Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2009
HauntingShock said:
ssjokg said:
HauntingShock said:
Kurogashi said:
fucken awesomeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
dont give a shit about what LN thinks cause me among with probably 80% non LN readers out there probably thought this was awesome as fuck. sorry LN readers, but you're a minority.

What's your point? o_o

To make a rant?

lol.

For your dumb reply, I'll give you a dumber response:
"Take 1+1=2. Now take, the context of what's been said in this thread+my 'rant'=???"
Kapiche?

Oh and GOOD BYE! No reply! Jajaja... UMAD?
Nov 17, 2012 2:42 PM
Mar 2008
ssjokg said:
eldon2 said:
Speaking next episode I am actually curious to see what happens next to her because things get "special". Just going to leave at that for now.

Just because you said that I hope that's what happens.
Nov 17, 2012 2:45 PM

Apr 2011
Interesting episode, and the fight was pretty good.
And, Asuna finally escapes...
Nov 17, 2012 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
MultiFavre said:
dual wielding when there aren't supposed to be any sword skills in the game.. awesome
It wasnt an -automated- skill.

Kurogashi said:
HauntingShock said:
ssjokg said:
HauntingShock said:
Kurogashi said:
dont give a shit about what LN thinks cause me among with probably 80% non LN readers out there probably thought this was awesome as fuck. sorry LN readers, but you're a minority.

What's your point? o_o

To make a rant?

lol.

For your dumb reply, I'll give you a dumber response:
"Take 1+1=2. Now take, the context of what's been said in this thread+my 'rant'=???"
Kapiche?

Oh and GOOD BYE! No reply! Jajaja... UMAD?

Nov 17, 2012 2:49 PM
Mar 2008
Will technically you can duel wield in SAO without the skill but you wouldn't have access to any of the moves for said skill. So right now he is just fighting with the practice he got In SAO at using system assisted duel wielding. However you are right that it seems like he is fighting on par with what he was capable of in SAO using the old moves. Just going to guess between being a demi god again physically and slight system assist he is back in his prime.
Nov 17, 2012 2:49 PM

Jan 2008
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.
Most awesome thing in this episode was this scene.

You might get a detailed fight in the novel BUT YOU AINT GETTING DAT ASS OR DAT GAINAXING.

Kirito master pantsu thief.
Nov 17, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2009
eldon2 said:
Will technically you can duel wield in SAO without the skill but you wouldn't have access to any of the moves for said skill. So right now he is just fighting with the practice he got In SAO at using system assisted duel wielding. However you are right that it seems like he is fighting on par with what he was capable of in SAO using the old moves. Just going to guess between being a demi god again physically and slight system assist he is back in his prime.

His moves suck here when compared to SAO.The difference in skills(one handed, etc)+2 swords did the job.
Nov 17, 2012 2:56 PM
Mar 2008
What a fucking pointless episode.
Nov 17, 2012 2:57 PM

Oct 2012
eldon2 said:
we've seen a dual wielding PK in episode 4. and he did used some in-game skills too. it seems just inferior to normal 1 weapon style, especially at higher levels.
and yes, system seemed to give Kirito advance fighting patterns and damage bonus in sao for dual wielding.
Nov 17, 2012 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
more members into Kirito's harem zzz

Asuna escaped!! cant wait til they meet :) and then what will happen to Leafa...
Nov 17, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
frid_kun said:
eldon2 said:
we've seen a dual wielding PK in episode 4. and he did used some in-game skills too. it seems just inferior to normal 1 weapon style, especially at higher levels.
and yes, system seemed to give Kirito advance fighting patterns and damage bonus in sao for dual wielding.
there was?
Nov 17, 2012 3:00 PM

Feb 2012
Lol that General is retarded, I expected more from that dude, the fucking episode is named after him, and he got his ass kicked in 2 seconds, I dunno what will happen with him in the future, but damn.

Anyway lol'd @ that random escape at the end, King Oberon (I think that's his name) will be retarded as fuck if he can't find he, I just hope that he placed some kind of following device on her or something.

