Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 27, 2012 12:13 PM
Oct 2012
SetsukoHara said:

Anyway, good character, great comedy, but mediocre romance at best, some relationships drag on for next to no reason (in 1 mont, Mitty hasn't thought about her relationship with Haru, how am I supposed to believe that). I don't really mind love triangles, but they are overused in this anime. I think it's still good, but it could have been way better.

How are you suppose to believe that? Because that is keeping with Mitty's personality? Because she was called "Ice Queen" for a reason? Because what is great about this manga/animation, unlike all the other boring Shoujo manga's out there, is that she doesn't get swept off her feet or have a major personality change, but rather continues to do what is important with her. The main reason Mitty likes Haru is that he has made it easy for her to take it at her own pace. Natsume mentions that this episode, but Natsume sees things through her eyes (the typical over-romanticized shoujo female lead) and thinks this is a disaster, but Mitty isn't particularly looking for love, and if Haru actually pushed her, she would probably dump him. What was nice about this episode is Mitty finally understood a couple of things about her personality, which is finally causing her to emerge from her cocoon.

As for love triangles. Don't worry, you are getting too far ahead of yourself. Given that Mitty isn't your normal female lead, why not see where it goes before worrying about it.
Nov 27, 2012 2:19 PM

Sep 2012
I feel like I'm getting NTR'd with Natsume and whats-his-face sunglasses guy. I don't like it.
Nov 27, 2012 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
I'm rooting for Yamaken. I'd pick him over Haru any day of the week.

For some reason, in any love triangle I always prefer the guy I know she isn't gonna end up with.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 27, 2012 5:34 PM

Jun 2008
Who's this Yamaken guy again?
Nov 27, 2012 5:53 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A great episode as usual, but they did a little back story on Natsume so I'm wondering whether they'll manage to expand on that given they still have a few quirks to work out with Haru and Shizuku.

Yamaken had some unexpected but pretty awesome developments too this episode.
Nov 27, 2012 6:28 PM

Dec 2011
Nice. Shizuku with her hair down.

And finally Yamaken is the rival! Woohoo!
This will cause a turbulence in the equilibrium.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2012 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
Strangely, after this episode, I can say Natsume is probably my favorite female character in this show now.... not sure why... Maybe her expressions and always being hyper.

Anyways, I was actually hoping that Yamaken didn't become involved but sadly, it was expected, at least I expected it. Hopefully the romance tree doesn't spread even more...
Nov 27, 2012 7:42 PM

Aug 2011
i juz want to know how this anime will end
with only 13 ep...

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Nov 27, 2012 8:04 PM

Aug 2011
I feel sooooo bad for Yamaken. :(
Nov 27, 2012 8:14 PM

Jul 2009
fuck you mizutani! Natsume is the best girl in this show!!
Nov 27, 2012 9:07 PM

Nov 2008
Yamaken may not be as popular as Haru, but I adore him just as much as I adore Haru.
I find myself cheering for him when he's with Shizuku and I love when their together, but then I also get all giddy when Shizuku is with Haru.

So complicated.

Looking forward to more Yamaken : )
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Nov 27, 2012 11:37 PM

May 2012
Wow where did Yamaken come from and plz more Natsume air time plz.
Nov 28, 2012 12:39 AM

Nov 2007
Natsume! <3

She keeps on making my mondays awesome!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2012 3:27 AM

Aug 2012
This is getting triangletacular.

Poor Natsume didn't even get Sasahara to stand up for her. He should've read the situation better -.-
Nov 28, 2012 5:44 AM

Feb 2012
Another guy falls for Shizuku. I seriously don't think she's that brill, I'd be pretty annoyed by her obsession with studying. And she really dresses like an old lady.
I see Natsume gets a lot of love recently, so I'll second that, I'd choose her for sure.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Nov 28, 2012 7:47 AM

Oct 2009
Looks like Natsume is falling for Mitsuyoshi but i still prefer NatsumeXSasayan :|
Nov 28, 2012 8:19 AM

Sep 2010
poor yamaken....
Nov 28, 2012 9:17 AM

Dec 2009
AiCon said:
Stark700 said:
^

One more thing: Does poor Chizuru ever get a break?

