Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2012 3:42 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was borderline hentai.

But still a pretty good episode.
Nov 24, 2012 3:44 PM
Oct 2010
Coolman111 said:
This Kirito-Asuna drama´s killing the series.Please stop that shit
LMAO, you're better off dropping the series then, I highly doubt it will stop before the end.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 24, 2012 3:44 PM
Oct 2012
Bertock said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Bertock said:
So you are basically telling me that the Big Bad of this arc is someone that will do everything he can to lose just because he is crazy/idiot.

Probably it's the only way they could prosecute with the plot, since every normal person, once that will find out that Kirito is there to save Asuna, would just ban him forever

No, that isn't what I said, but hey you keep on defining it to suit your small little world.

As for banning Kirito. Why on god's earth would he even care? Kirito is no one in his world. A pathetic little gaming grub who thinks he married Asuna in some other game. Sugou is a successful business executive, leading a multi-million dollar project that he believes will give him infinite power over the minds of the gamers. In the real world, Kirito would be less of a threat than a cockroach. Only someone who can't distinguish between fantasy and reality would think otherwise.

Maybe I'm the wrong one, but I can't really enjoy the victory of the protagonist when he could have lose a million time but he didn't just because the evil guy let him do everything he need to win.

He is a sadist. I can't find any best way to crash Kirito's hopes than go right in front of him e ban him forever right in that moment, in a way that the only think he could ever do is crying and knowing that I'm going to marry his comatose wife.

He doesn't know about Kirito being in the game. Why do you assume that?
Nov 24, 2012 3:56 PM
Aug 2011
whatever123456 said:
Bertock said:
whatever123456 said:
Bertock said:
Maybe it's just me, but I have found the fact itself that Asuna was able to escape from the cage idiotic.
I mean, Oberon really needed a system so stupid to take her caged like a password? Couldn't he just write the code of the game in a way like: "Asuna can't go anyway but inside the cage"?
Suguha has said that there are areas where the characters can't enter. Couldn't Oberon make all that area (but the inside of the cage) off-limit for every non-admin character?

Because he didn't think it would matter. Is this the first time that a fictional/real character hasn't made the absolutely best choice in a situation?

So the only possible conclusion is that the Big Bad is not only crazy, but also stupid. Perfect

He has no reason to assume it would matter. And like I said, if the villain always handled everything perfectly from an outside observer's point of view, the "hero" would never win.

There are many cases where a villain does everything he can to win, but still loses, for the simple reason that the main characters shows himself to be (or have become) better. Just to give an example, Kenshiro doesn't win because his enemy chooses not to fight at his best, but because Kenshiro is a better fighter
whatever123456 said:

There are many cases where a villain does everything he can to win, but still loses, for the simple reason that the main characters shows himself to be (or have become) better. Just to give an example, Kenshiro doesn't win because his enemy chooses not to fight at his best, but because Kenshiro is a better fighter

Bertock said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Bertock said:
So you are basically telling me that the Big Bad of this arc is someone that will do everything he can to lose just because he is crazy/idiot.

Probably it's the only way they could prosecute with the plot, since every normal person, once that will find out that Kirito is there to save Asuna, would just ban him forever

No, that isn't what I said, but hey you keep on defining it to suit your small little world.

As for banning Kirito. Why on god's earth would he even care? Kirito is no one in his world. A pathetic little gaming grub who thinks he married Asuna in some other game. Sugou is a successful business executive, leading a multi-million dollar project that he believes will give him infinite power over the minds of the gamers. In the real world, Kirito would be less of a threat than a cockroach. Only someone who can't distinguish between fantasy and reality would think otherwise.

Maybe I'm the wrong one, but I can't really enjoy the victory of the protagonist when he could have lose a million time but he didn't just because the evil guy let him do everything he need to win.

He is a sadist. I can't find any best way to crash Kirito's hopes than go right in front of him e ban him forever right in that moment, in a way that the only think he could ever do is crying and knowing that I'm going to marry his comatose wife.

