Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2012 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat battle, Yuki Kajiura's music, class change, and barrier magic. Not a bad way to start off this episode. I lol'd when Kirito got bitch slapped by Lyfa (with traces of still remaining on his face) for biting her.

Some little emotional talk between the duo later with a little cliffhanger. Well, the soundtrack of this episode imo is actually a bit pleasant to hear especially during the fights.

Nov 10, 2012 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
Learning Magic.

Those suspicious people are Salamander? During the battle, he became one of the monsters he fought in previous arc! lol @ how Kirito get info. and girls are being disliked at guys deal with things. So that enemy that they met first came for revenge. And lol @ the joke he did.

The team leader tricked them for a war? Lyfa told him to kill her to gain his goal, but he's not doing so because he treasures her. Ending with his fast running and going through monsters... that was so fast!

Mod Edit: Merged threads.
LunaNov 10, 2012 7:34 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 10, 2012 7:44 AM

Oct 2010
I find this episode was a little slow on the take but made up with the action/SFX/monster in the spoiler
in thee end. I am starting to appeal more for Suguha in the following,

She is quite nicely done there whenever that is she is casting magic. Nice cleaveage shows all around with her in general. Can’t deny her appeal either in the spoiler
As they show her again in the pyjamas.

Looks like from the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352560783978_zps4a075ee6.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352560796350_zps2e5d7fd1.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352560809267_zps73a58686.jpg
Recon got caught badly. Wonder WTF is going to happen to him now? They know he was swooping around.

That hand biting in the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352560598483_zps8f6844a7.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352560606090_zpseef54d3d.jpg
OUCH! That must have hurt. Poor Suguha there.

Rest in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516591
Shall happen from now on.

In case you did not know:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516093
Rules have changed now.
Yumekichi11Nov 10, 2012 7:48 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 10, 2012 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

Rules have changed now.
I guess you mean the following?
Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.

Actually I prefer this current format you are doing. Makes it easier to read the text and there is no more worry of the post blown up too long as I open a spoiler with multiple big screen shots. It also makes it easier to quote your post in reply.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2012 7:54 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Rules have changed now.
I guess you mean the following?
Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.

Actually I prefer this current format you are doing. Makes it easier to read the text and there is no more worry of the post blown up too long as I open a spoiler with multiple big screen shots. It also makes it easier to quote your post in reply.
Best have fun in the clubs then.

Nov 10, 2012 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
^ Yeah, I see that you most of the photo links you put in the post are from Suguha's phone scene. If I can pick only one screenshot I will pick from that scene like this one LOL LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2012 8:21 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
^ Yeah, I see that you most of the photo links you put in the post are from Suguha's phone scene. If I can pick only one screenshot I will pick from that scene like this one LOL LOL
She seems quite the sexy fox there. I would not mind a view of her like that.

Nov 10, 2012 8:32 AM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
this one
love how the show prioritize suguha's boobs than her full expression of her face
Nov 10, 2012 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
^ Yumekichi11's post has more shots of Suguha's face close-up but if I must pick only one screenshot that is most memorable, I'd have to pick that one ;-)

Nov 10, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2010
lionheart04 said:
symbv said:
this one
love how the show prioritize suguha's boobs than her full expression of her face
It's obvious to appeal. Should love though how the best of her remains in up close shots such as:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352561027729_zpsdae89316.jpg
and
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352560954553_zps0da0ebb9.jpg
of course those make it obvious. I still ROFL at the privates shots though.

Nov 10, 2012 9:04 AM

Feb 2009
Pretty satisfied with the fight even if it was short. Tanks, healers and spellcasters vs Kirito and LeefaLeafa. Pretty overkill and yet he wiped them all out. inb4 complaints about this
Wished Kirito said 'Gaooo' and did it with a more playful attitude when he bit LeefaLeafa but oh well.
Second half kinda dragged with the explanations but it was necessary I guess.
Next episode is the one I'm waiting for to be animated. Here's hoping it's done well. I'm not expecting much but still, it's the highlight of volume 3 so...

The hell is up with Kirito's eye in the end card? Looks weird.
belatkuroNov 10, 2012 9:09 AM
Nov 10, 2012 9:35 AM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
Pretty satisfied with the fight even if it was short. Tanks, healers and spellcasters vs Kirito and LeefaLeafa. Pretty overkill and yet he wiped them all out. inb4 complaints about this
That? Buddy you have seen a lot animes. You should know it's a lame tactic to make him overpowered. Lame as in unfair and it was always like that with Kirito in the series. He was made to be Mister Superman aka invincible. This setup was just the most obvious in your face. He is after all A CHEATER!
belatkuro said:
You mean this:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352566630390_zps2dcc9d60.jpg
Sorry they tried to make him into Rugal/Date Masamune but failed cause the guy is just a kid and it does not appeal to at all. If anything they should have made him have a patch but even so not appealing. Leafy was done nicely though.

