Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2012 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Another great episode!

I found Chizuru and Haru's little interactions to be funny to watch especially with her awkwardness. But oh God, I found the "argument" between Shizuku and Haru even more funny.

The classroom scene..wow, just one push to Shizuku and a falcon punch. Haru = boss, enough said. He even goes for another...kiss, like a boss. 5/5.
Nov 12, 2012 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
Young Yoshida-kun is cute and that woman (doesn't sound like his mother) is unique.

lol~ they are having fight, and she lost to him in ranking.

Wait, is that Sakura-san's voice for that blond hair with glasses guy? He's... in a bad way. And one of his "friends" are Abe-san?

Nice little moment between Yoshida-kun and iinchou girl.

And nice blushing moment between Yoshida-kun and Shizuku.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 12, 2012 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
These two are starting to drive me crazy but I still can't hate this show. Thank god Natsume is in this show to provide extra comedy or else I would just be mad at Shizuka and Haru.
Nov 12, 2012 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
So there is banana juice in Japan?

Well at least they are moving forward with the "relationship". Haru sure doesn't think, why would he try to lick her again? That was the funniest part.

I was more surprised that the other four guys where from a private school and that Kenji is the intelligent type.
Nov 12, 2012 11:01 AM
Sep 2011
I didn't think I'd be saying this but I seriously want Haru to just dump Shizuku and get with the class rep. Think of it, Oshino is much kinder to him and likes him for who he he, she doesn't hide her emotions from him and doesn't become a complete jealous bitch over the fact she isn't number 1 at exam results snd start rejecting him with no regard to how he feels. Seriously right now I want nothng more for them to get into a relationship, reject Shizuku and the moral of the story can be: Don't be a bitch, bitch.

In fact I think Krillin summed up my current thoughts on Shizuku in the show right now in DBZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5vqcSufumc
edl01Nov 12, 2012 11:26 AM
Nov 12, 2012 11:27 AM

Aug 2011
Dammit, Shizuku, you flipping idiot. She's ruining the whole show.
Nov 12, 2012 11:37 AM

Jul 2009
i guess that's what it means to have charm- to say the right things at the right time - even if you're as oblivious as haru.
Nov 12, 2012 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! SDAGDYGSDYFGASUYGFSYDGYFGASYDGU * ~ *

MY HEART CANT CONTAINS AS I WATCH TONARI NO KAIBUTSU KUN!! ;_______; ♥ ♥ ♥

IM DYINGGG IM DYINGGGGGGG

MONDAYS R GREAT

and Shizuku is ADORABLE!!! ;^; >W< <3 <3 *O*
Nov 12, 2012 12:06 PM

Jul 2010
This is officialy the most hilarious romance i've ever seen.To people who are saying that Shizuku is annoying because of her behavior...she just needs time, God.There's definitely a reason for her to be like that, and even if not, she didnt have any friends before, she don't know how to behave around them or person that loves her.All she did in her life was studying, and im sure some people here know how freaking hard is it to change something in our lives.Just give her time, so she will understand things she don't know and realize everything.At least thats what i think.

5/5 Shizuku.Shizuku.Shizuku.Shizuku.Shizuku.Shizuku. lmao.
Nov 12, 2012 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
I just can't help but smile throughout the episode. They are all fidgety! Ahahaha. Even though their romance aren't moving... I still like this show.

A school anime isn't a school anime without the festival! Can't wait for next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2012 12:36 PM

Jun 2009
HARY WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO CUTE OMFG ;A;
Nov 12, 2012 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
Shizuku is kinda cute :3
Come and fall in love with Haru already!!
Nov 12, 2012 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
This show never lets up with the laughs. Got my weekly dose.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 12, 2012 1:02 PM

Jul 2012
:( I'm really starting to hate Shizuku. She doesn't deserve haru :(((

Nov 12, 2012 1:16 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode... Haru is just a bundle of cuteness/charm in one, I love him so much :D

