Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2007 11:05 PM

Apr 2007
Loved it. I woulda liked it if Kotonoha also died thou, or she was stabbed but survived, and died lying next to makoto's head on the NICE BOAT. That would have been the perfect ending.

Im sad to say thou that episode 11 was just poor, they completly ruined it by letting makato have sex with everyone, if he didnt do it with twin pony tail thingo's girl and the 3 bitch student council asses, i would have given this show a 10, but because of that i'll stick with a 9.

However, since i loved this show so much, and the emotions and so forth it brought out from me, im going to allow it to become my 5th fav anime, since i didnt really have a 5'th fav anime, but a tie between a whole stack of different ones.

Damn it it would have been the perfect ending if they did have Kotonoha get stabbed and die on the boat with Makato's head....
Gotta love how they made that NICE BOAT thingo to replace ep 12 before thou, pure genious, wasnt expecting the boat to actually have relevance to the last ep XD.

edit: ok i just love this boat too much now, i've gotta create a siggy for it XD.
also love how they used the games op music for the ed, love the school days op :D.
SiingSep 27, 2007 11:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2007 11:13 PM
Sep 2007
When Makoto said "Thank Goodness" Katsura stopped stabing and ran out of his room. Why did he say that?

Theres a lot of people who are glad Makoto is dead. Is it because some of you guys/girls had similar situations happen to you?

I know alot of friends would go pimpin around all the girls they see and cheat on their gf's. This series makes me think about how much my firends are hurting their gf's. Though its none of my business. I would agree with darksniperx. There is a difference between love and just wanting to get some. Too bad theres some guys out there that are like that. Selfishness usually brings trouble.

Sep 27, 2007 11:54 PM

Aug 2007
Wow. Most epic ending. Evar.

Btw. Nice boat. ^_^

Yeah, I wanna see the unedited version... more stabby and gore ftw!

At least Kotonoha is happy... and mentally insane. >.<

And I guess that Makoto said "Thank goodness" b/c all of that mess that he got into was finally over...

And what Katsura said is going into my siggy. O_o

<3 Kotonoha. I'm happy... and a little disturbed.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 28, 2007 12:25 AM

Jul 2007
ok - i know u guys are going to hate me for it but I actually HATED THAT ending.

not that i say "poor makoto he's just a stupid teen" but it was just too exaggerated. i mean makoto is an idiot. sekai seduced him. ok. but that is by far no reason to kill them both off.

im just not satisfied with a "they all go crazy and kill everybody" ending.
if makoto raped eg. sekai it would be another story.

ah cant express my thoughts so well. just hated it - sorry

ep 1-11 : rating 9
ep 12 : rating 7
Sep 28, 2007 12:50 AM

Aug 2007
hmm..
Sep 28, 2007 1:18 AM

Aug 2007
What is with the whole "nice boat" thing going in this thread? Is there some hidden meaning I am missing? I don't know. I thought the episode was ok. I mean, really, black blood? Come on. What are the chances of someone taking some notes on decapitation and applying it to their father the same week we are all waiting to see it applyed to Makoto? I swear this kind of crap only happens in my lifetime. If not for the fact this episode was edited to the point it was almost laughable, it would have been a "loved it". Nonetheless, I really can't complain. I mean we got what we all wanted right? Everyone dies and Kotonoha lives happily ever after with her decapitated Makoto head.

As I can see, everyone liked the "nice boat," but my favorite part was seeing the camera veiw of Kotonoha through Sekai's uterus and her calling her a liar. I couldn't stop laughing. That is just some sick stuff, and I can't help, but laugh. Maybe because to me it is unrealistic to go that far to prove someone is not pregnant with their boyfriend's baby, but then again, there are 16 year old Japanese school girls running around with axes, decapitating fathers, all because they just "hate" them. Maybe I am the one living in a fantasy of "the heart feels pain so easily that some believe life is pain" so grow up, and live with it. I don't know?

I thought I had some crazy School Days. This show makes me feel better about the choices I've made so far. How about you?