Other than that, pretty solid episode, loved the fight, and "fan service".
Nov 17, 2012 3:01 PM

May 2011
MultiFavre said:
dual wielding when there aren't supposed to be any sword skills in the game.. awesome

It wasn't a sword skill, there's no system assistance in the game, so it's just him swinging the swords.
Nov 17, 2012 3:03 PM

Aug 2009
Ramkec said:
Lol that General is retarded, I expected more from that dude, the fucking episode is named after him, and he got his ass kicked in 2 seconds, I dunno what will happen with him in the future, but damn.

Anyway lol'd @ that random escape at the end, King Oberon (I think that's his name) will be retarded as fuck if he can't find he, I just hope that he placed some kind of following device on her or something.

2 seconds...right....
Nov 17, 2012 3:04 PM
Oct 2010
Too bad for novel readers, seems like many of them keep writhing in agony over how "bad" is the adaptation.

On the other hand I'm enjoying this quite a bit. It's far from a masterpiece but it's still very entertaining. I think it has had a consistent quality in terms of storytelling, dialogue and general structure. I already know what to expect so I'm not getting disappointed every episode.

I can't say for sure before reading the novel, but given that the main plot twists can't be different from the anime, the novel is probably not a masterpiece either. I'll still read after the anime and see for myself, but I'm not raising my expectations too high.

Scrypt said:
I've said it on another discussion and I'll say it again in this one: the director needs to stop milking fanservice and actually read the damn LN to see what made it good. Yes there was fanservice in the LN but it was never to this extent. It's like they just randomly sought out some random otaku at Akihabara and gave him the position of Director.

A1: "Hey you, fat boy, I always see you around here buying lots of loli figures. Have you read this LN?"(shows him SAO LN)
Fat Otaku:(while breathing heavily after seeing a loli pic in LN) "He he he, yeah I've read SAO. I really like how the author thinks like a gamer and brings it to our level with them girls, and the black swordsman, and them girls, and the death game and them girls."
A1: "Well seeing as we see you here buying all them goods nearly everyday, if we made an anime of SAO would you and your friends buy the DVD/BD?
Fat Otaku: (now breathing really heavy like his life depended on it) "Wow, really? Yeah i would buy the figurines of Silica, and Yui and I'd even buy Suguha because I think she's under 16!! I'd even tell my mates about!"
A1: (makes a phone call on their mobile) "Kawahara-san, congratulations! We've just found your director for your anime adaptations."
I don't feel the fanservice here is that extreme but LMAO, you've made my day with this post. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 17, 2012 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
frid_kun said:
eldon2 said:
there was?

Yup. Dual-wielding axe guy. It was probably an error in animation though.
Nov 17, 2012 3:05 PM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
Ramkec said:

2 seconds...right....

Well not really 2 seconds, but you know what I'm sayin'.
Nov 17, 2012 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
Ramkec said:
ssjokg said:
Ramkec said:

2 seconds...right....

eh no...Kirito with his already cheat skills had to use another sword for more damage.If anything shows that Kirito couldnt beat him without "cheating".I just dont see how you can say that he is retarded.
Nov 17, 2012 3:09 PM

Oct 2010
Paul said:
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/Toupaulthao/SAOEp20Scene.gif?t=1353192476
I disagree. Clearly it was,

this part. The fight was by the best but it's a shame it was not as high quality as it was believed but I still liked its flow.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 17, 2012 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/Toupaulthao/SAOEp20Scene.gif?t=1353192476

this part. The fight was by the best but it's a shame it was not as high quality as it was believed but I still liked its flow.
That part was fine but later when Kirito uses both swords...the animation was just bad.
Nov 17, 2012 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
eh no...Kirito with his already cheat skills had to use another sword for more damage.If anything shows that Kirito couldnt beat him without "cheating".I just dont see how you can say that he is retarded.
the problem wasn't the damage, the problem was game breaking sword of his opponent.
there was no possible way to keep his sword away and attacking the guy at the same time without second sword.

but kirito is cheater alright with his stats and skills from sao.
Nov 17, 2012 3:13 PM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
Ramkec said:
ssjokg said:
Ramkec said:

2 seconds...right....

Kirito just played him smart, nothing wrong there man.
Nov 17, 2012 3:14 PM

Aug 2009
frid_kun said:
ssjokg said:
the problem wasn't the damage, the problem was game breaking sword of his opponent.
there was no possible way to keep his sword away and attacking the guy at the same time without second sword.

but kirito is cheater alright with his stats and skills from sao.

