Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2008 3:29 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was great :) Can't wait for next episode.... and the subs come out reeeealy fast

Nov 14, 2008 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
Pretty funny episode.

I liked Ami's swimsuit suggestion for Taiga and Ryuji's attempt to save Taiga from embarrassment with the "modification" falling out.
Nov 14, 2008 5:12 PM

Sep 2007
Taiga = LOVE <3
I love this episode! The faces Taiga puts are just hilarious!

Nov 14, 2008 5:52 PM
Jan 2008
Okay episode I guess, as I'm not really fond of pool episodes.
Nov 14, 2008 5:56 PM
Nov 2007
I couldnt do a comments while watching section because my WMP was not cooperating but I would like to say that that is perhaps one of the best episodes of the series so far. It had just about everything including multiple moments of Minori randomness that were incredible. Im also glad that they took an original spin on the conflict between Ami and Taiga. Lots of great moments in this episode and cant wait for the next one.
Nov 14, 2008 6:42 PM

Jun 2008
i was looking foward to ep7 after seeing the previews last week, and i have to say im not dissapointed
the swimsuit plot was nice, lol even with the fanservice thrown in
minorin is so awesome

Nov 14, 2008 7:15 PM
Oct 2008
Great episode alot of hilarious moments when there were buying the bathing suits taiga sexualy harrassing his mom this show continues to be one of the top for the season cant wait for the next one
Nov 14, 2008 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
Note to self:

-When making pads, make sew them in or make them less easy to fly out. Then again, getting chucked halfway across the pool probably doesn't help anything.

With that said, I wonder if Ami is just playing with Ryuji just to piss of Taiga, or if she's trying to catch his guard down to feed her ego, considering he's seen her in some fairly unflattering moments.

Also, at least it's wasn't another onsen episode for this season.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 14, 2008 7:53 PM

May 2008
evilium said:
Also, at least it's wasn't another onsen episode for this season.

Gods no, please no onsen episode, that is seriously so cliche these days it isnt funny.

Nov 14, 2008 8:37 PM

Jun 2007
Even for the weakest episode so far that was pretty damn funny and entertaining.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Nov 14, 2008 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
Really liked this episode, mainly because of how they perceived Taiga in it. Her character is a blatant tsundere but they still make her reactions to the events are unpredictable. 4/5
Nov 15, 2008 4:16 AM

Dec 2007
angel999 why are you hating on Ami so much?
i just love her character
Nov 15, 2008 4:30 AM

Jul 2008
Yokurama said:
angel999 why are you hating on Ami so much?
i just love her character

Would like to be thrown into a pool when you do not know how to swim having to rely on others but knowing that IT IS EMBARRASSING to the point you have to lose conscious.

I know feel the feelings of Taiga. IT IS A INSULT! Being part of the Brigade of "LOVE TAIGA" I JUST DEFEND HER!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 15, 2008 4:45 AM

Dec 2007
Yay, nice episode xD
And lol @ "Stop sexually harassing my mother" !
Preview was interesting, it want more now ~~
Nov 15, 2008 6:43 AM

Oct 2008
Noooo Inko you must live youre too cool to die... Nothing like the originality of what ryuuji did though actually slipping the bra pad in her swimsuit though Taiga's getting mroe annoying as this series goes on but then I'm not too big on loli so that might be why. Minorin is made of funny though breaking off their arguement like that and of course noticing the obvious lie of taiga's breast cups. Ryuuji is right though breast size really is a minor thing so she shouldn't worry so much about it.
Nov 15, 2008 10:31 AM

Jul 2008
Just me, or was the animation very fluid this episode?

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 15, 2008 1:07 PM
Dec 2007
To whoever says Taiga hasn't helped Ryuuji to hook up with Minorin, she has. She can't blurt out he likes her. But she's told him of places where she works and constantly tags him along when she knows Minorin will also be there. She even made sure to keep the Ami/Ryuuji situation under wraps by keeping Minori in the dark and ensuring Minori doesn't thinks badly of him.

Sure enough, Taiga has a sour attitude about it, but she has helped him somewhat. Ryuuji just doesn't have the guts to follow through like Taiga did with Kitamura.