Signature Provided By: AK_Legend
Sep 28, 2007 1:22 AM

Sep 2007
justnlife23 said:
What is with the whole "nice boat" thing going in this thread? Is there some hidden meaning I am missing? I don't know. I thought the episode was ok. I mean, really, black blood? Come on. What are the chances of someone taking some notes on decapitation and applying it to their father the same week we are all waiting to see it applyed to Makoto? I swear this kind of crap only happens in my lifetime. If not for the fact this episode was edited to the point it was almost laughable, it would have been a "loved it". Nonetheless, I really can't complain. I mean we got what we all wanted right? Everyone dies and Kotonoha lives happily ever after with her decapitated Makoto head.

As I can see, everyone liked the "nice boat," but my favorite part was seeing the camera veiw of Kotonoha through Sekai's uterus and her calling her a liar. I couldn't stop laughing. That is just some sick stuff, and I can't help, but laugh. Maybe because to me it is unrealistic to go that far to prove someone is not pregnant with their boyfriend's baby, but then again, there are 16 year old Japanese school girls running around with axes, decapitating fathers, all because they just "hate" them. Maybe I am the one living in a fantasy of "the heart feels pain so easily that some believe life is pain" so grow up, and live with it. I don't know?

I thought I had some crazy School Days. This show makes me feel better about the choices I've made so far. How about you?

A japanese girl murdered her father with an ax and the episode was pulled and edited (hence the black blood). In it's place, they aired a travel special involving a "Nice Boat." We were actually somewhat lucky it aired at all. For a time, it was thought that we would need to wait for the DVD release just to finish the series.

http://animearimasu.animeblogger.net/2007/09/18/school-days-12-enwait-what/
Sep 28, 2007 1:25 AM

Aug 2007
Nataki said:
justnlife23 said:

A japanese girl murdered her father with an ax and the episode was pulled and edited. In it's place, they aired a travel special involving a "Nice Boat"

http://animearimasu.animeblogger.net/2007/09/18/school-days-12-enwait-what/

I don't know if you read what I wrote, but I know all that already and wrote that in there. Read it again, if you didn't get it the first time.

Sep 28, 2007 1:58 AM

Sep 2007
Ah my bad then. To be honest, I skimmed through it pretty fast, it was the "What is with the whole 'nice boat' thing going in this thread? Is there some hidden meaning I am missing? I don't know." thing that sparked the post in the very beginning ;)
Sep 28, 2007 2:12 AM

Aug 2007
Yeah. I was just being sarcastic because I really don't know why everyone is talking about that so much.

Sep 28, 2007 7:18 AM

Apr 2007
Sobzob said:
Best. Episode. Ever.
I want a boat like that too.

Lol
Finally he dies >.>
Sep 28, 2007 9:42 AM

Jul 2007
even though he was a super perv with no conscience... i thought that it was an awful way to die. And plus, if sekai had lived... she would most likely feel horrible afterwards. And it was really weird how Kotonoha snapped.. she turned out to be really obsessed.... but i guess that would be makoto's fault, nee? ^^;

Also.. the girls in this series just plain drive me crazy!! I mean.. in reality... how many girls would really offer themselves up to such an a**hole?? i know i certainly wouldn't, lol.

lol, all in all i think this anime is a big lesson for those guys out there who are like makoto :P
Shion-chamaSep 28, 2007 9:45 AM
Sep 28, 2007 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Kotonoha 1
Makoto 0
Sekai 0

Man I am SO glad that Kotonoha won. She is the definition of win...owning Sekai BOTH psychologically and combatively. GG SEKAI YOU WH0RE.

oh yah...and NICE BOAT
Sep 28, 2007 10:13 AM

Jul 2007
sour-kun said:
Man I am SO glad that Kotonoha won.

I wouldn't really consider drifting away on a NICE BOAT with her boyfriend's head in her arms winning. She completely lost her sanity... if she even had any left...

Anyways, great ending. While most of the episodes were just average, the ending made it worth it. Now i'll have to rewatch the death scenes when the unedited version comes out.

Shion-chama said:
lol, all in all i think this anime is a big lesson for those guys out there who are like makoto :P

What about the girls like Sekai? Sure, Makoto made the situation worse, but everything that happened was Sekai's fault to start with.
Sep 28, 2007 10:37 AM

Jul 2007
um. ya.

i thought it was OK
you see, the thing is, the ending was pretty good. i'd give it an 8 if all the episodes were like that, but apparently, they aren't. one good episode doesn't make up for the fact that the whole series kinda sucks.

the thing i just don't like about this anime is how unrealistic it is..

everyone is a little TOO blinded by love.

it doesn't seem like any of the characters 'deeply' love each other. the only person i can see with true and deep feelings is katsura for itou, but even that is blinded love. There are really no deep love moments :/ they seem to just love each other because they had sex with each other, you know?
Sep 28, 2007 12:12 PM

Jul 2007
Spoiler for School Days Episode 12:

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system...

