Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2007 9:53 AM
May 2007
It's been about 9 years since the last episode was made...
Argh - I'd REALLY like to see much more!

A good anime leaves you feeling as though a bit of you has died once it's over, apparently. That's happened to me with this, TriGun.
May 25, 2007 2:44 PM

Jan 2007
Choatic-Lunatic said:
It's been about 9 years since the last episode was made...
Argh - I'd REALLY like to see much more!

A good anime leaves you feeling as though a bit of you has died once it's over, apparently. That's happened to me with this, TriGun.

Oh me too. I wish they`d make more episodes;; but they`ve only came out with manga. ]:
May 29, 2007 2:47 PM

Apr 2007
I found Trigun unwatchable. So I'd say heavily over rated. I expected a lot more.
Jun 24, 2007 12:44 PM

May 2007
I don't think Trigun is over- or under- rated. I think everyone knows how great this anime is. I mean, its ranked number 12 on the popularity rankings here an MAL.
Jul 13, 2007 11:12 PM

Feb 2007
I never noticed this thread. Huh?

vindemon64 said:
I don't think Trigun is over- or under- rated. I think everyone knows how great this anime is. I mean, its ranked number 12 on the popularity rankings here an MAL.

I agree. If anything is under-rated, it's Beyond Good and Evil, but i'll leave that rant for a BG&E thread. If there ever is one.

When i started seriously watching anime last year, i just heard from my friends that it is one of the best "for it's time". I loved it throughout episodes 1-12, but i kinda lost interest when i started watching other shows. I eventually finished it, and i'm still a bit unsure what to think of the ending. Maybe i should just go and find the manga...
Jul 23, 2007 11:02 AM

May 2007
A few days ago I was told that I'm not worthy in case I didn't watch Trigun, so I started watching it yesterday. XD
After the first episode it was decided: Vash is a damn "gotta-like-him" character. I'll complete this anime for sure.
Aug 9, 2007 2:21 AM

Aug 2007
I get the Trigun ain't that great kind of comments but i think it's awesome. Let's hope the movie is just as good.

Oct 31, 2007 12:01 PM

May 2007
is it? quite a lot of ppl know it, so i don't really think it is...

EDIT:
vindemon64 said:

Nov 25, 2007 12:09 AM

Oct 2007
Trigun is the anime that got me hooked. If it weren't for Trigun, I would've just watched Inuyasha and said "that's that".

From Vash's upbeat, pacifist personality right down to the epic showdown at the end, I loved every bit of it. I really do need to go buy the anime and watch it again. It's been years. :(
You can find me on IRC.
Dec 15, 2007 10:23 PM

Dec 2007
totally under-rated, shame they never did a prequel or side story on the characters of trigun. I want to learn more about wolfwood. he was bad..
Jan 18, 2008 7:08 PM

Mar 2007
Underrated? I think if I asked around, a lot of people would know about it.
But still undoubtedly a great series.
Jan 21, 2008 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
[spoilers. obviously]

I think underrated, in that most people think of the humour and action, but are either not aware of, or dont focus on the deeper aspects of the series. Now sure, its very over the top for most of the story, but the point where it went from a 'great' anime to a 'masterpiece' for me, was that powerful moment where Vash is forced to make a choice between killing a man or watching his friends killed. This dude spends the entire anime making sure he never has to kill anyone but he's forced into it in a diabolically evil way and it just blew me away that the anime would go there. I also really like the sci-fi twist of the story.

So yeah, in short, I think Trigun is underrated. Not so underrated that no one knows about it, but underrated for not being acknowledged every five minutes as a compelling classic of anime that it is.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 26, 2008 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
Cihan said:
[spoilers. obviously]

I think underrated, in that most people think of the humour and action, but are either not aware of, or dont focus on the deeper aspects of the series. Now sure, its very over the top for most of the story, but the point where it went from a 'great' anime to a 'masterpiece' for me, was that powerful moment where Vash is forced to make a choice between killing a man or watching his friends killed. This dude spends the entire anime making sure he never has to kill anyone but he's forced into it in a diabolically evil way and it just blew me away that the anime would go there.

Finally. Someone with some sense. People these days just seem to go for face value, and forget to look deeper.
When there's a classic like Trigun, that is nothing short of a travesty.
Yes, there's action, yes, there's comedy, but there's also the story, the characters, and the emotions conveyed through them.
Those who forget the value of these things, who neglect to see them, who gorge themselves on casual appearance and meaningless pap... these people are not true fans.

So yes, Trigun is underrated, not just by the average person, but by those who sing its praises for what it seems to be.
TigercorpseJan 26, 2008 5:50 AM
Mar 17, 2008 8:22 PM

Aug 2007
Yes, it is underrated. An amine not seen for the deeper aspects of it.

"The world's decadence often pertains to a single lonely heart."
Jun 18, 2008 9:01 AM

May 2008
I dunno... a lot of people see my Trigun keychains and they know who Vash is.. XD

So maybe it's not underrated... but I still love it. :D

Nov 16, 2008 9:19 AM

Aug 2008
Problem is not in Trigun being underrated but bunch of other shows so overrated.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 17, 2009 3:58 PM

Oct 2008
Antanaru said:
Problem is not in Trigun being underrated but bunch of other shows so overrated.
So sadly true.
May 26, 2009 8:11 PM

Apr 2009
Yojiro said:
overrated, imo

I agree, just dropped it. Was really looking forward to it to. By episode 20, it just didn't do it for me.
May 26, 2009 8:36 PM
Jun 2008
o_O It's underrated? I've never heard a negative opinion about this series before.
Dec 7, 2009 4:24 AM
Oct 2009
i think its fine the way it is..not OR not UR...i dont really like Vash tho
Dec 7, 2009 7:35 AM

Apr 2009
tehnominator said:
o_O It's underrated? I've never heard a negative opinion about this series before.
Yeah, it's pretty much impossible for it to be underrated. I thought it was good, for a shonen action.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Sep 2, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
It's both underrated and overrated like most other series.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 3, 2014 7:32 AM

Mar 2012
Yes, it is underrated. But I voted your "I'm a loser" option; because I think you are a looser.
Oct 11, 2014 9:18 AM

Jun 2010
It's best not to ask these questions. All that's going to accomplish is getting a bunch of a holes to talk about how overrated other shows are
Jan 3, 2015 7:19 AM
Mar 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Jan 3, 2015 7:23 AM

Oct 2013
It's easily one of my favorite.

Gal3riel said:
RedRoseFring said:

You resurrected this thread just to quote someone....ok =D
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kinda disappointed ( 1 2 )

Tomi3b - Apr 5

51 by Merve2Love »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Trigun Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

79 by LotteGiants »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Trigun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

70 by LotteGiants »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Trigun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

87 by LotteGiants »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Trigun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

60 by LotteGiants »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.