And thanks for the spoilers:D

SimmonzNov 28, 2012 9:27 AM
Nov 28, 2012 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
Why do i have the feeling that theres gonna be a Natsume x sunglasses dude? not that im against it but i really didn't expect that.
well i didn't even like sasayan i always thought he was pretty plain or maybe he just dont have enough screen time, but anyways im rooting for the sunglasses dude LOL.

well 4 more episodes to go, and still this romance development is slow as shit well i know that the manga is still ongoing but still...
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Nov 28, 2012 10:32 AM

Apr 2010
Natsume needs to stand up for herself more with those old classmates around she just turned to fear instead of doing something about it.
She should not let girls like that bother her.
Seems the story around Shizuku and Yamaken is getting more difficult with Yamaken going tsundere and all.

Shizuku must have a hard time at home whit such a father around and her mother always being away she is also very strict towards her father.
Not to mention that look and the things she had to tell him from her mother.
I guess her father must really feel awkward at home he also seems afraid of his wife and daughter he is a natural failure.
I am still wondering if we will ever see Shizuku's mother she seems interesting.
Nov 28, 2012 12:04 PM

Jul 2011
The love triangles are staring to develop now, Haru needs to be careful
Nov 28, 2012 1:46 PM

Nov 2008
Aww, Yamaken were just so cute when he blushed. :3
But gahghgn, I hope that Haru will take things in his own hands and ask Shizuku what she wants now when he knows that someone else is after her too.
Nov 28, 2012 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
ijen said:
Spirai said:
ijen said:
I don't get just one thing!
Why every shoujo romance anime are so good?why can't a shounen anime be like that?(except clannad)
A great episode as always.
The one thing i noticed that shizuku is the most dumb one there.
haru may be a one way traffic but he is still pure.
9.5/10

She's not 'dumb', she's just never seen the option of balancing BOTH. It's pretty common actually. Some people with potential decide to only go after a career and never get into a relationship and so maybe one day, when they suddenly SEE it (for whatever reason) it hits them like a shock. Having something or not having it at all is very possible mindset that some people use when dealing with people and things in their life. Also, notice what she wants to do as a job. She also works at the store. For her, she's grown up around 'money or no money', 'sales or no sales', 'supplies or no supplies', 'buy it or don't' and etc. It was always one or the other. Even if she did balance money or something, it never hit her she could do the same thing with things in her life. She never had the time to try out the concept and therefore dismissed it as something that just wouldn't work out.

Ah!ah!testing!0,1,2,3....
I think you totally misunderstood me! when i said dumb i meant dumb! i didn't mean for her life consisting of only two choices!
i meants was, shizuku doesn't want to interact with others!but when she talks to someone even coldly he or gets attracted to her!but she totally has no clue and completely oblivious to it! in this sense she dumber than haru who always a one way traffic!!!

Well, if you mean inexperienced, then I agree to a point. The word 'dumb' is rather vague.
Nov 28, 2012 6:36 PM

Jul 2011
why did haru get mad over a pen?????????
pen???? it was just????? a pen????????
'hey this girl lent me a pen can you give it back'
'ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH HER'
this is literally the most absurd thing ive ever seen in a shoujo anime it waS JUST A PEN..................
ah but aside from that i liked the episode. the first half with shizuku and haru was basically the same as the last 8 episodes so it seemed to kind of drag on but i really enjoy shizuku's dynamic with yamaken. she just seems to get along with him naturally and she kind of seems relaxed and not to mention she actually respects him and since shizuku is such a proud, competitive person i'd say thats quite a feat.
and yamaken falling for shizuku is absolutely adorable to me, but his realization was almost heartbreaking to watch. you can tell he knows that perusing her would be a lost cause but at the same time he genuinely finds her interesting. i also like that there was sort of a build up to his feelings, it was a lot more interesting than haru in the first episode.
natsume's backstory is stupid thats all i have to say about that. you dont get bullied for being too likable that's one of the oldest and most unrealistic shoujo cliches there are. i do like how her feelings for micchan are developing, but that's just because i know that it won't end up being a typical fairy tale relationship like she's hoping, and it'll force her to grow up a little.
im really looking forward to the christmas episode, because it starts to show darker sides of haru's personality. if they decide to cut that from the anime ill be pretty upset because a lot of haru's true character comes out in the next few chapters, and he finally stops being all "cute and innocent"
read hatoful boyfriend
Nov 28, 2012 7:18 PM
Sep 2012
xxanimeee said:
Is Natsume really falling for Mitsuyoshi? I find it pretty weird

I completely agree with this, I was like whewfne when I saw that, Sasayan is there for a reason.. ;(
Nov 28, 2012 7:24 PM
Feb 2012
love the direction this anime is going in! each character is so frank with one another and the internal reactions that shizuku and yamaken have in this episode is well played out. hilarious yet they keep their emotions in check.
Nov 29, 2012 2:15 AM

Nov 2009
More important then anything that happened this episode, and I've seen no one mention. Is the fact, Mizutani has a sibling.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/eighttailedfox/MittySibling-1.png

There has been no previous mention of this person before this short flashback. Even earlier in the episode the dad says his wife and Mitty should be lonely. Why not the the other child?