But yeah, 80/100 for the whole series. Though it didn't present some of the themes it had the chance to (and that I kind of liked... xD) it did still have some messages. Which was nice, on top of
Probably would have been 85/100 if I wasn't spoiled on the ending by all those game players. Would have beaten out Code Geass for #8 in my top ten. But as it stands my favourite list remains unedited (With serial experiments lain at 10 with a score of 83/100).
Sep 28, 2007 12:45 PM

Aug 2007
I have mixed feelings about School days.

Look at the title, I thought it was suppose to be a light hearted comedy-romance. I so fucking think it was going to be like school rumble, lovehina, suzuka, Ichigo 100%etc.
No one will forsee this conclusion at the first 4 episode.

This is a fucked up anime. Kotonoha, Seika and the likes are draw and graphic-ed very very well. I am still bashing my head why it had to turn up like that. Especially ep11 where hikaru EVEN slp with Matoko. Haha, I admit I wanted Matoko to suffer very badly. Right from the start of his indecisiveness, apathy and perverted self-centred actions that is so detrimental to Kotonoha.
I think we sort of forseed, Seika, otome , kiyora will also be hurted by matoko. THis is seriously fucked up, even time I said Matoko gettin himself into deeper shit, everytime I saw him manipulating the girls feelings, I was actually hoping for a redemption. It doesn’t happen.

Well, that may be the unqiue traits of School days that draw so many fans. AHH. Sorry fot the rant, I just need to get it off my chest.

Now, I guess, we all can slp well. Going to watch Air TV now. School days make me drawn more to depressing anime. Well, at least there is a jerk like Matoko there.
Sep 28, 2007 1:33 PM

Sep 2007
Guybrush said:
ok - i know u guys are going to hate me for it but I actually HATED THAT ending.

not that i say "poor makoto he's just a stupid teen" but it was just too exaggerated. i mean makoto is an idiot. sekai seduced him. ok. but that is by far no reason to kill them both off.

im just not satisfied with a "they all go crazy and kill everybody" ending.
if makoto raped eg. sekai it would be another story.
(...)

I seriously think of it and... I agree with you. Anyway that's an anime.. that ''YEAH MAKOTO'S DEAD" I kinda feel it.. but irl that's an other story...
I didn't want Sekai to die too and that crazy Kotonoha makes me WTFFFFFFFF!! .
(Like most of you, I think)
Sep 28, 2007 3:40 PM

Aug 2007
Paz said:
I have mixed feelings about School days.

Look at the title, I thought it was suppose to be a light hearted comedy-romance. I so fucking think it was going to be like school rumble, lovehina, suzuka, Ichigo 100%etc.

I agree, but not because of the title. For me the opening sequence, song and all, was very misguiding because it has a very happy romantic tone and then.... Blah!!! Blood everywhere (well, black stuff everywhere), decapitated heads, psycho conclusions, boats, and my favorite part of all, proving some girl isn't pregnant by slicing her uterus open and then calling her a liar. HAHAHAHAHA. Hilarious.

Sep 28, 2007 5:07 PM
Aug 2007
aww why alot of people dun like Katsura??? The problem all started with Sekai in the first place..... She shouldve just left Makoto alone and not involve herself with him...... Yea Katsura really wuz psychotic but who can blame her????? First boyfriend and love, rumors
deb bein spread how Makoto is goin out with sum1 else. At first she didnt believe it, den she got raped with dat confusion in mind. Den she is told by Makoto himself rite in her face....... Den she enters a state of shock. Den da only good part is when Makoto wants her back........ Now dey r back together again she finds him murdered and stabbed multiple times............ Heh but keeping Makoto's head could be a little awkward but whatever shes obsessed with him and wants no one else. KATSURA KICKS ASS!!!
Sep 28, 2007 5:34 PM
Jul 2007
Makoto didn't say thank goodness. He said Sekai. If you go to m.3.3.w's fansubs website, they made a note apologizing for that mistake, and they say he said Sekai.
DeleteMe3409Sep 28, 2007 8:29 PM
Sep 28, 2007 7:30 PM

Aug 2007
Are you serious? Bah. Its better if he had said thank goodness. :D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 29, 2007 4:24 AM

Aug 2007
I just finished watching ep 12... ah so much blood ;D
I wanted sekai to live but oh well...
Sep 29, 2007 8:59 AM
Jul 2007
bakaidiot said:
I just finished watching ep 12... ah so much blood ;D
I wanted sekai to live but oh well...