Nov 15, 2008 1:38 PM

Oct 2008
^^I'd like to add that one of the reasons she said to Minori that no one was there is because she didn't want Minori to think that Ryuuji already has someone in his mind or it would be over for him if she saw them together.
Nov 15, 2008 2:57 PM

Feb 2005
This episode was SO WRONG!

THEY OPENED THE POOL???
WE KNOW HOW THIS WILL END NOW, EVERYONE WILL DIE OF AIDS!
Nov 15, 2008 3:22 PM

Jul 2008
Baman said:
This episode was SO WRONG!

THEY OPENED THE POOL???
WE KNOW HOW THIS WILL END NOW, EVERYONE WILL DIE OF AIDS!

LOL! Good comment.........FANSERVICE RAGE! Tell me about it the comedy should have been more than that! AT LEAST WE GET TO SEE TAIGA'S BEHIND. O_o
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 15, 2008 3:39 PM

Feb 2005
Nov 15, 2008 3:58 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
tl;dr

Wine moar pl0x. Seriously, first you shit on the episode about it being full of fanservice then you fap all over Taiga in a swimsuit, not to mention you probably burst over 9000 blood vessels moaning and groaning about Ami this, Ami that. Lol at you saying "violence=might" when you claimed to be against violence. You need some anger management; some psychotherapy would help too.

angel999 said:
I found the teacher WEIRD. Why would she blush suddenly when announcing pool time and then suddenly get MAD cause things are being talked about that she does not like. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, strange.

Do you even pay attention to the episode or do you just watch the animation go by and then pretend to understand it? For someone who claims he has plenty of experience with the Japanese language, you seem to misinterpret many things or just simply does not even understand. The teacher was excited for summer time because it's a chance for her to hook up with someone since she's getting older, and then got angered by the students' idle chatter because she's jealous of them being young.

Anyway, I though this was a good episode. It definitely showed an insecure dere side of Taiga. There were quite a few moe moments for Taiga as well. Too bad Inko probably bit the dust this episode.

"Taiga-chan's perverted, sketchy, one-touchy!"

Best line of the episode. We need to see more of Ryuuji's milf. She's completely hilarious.
WasabiNov 15, 2008 4:03 PM
Nov 15, 2008 4:14 PM
Aug 2007
Ryuuji is one of the best male leads I've ever seen.
Nov 15, 2008 4:26 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
tl;dr

Wine moar pl0x. Seriously, first you shit on the episode about it being full of fanservice then you fap all over Taiga in a swimsuit, not to mention you probably burst over 9000 blood vessels moaning and groaning about Ami this, Ami that. Lol at you saying "violence=might" when you claimed to be against violence. You need some anger management; some psychotherapy would help too.

angel999 said:
I found the teacher WEIRD. Why would she blush suddenly when announcing pool time and then suddenly get MAD cause things are being talked about that she does not like. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, strange.

Do you even pay attention to the episode or do you just watch the animation go by and then pretend to understand it? For someone who claims he has plenty of experience with the Japanese language, you seem to misinterpret many things or just simply does not even understand. The teacher was excited for summer time because it's a chance for her to hook up with someone since she's getting older, and then got angered by the students' idle chatter because she's jealous of them being young.

Anyway, I though this was a good episode. It definitely showed an insecure dere side of Taiga. There were quite a few moe moments for Taiga as well. Too bad Inko probably bit the dust this episode.

"Taiga-chan's perverted, sketchy, one-touchy!"

Best line of the episode. We need to see more of Ryuuji's milf. She's completely hilarious.

Hmmmmmmm, I still find the teacher's personality weird. This is anime but to me it weirded me out and I have different views so yeah, it does not mean that I need to see someone. Psychotherapy is crap anyways. Studied and know it.

Hell Onizuka would be a better teacher with his weird attitude. :D

The teacher in this episode was strange even though the other teachers were more normal. I feel that teacher might play a role later on more than just in this episode.

