Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Shiina vs Aoyama
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2012 5:50 AM
Dec 2012
Mashiro. I have no idea why. Perhaps it's because of her constant choice of words that would lead to misunderstandings.
I like Nanami too. But I guess my heart says Mashiro.
Dec 23, 2012 6:07 AM

Nov 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Misaki... I love Dandere characters but Misaki is just so much better than Mashiro

Even after all this time, my favourite character from this show remains the same. I <3 Misaki still...she is so full of life =P

As for my choice I'd probably change my vote to Aoyama if I was able now tbh.

Something about Mashiro having to be waited on still and not really having a single thought process of her own is beginning to wear on me. The way this anime has been seems that Mashiro is getting flatter and Aoyama is filling out...at least as character development goes.
Dec 25, 2012 2:32 PM

Jul 2012
I live with an autistic brother. Shiina isn't autistic. So fuck off.

Shiina > The show itself.
Dec 25, 2012 4:02 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:

Shiina > The show itself.
Dec 26, 2012 11:43 AM

May 2010
... i cant..... I CANT CHOOSE THEY ARE BOTH GOOD CHARACTERS I LOVE SAKURASOU!!!!!!!
Dec 27, 2012 5:07 PM

Mar 2012
ihateeveryone said:
I live with an autistic brother. Shiina isn't autistic. So fuck off.

Are you saying that Shiina is perfectly normal or that "autistic" is an incorrect way to describe how she is?
If the latter, what is a more accurate term to use?
Dec 27, 2012 9:10 PM

Apr 2011
I prefer both. I prefer them for Sorata-kun.
Dec 27, 2012 11:31 PM

Dec 2011
I like both of them, but would say Mashiro. I don't know why lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2012 11:15 AM
Jul 2012
I vote for Mashiro, Ayonama is kind of annoying, and the name of the anime is pet girlfriend of sakurasou, so we already know the girl the main character will end with, probably the other guy from school will end up with ayonama.
Dec 28, 2012 9:37 PM
Dec 2012
Karffebon said:
I vote for Mashiro, Ayonama is kind of annoying, and the name of the anime is pet girlfriend of sakurasou, so we already know the girl the main character will end with, probably the other guy from school will end up with ayonama.

but she is already reject miyahara, and it will be horrible if the story ended with aoyama broken hearts
Dec 28, 2012 9:58 PM

Nov 2012
Lelouch22 said:
Shiina, and it's not even close. I usually love tsunderes, but Aoyama is a thoroughly irritating, pointless character who will likely become even worse as the story progresses, since she'll inevitably try her hardest to interfere with the main relationship. All of which is the reason she's the worst of the introduced characters by far.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I honestly hate how Aoyama seems to be getting in the way of the main relationship. Plus, I actually really like the fact that Shiina can't take care of herself and just leaves everything a mess. I feel that it makes her even cuter.
Dec 28, 2012 10:01 PM
Nov 2010
Aoyama knew the MC before Shiina. So, isn't Shiina the one that's actually getting in the way?
Dec 29, 2012 12:17 AM

Feb 2012
Z-flame said:
Aoyama knew the MC before Shiina. So, isn't Shiina the one that's actually getting in the way?

+1
Dec 29, 2012 2:02 AM
Apr 2012
Z-flame said:

Actually, no, you're completely wrong about that. Though she did know Sorata a bit before Mashiro came along, she didn't even attempt to confess her feelings before she got there, instead waiting until someone else actually started pursuing him before she deemed it necessary for her to do so as well. That's practically the entire reason that characters such as her never win, because they never try anything until someone is in the way.
Dec 29, 2012 2:14 AM

Sep 2012
gaiusbaltar22 said:
Z-flame said:

Actually, no, you're completely wrong about that. Though she did know Sorata a bit before Mashiro came along, she didn't even attempt to confess her feelings before she got there, instead waiting until someone else actually started pursuing him before she deemed it necessary for her to do so as well. That's practically the entire reason that characters such as her never win, because they never try anything until someone is in the way.