I don't mind how the romance is going, it's okay that Shizuku's not ready yet..It was Haru who delayed before after all.
Nov 12, 2012 1:23 PM

Aug 2011
ALL MY FEELS.
Nov 12, 2012 1:29 PM

May 2012
another awsome ep.. :)

Nov 12, 2012 1:38 PM

Jan 2011
This is slowly getting irritating. Is it so hard to come up with a romance story AFTER the main characters started dating? WTF... if this drags like Kimi ni Todoke its going to be such a waste for me...
Nov 12, 2012 1:56 PM

May 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:
ALL MY FEELS.

my kokoro is full of tears... *;~;*
Nov 12, 2012 2:17 PM

Mar 2012
Although it was quite good and mostly enjoyable, this was probably the weakest episode of the series, since the elevated drama isn't working as well as it did in episodes past. Combine that with a slight decline in the comedy, and it's inevitable that this episode would be a bit worse than the others. The most noticeable flaw in this episode was that the interactions between Haru and Shizuku, the best element of the show, were disappointingly diminished, in favor of an unsatisfying, unenjoyable heightening of Oshima's interactions with Haru and Yamaken's utterly terrible interactions with Shizuku.

The obstinate, contrasting emotions that Shizuku is struggling with seem relatively insubstantial, so there's a lack of necessary weight and believability to her difficulties, thus creating a largely unconvincing, yet predictable, scenario, in which prior development within the relationship is temporarily forgotten and partially erased, much to the immediate detriment of the story. My favorite scene by far was the ending, since Haru and Shizuku finally had a relatively beautiful moment together, which was missing from the rest of the episode. That particular moment fully portrayed how significantly beneficial their relationship is to the story.

The intermittent infusion of flashes to Haru's past with his aunt were great, as they created another layer of depth to his character, while providing a nice parallel to his current troubles. Haru is really easy to sympathize with, now that Shizuku has temporarily become so unreasonable and stubborn. I consistently love how well the show manages to capture the inherent awkwardness and socially bizarre nature of his eccentric personality. Shizuku's still one of the best characters and exceptionally likable, but, though somewhat understandable, her naive, thoughtless decisions regarding her relationship with a Haru that she clearly has deep, romantic feelings for appears quite childish and, at times, more then a bit contrived. Thankfully, despite the self-inflicted, awkward distance between Haru and Shizuku, their interactions remain wonderfully fantastic, due mostly to their immense chemistry.

Natsume and her superb humor really carries the show whenever it slips into a rare mediocrity. As such, the constancy of the excellently effective lighthearted tone is largely due to her random, but often insightful appearances, especially throughout the last two episodes, since Haru and Shizuku's relationship has become needlessly complicated. She's gradually becoming my favorite character, even elevating past Haru and Shizuku, which is quite unexpected. Though I did like her helpful advice to Haru, this episode essentially solidified Oshima as my least favorite character, aside from Yamaken, who's infinitely worse. Though somewhat likable, she's not nearly as engaging or interesting as the other characters, and her interactions with Haru, for the most part, aren't that enjoyable, due mostly to the hindrance placed around her development, since she's artificially forced into this awful "love triangle". All of this causes her to effectively feel like a supremely secondary and considerably unimportant character.

Yamaken, in his brief appearances, continues to be the only unlikable character, so the show's definitely at it's best when he's not involved. Unfortunately, it seems abundantly clear that he'll be an eventual "rival", constantly manipulating and aggressively interfering, which will certainly be far more insufferable and aggravating than his momentary scenes with Shizuku already are. I was unfortunately correct in my assumption that he would conveniently appear as soon as Haru and Shizuku have distanced themselves from one another, which, for this show's typical excellence, is far too predictable. Of course, every romantic comedy, for whatever reason, needs a ridiculously contrived triangle to "spice" things up, but I'd rather this show didn't fall into those genre-specific cliches.