Obviously I'm not saying that he should ban him right now. As you said Oberon doesn't even now that he is there. But a suppose that by the and of the series Kirito e Oberon fight each other, as happened in the 14th episode. In that right moment he could ban him
Nov 24, 2012 3:56 PM

Jan 2008
Fuck, had to work overtime and 4~5 hours behind on some tentacle action. Dam, no gropage or insertion. Ah well. Not really feeling like making a gif anymore but might make it later.

itsok2bu said:

Not even close to borderline.
Nov 24, 2012 3:57 PM

Jun 2012
I came here for action, hentai is what I got.
Not bad at all.

Though I'd prefer that Kirito goes with Suguha and forget about Asuna.
Nov 24, 2012 3:58 PM
Oct 2012
Bertock said:

If you haven't read the novels, wait to the end. It should be a lot clearer. But I will answer you below.

Nov 24, 2012 3:59 PM
Apr 2011
Wallace93 said:
I came here for action, hentai is what I got.
Not bad at all.

Though I'd prefer that Kirito goes with Suguha and forget about Asuna.

Screw Asuna, He should be saving the other 300 people.
Nov 24, 2012 4:01 PM

Sep 2008
great, way to do this!,who was the bastard that decided that it was a good idea to reduce 4 volumns of LN into 24 eps...
lol at the slugsXDD
oor sugu, she was heart broken this episode but...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 24, 2012 4:03 PM
Feb 2012
The tentacle comments were priceless.......I felt it unnecessary but I'm not the writer, so i can't really complain.

Anyways, they skipped Tonkii part which was expected because at the rate the episode that is left, they could not include that part of the story....atleast 2 episode in thier.
Nov 24, 2012 4:07 PM

Feb 2012
katsu044 said:
really?! tentacle rape?! it just felt so out of place and weird lol...wait i feel like i seen this before in SAO already.

Sorry guys I'm going to pull a draconismarch here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrrAe2dcC_8&feature=plcp
Nov 24, 2012 4:09 PM

Sep 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Bertock said:

If you haven't read the novels, wait to the end. It should be a lot clearer. But I will answer you below.

hahaha tthats an argument!
but you forgot 1 lil detail about sugu's defeat
XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 24, 2012 4:16 PM

Apr 2011
ihateeveryone said:
Someone please explain how rape is excellent, modest, and nice.

Please.

Some people are just sick, that all that needs to be said, but I guess dat tentacle action was a pleasure for some people here on MAL.

As far as the episode goes I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to see Kirito kick that pedophile's ass I just cant take anymore of that dumbass.
Nov 24, 2012 4:22 PM
Oct 2010
rraannddoo said:
The tentacle comments were priceless.......I felt it unnecessary but I'm not the writer, so i can't really complain.
It's not just a feeling. It was completely unnecessary. Just hentai otaku fanservice... but whatever, it's not like it's ruining a masterpiece.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 24, 2012 4:23 PM
Oct 2012
Zero_r2 said:

XD

Nov 24, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
Finally starting to get a bit interesting, I was getting real bored with the past 3 or 4 episodes.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(
Nov 24, 2012 4:27 PM
Oct 2012
NOOOO!!!! she was sooo close to being free danm monsters.... awww i want asuna to be free already... at least kirito knows now that she is truly there
Nov 24, 2012 4:29 PM

May 2011

Line of the episode.

Aaaannnnndddd, that small whiff of Asuna at the end makes Kirito piss his panties and try to go find her. Lol, if only he saw the tentacle rape.
Nov 24, 2012 4:33 PM
Oct 2012
Bertock said:

We are not talking about him actually fucking up. Given his knowledge, it was completely irrelevant in which way he locked Asuna, since she couldn't escape either way.