That's a bit contradicting. In the end, you're basically admitting Shiina is getting in the way though.
Dec 29, 2012 2:24 AM
Apr 2012
egnaro315 said:
That's a bit contradicting. In the end, you're basically admitting Shiina is getting in the way though.

I probably should have worded it better. Shiina isn't getting in the way, because Aoyama never tried to pursue Sorata before Mashiro got there. If she had been pursuing him, then that statement would be true. So while she is, in essence, the cause of Aoyama not having a chance with Sorata anymore, it's her own fault for being so indecisive for as long as she had feelings for him.
Dec 29, 2012 2:39 AM

Sep 2012
gaiusbaltar22 said:

I probably should have worded it better. Shiina isn't getting in the way, because Aoyama never tried to pursue Sorata before Mashiro got there. If she had been pursuing him, then that statement would be true. So while she is, in essence, the cause of Aoyama not having a chance with Sorata anymore, it's her own fault for being so indecisive for as long as she had feelings for him.

Fair enough. Shiina appearing will probably force Aoyama to admit her feelings later, but there's also a chance she will give up if Sorata realizes he has feelings for Shiina. Since the novels are still ongoing, I want know who Sorata will end up with before watching in case I get disappointed, which I probably will.
Dec 29, 2012 3:10 AM
Apr 2009
egnaro315 said:
gaiusbaltar22 said:

Fair enough. Shiina appearing will probably force Aoyama to admit her feelings later, but there's also a chance she will give up if Sorata realizes he has feelings for Shiina. Since the novels are still ongoing, I want know who Sorata will end up with before watching in case I get disappointed, which I probably will.

Dec 29, 2012 3:43 AM
Dec 2011
reve said:
egnaro315 said:
gaiusbaltar22 said:

I'm not sure if this thread is about which is more likable character or who will end up with Sorata. Either way Mashiro is the obvious winner because
Dec 29, 2012 3:49 AM
Apr 2009

I'm not sure if this thread is about which is more likable character or who will end up with Sorata. Either way Mashiro is the obvious winner because

No, in terms of character competition who end with who is absolutely irrelevant. I just answered question from quoted post
Dec 29, 2012 4:55 AM
Apr 2012
Harper5512 said:
Karffebon said:

but she is already reject miyahara, and it will be horrible if the story ended with aoyama broken hearts

Yeah, she has already rejected the guy, but there is still a lot more of this story to go, and I think it would be fantastic if she starts to have feelings for him towards the end of the story and they get together. It's either that, or she ends up all alone.
gaiusbaltar24Dec 29, 2012 5:04 AM
Jan 4, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2010
gaiusbaltar22 said:
Harper5512 said:
Karffebon said:

Yeah, she has already rejected the guy, but there is still a lot more of this story to go, and I think it would be fantastic if she starts to have feelings for him towards the end of the story and they get together. It's either that, or she ends up all alone.

She will most likely end up alone. Her types of characters always do. Unless this show pulls a Special A or Fruits Basket and everyone ends up with someone. But that usually only happens in Shoujo.
Jan 5, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
Shiina for sure, Aoyama is starting to piss me off. I like tsundere characters (like Chitoge from Nisekoi) but for some reason I absolutely hate her. She wasn't bad at the start but after she moves into Sakurasou she just cockblocks Sorata
Jan 5, 2013 12:26 PM

Jun 2009
Originally I liked them both equally until epiosde 12 when it shifted to Mashiro. When she yeled and how she looked at the airport I was sniped she got my vote.
Jan 6, 2013 12:15 AM

Sep 2012
Setsuna200 said:
Originally I liked them both equally until epiosde 12 when it shifted to Mashiro. When she yeled and how she looked at the airport I was sniped she got my vote.