Such a small picture, holds so much importance for what happened in the Mizutani house.

Also I forget what happened the episode where Haru stayed at Mitty's house, so if I'm completely wrong aboot this, please tell me.

(Can't get the img stuff to work.)
eighttailedfoxNov 29, 2012 2:31 AM
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Nov 29, 2012 5:16 AM

Oct 2009
shonen991 said:
More important then anything that happened this episode, and I've seen no one mention. Is the fact, Mizutani has a sibling.

There has been no previous mention of this person before this short flashback. Even earlier in the episode the dad says his wife and Mitty should be lonely. Why not the the other child?

Such a small picture, holds so much importance for what happened in the Mizutani house.

Also I forget what happened the episode where Haru stayed at Mitty's house, so if I'm completely wrong aboot this, please tell me.

When Haru slept over Mitty's house, Haru mentioned someone was looking over him when he was sleeping and Mitty said that it was her little brother.
Nov 29, 2012 8:13 AM

May 2010
ClementIV said:
Finally some great development! I hope that they get into Natsume's past in the future.

Too bad it's ending soon.
you never know there could be a 2nd season.

Everyone State of mind and views are kinda of messed up some time haha also i want to know Natsume's past look like she has a thing for whiteknughts
Nov 29, 2012 10:48 AM

Jun 2008
I really liked Yamaken in this ep : D
Loved his expression when he finally found the right bookshelf.
I have a feeling that Haru and Mitty won't get together until the final episode >w<
But then hopefully there will be a second season : D
Nov 29, 2012 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
Poor Yamaken, the guy probably didn't get home until morning XD
Nov 29, 2012 3:29 PM

May 2011
So the love rivalry is officially on, niceeee. I like Yamaken as much as I do Haru right now tbh so this is going to be fun to watch.

Awww poor Natsume, it looks like she's still got some scars from her past. And ooohhh its looking like she's got a crush on Mitsuyoshi.

I lol at the relationship that Mitty has with her parents. I wish I can see her mom make an appearance because her personality looks fucking awesome.
Nov 29, 2012 5:18 PM

May 2011
edelblau said:
this is literally the most absurd thing ive ever seen in a shoujo anime it waS JUST A PEN..................
ah but aside from that i liked the episode. the first half with shizuku and haru was basically the same as the last 8 episodes so it seemed to kind of drag on but i really enjoy shizuku's dynamic with yamaken. she just seems to get along with him naturally and she kind of seems relaxed and not to mention she actually respects him and since shizuku is such a proud, competitive person i'd say thats quite a feat.
and yamaken falling for shizuku is absolutely adorable to me, but his realization was almost heartbreaking to watch. you can tell he knows that perusing her would be a lost cause but at the same time he genuinely finds her interesting. i also like that there was sort of a build up to his feelings, it was a lot more interesting than haru in the first episode.
natsume's backstory is stupid thats all i have to say about that. you dont get bullied for being too likable that's one of the oldest and most unrealistic shoujo cliches there are. i do like how her feelings for micchan are developing, but that's just because i know that it won't end up being a typical fairy tale relationship like she's hoping, and it'll force her to grow up a little.
im really looking forward to the christmas episode, because it starts to show darker sides of haru's personality. if they decide to cut that from the anime ill be pretty upset because a lot of haru's true character comes out in the next few chapters, and he finally stops being all "cute and innocent"

It was more than just that, Yamaken's been hanging around Mizutani, in the cram school and various other places. And to get the pen, he would have to have been with her recently, not only that, he cares enough to go out of his way just to return it. You can piece it together from there
Nov 29, 2012 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
Kyaa, LOVE this episode! One of my faves by far! <333 Seems that it's official! Yamaken is in love with Shizuku! ^__^ Can't wait to see what will happen next!
Nov 29, 2012 8:34 PM

Nov 2009
trusttt said:
shonen991 said:

When Haru slept over Mitty's house, Haru mentioned someone was looking over him when he was sleeping and Mitty said that it was her little brother.

Oh good. I was over thinking it. For a second I thought she had a legitimate reason for her horribly written personality. I dislike both leads.