No luck with no credits part. Some of them are harder to get it in clean format. I got it now!
Yumekichi11Nov 10, 2012 10:47 AM

Nov 10, 2012 10:04 AM

Aug 2011
Needs mawr Sugou.
Nov 10, 2012 10:44 AM

Dec 2010
lionheart04 said:
symbv said:
this one

Its what sells, you can't really blame them for that, what fans or haters/critics think of the story aside they are in it to make money, adding scenes like that here and there shouldn't be surprising.
Nov 10, 2012 10:54 AM

Jul 2010
belatkuro said:

He reminds me of The Terminator, haha.
Nov 10, 2012 11:26 AM

Aug 2010
This show has taught me that online games are serious business.
Nov 10, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2008
I was hoping for a more exciting episode but this was till good. It doesn't seem like there would be enough time to conclusively end this without another season.
Nov 10, 2012 11:28 AM

Dec 2010
ClementIV said:
I was hoping for a more exciting episode but this was till good. It doesn't seem like there would be enough time to conclusively end this without another season.

They will be able to conclusively end this arc this season, of course tho the series still has more arcs, thus why the LN is ongoing.
Nov 10, 2012 11:43 AM

Jun 2012
kirito is sooo amazing he transformed into gleme eyes, he broke mach 5, he yelled loud enough that it killed a guy, and like 4 or 5 girls are in love with him.

if thats not a bad ass than the world should stop spinning.
Nov 10, 2012 11:51 AM

Aug 2011
alphastigma117 said:
kirito is sooo amazing he transformed into gleme eyes, he broke mach 5, he yelled loud enough that it killed a guy, and like 4 or 5 girls are in love with him.

Nov 10, 2012 11:53 AM

Jun 2011
The scene I had in my mind while reading the LN was more hardcore.

Finally we get to see
"Kindness can bring you even bigger troubles." - Akemi Homura[/right]
Nov 10, 2012 11:54 AM

Nov 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
ClementIV said:

They will be able to conclusively end this arc this season, of course tho the series still has more arcs, thus why the LN is ongoing.

I take it that there will not be any more character introductions in this arc? I would sure love to see some jealousy. That never gets old.

I just hope that it doesn't take a year or longer for another season.
Nov 10, 2012 12:00 PM

Dec 2010
ClementIV said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ClementIV said:

I take it that there will not be any more character introductions in this arc? I would sure love to see some jealousy. That never gets old.

Well if you mean more girls then i suppose there are, but then again its overplayed (since not all the girls in the series even like Kirito that way, many times its teasing or misinterpretation by people who give more time bashing then trying to understand things), and since people are touchy about harem tendencies it just adds ammo to haters so I'm not really looking forward to those scenes due to the flames that come with them. Thats the other thing, people bash Kirito left and right yet Araragi who is in a similiar scenario (has a solidified pairing with one girl, other girls like him anyway) never gets this hate, and if he does its minimum. Which character is better isn't even relevant as what i'm referring to is the similiar scenarios of helping girls around him with no feeling aside for the main girl.

Well it should take some time even if a second season is announced, but from what i hear it sells really well, so no reason to think they won't animate GGO.
Nov 10, 2012 12:02 PM

Aug 2011
Only motivation to watch SAO BESIDES SUGOU.

Nov 10, 2012 12:05 PM

Dec 2010
EstelleBright said:
Only motivation to watch SAO BESIDES SUGOU.

Your trolling is actually kind of amusing, makes me wanna see all those GIFs that will come out of

Nov 10, 2012 12:06 PM

Jun 2009
It's not that I hate Suguha, but there's something about her RL appearance that I don't like... and no, it's not her boobs. She's weird looking to me??? I like Lyfa physic better.. but of course a japanese girl who does kendo won't be blonde.

Anyway, cheers for Kirito bitting Lyfa's finger, that was unnecesary but hilarious at the same time omg.
Nov 10, 2012 12:06 PM

Feb 2008
Who said that illusion magic wasn't useful in battle?
It was really nice, just think about this is reality so it's probably will be really scary.
It's looks like he bite them and slash them in one hit.
It was really nice moment with the battle, next episode will be good.
We will see flying battle and speed battle. :D

Next episode will be General Eugene and Kirito in action !! Dual Wield Mode: ON !! :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 10, 2012 12:08 PM

Feb 2008
I can't see what's wrong with Suguha she looks pretty good as she does in LN arts.

tohzuki said:
It's not that I hate Suguha, but there's something about her RL appearance that I don't like... and no, it's not her boobs. She's weird looking to me??? I like Lyfa physic better.. but of course a japanese girl who does kendo won't be blonde.

Anyway, cheers for Kirito bitting Lyfa's finger, that was unnecesary but hilarious at the same time omg.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 10, 2012 12:24 PM

Sep 2012
Im i the only one that finds Lyfa annoying? anw not so bad episode, even thought the fight was short and one sided.
Nov 10, 2012 12:25 PM

Mar 2012
EstelleBright said:
alphastigma117 said:

REALLY? ...........? THAT'S IT?
Sorry for the capslock, but seriously, at least try to comment something
Nov 10, 2012 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
Sorry just speechless, I mean like I'm at a loss for words.
Nov 10, 2012 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
finally, the boring stuff is over, i loved the way kirito turned gleameyes on their asses and then bribed one of them for information xD its just so like him

im looking forward the next episode, its one of my favourite parts in the novel
Nov 10, 2012 12:27 PM

Nov 2011
Oh Kirito,Kirito... You should target the healers(and other cloth users) first and not try bash the plate users. This way you might not need to use your "DW mode"^^ episode gets 3/5
Nov 10, 2012 12:29 PM

Feb 2011
It was a nice episode . I wonder if Kirito will learn more spells xD
Nov 10, 2012 12:31 PM

Dec 2009
Kirito Went Hammmm
Nov 10, 2012 12:33 PM
Feb 2012
glem eye has returned! lol
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Nov 10, 2012 12:33 PM

Aug 2012
5/5 Brilliant ep!!