Baman said:

YEAH OK I GET IT but never mind.
Nov 15, 2008 4:27 PM

Feb 2005
Wasabi said:

Best anime milf in a long time.
Nov 15, 2008 4:30 PM

Feb 2008
myanimelistlogin said:
Ryuuji is one of the best male leads I've ever seen.
QFT.
Also, he's one the manliest male leads I've seen. Not a lot of men would have reached inside a girl's swimsuit to insert her fake breast. Very refreshing.

Anyway, most of the characters in Toradora! are very well written, voiced and their character designs are nice. They feel more real than most anime characters.
Nov 15, 2008 5:04 PM

Nov 2007
This episode only reinforces the idea that this is not a good adaption to Toradora. We are getting not even half of its true potential.

Makes me sad really. I'm not even sure if they can fix it by the end.
Nov 15, 2008 5:08 PM

Nov 2007
This was a bit of an improvement on Taiga, I think. The past couple eps she's been too stereotypical Rie typecast bitch, but this ep had her particularly cute and loveable. But Minorin still wins.
Nov 15, 2008 5:10 PM

May 2008
zqube said:
This episode only reinforces the idea that this is not a good adaption to Toradora. We are getting not even half of its true potential.

yay another kyou lover... jeez theres too many of us...

and lol at the mention of onizuka, i think sticking him in pretty much any other school anime would be freaking hilarious.

!!!! ONIZUKA IN TO LOVE-RU!!!! LOL that would be soooooo funny
Nov 15, 2008 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
i wonder if his ability to handle such a complicated
character like Taigas is caused by the living with
his carefree mother ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Nov 15, 2008 6:24 PM

Jul 2007
very cool episode; I didn't like Ami much before but she's cool now (and hot!). Minorin is still my fav. though.

Taiga still sucks.
Nov 15, 2008 6:27 PM
Dec 2007
RaiStorM said:
i wonder if his ability to handle such a complicated
character like Taigas is caused by the living with
his carefree mother ^^
I think it's pretty much a given.
zqube said:

Isn't it refreshing when you can look at something without being bound by expectations? I appreciate this for what it is and not for what it's original material is.

Nov 15, 2008 6:37 PM

Jul 2007
angel999 said:

I think that was pretty clear, she's an old hag now and very jealous from young beautiful chicks. While they were complaining about being embarrassed etc at the pool, the teacher wished she was still young as well and be able to do those things.

Youth ftw http://picasaweb.google.com/hikaritokyo/YouthAdult#
Nov 15, 2008 7:16 PM

Jun 2007
ChiBuki said:
You guys are ridiculous lol. Or should I say perverts. :P

Taiga = Cute
Ami = Attractive
Minorin = Love

God they did it again. Toradora brings me the biggest laff every single week. Ryuuji saw the invisible and did the unthinkable. He's fighting da powaa.

Ryuuji pulling Taiga underwater to slip in breast pad = ORIGINAL

Great to see what's going on post-episode 6. Ami still in bitter rivalry against Taiga and Minorin is pacifier and the wisest of them. Every single moment got me. And from here on, I'll just let GIF animation do the talking. (56k warning)

chibs, you missed the one where ami threw taiga 50 meters into the pool ;D

Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
tl;dr

Wasabi, you do not cease to amaze me.... you are a good guy.
well, apart from this, i got nothing to say other than: if you think ami is being a bitch, take a better look at taiga, she is bitchy too. but does that make me stop liking her? no, does that make me stop liking ami? no. btw, ami is a model, she is not being slutty. of course she would like to see how she looks, and praise herself. that's what models do.

as for the episode...... cute, and pretty nice.
ami being cute at the start of the episode had me, i would have fallen all over her if i was ryuuji. EVEN with taiga there. also..... is ami using the same shorts as the ones takasu is using in the OP? they really look the same XD
Inko-chan bit dust...... i had to lol there
taiga getting hit by the mop was just awesome.... you don't usually see that xD
Ami was being cute again with takasu... i am wondering if she really does have any feelings towards him......
Minorin lifting taiga was enjoyable....
The teacher made me laugh.... isn't she scared of takasu and taiga? xD
ami's joke of the child's swimsuit fitting taiga xD
ami in swimsuit = <3333333
ecchi, sketchy, one-touchy xD
ryuuji's mom is definitely..... umm..... awesome
pettan pettan tsurupettan.....
lol... why does maruo have all the girls? xD
Ami throwing taiga deep into the pool made me laugh xD
what power
lol... what a way to put back a fake breast....
minorin really is love...... cannot wait for next episode.... it seems like they are going to be fighting for ryuuji or something. "takasu competition?"
Nov 15, 2008 7:32 PM