That said, I love all the side characters. They're so rich with personality.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Nov 30, 2012 6:11 PM
Jun 2012
My hopes to see Shiziku with her hair down have been fullfilled. <3 c:
Nov 30, 2012 7:51 PM

Jul 2011
RockerXD said:
edelblau said:

It was more than just that, Yamaken's been hanging around Mizutani, in the cram school and various other places. And to get the pen, he would have to have been with her recently, not only that, he cares enough to go out of his way just to return it. You can piece it together from there

well like if you compare how much she hangs around sasayan or even yuuzan or something its even more than she does with yamaken and he's never accused them of liking her, and he even said he met her in the library and they go to cram school together so anybody wouldve thought they were studying or something but to go as far as to accuse him of liking shizuku was really strange. especially when you consider that he didn't even understand shizuku's little speech about the goldfish earlier in the episode, and he thought that she wanted a fish or something i dont remember ????? but yeah he's like oblivious as hell and then all of a sudden he's able to infer that yamaken has feelings for shizuku because he wanted to return her pen?? how does that make sense?????
read hatoful boyfriend
Dec 1, 2012 4:16 AM

Jan 2008
I'd pick Yamaken over Haru any day . 'nuff said .
It's always fun seeing Yamaken getting lost easily in a library . I actually lol'ed when the librarian said that he has been asking that same question for like 5 times(?).And a male tsun ? @@!

And im actually surprised that Haru wasnt surprised seeing Shizuku with her hair down for the first time . I really knew Shizuku would really look quite cute with her hair down and Haru wasnt that surprised ... at all .

And my Natsume falling for Mitsuyoshi ? wth . didnt Mitsuyoshi had a wife already ?

And I was like "wtf ?!" when Haru asked Yamaken if she love Shizuku , just because of returning her pen . I do kinda understood that a lil but wth .

And that glare at the end ? He was prolly surprised about Yamaken's answer and the thought that Shizuku having another man went into his head causing that glare .That's prolly the trigger that will make Haru give more attention to Shizuku and a reason for him to fight for her .

4 more eps left .I wonder how they will finish this .
Dec 1, 2012 6:07 AM

Jul 2011
Really like this episode! Especially Yamaken-kun's expressions! I am hoping for Natsume x Sasayan moments in the future <3
If I became a Hunter, I can catch all my family member and sell them for high price
Dec 1, 2012 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
This show seemed so fresh and quicker paced at the start, then it just slammed on the brakes and turned into every other shoujo romance anime. Starting to feel disappointed, although it's still a decent show.
Dec 1, 2012 11:33 AM
Jun 2012
4/5

While the show may be very enjoyable, it almost feels as if things are going "nowhere" between Haru and Shizuku.
Dec 1, 2012 1:07 PM

Jan 2011
I really hope they do make some progress soon, I'm starting to lose interest in this show, I have really high expectations from this and so far it has delivered, I really hope this won't end like a piece of shit.
Natsume is falling in love with the mature guy, now that is wrong on so many levels.
Yamaken falling in love with Shizuku is just awkward, I never expected something like that to happen.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 2, 2012 3:24 PM
Nov 2011
ahhhhhh im really loving this love triangle going on omg omgomogogg
Dec 3, 2012 5:51 AM

Nov 2012

About 21.40 minutes to the 9th episode of both series basically the same thing happens. Is this just coincidence or a normal thing to hapen in romanse anime. XD But I really enjoy watching thes two series.
Dec 3, 2012 11:33 AM

Aug 2007
Too bad, a rival has come...
Dec 3, 2012 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
This show. RIGHT IN THE FEELS! 5/5.

Natsume is falling in love with the mature guy, now that is wrong on so many levels.

Why is it wrong for her to start liking Mitsuyoshi? :/ It's not like he's a 60 year old man. XD
Dec 4, 2012 11:58 AM

Oct 2009
great ep again ^^ <3

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 11, 2012 7:21 AM

Apr 2009
Aw man, I would like to know more about Natsume's bitter experience with the girls. And Yamaken answer to Haru's question was not a denial so I think it implies confirmation.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 17, 2012 6:18 PM

Oct 2011
Yamaken rank +9000
Dec 28, 2012 9:29 PM

Apr 2012
quite a sweet, interesting episode. apparently a month already passed since shizuku decided to think about her relationship, but she actually didn't. we kind of got to learn more about her and she begins to realize things for herself by thinking whether she was lonely or not.
also, natsume's past was revealed and sunglasses bro came to her rescue : )
YamaKen ended up realizing that he has feelings for Shizuku, how cute! Looks like Haru's got some competition.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.