That fight!!.. ^^ Ahh, that monster looked exactly like the boss monster in SAO. And the way he just goes crazy ... ><!!

Also, it seems things are getting interesting with the Salamanders and Sylphs. Can't wait for the next ep! Looks like there is going to be a hell of a battle :D
Nov 10, 2012 12:34 PM

Mar 2012
Could've sworn I saw one of the penguins from Mawaru Penguindrum in Suguha's room. Or maybe it's just me.
Nov 10, 2012 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
prismheart said:

EVE Online is srs business.
Nov 10, 2012 12:42 PM

Oct 2010
TravSavage said:
Could've sworn I saw one of the penguins from Mawaru Penguindrum in Suguha's room. Or maybe it's just me.
No same here I did too here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/1352560715820_zpsa7c66c28.jpg
It only looks like it though.

Nov 10, 2012 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
Kirito stepping it up by becoming Gleam Eyes. It's actually fairly funny when he started chomping on the people. Battle-crazed idiot indeed.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 10, 2012 12:48 PM
Feb 2012
lanfire said:
prismheart said:

EVE Online is srs business.

online games is always about business :D If u are in a truely active guild/clan/team you are require to participate in battles, politics (team/guild position/internal bickering) and management/living up to that teams name.
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Nov 10, 2012 12:50 PM

May 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
ClementIV said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ClementIV said:

Well if you mean more girls then i suppose there are, but then again its overplayed (since not all the girls in the series even like Kirito that way, many times its teasing or misinterpretation by people who give more time bashing then trying to understand things), and since people are touchy about harem tendencies it just adds ammo to haters so I'm not really looking forward to those scenes due to the flames that come with them. Thats the other thing, people bash Kirito left and right yet Araragi who is in a similiar scenario (has a solidified pairing with one girl, other girls like him anyway) never gets this hate, and if he does its minimum. Which character is better isn't even relevant as what i'm referring to is the similiar scenarios of helping girls around him with no feeling aside for the main girl.

Well it should take some time even if a second season is announced, but from what i hear it sells really well, so no reason to think they won't animate GGO.

At this point from some of the less legit arguments (like the sexist one) are cause of double standards. In an hour or so though, the rage is gonna explode.
Nov 10, 2012 12:51 PM
Sep 2011
I think some Salamanders will have a psychological trauma after this wipe. Kirito really needed such trick.

The battle was animated pretty good, looking for next battles.
Nov 10, 2012 12:53 PM

Aug 2012
SAO Episodes Just Keep Getting Better And Better.
Also That Monster Which Kirito Transformed Into; Doesn't It Look Familiar To The Blue Eyed Demon Which Kirito Defeated In Aincrad Using His Dual Blades Skill?
Nov 10, 2012 12:55 PM
Feb 2012
Animefreak_101 said:
SAO Episodes Just Keep Getting Better And Better.
Also That Monster Which Kirito Transformed Into; Doesn't It Look Familiar To The Blue Eyed Demon Which Kirito Defeated In Aincrad Using His Dual Blades Skill?

Yes but since it is red and breathing fire now it shall be known as the red eye demon lol

note: yugioh? lol red eyes black dragon ; blue eyes white dragon
Nov 10, 2012 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Did I see KHR Rokudo Mukuro's successor or something?

Nov 10, 2012 1:04 PM

Dec 2010
RockerXD said:
In an hour or so though, the rage is gonna explode.

Like i said before this forum makes one feel like they can see the future, the haters are that freaken predictable, its kinda sad that they put no thought into their criticism either, makes me feel bad for those who actual have valid reasons to dislike the show and they are just flooded out by endless trolling. Valid criticism with evidence to back it up not biased opinions is unfortunately a minority in this thread, as many times people complain about stuff that was explained in the very episode they just "watched", and ignore clarifications for what they misunderstood or better yet didn't care to understand.
Nov 10, 2012 1:06 PM

Apr 2012
It's an interesting experience watching this series and the Aria series at the same time because they both use a lot of the same mythology terminology (Undine, Sylph, Salamander, and Cait Sith) but with very different meanings. So, when they mention one of those here in SAO, I can't help but picture the ones from Aria as well.

Anyway, a pretty good episode this time around. I was happy to see a prolonged fight scene because this series does much better with those types of action sequences than it does with its character based drama moments.
Nov 10, 2012 1:07 PM
Oct 2012
How many "Why didn't they just fly away" frodos will we see in this thread? My estimate is at least 20.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Today, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.