Apr 2008
"Don't sexually harass other people's mothers!" Hahaha. The way he said it was hilarious.
Nov 15, 2008 7:45 PM

May 2007
Richard_Omega said:
chibs, you missed the one where ami threw taiga 50 meters into the pool ;D
Poor Taiga XD

Nov 15, 2008 8:43 PM

Jul 2008
I love that gif. :3
Nov 15, 2008 9:53 PM

Aug 2008
Great! Excellent episode!
The little tiger don't know to swim!
Nov 15, 2008 10:20 PM

Jan 2007
good episode but not enough Minorin D:

that scene with her in the baseball outfit with the wind blowing was win though.
Nov 15, 2008 11:03 PM

Dec 2007
Taiga is echy-sketchy, one touchy. :D
Nov 16, 2008 12:08 AM

Nov 2007
her hair "is good" coz it looks like hiro's. i love aisaka, but i love ruuji even more. i'm seriouly in love with him. i'v never been so in love before, to 3d or 2d guys or girls. i love him because of the way he looked when aisaka was telling him about her flatness. i knew right that second that he is the man to marry because he will love her even if she got acid eroded. i'm seriously in love.
Nov 16, 2008 1:43 AM

Aug 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Not a lot of men would have reached inside a girl's swimsuit to insert her fake breast. Very refreshing.

LoL. I love the way that sounds
ChiBuki said:
Poor Taiga XD

Great stuff! Thx
Nov 16, 2008 2:29 AM

Jul 2008
I loved this episode! so funny XD
and Ryuuji was amazing hehe~

and nice gifs ChiBuki,thanks ^.^
Nov 16, 2008 3:25 AM

Jun 2007
mcjazzman32 said:
Gosh Taiga is so cute, but I sure wish she'd appreciate Ryuugi more. This anime would be 10 times better if she at least showed him a little affection every now and then instead of just telling him to shut up. He does freaking everything for that girl and she's never once helped him get Minorin.

She does, in her own way. You can see she's kind of got feelings for him by the way she acts specifically around him (telling him shes sorry when no ones around, constantly hitting him, in shock when he's with Ami..etc). I wouldn't be surprised if she realizes she has feelings for him later on.
Nov 16, 2008 3:46 AM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode once again, this series is so much better than approximately every romance/comedy show out there... Character development really shines in this one, and I just love the direction (the Kushieda finger pose at the end was Gurren Lagann-esque !). Then, there was a bit of fanservice in this episode but that's not really the point here, it serves the bigger purpose of portraying the feelings and psychology of the characters, really. I mean, haven't you been a teenager one day (or maybe some of you still are), and have you never encountered those kinds of situations? I can tell you I have, and more than once !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 16, 2008 5:47 AM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode a lot.
Not only because it was funny (well there hasn't been a ToraDora! epi that wasn't funny), but because Takasu is so kind (all the sewing thing and the rescue action in the pool) and i also liked how he didn't feel comfortable when Taiga was showing him her swimsuit ("put on some clothes or you catch a cold"). kawaii desu.
Nov 16, 2008 6:26 AM

Aug 2008
Like the episode. I was like having a smile on my face the whole 20 minutes of this. XD
Uhhh...showing Taiga's body is so lusting. .__.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Nov 16, 2008 8:13 AM

Sep 2008
Epic I really Enjoyed this Episode
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Nov 16, 2008 8:26 AM

Feb 2008
Another Minorin-greatness ^^
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Nov 16, 2008 8:41 AM

Jul 2007
i may just have forgotten about a little fact but...isn't ami boarding in taiga's building? anyway, it's just weird why she doesn't go to school together with ryuuji and taiga(even if she hates taiga, she's supposed to be flirting with ryuuji...but that's a small detail really)

anyway, good ep! taiga FTW
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.