Obviously I'm not saying that he should ban him right now. As you said Oberon doesn't even now that he is there. But a suppose that by the and of the series Kirito e Oberon fight each other, as happened in the 14th episode. In that right moment he could ban him

How about you wait for that moment to happen and then judge it.
I mean, maybe he will even ban him, yet you complain that he doesn't do it when we are not even close to this episode.
Nov 24, 2012 4:33 PM

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:

Please.

Some people got sick tastes, not much more to be said.

Trolls of the season in this forum, nothing to be expected.
Nov 24, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2011
The thing I want to see most is when Leafa (if she does) Find's out that Kirito is her brother!!
Duhuhu...
Nov 24, 2012 4:46 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
Neotona said:
requesting GIF of the tentacle part! lol
haha xD
Nov 24, 2012 4:47 PM

Feb 2012
Felt some animation inconsistencies again~
Nov 24, 2012 4:49 PM

Feb 2012
Need a special hentai ova of this ep ;D
Nov 24, 2012 4:51 PM

Oct 2010
I can't wait to see them comment this scene in Sword Art Offline LOL!
Nov 24, 2012 4:56 PM

Dec 2011
for a moment I thought, "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going" ... luckily nothing happened o.o | anyway annoying episode, nothing really exciting happened -_-
Nov 24, 2012 4:58 PM

Jan 2012
this series is getting worse and worse
i hope they can turn it around :|
Nov 24, 2012 5:02 PM

Sep 2012
What the fuck was that tentacle part?...
Nov 24, 2012 5:05 PM
May 2009
Kinda sad that they removed Tonkii's part, it was one of my favourite parts of this Arc, plus what they'd find at the end of it.

Also, they prolongued the Tentacle part for way too long, it's not as bad in the LN...
Nov 24, 2012 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
They skipped it ...

Not like I had any hope in the anime anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2012 5:14 PM
Oct 2012
A7ac4ma said:
Kinda sad that they removed Tonkii's part, it was one of my favourite parts of this Arc, plus what they'd find at the end of it.

Also, they prolongued the Tentacle part for way too long, it's not as bad in the LN...

A-1 have their priorities set. Why include an awesome endgame dungeon with cool monsters and fights when you could just add a little more fanservice and tentacles.
Nov 24, 2012 5:17 PM

Oct 2010
yhfxirai said:
Neotona said:
requesting GIF of the tentacle part! lol
haha xD
You are so desperate? Fine,

cause I want to talk about the monster.

It's ugly and looks shitty.

I would love to fireball the shit or ice cube it! I would cook later and eat it if you can in the game ROFL. Tentacle food?

Yeah I find the monster design really bad as in could be nastier and better looking.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 24, 2012 5:18 PM

Oct 2012
I actually got some laughs from this episode.

Well, twenty one down, four more to go.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 24, 2012 5:20 PM

Nov 2012
Bertock said:
whatever123456 said:
Bertock said:
whatever123456 said:
Bertock said:
Maybe it's just me, but I have found the fact itself that Asuna was able to escape from the cage idiotic.
I mean, Oberon really needed a system so stupid to take her caged like a password? Couldn't he just write the code of the game in a way like: "Asuna can't go anyway but inside the cage"?
Suguha has said that there are areas where the characters can't enter. Couldn't Oberon make all that area (but the inside of the cage) off-limit for every non-admin character?

Because he didn't think it would matter. Is this the first time that a fictional/real character hasn't made the absolutely best choice in a situation?

So the only possible conclusion is that the Big Bad is not only crazy, but also stupid. Perfect

He has no reason to assume it would matter. And like I said, if the villain always handled everything perfectly from an outside observer's point of view, the "hero" would never win.

whatever123456 said:

Bertock said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Bertock said:

Sorry, for the long quote, but I just wanted to say:
You all should read the novel, To get better anwers. Anime has skipped quite a few things "Bunch," that might have helped understand better what's going on
Nov 24, 2012 5:31 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, can't wait for next week!!!X( 4 episodes left...
Nov 24, 2012 5:37 PM
Nov 2012
Tentacle part made me lol
Nov 24, 2012 5:43 PM
Aug 2012
HAHHAHAHAHAH!!!

