Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2012 10:32 PM

Dec 2011
Nah, I'd keep my house, I guess. What makes me so sure is that in the episode where Saki and Satoru where at it, this fuss didn't happen. People were more concerned about the animation quality dropping than about 12 year olds having sex.

Now tons of people coming out of everywhere came here just to rage about the sex and how oh so gay the show is -v-
jiroutachiNov 16, 2012 10:39 PM
Nov 16, 2012 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
So two years go by and everyone turns gay...that was a bit of a surprise only because how da eff did that mentality come about. Two years ago everyone was heterosexual in that department it seems and then everyone became homo. Whatever but very weird since it was really an upfront theme this episode.

Me thinks Shun is eliminated.

Artwork again has changed and for the worse imo.

Edit: after reading another post I guess everyone is bisexual? Freaking weird ass culture man lol. Story needs to pick up again. Another stage is being set I hope to validate all the bizarreness.
IZEROIINov 16, 2012 10:42 PM
Nov 16, 2012 10:39 PM
Oct 2010
donotthrowsouls said:
Nah, I'd keep my house, I guess. What makes me so sure is that in the episode where Saki and Satoru where at it, this fuss didn't happen. People were more concerned about the animation quality dropping than about 12 year olds having sex.

Now tons of people coming out of everywhere came here just to rage just about the sex.
But they didn't do it in that episode (at least in the anime) since Saki managed to control her impulses. Having sex is not the same as almost having sex. Hell, it's even commendable to show a strong will.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 16, 2012 10:42 PM
Apr 2009
Why are people so surprised that there were homosexual relationships? It straight out said in episode 4 that they are genetically engineered to have sex to relieve stress and that their village prevents male/female relationships until they're adults so they encourage homosexual relationships during childhood and teen years. They friggin told you.

Do you guys actually pay any attention to what is being said or just stare at the pretty pictures?

Christ.
Nov 16, 2012 10:43 PM

Dec 2011
Ajunky said:
donotthrowsouls said:

Now tons of people coming out of everywhere came here just to rage just about the sex.
But they didn't do it in that episode (at least in the anime) since Saki managed to control her impulses. Having sex is not the same as almost having sex. Hell, it's even commendable to show a strong will.

They did have sex in that episode, though. Well...
Nov 16, 2012 10:45 PM

Oct 2011
IZEROII said:
So two years go by and everyone turns gay...that was a bit of a surprise only because how da eff did that mentality come about. Two years ago everyone was heterosexual in that department it seems and then everyone became homo. Whatever but very weird since it was really an upfront theme this episode.

They don't "turn gay". No one can "turn gay". This isn't just aimed at you but I've read through this forum enough to see "turn gay" way too much.

Just because they didn't show it when they were twelve doesn't mean that they hadn't had already had sexual experiences with boys and girls before.

When the kids were listening to the Minoshiro talk about the bonobo monkeys and how they take out their stress through sexual activity with each other, remember how Saki thinks of her mother and Maria. It is very possible that she was taught since she was little to touch herself and other girls. It is also very possible that Maria and her had touched each other before. Same goes with Shun and the rest. This isn't uncommon.

They show it more often at fourteen because they are pairing up and finding lovers of their own to relieve their stress. You could say they are all bisexual. Homosexuality is allowed and even encouraged when they are young while heterosexuality is usually postponed until they reach eighteen (an adult age). I hope I explained myself well. They don't "turn gay". I don't even like that expression. D:
Nov 16, 2012 10:46 PM

Jul 2011
I don't know what I just watched x.x didn't expect to hit in the face with yaoi/yuri like this...I'll keep watching for stories sake but man....gay couples all over the place in their school xD (not that theres anything wrong with that, just thought it was kinda funny)
Nov 16, 2012 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
IZEROII said:

Its like you weren't even paying attention to the show.
The Art of Eight
Nov 16, 2012 10:51 PM

Jan 2011
EmeralDragon23 said:
Why are people so surprised that there were homosexual relationships? It straight out said in episode 4 that they are genetically engineered to have sex to relieve stress and that their village prevents male/female relationships until they're adults so they encourage homosexual relationships during childhood and teen years. They friggin told you.