The solid production values continue to be one of the best, most consistent elements within each episode. The visuals complement the atmosphere wonderfully, creating a brightly colorful aesthetic that assists in illuminating the true nature of the show. The animation was, as usual, really good throughout this episode, as it's able to illustrate the exaggerated movements and embellished humor exceptionally well.

All in all, even with a less impressive episode, Tonari is still one of the best shows of the season, as it excels with it's compelling characters, plethora of humorous moments, and the superbly engaging character interactions. I'm hoping that the story will return to it's best aspects though, most notably the relationship between Haru and Shizuku, since the absence of their mutual happiness slightly diminishes the quality of the show. As such, I'm really looking forward to the development of their relationship, since it should only improve from this point. I'd also like to think that more woefully bad triangles won't be added to the narrative, but it's practically a foregone conclusion that this show, for all it's greatness, won't avoid these conventional missteps.
Lelouch22Nov 12, 2012 2:26 PM
Nov 12, 2012 2:17 PM

Jun 2008
I can't get enough of Haru's cuteness >w<
Nov 12, 2012 2:24 PM

Jul 2010
Chizuru is making progress with Haru. Got Haru to say her family name instead of "class rep". Watch out Shizuku, you have a worthy rival on your hands.
Nov 12, 2012 2:31 PM

Mar 2009
Not as funny as past episodes; however, the interactions between Mitty and Haru remain golden and Natsume's timely appearances lightening the mood.

although Haru doesn't have much social experience, he must have been watching something on TV, that was two attempted kisses and a lick on the hand. Haru is definitely the touchy-feely type.
Cat Love

Nov 12, 2012 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
Hah this is why I love this show so much
They some how balance awkward humor and romance to make it very enjoyable. Love the style of animation. Hell I haven't enjoyed a shoujo like this in a LONGG time.

Wasn't the best episode but still enough for a
4/5!

Nov 12, 2012 3:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Painful, funny, painful, and moving.

I understand where Shizuku is coming from. Having a goal you've worked so hard for and suddenly find you might not make it - been there, done that. She actually has a "valid" reason for what she's doing.

Having said that...not sure she's making the right choice. Not that a teenage girl is going to listen to a 50 year old man ;)

Ooshima is awfully cute and persistent. Wonder if Yoshida is ever going to notice...
Nov 12, 2012 3:42 PM

May 2011
Shizuku falcon punch is EPIC WIN!!
Nov 12, 2012 3:58 PM

May 2008
lovely episode , sad Yuzan didnt appear but at least Yamaken did. Oshima should confess though, its sad that she cant get the guy she likes because that guy already likes someone else.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 12, 2012 4:30 PM
Mar 2010
Someone. Please. PLEASE. What is the piano ost thingy ma bob that plays when theres that cute moment that shizuku and haru have? i.e. episode 7, when they're at the stairs and she's blushing and running up the stairs etc etc.
Nov 12, 2012 4:34 PM

Oct 2012
Shizuku confuse me earlier in the episode she said that she will make Haru fall in love with her. now she switch "I'm not going to fall in love with you" in this episode O_o
Nov 12, 2012 4:35 PM

Jul 2011
Oh... I didn't expect Haru to hold back on the second kiss. XD

Lets see how this goes.
Nov 12, 2012 4:35 PM

Jan 2012
Shizuku looked so cute when she started blushing.
Nov 12, 2012 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
Ahh i remember all the great moments from this chapter from Natsume's yankee-ish attitude to Haru and Shizuku looking like bosses when they requested the first floor

but my heart couln't take Shizuku when she said she was going home lol!.
Nov 12, 2012 5:00 PM

May 2012
Haru blushing at the end thinking of Shizuku is so cute :)
Nov 12, 2012 5:01 PM

Nov 2007
I am so in love with this anime. Their relationship is so awkward! What on earth he was thinking when he licked Shizuku's hand? OMG! This anime will drive me insane! I cannot think of anything. This is the seventh week running I saw this anime from my office! I love it so much! I just hope it doesn't end up getting me a bad impression in my workplace!