This show....
Nov 24, 2012 5:45 PM
Oct 2010
lmao just when I thought it couldn't go lower
Nov 24, 2012 5:46 PM

Aug 2009
Marow said:
So... why did Asuna just run out open in the hallway again?

Right.

Plot.

Do you happen to keep the same password when someones finds what that password is?

Right

Fuck logic.
Nov 24, 2012 5:49 PM

May 2011
itsok2bu said:

This guy clearly hasn't seen To Love-Ru, Kiss x Sis (OVAs), and a few other echii titles.
Nov 24, 2012 5:51 PM
Apr 2011
What are you guys complaining about? The whole point of showing fan service in the anime is to make the novels sell (or interested in the novel) aside from the obvious of making some more money (anime). Will it translate to additional sells of the novel? Who knows.
deactivated10325Nov 24, 2012 5:58 PM
Nov 24, 2012 5:52 PM
Aug 2012
RockerXD said:
itsok2bu said:

This guy clearly hasn't seen To Love-Ru, Kiss x Sis (OVAs), and a few other echii titles.

And that's a bad thing?

Aug 2009
Bertock said:
Oberon has admin rights, but it was never stated that he was a programmer. He's probably not that trained with quality of security. He might have trusted the system's security too much and didn't notice possible bugs such as Asuna being able to see him typing the password (I believe it was shown before that Asuna couldn't see his hand typing the password because it was censored). But bugs really happen, Kirito's stats and items from SAO being still there is proof of that and taking advantage of the opponent's flaws is also considered "outwitting" him.
Bertock said:
Banning him or not, Oberon has admin rights. Unlike Heathcliff who was fair enough to fight Kirito without his invincibility, Oberon can play with Kirito as much as wants.

Jan 2008
RockerXD said:
itsok2bu said:

Queen's Blade OVA/Special with Alleyne and the tentacle action is the best non-hentai tentacle action you'll get.
Nov 24, 2012 5:55 PM

May 2011
Dessiato said:
RockerXD said:
itsok2bu said:

And that's a bad thing?

Not necessarily, but calling this borderline hentai is exaggeration :P
Nov 24, 2012 5:57 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ihateeveryone said:

Please.
Because it's fictional and just is not shown as 18 and over stuff.

So (for example) implied fictional rape is excellent then because it's not full blown out hentai.

I'm done.

Of course, you're done. Because you're wrong, this is just a fiction, don't be like those SAO characters that can't make the difference between the reality and a game/fiction.
It's not because that I like seeing an animated fight that I would like to see some people fight IRL or that I would like to beat the crap out of someone, so why do you think it would be different for Yumekichi11. What to think of all those kids playing GTA and killing people just for fun? As long as someone can make the difference between fiction and reality, he is free to like what he wants.
Nov 24, 2012 6:02 PM

Mar 2012
Why didn't Asuna wait for Blobby and friend to leave before trying to sign off? Seemed like a pretty unnecessary risk.

I'm starting to miss Sugou. I've got so many pent-up "generic villain" quips just dying to come out.

Edit: Also, I've been curious about this for a while. I've heard that the novel had a first-person narrative, so how does the novel handle the parts like Asuna's escape? Switching perspective?
NotDolphyNov 24, 2012 6:09 PM
Nov 24, 2012 6:07 PM

Aug 2011
RMNDolphy said:

I'm starting to miss Sugou. I've got so many pent-up "generic villain" quips just dying to come out.

Join the club.
Nov 24, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2010
Ughhh... Tentacle rape + pointless scenes...

Now I'm only here to say I finished this.
Nov 24, 2012 6:10 PM

Oct 2012
MusashiRose said:
Ughhh... Tentacle rape + pointless scenes...

Now I'm only here to say I finished this.

I'm with you on this.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.