The end... when she's talking about her chest feeling funny and how she can still feel Sorata holding her...

Boom.... kicked me straight in the feels.

Mashiro all the way.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jan 6, 2013 12:31 AM
Nov 2010
^
spoilers?
Jan 6, 2013 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
Aoyama, since I'm a brunette kind of guy. Besides, she's being developed more and more as we progress, and I like what I see thus far ;)
Jan 6, 2013 11:30 AM
Dec 2012
Hard choice, Shiina is definately more likeable as a character because most of the comedy of the comes from her and its the funniest stuff ive seen in a while....but I like Aoyama as a love interest more, shes not really a tsundere like a lot of people say plus its more entertaining to see someone with emotion getting all flustered rather than seeing the whole "what is love" developement which gets wicked annoying/repetitive but it CAN be cute IF done right so it all depends on how good of a job JC Staff does
Jan 6, 2013 6:23 PM

Sep 2012
Z-flame said:
^
spoilers?

So don't read threads on an airing anime's discussion boards if you aren't caught up?

Pretty common knowledge around here.

Jan 7, 2013 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:
Z-flame said:

+1

+2.

Though it doesn't mean I dislike Shiina. I love them both.

Jan 7, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
I currently care more for Ryuunosuke x Rita TBH.
Jan 7, 2013 7:04 PM

Nov 2010
I like Aoyama more, she looks more pleasing to me than Shiina and a more realistic character. Hoping for more development on Aoyama
Jan 7, 2013 7:07 PM

Dec 2012
Theodoricos said:
@Analog_Kid:

Because characters like Aoyama are really unique in anime, right?

Shina is also not a unique archtype in anime also.
Jan 7, 2013 7:16 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Theodoricos said:
@Analog_Kid:

There are a lot more Aoyama's than there are Shiina's.

Jan 7, 2013 7:19 PM

Dec 2012
Shiveron said:
tsudecimo said:
Theodoricos said:
@Analog_Kid:

Yea exactly
Jan 7, 2013 8:34 PM

May 2011
Aoyoma is a slut bitch for getting in the way of the OTP Shiina x Sorata.

Damn whore. She needs to go start practicing schlicking since cuntbait like her will end up alone.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 7, 2013 8:36 PM
Nov 2010
Bobbypick said:

Damn whore. She needs to go start practicing schlicking since cuntbait like her will end up alone.
Don't know if serious....
Jan 7, 2013 10:17 PM

Dec 2012
Bobbypick said:

Some people ..... -___-
Jan 7, 2013 10:37 PM

Feb 2012
I like both characters but i would say that Aoyama couples better with Sorata. Shiina is most likely gonna end up with Sorata but tbh she doesnt need him really ... she would have been well off with or without him. In this case, i feel bad that Aoyama loses
Jan 8, 2013 12:04 AM

Jul 2012
JacTheRipper said:
I like both characters but i would say that Aoyama couples better with Sorata. Shiina is most likely gonna end up with Sorata but tbh she doesnt need him really ... she would have been well off with or without him. In this case, i feel bad that Aoyama loses

I feel like Aoyama would have a way easier time dealing with rejection, moving on, and finding someone else than Shiina would though.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 8, 2013 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
Theodoricos said:
The point is that the whole anime has been building up with a more unique romance with Shiina, ever since the first episode - and it's largely the appeal of it. Hell, the anime's named after her - The Pet Girl of Sakura Dormitory. It's the romance more people would want to see and it would be the more logical one for the writers to pursue.

So at least I'll give them credit that they are not writing Aoyama as more sympathetic than Shiina, at least not as much as they could have. It's easier to root for Shiina instead.

What are you talking about it is a given fact(100%) that sorata will end up with shina , and i don't really think i would be sympathetic towards shina if she gets rejected ( which has 0 chance of happening...)
Jan 8, 2013 3:04 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, I didn't expect this thread to explode the way it did. I'm intrigued by all the points being brought up here (although I still stand firmly by Nanami). The point that lots of people probably voted for Mashiro because of her appearance has interested me - because personally, I find Aoyama more attractive.