Do you guys actually pay any attention to what is being said or just stare at the pretty pictures?

Christ.

Dude...it was never once said that heterosexual relationships were PREVENTED until adulthood. What it said was that the venting of stress through intimacy was common for adults but also became necessary even for those who were immature and thus the bonobos culture ideology was implanted or rather tried to be implanted.
Nov 16, 2012 10:52 PM
Oct 2010
donotthrowsouls said:
They did have sex in that episode, though. Well...
Did they? I was sure they didn't (but maybe I missed the key implication)... Even if they did, it wasn't as clear as this time, at least to me.

Well, whatever, at the end of the day we cannot get a definite answer as to whether you would have lost your house XD. From this point on, those who didn't drop it here are unlikely to drop it in the event of straight sex... I still think some people would have raged about it if it had been shown this episode.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 16, 2012 10:52 PM

Jan 2011
myuun said:
IZEROII said:

They don't "turn gay". No one can "turn gay". This isn't just aimed at you but I've read through this forum enough to see "turn gay" way too much.

Just because they didn't show it when they were twelve doesn't mean that they hadn't had already had sexual experiences with boys and girls before.

When the kids were listening to the Minoshiro talk about the bonobo monkeys and how they take out their stress through sexual activity with each other, remember how Saki thinks of her mother and Maria. It is very possible that she was taught since she was little to touch herself and other girls. It is also very possible that Maria and her had touched each other before. Same goes with Shun and the rest. This isn't uncommon.

They show it more often at fourteen because they are pairing up and finding lovers of their own to relieve their stress. You could say they are all bisexual. Homosexuality is allowed and even encouraged when they are young while heterosexuality is usually postponed until they reach eighteen (an adult age). I hope I explained myself well. They don't "turn gay". I don't even like that expression. D:

No you said it perfectly. I think I shouldn't of used "turn" or "turning" gay. Never meant it in the literal sense of the word but more like how you described the situation. :D Need to remember that some people take every word literally and some are nice like you and some are just...I'll stop there.
Nov 16, 2012 10:58 PM

Aug 2011
Holy shit, Shun. I had a feeling this was gonna happen. Next episode will be intense!

By the way, we get the best of both homo worlds so there should be no complaining.
Nov 16, 2012 10:58 PM

Oct 2011
IZEROII said:

No you said it perfectly. I think I shouldn't of used "turn" or "turning" gay. Never meant it in the literal sense of the word but more like how you described the situation. :D Need to remember that some people take every word literally and some are nice like you and some are just...I'll stop there.

No I totally get you.
Hahaha, it's okay, I just saw it used so much that I finally just was like, "NO STAWP IT".
Ajunky said:
Did they? I was sure they didn't (but maybe I missed the key implication)... Even if they did, it wasn't as clear as this time, at least to me.

They did, but it is like very slightly shown. If you re-watch the episode you can see Saki sliding down to where his pants are and... well. It is implied, but trust that it isn't something anyone catches quickly. Even I had to ask a friend and that was when my suspicions were confirmed.
itsvero said:
By the way, we get the best of both homo worlds so there should be no complaining.

Hahaha I laughed at your statement. Actually...
Nov 16, 2012 11:16 PM

Mar 2012
AHHHH MY EYES MY EYES!!

Looks like Im up for another Boku no Pico shit..

Things go soo well in the first 7 episodes...everyone's straight..2 years later. Everyone turned homo.
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Nov 16, 2012 11:18 PM

Jul 2011
Honestly I don't really care about the yuri/yaoi, but what in the fuck is up with the animation quality degrading every single episode? Is the show running out of money?
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Nov 16, 2012 11:20 PM

Mar 2012
And this episode is just wrong in soo many different levels..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Nov 16, 2012 11:25 PM

Aug 2011
ArmorKingRulez said:
And this episode is just wrong in soo many different levels..