From no damage to more damage than just one sword.Although not an one hit kill it still was fast for someone labeled as the strongest ALO player
Nov 17, 2012 3:16 PM
Jan 2012
Btw, how did he accumulate so much freaking money in like 2 days? Even grinding monster, I don't see how you could gain enough money to buy a castle in two days of serious playing. Did his SAO money transfer over even though he had to delete the rest of the things in his inventory?
Nov 17, 2012 3:16 PM

Jan 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.

I didn't find the fight too interesting honestly. Maybe because I already knew what would happen and all, so something not happening in the novel intrigued me more and Suguha boobies.
Nov 17, 2012 3:18 PM

Aug 2009
sambenmaggie said:
Btw, how did he accumulate so much freaking money in like 2 days? Even grinding monster, I don't see how you could gain enough money to buy a castle in two days of serious playing. Did his SAO money transfer over even though he had to delete the rest of the things in his inventory?
Yeah the money got transferred form SAO.The other items had to be deleted because they couldnt match with anything in ALO.The amount of money was the reason Kirito made a weird face when he went shopping with Lyfa.
Nov 17, 2012 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Does KiritoDaPro thinks Leafa is a guy IRL? XD
Nov 17, 2012 3:19 PM

Jun 2008
sambenmaggie said:

His Sao money got transferred. The difference in the items is just they're not "compatible" with ALO, while the money are just "numbers" and they only need to change the currency name.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 17, 2012 3:20 PM
Oct 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
This episodes encapsulates everything I have disliked about this animation adaptation.

First, the animation has taken away all the humor from the light novels (the Salamander response to Kirito's victory, Kagemune's role).

Second, once again its gets the emotions wrong (Lyfa's all too casual landing and talking to Fairy Leader, Kirito's response to Eugene (he doesn't get mad, he maintains dry wit through the battle), the Cat Sith and Fairy leaders reaction to the battle, they are extremely cool customers, not cheerleaders).

Third, the drawings are flat (this should have been a splurge episode, but a lot of the scenes looked extremely two dimensional).
Third, part two, the face's lack of emotions is really evident this episode. It is like they only have 2 or 3 stock expressions: Neutral, mad, and other.

Fourth, the writing sucks, the dialog is taken directly from the novel without even attempting to translate the descriptions which would make it easier for people who haven't read the LN (the whole Undine-Spriggan alliance bit - if one hadn't read the LN, would anyone understand why everyone reacted as they did?)

I understand about budgets and whatnot, but one can tell when the animating team cares and when they really don't, and it is all too obvious that the SAO adapters don't care about the animation, they just showed up to work. This is what is ultimately so disappointing about this animation.

While I'm disappointed with the adaption overall, I thought this episode was pretty good. The fight vs Eugene was well animated and some of the things you're complaing about (the Salamanders' recation to the fight) were included briefly and are not important. Adaptions have to cut the source material and this episode was pretty faithfull, especially compared to previous ones.
Nov 17, 2012 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
Ramkec said:
ssjokg said:
Ramkec said:
ssjokg said:
Ramkec said:

2 seconds...right....

Kirito just played him smart, nothing wrong there man.

I dont say that it was wrong.Kirito has been cheating in ALO since day1.Evenif I had a problem I wouldnt care anymore.
Nov 17, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome . Nice to see this part animated. Can't believe there are only 5 more episodes left. Lyfa ftw when compared to the other 2 chicks.
Nov 17, 2012 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
Yeah the money got transferred form SAO.The other items had to be deleted because they couldnt match with anything in ALO.The amount of money was the reason Kirito made a weird face when he went shopping with Lyfa.
why is he using noob equipment then&
Nov 17, 2012 3:24 PM

Aug 2009
frid_kun said:
ssjokg said:
That was the best (black)equipment that was sold at Lyfa's city.And he had noob equipement only when he rescued Lyfa. Weapons or armor like Gram are from quests.
ssjokgNov 17, 2012 3:32 PM
Nov 17, 2012 3:24 PM

Jan 2008
frid_kun said:
ssjokg said:

Because I can enter a town and buy the rarest equips in the game like it's nothing. /sarcasm.
Nov 17, 2012 3:25 PM

Feb 2010
Glad they are finally getting to the tree (hopefully) next week...
Nov 17, 2012 3:28 PM
Jul 2012
FUCK YOU ASUNA. FUCK YOU.