Coming back to the anime, I wonder who that mysterious aunt character was and who was the blond older guy beating Haru.

Natsume again made my day! Her comments are so genuine and full of affection for her one sided best friend Shizuku.

Chizuru giving Haru some tips made me feel sorry for her. Those who aren't assertive, never get there feelings conveyed. And Chizuru is just the polar opposite of assertiveness. I don't care though, since Haru is only meant to be for Shizuku and Shizuku alone.

So the blond rich kid is apparently one of the elite students from an elite school. Looks like he will get involved to a bigger extent with Haru and Shizuku since he was one of the five (excluding the rooster of course) who were shown in the first 30 seconds of the first episode if I recall correctly!

5/5
shanimebibNov 12, 2012 5:05 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 12, 2012 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
Soo much awkwardness in one episode, hahaha.
The interactions itself weren't that funny this time but the awkwardness was.
But I think they completely exaggerated the use of blank eyes.. I mean, it's damn funny when unexpected but this time it happened every couple of minutes. That's taking the comedy out of it.. :/
However, Shizuku slowly recognizes that she can't fool herself. She still loves Haru. :)
Nov 12, 2012 5:42 PM
Jun 2008
yea more going on whole he said she said & yea shizuku is so tsundere on haru.

give class rep seem slowing getting to haru as well & looking more haru's past hmm wonder what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 12, 2012 6:05 PM
Nov 2012
I love mondays because of Tonari :] Can't ask for more can I? Kekekek
Nov 12, 2012 6:39 PM

Aug 2011
ROMANCE LOOOVE <33333333
Nov 12, 2012 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
rebelakuma said:
Haru blushing at the end thinking of Shizuku is so cute :)
Nov 12, 2012 6:52 PM

Aug 2011
Natsume is 1 of my favourite character from the series but this episode has make me like her more than manga.
She's adorable <3

I also think they push forward the development for Haru which is a good thing.
So far the anime has been good, I like the anime more than the manga :D

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Nov 12, 2012 7:12 PM

Nov 2007

No wonder why she can't score more than Haru lol! The sixth line is grammatically incorrect. :D
Coronavirus.
Nov 12, 2012 7:25 PM

Nov 2007
And just realized the three in the OP finally make their appearance in Tonari!

Coronavirus.
Nov 12, 2012 7:26 PM

Feb 2012
7 episodes already and still no boring ep? This really deserves a high ranking :D

shanimebib said:

No wonder why she can't score more than Haru lol! The sixth line is grammatically incorrect. :D

lol even the 3rd line on the right whiteboard is gramatically incorrect too :D
"She name is Saeko."
Nov 12, 2012 7:42 PM
Jul 2012
This episode was probably the best so far, making me go crazy and I'm a 16 yea old dude!
"
Nov 12, 2012 7:47 PM

Nov 2007
HauntingShock said:
7 episodes already and still no boring ep? This really deserves a high ranking :D

shanimebib said:

lol even the 3rd line on the right whiteboard is gramatically incorrect too :D
"She name is Saeko."

God! I can't blame Shizuku! I was sure I read "Her name is Saeko" :D
And now that I go through those lines again, the 7th line reads "It's name is Nagoya" when it should be "Its" :D

Poor Shizuku. :P
Coronavirus.
Nov 12, 2012 7:53 PM

Jul 2010
Another great episode. I just wish Shizuku would just admit her feelings to Haru already. She needs to stop flip flopping lmao. and im also very curious of haru's past as we got introduced to his aunt. Every week i want more and more o.o
Nov 12, 2012 8:02 PM
Dec 2010
Lovers Quarrels ^_^
Nov 12, 2012 8:40 PM

Nov 2010
OMG another great episode!! I feel like a teenager again xD They make such a great couple :3
Nov 12, 2012 8:45 PM
Sep 2012
LOL @ Haru naming the barricade after Shizuku.
Nov 12, 2012 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
Another Awesome Episode.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.