How so?
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 16, 2012 11:25 PM

Nov 2007
After reading this thread, and seeing some animated GIFs, now, I am convinced that I can keep this anime "on hold" for now. I will either resume watching it or drop it based on what the next few episodes would have to offer. I intentionally clicked the spoiler tags just to know what to expect. I was prepared for this episode, but when they somewhat showed explicit things, it doesn't really go with my taste.

I am not going to say any hate words because I really don't care. But not caring doesn't mean I enjoy something as it is. I can only enjoy things such as this in the spoiler.

So, those who are enjoying the anime, keep up the good work of discussing it as through your discussions I might give this anime another shot, because I really liked the atmosphere and the plot of the anime. And those who are not enjoying, please refrain from hate comments. It makes you look immature. I also find it double standard when someone says they (males in general) are okay with yuri but wouldn't accept yaoi. Just my two cents.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 16, 2012 11:35 PM

Oct 2011
ArmorKingRulez said:
AHHHH MY EYES MY EYES!!

Things go soo well in the first 7 episodes...everyone's straight..2 years later. Everyone turned homo.

I'm just gonna quote myself. /sigh

myuun said:

Nov 16, 2012 11:36 PM

Nov 2007
Also, the best Yaoi show of the year is THIS! Bloody Brilliant!
Coronavirus.
Nov 16, 2012 11:37 PM

Jun 2008
I've seen a lot of weird anime, but I don't think anything has made me wtf like that just did.
Nov 16, 2012 11:39 PM

Nov 2011
shanimebib said:

You don't talk shit about JOJO brah! I will slap your shit!
The Art of Eight
Nov 16, 2012 11:48 PM

Nov 2007
dankickyou said:
shanimebib said:

You don't talk shit about JOJO brah! I will slap your shit!

I am glad there's someone to slap my shit! How many breads have you shitted in your life?! If you are really in to it, know that I am on board the Speedwagon too! This is the best shit you can get before hitting weekends! Simply amazing! It surprises me that a very few are actually following it!
Coronavirus.
Nov 16, 2012 11:51 PM

Sep 2012
The fuck was with the forced Yaoi and Yuri in this episode? The Yuri I guess I kinda saw coming since those two had a close relationship with each other...but Satoru x Shun? Where did that come from? And then Satoru get's his ass a new guy like two minutes after...the fuck? I'm not a homophobe so don't get the wrong idea, I just don't see how this really fits into the show.

That being said nothing really happens in this episode until the last two minutes where Shun is talking to Saki about "needing rehab". Guess they're killing him off or something? I was wondering as well why they never got punished for their actions from the past...I guess it's gonna build up to something though.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Nov 17, 2012 12:04 AM

Apr 2011
The drop in animation quality was a bit of a let down, but it didn't really bother me that much. The only thing that DID bother me was the feeling that these same sex relationships will be abandoned in favour of heterosexual relationships later down the track. I hope at least one of the main characters will remain with a same sex partner. :<
Nov 17, 2012 12:11 AM

Sep 2009
> I hope at least one of the main characters will remain with a same sex partner. :<

I should disappoint you...
Nov 17, 2012 12:11 AM
Feb 2012
ArmorKingRulez said:

Do you see a 20 something man fucking a 10 year old boy here?
Nov 17, 2012 12:22 AM

Apr 2008
While the topic is drowned in talk about Satoru kissing Shun

Is there nobody who's amused at the fact that vinyl record survived and playable 1000+ years in the future ?
Nov 17, 2012 12:23 AM
May 2009
I haven't started this anime but after seeing the yaoi part *_* i gotta watch it~ but >_>'' urgh! theres yuri too....
Nov 17, 2012 12:25 AM

Jun 2012
All dat homo and QUALITY...

...5/5 episode
Nov 17, 2012 12:26 AM

Jun 2011
Orulyon said:
walk said:
this is when the fandom is ruined forever and people remember this anime as "the anime that was only good for the yaoi"

Nah. Im a die hard yaoi fan and yet I praise this anime not just for introducing yaoi and yuri (YAY, GENDER EQUALITY IN ANIME, ISNT THAT WONDERFUL?*.* I can die happy now ) but mostly for the intriguing plot and for the mindfuck because I took a long time reflecting trying to understand what the hell was going on.