ALSO FUCK YOU KIRITO FOR THAT LANDING.

I'm loving the love SAO is giving to the jiggling titties tho.

and sugha got rejected kirito style lmfao.
Nov 17, 2012 3:28 PM
Oct 2012
frid_kun said:
eldon2 said:

That was a fuckup by A-1. Using system assist (sword skills) while dual wielding without the appropriate skill was impossible in SAO.
Nov 17, 2012 3:29 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
That was the best (black)equipment that was should at Lyfa's city.And he had noob equipement only when he rescued Lyfa. Weapons or armor like Gram are from quests.
what is the point of doing quests when you can't sell quest rewards?
Paul said:
Because I can enter a town and buy the rarest equips in the game like it's nothing. /sarcasm.
you do if you have enough gold.
well, you could in mmo i played.
frid_kunNov 17, 2012 3:32 PM
Nov 17, 2012 3:31 PM

Aug 2009
frid_kun said:
ssjokg said:
That was the best (black)equipment that was should at Lyfa's city.And he had noob equipement only when he rescued Lyfa. Weapons or armor like Gram are from quests.
what is the point of doing quests when you can't sell quest rewards?
I dont get that question...
For better equipment maybe?You dont have to sell everything in a game.

And in most mmo the starting cities do not have rare equipment.
Nov 17, 2012 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
Another great episode, another great fight scene. I'm very intrigued by Asuna escaping as well. I'm pretty sure we'll be dealing with the ramifications of that action for the rest of the season. I just hope the remaining episodes can follow through and keep the momentum going!
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Nov 17, 2012 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
]I dont get that question...
but you don't have to keep it.
in all games i played, players maintained market, where you can buy far better equipment for far better prices, then while bargaining with npc.

raids and quests have random drops. dagger user wouldn't be glad to have polearm, shield and heavy armor.
Nov 17, 2012 3:39 PM

Aug 2011
Wow lack of Sugou.
Nov 17, 2012 3:45 PM
Jul 2012
EstelleBright said:
Wow lack of Sugou.

I know and Asuna escaped, what the fuck was that bitch thinking. Sugou spent all that time keeping her safe in a nice little birdhouse thing and she fucking left, fucking ingrate.
Nov 17, 2012 3:48 PM

Aug 2009
frid_kun said:
ssjokg said:
]I dont get that question...
but you don't have to keep it.
in all games i played, players maintained market, where you can buy far better equipment for far better prices, then while bargaining with npc.

raids and quests have random drops. dagger user wouldn't be glad to have polearm, shield and heavy armor.
Many quests have rewards depending on the job(Shaiya for example).

Keeping it or not it still is better than common equipment and I think in ALO everything is tradeable.
Nov 17, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.

That part was fine but later when Kirito uses both swords...the animation was just bad.
Well the lack had to happen somewhere but still decent enough to get a good exciting moment despite rather short.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 17, 2012 3:55 PM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.

The fight was animated well, I don't see how you could consider this as bad.
Nov 17, 2012 3:59 PM

Jan 2008
whatever123456 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.

I'd agree that it was good. Much better than the previous ones during the SAO arc which constantly used repeated frames.
Nov 17, 2012 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
whatever123456 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.

For me it was bad.Totally different from the animation in the gif above.
Nov 17, 2012 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
JavierR said:
EstelleBright said:
Wow lack of Sugou.

I know and Asuna escaped, what the fuck was that bitch thinking. Sugou spent all that time keeping her safe in a nice little birdhouse thing and she fucking left, fucking ingrate.

WTF ASUNA. And Sugou tells her how pretty she is every single day. Why the fuck is Asuna such an ungrateful whore?
Nov 17, 2012 4:08 PM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
whatever123456 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
Kurogashi said:

Is a LN reader.

For me it was bad.Totally different from the animation in the gif above.
The first one was better. You could even see Lyfa's nice ass.

That fight was just way too short for me.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.