Personally I was hoping for a mix of all 3 bad game endings. We only got a mix of 2; Sekai kills Makoto, Kotonoha kills Sekai. I was hoping Kotonoha would suddenly feel shocked at what she'd done to Sekai and the fact that her boyfriend was dead... and then she'd jump off the school building. But it didn't happen T_T
Sep 29, 2007 9:30 AM

Jun 2007
What the fuck was all of that. I mean necrophilia, murder, and a whole lot of belly rubbing. That was crazy.
Sep 29, 2007 9:50 AM

Jul 2007
Lol, it astounds me how people root for katsura after the 12th episode... really. It was apparent that she wasn't sane, it was very well implied she'd turn out that way from around half way through the series.
Sep 29, 2007 9:57 AM
Jul 2007
orade said:
What the fuck was all of that. I mean necrophilia, murder, and a whole lot of belly rubbing. That was crazy.

Necrophilia = sexual attraction to dead bodies, isn't that right? Where did you see necrophilia? :S I mean... Katsura digging her hands inside Sekai's uterus = not sexual attraction, and Katsura cutting Makoto's head off as a memento = not sexual attraction, as far as I can see >_>;
Sep 29, 2007 10:09 AM
Mar 2007
Does anyone know what song was used for the ending theme of episode 12??

I loved the end of this anime :D especially the ending theme :P
Sep 29, 2007 12:24 PM

Mar 2007
Frankmans said:

Kiriko - Still I Love You ~Mitsumeru Yori wa Shiawase~

I liked the insert theme in during the stab scenes the most of all songs in School Days, Itou Kanako - Kanashimi no Mukou e.
Sep 29, 2007 4:29 PM

Aug 2007
Sobzob said:

I liked the insert theme in during the stab scenes the most of all songs in School Days, Itou Kanako - Kanashimi no Mukou e.

I love that song, but I can't find it :(
imo, School Days has great music as does Fate/Stay night.
Sep 29, 2007 4:39 PM

Mar 2007
Uploaded it, if anyone is interested; http://www.zshare.net/audio/39242729f55437/
I had trouble finding it as well.
Sep 29, 2007 4:53 PM

Aug 2007
Sobzob said:
Uploaded it, if anyone is interested; http://www.zshare.net/audio/39242729f55437/
I had trouble finding it as well.

wow, I love you
Sep 29, 2007 5:05 PM

Jun 2007
Twiffle said:
orade said:

Necrophilia = sexual attraction to dead bodies, isn't that right? Where did you see necrophilia? :S I mean... Katsura digging her hands inside Sekai's uterus = not sexual attraction, and Katsura cutting Makoto's head off as a memento = not sexual attraction, as far as I can see >_>;

I guess I saw the whole cuddling with his severed head thing as a sexual attraction. But whatever.
Sep 29, 2007 8:37 PM

May 2007
asandari said:
Lol, it astounds me how people root for katsura after the 12th episode... really. It was apparent that she wasn't sane, it was very well implied she'd turn out that way from around half way through the series.

Katsura was the only one worth rooting for. ;-p No one else on that show deserved any sympathy, except for maybe Setsuna but she took off anyway.
Sep 29, 2007 8:39 PM

May 2007
Wow, that was more than I was expecting. Basically got 2 for the price of 1. =) I knew Makoto was a black-hearted bastard but I didn't realize they'd have him bleed ink. ;-p

Nice boat indeed.
roninSep 29, 2007 8:46 PM
Sep 29, 2007 8:42 PM

Jul 2007
Who said you have to root for someone? Or dislike someone, or like someone?