27CansOfTuna said:
Best episode yet, my otp ftw!

Hot.

+1 *A*

Dafuq, well I thought it was a big deal, until I saw this, meh it doesn't affect me as much as I thought it will :D

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
LunaNov 17, 2012 5:48 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 17, 2012 12:32 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was freaking extreme. I haven't seen an anime push the boundaries like that before. Their pretty sexually active for a bunch of fourteen year olds, but I guess it all goes back to the bonobo society integration. Still weirded me out though.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 17, 2012 12:32 AM

Nov 2011
Natsu12345 said:

Dafuq, well I thought it was a big deal, until I saw this, meh it doesn't affect me as much as I thought it will :D

Pretend Shun is a girl. He is already prettier than all the girls in the show put together.

During Satoru X Shun I was like D: and during Saki x Maria I was like :D
The Art of Eight
Nov 17, 2012 12:37 AM
Sep 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
> I hope at least one of the main characters will remain with a same sex partner. :<

I should disappoint you...

Yep.

Shun is gone.

Satoru is in love with Saki and vice versa and Mamoru is in love with Maria and vice versa.

Saki and Maria love each other but they're not IN LOVE with each other so that won't last...
Nov 17, 2012 2:12 AM

Oct 2012
The one quiet guy in their group became my favorite character. I thought it was amusing how he was walking through a hallway full of same sex couples and he couldn't care less.
Nov 17, 2012 2:31 AM
Sep 2012
1st 5 minute : LMAO
next 10m : My eye!!!!!
Seriously, they don't hold back at all!!!!
Homophobic aside, from explanation in earlier episode, Look like Shun begin to turn into karma demon.
Nov 17, 2012 2:36 AM

Jan 2009
Your know when you try to surprise your viewers with a bundle of gaylords try not to do with with shitty animation quality.

But HOLY FUCK the animation made me very sad the anime has not lost direction though considering how the other guy really liked saki. Shun looked pretty gay from the start but the other guy....come on with that one.
Nov 17, 2012 2:39 AM
Sep 2012
Ovyda said:
It was disgusting... ew :( But it was also interesting... Why good stories like No.6 and Shinsekai Yori must turn into yaoi? :(

Can't agree more,
I dropped no.6 when the rat begin spouting love. What a waste
Nov 17, 2012 3:15 AM

Sep 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
I'm okay with the yuri contents, but not with the yaoi Rofl ...

And you're happy to have that kind of stupid opinion!

Tyrel said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Found it odd how they treated the one straight guy like the outcast....

LOL. It's like straight people don't exist in this show :|

You guys weren't really watching the show, right? Because straight relationship are not the norm for the teenagers in this society. A great number of times, gay people are also treated like outcast in our society.
Nov 17, 2012 3:22 AM

Sep 2012
OGHelios said:
The fuck was with the forced Yaoi and Yuri in this episode? The Yuri I guess I kinda saw coming since those two had a close relationship with each other...but Satoru x Shun? Where did that come from?

Damn, you guyz don't have any attention span. At the beginning ot this episode, the narrator said that a great number of change occured during those 2 years. The 2 years were skipped, so obviously the development of their relationship was skipped.

And then Satoru get's his ass a new guy like two minutes after...the fuck?

Are you a shut-in, or can't you analyse what happened around you? He is a teenager, it's not uncommon for teenagers to pick a different partner as soon as they get dumped by what they thought were "the love of their life".
Nov 17, 2012 3:26 AM
Feb 2008
Wow, seriously didn't expect this! Interesting Yaoi scenes and well not so interesting Yuri. lol I still liked it a lot, but it was to be expected that a lot of people would complain.

