manga--hell it's even in my top five favourites--but the wait is slowly killing me ><
Jun 30, 2014 11:47 AM

Sep 2008
Why are there so few chapters out when the manga started so long ago? :/
Jan 18, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2011
The series hasn't been updated since 2013 and I'm wondering if it's just on hiatus or... dropped at this point? Hopefully not the latter, the plot was just beginning to thicken :( I still have yet to get used to the time shifting between past and present without warning, but I'm sure a reason will come along where we'll go, "oh, so this is why it was important." Like a parallel between them will pop up at some point... maybe. Hopefully some news gets here soon!!
Feb 7, 2017 8:11 PM
Feb 2012
I have always really hated that the story begins with rape but unfortunately that's so common in male/male manga. I hope that 'trend' will drop since, despite being fictional, its still so toxic and gives a horrible demonizing image to the lgbt community. I can't forgive that, and I hope that nobody will try to excuse it. Despite that, there are many well done aspects in the series as well, I found that the art and writing in this story was very beautiful. The inner monologues of the characters were never boring, rather they were written in a very poetic and intriguing way. I became interested in learning more about the characters along the way. All in all, in my own opinion, the story had a very rough start and many icky aspects, but I'm glad to see that it improved along the way. It's been a long time since I read it and it still hasn't continued so it doesn't look like it will ever be completed, honestly.
May 26, 2017 10:24 PM

Apr 2016
I just read all 26 chapters in a day... I'm surprised, really. At first, I didn't enjoy the story very much, because of their abusive relationship, and I was unhappy to see the rape scenes. :( But this story somehow grew on me... When we discover their past, I was amazed by how deeply Taki and Klaus loved each other, and just how much they connected with each other. After reading a few posts online, I agree that both characters have their own struggles, which resulted in their miscommunication during sex.

Klaus devoted himself completely to Taki, but was hurt by his master's rejection. Not knowing how else to project his frustration, he hurt Taki during sex. And seeing how heartbroken Klaus was, when Taki fainted...I saw that he really does love him, but unfortunately, he took the wrong approach. - I'm in no way, saying rape is right. What Klaus did was indeed wrong. Taki, on the other hand, is so conflicted, because he loves Klaus and enjoys sex, but he's supposed to be pure and he can't let anyone know about their relationship... At first, before I learned about their past, I didn't know why Taki listened to Klaus about going to his room, and submitting to his demands. But seeing how lonely Klaus is, and how dedicated he is to Taki...perhaps, having sex was a way of 'giving back.' It's possible Taki wanted to be punished by Klaus, not only for neglecting him, but feeling conflicted from his desire for his knight, yet not wanting to betray his people... I truly did not expect to encounter such a complex relationship.

I agree, it was confusing to read because the author kept switching back and forth, between past and present events. (I don't think I know the order of events very well…) Since the story hasn't finished yet, maybe there will be more gaps covered in the future, if the author chooses to continue it.

I got a little lost with the war and political aspects... I was pulled to this series, not only because of its high ratings, but because I have a fondness for stories that incorporate war. Maybe I'll reread the story to understand it better.

I also like that one side character, who went to Klaus and Taki’s school. – The kid who called Klaus out, during their mission, and unintentionally became their decoy, lol. He definitely made me laugh. :P I want to see what happened to him…
Oct 4, 2017 5:52 PM

Dec 2011
More than a year later, I come back to find this manga has unfortunately been discontinued... I wish we could have gotten a proper ending. The political aspect was as interesting as the romance and really differentiated itself from the BL genre. It's sad to see that this title won't move on to become something better than what was presented to us, ah.

More topics from this board

» Is this series still active?

za3bola - Mar 23, 2010

16 by EisenhornPuritus »»
Jul 26, 2019 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.