I was wondering if the demographic of forum lurkers here might have skewed the votes made at 'face value'. It's interesting, to say the least, to be discussing a japanese show on an english forum; and I was wondering if there's perhaps some audience whose voices have yet to be heard.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Jan 8, 2013 3:07 AM

Oct 2012
Shiina because Aoyama is an annoying tsundere.
Jan 8, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2011
JacTheRipper said:

Totally agreed.

Jan 8, 2013 6:14 AM

Dec 2012
I do not particularly dislike any of them. Realistically, I would want a wife like Aoyama who can do many things and take care of the housework and all, while I would stay far, far away from a girl like Shiina despite how cute she is. Although I'm 100% sure that Shiina will end up with Sorata, I voted Aoyama because the relationship between Shiina and Sorata seems extremely awkward to me, it's more like a big brother taking care of a five-year old girl that doesn't talk much.
Jan 8, 2013 10:23 AM

Dec 2010
Shiveron said:
tsudecimo said:
Theodoricos said:
@Analog_Kid:

So true, but even more then that, Shiina has plot armor, the anime name is based on her after all, i would be genuinely shocked if Aoyama won. There has been no indication that Sorata sees Aoyama that way after all, all Aoyama is imo is a source of drama to progress SorataxShiina, its a known method.
Jan 8, 2013 10:32 AM
Nov 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Shiveron said:
tsudecimo said:
Theodoricos said:
@Analog_Kid:

So true, but even more then that, Shiina has plot armor, the anime name is based on her after all, i would be genuinely shocked if Aoyama won. There has been no indication that Sorata sees Aoyama that way after all, all Aoyama is imo is a source of drama to progress SorataxShiina, its a known method.
what?
Jan 8, 2013 10:37 AM

Dec 2010
Z-flame said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Shiveron said:
tsudecimo said:
Theodoricos said:
@Analog_Kid:

what?

Episode 13 said it all, you think Sorata had any thoughts of romance when he accepted that ticket? he accepted it without a care in the world, no getting nervous, no blushing, a "date" is that last possible thought on his mind when going with Aoyama to a play. I mean seriously its not hard to tell the difference between her reactions and his. While in Mashiro's case despite his outburst he was still blushing several times in the episode, notably when the editor asked him those questions about Mashiro.
Jan 8, 2013 11:33 AM

Nov 2012
ClawViper7 said:
I do not particularly dislike any of them. Realistically, I would want a wife like Aoyama who can do many things and take care of the housework and all, while I would stay far, far away from a girl like Shiina despite how cute she is. Although I'm 100% sure that Shiina will end up with Sorata, I voted Aoyama because the relationship between Shiina and Sorata seems extremely awkward to me, it's more like a big brother taking care of a five-year old girl that doesn't talk much.

I understand your point perfectly, because the relationship between Shiina and Sorata sometimes reminds me on Hayate's and Nagi's from "Hayate no gotoku".
But, it only starts like that, because it evolves into a relationship in which both of them are learning important things about what they want from themselves and what they want for people who they care about. The most romantic and heartwarming stories can start from silly and awkward situations, and one can't simply deserve someone's love just because he or she seems like a more rational choice. Don't be swayed at first glance.
Aoyama's love is just a crush for someone who attracts you, while Shiina's love evolves from awkward bond between "master" and "pet" to relationship based on mutual admiration and care which inspire her and Sorata to grow and further develop as persons. That still doesn't makes Shiina's love "better" or more sincere than Aoyama's, but it creates stronger ties and reaches much deeper in the heart, and therefore justifies the eventual Shiina x Sorata ending.
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Jan 8, 2013 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
tsudecimo said:
Bobbypick said:

Some people ..... -___-

I lold xD
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
Yesterday, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.