Poor Mamoru though! I feel so sad for him ...
Nov 17, 2012 3:27 AM

Jul 2010
HongISfirE said:
Ovyda said:
It was disgusting... ew :( But it was also interesting... Why good stories like No.6 and Shinsekai Yori must turn into yaoi? :(

Can't agree more,
I dropped no.6 when the rat begin spouting love. What a waste

No.6 originally IS a series of novels sprinkled with ambiguous love between Nezumi and Shion, just as Shinsekai Yori is from a series of novels that features various forms of love and sexual relationships.

Coincidentally, both series are set in a society different from ours - Shinsekai especially, whereas No.6 features more en emotionally stunted protagonist obsessed with revenge [Nezumi] and an emotional leech [Shion]. In the No.6 novels we constantly see Shion unable to progress, UNWILLING to progress without Nezumi, even claiming that a life without him is meaningless. And no, "rat" never "sprouted love" [as he probably never fully realised that himself, he was too afraid of Shion and his deceptive-looking nature]

And the homosexual behaviour in Shinsekai has been explained in the anime itself a few times already [Saki even flashbacks to the explanation for your convenience] When in the childhood, and the teenage age, they will all physically engage in homosexual behavour [as per the scientific/genetic mutations that have had been done to create their society, probably so that females wouldn't get pregnant before the "best possible time" as someone had already said in this thread] Emotionally they will get attached to whomever they like/love [such as Saki loving Shun, and Mamoru loving Maria; although it's obvious Satoru loved Shun too, if you ask me] but they won't engage in heterosexual sex because their genetics have been programmed like that, and the society's code/upbringing embedded that in their minds.

I love how many are dropping this and it's obvious many just looked at the pretty pictures, paying no attention to the story whatsoever. Personally, I have a big problem with animation, no idea what's going on. Is the production team also on another project, what's going on? I'm hoping they will cover as much material as possible, no idea how many novels there are out there..
Nov 17, 2012 3:31 AM

Aug 2011
Never expected the shit storm to be this big, that scene honestly didn't bother me at all and I don't understand why people would actually drop the series over one scene.

Also, out of curiosity, are there any females that are as outraged of Saki and Maria as there are males over Shun and Satoru?
Nov 17, 2012 3:38 AM

Jul 2010
mitch3315 said:
Also, out of curiosity, are there any females that are as outraged of Saki and Maria as there are males over Shun and Satoru?

I am also wondering about this, as I like seeing both, I cannot be the judge here.
Nov 17, 2012 3:52 AM

Feb 2008
Well, I already knew we were in for some yaoi scenes, but that french kiss scene will surely leave me scarred for a while =/
Animation was a lot crappier that usual btw.
Nov 17, 2012 3:58 AM

Apr 2011
I loled at people overreacting to one scene.
wakka9ca said:
xxtyrantxx said:
this is the most gay anime i have ever seen this makes the anime K look manly

There is absolutely nothing wrong for two boys to be sexually affectionate towards each other in the context of the series. The way the series portrayed is extremely natural and quite conservative.

Also, there are actual tribes that used to have similar sexual practices in the real world.

I don't understand what is the big deal when two boys kiss that generate such hatred towards supposedly "yaoi". Sorry but this is not yaoi.

Then again: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SelectiveSquick

Totally normal reaction.

Agreed with everything you said.
Nov 17, 2012 4:25 AM
Jan 2010
ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE IS GAY
Nov 17, 2012 4:27 AM

Dec 2009
Well, this was out of the blue~

Not sure why people are going crazy over it, though,
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 17, 2012 4:45 AM

Dec 2011
I like the plot of Shinsekai yori.
Yes, the plot...

Oh, nevermind...

The animation was really bad at some parts, but I kind of liked this ep.
Nov 17, 2012 4:50 AM

Aug 2010
Everyone's being so stupid for a few homo scenes, I didn't mind them at all
I can't understand how can you guys drop this just because your insecurity of seeing two boys kissing, you are acting like kids.
Anyway, interesting episode as always, I felt so bad for Shun in the last part, but I felt worst for Mamoru, poor boy, I think he has become my favorite.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.