Katsura had just as many problems as all the rest of them.
Sep 30, 2007 12:36 PM
Mar 2007
Sobzob said:
Frankmans said:

Can you please upload this song too?
Sep 30, 2007 12:53 PM

Sep 2007
Frankmans said:
Sobzob said:
Frankmans said:

Can you please upload this song too?

i second that, please and thank you :D
Sep 30, 2007 1:35 PM

Mar 2007
Sep 30, 2007 3:53 PM

Sep 2007
Sobzob said:
I suppose you mean this, http://www.zshare.net/audio/3939945220fb52/

ooh! zsank yue :D
Sep 30, 2007 5:19 PM

Jul 2007
Actually I think the fact of Sekai's pregnacy was left ambiguous.

There's two options:
1. Sekai was crazy and was desperately trying to tie makoto to her (perhaps even unconsciously).
or
2. Kotonoha was crazy about her perfect relationship with makoto and couldn't accept that he'd even fell for sekai's seductions in the first place. (The fact that she doesn't want to believe makoto is dead doesn't help her here... xD)
Sep 30, 2007 8:18 PM

Jun 2007
That was.. wow. Just wow. If that was the edited version, I'm definitely not going to watch it again unedited. I don't think I'm going to fall asleep easily tonight.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Oct 1, 2007 2:48 AM

Sep 2007
THANKS SEKAI !!!!

Thanks for killing that BASTARD !!!!

One of the best end ever

Oct 1, 2007 7:03 AM

Jun 2007
"Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" anyone?

I like to see another "School Days" with a different storyline, cauz i love the chars, the whole trianlge-crazy-failure-thingy(DONT try this at home!) and the artstyle~

Its sad that the ending was like this (even though makoto deserves it) i would like to see a new chapter "The Life after Makoto 'adventure'" but without Makoto itself and sekai?! :\

The Anime was quite 'fun' to watch, cant really tell if this is the right word for my expression.
The struggle toward adulthood isnt that easy :x

amen ( ;-; <3 )

Oct 2, 2007 11:10 PM
Jul 2007
FINALLY MAKOTO GOT HIS!!

I think the ending totally made the series, no duh. I was seriously shocked at at least two scenes. I think you know which ones.

And wow, was Kotonaha WHACKED OUT or WHAT?

Oct 3, 2007 10:16 AM
Sep 2007
So that's why it's delayed.

BLOOD + KILLING 2KO

lol

At least That shitty was dead !!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!
Oct 7, 2007 5:43 PM

Aug 2007
What's great about this adaptation of School Days is that even though there is a clear victim, you can't really pinpoint who is the character at fault.

If anything, Sekai is the main character to blame for all the problems that happened in the show. If Kotonoha did in fact make the proper 'diagnosis,' then that just adds up even more to her guilt.

Of course Makoto isn't in the clear either. Although it really is hard to find fault in him when that fault is found in all males, but that doesn't excuse him from not having any self-control.

Kotonoha, poor girl...did Taisuke actually rape her???

School Days is just plain awesome, too bad a lot of people don't really see that. Oh and stop comparing this to Higurashi. How the hell is a school life/romance anime the same as something as intricate as Higurashi? Other than the whole killing thing, both shows have nothing else in common and the killing is just one of the possible endings.

That 'nice boat' crap is just getting old...
Oct 7, 2007 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
It's heavily implied that he did.

And I don't think it's ever as simple as one person gets all the blame. And technically, all their faults are the a result of environmental and genetic cause. So how can you blame people to begin with?
What's happened in their life is beyond their control, after all.

But I guess this thought process means equating humans to nothing more than inanimate objects, subject to a miracle known as life...
Oct 8, 2007 8:11 PM

Sep 2007
I just finished this series.. Crazy stuff, great story telling..
I'm gonna be depressed for a couple of days..
Oct 9, 2007 8:13 AM
Jun 2007
Chicken008 said:
I just finished this series.. Crazy stuff, great story telling..
I'm gonna be depressed for a couple of days..

I totally agree with you... I was about to drop School days, but the way they tell the story from episode 4 and onward... thats just fantastic...

One of the most epic endings I've seen in my life D:
Pages (26) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Days Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

itainteazy - Aug 2, 2007

179 by Seabury »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » School Days Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Haoji - Jul 22, 2007

136 by Seabury »»
May 12, 5:56 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 13, 2007

119 by Seabury »»
May 11, 6:22 PM

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.