Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 5, 2012 9:13 PM

Aug 2011
I don't mind Oshima, but I REALLY don't like love triangles. At all. Ever.
Nov 5, 2012 9:17 PM

Oct 2012
lol balls
Nov 5, 2012 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
I'm really enjoying this. Balls. XD
Nov 5, 2012 9:41 PM

Oct 2011
Who else yelled at the computer when she said "I'm not attracted to yu anymore"? Like serisoly I screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and got pusshed my homework to the floor in a rage.....
Nov 5, 2012 10:21 PM

Nov 2007
Someone needs to point out that Natsume is LOVE! Her sad face and then her desperation to live a life out of knowing Shizuku's love life were so damn win!

I am loving this anime more! It seems like there will never be a time when both of them try to be a bit honest and get on with it and start acting like a couple! But the later it happens, the better it is for me! Usually I scream to myself why don't the confess when it comes to shoujo anime, but here I am, hoping it takes a whole lot of time. May be after 4 glorious seasons? I am in love with everything about this anime.

Chizuru questioning about Haru's balls, and Haru asking Shizuku to confirm that he has! I had a good laugh!

Ah~ The only anime I am watching at least twice every episode!~ once in my phone skipping work and then once again after coming home. <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 5, 2012 10:50 PM

Jul 2011
She's trying to emulate her mother so much but doesn't realize how her mother's overworking personality is hurting their family.

Haru is better off with megane-chan, Shizuku is just way too tsundere to be happy with. Or at least date her, dump her ass, realize that it was a stupid decision, and be with megane. Shizuku's not even that attractive, personality, mentally, and physically.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Nov 5, 2012 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
This was a very good, impressively paced episode, as several characters are given further insight and development. The melancholic conclusion was a noticeable shift in tone that worked surprisingly well. As such, there was a much improved balance between the dramatic elements and the moments of humor compared to the last episode, in which it was noticeably lacking in the latter.

Chizuru is comparatively dull, so the partial focus on her awakened feelings for Haru throughout the early portion of the episode was occasionally stale, though, for the most part, her scenes were better than expected, since the majority of them were of an amusingly comedic nature. The vague, but emotionally resonant complication at the end was a bit disconcerting, but self-inflicted obstacles for their relationship were expected, even if Shizuku’s reasoning is a bit naïve. It’s only unfortunate that this had to occur just as Haru was beginning to realize the romantic nuances within his feelings for her.

Haru and Shizuku’s relationship has been excellently illustrated and realistically developed throughout the show; so much so that the temporarily stalled progress and the faltered development here is entirely expected, since their contrasting characterizations essentially dictated the fruition of this inevitability. Although understandable, Shizuku's obsession with studying is occasionally tiresome, especially now that it, along with the flawed adherence to her mother’s deficiencies, has produced a noticeable dishonesty within her emotions, culminating with the moment that she bluntly conveys to Haru that her attraction towards him no longer exists, which clearly contradicts her flustered emotions earlier in the episode. The entirety of the final sequence, combined with the flashback to her youth, wonderfully illuminates the fragility of her emotional identity, as she struggles with a plethora of subtly implied problems that she has with her absent mother and her seemingly insurmountable desire to alter that fractured maternal relationship by somehow proving herself through an unerring diligence towards success through schoolwork.

The character interactions remain the strongest element of the show, due considerably to the fantastically diverse reactions. As such, though diminished, Haru and Shizuku’s interactions remain satisfyingly compelling. Natsume continues to be one of the best aspects of the show, as she's an incredibly enjoyable character. I'm hoping that she'll eventually enter into a relationship with Sasayan, since their interactions exude an immensely natural romantic chemistry and their personalities complement each other extremely well. Though she appears to be a relatively unimportant character, Chizuru, so far, seems like a mediocre addition to the cast. She's definitely likable, but not nearly as interesting or engaging as the others. Despite this, I loved her unexpected outburst, as it ended with her insinuation that Haru has no balls, which provided a plethora of hilarious overreactions. Thankfully, this episode makes it abundantly clear that she won't be a perpetually interfering sort of rival, so she’ll likely develop into a better character as the story progresses.

The production values were quite inconsistent throughout, particularly the animation. On the other hand, the direction was a definite improvement over the occasional mediocrity found in the previous episode. Musically, I thought the episode was great, since the majority of selections were used quite effectively, as they consistently established an atmosphere that perfectly accentuated the accompanying moments.

All in all, Tonari continues to excel with it’s highly enjoyable story, intriguing character development, and it's exceptionally likable cast of characters. Since, due to the title of the next episode and the ending to this one, a temporary separation of sorts between Haru and Shizuku has likely been set in motion, I think it's quite likely that another rival will appear as she becomes increasingly distant from Haru. Of course, I hope I'm wrong, and I definitely hope the rival won't be Yamaken, but it appears to be slightly foreshadowed throughout the episode, particularly in the latter half.
Nov 5, 2012 11:26 PM

Jan 2012
No progress in the romance in any way, it keeps getting ridiculous. Atleast it's rather funny.

Nov 5, 2012 11:58 PM

Feb 2012
Another good ep. Had many laughs :D

It was somewhat sad in a way... but the comedy relieved it~
Nov 6, 2012 12:31 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I found this episode more entertaining than previous ones and there were many great moments between the characters.

The sudden backpedalling that happened at the end of this episode was surprising and a 'damn it!' moment so to speak, but I wasn't expecting them to sit in their ambiguous relationship for too long so at least something happened.

Comedy was nice again this time and as always, refreshing.
Nov 6, 2012 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
Interesting, the suggested hashtag for this week from the show's account is anata wa docchi Shizuku vs. Asako vs. Oshima!
Nov 6, 2012 1:11 AM

Aug 2012
i don't like when rivals appear T.T it frustrates me
but i really like this episode
the comedy was so awesome and the way Haru shows his emotions is so cute

i wonder what will happen but for the tittle of the next episode it doesn't seem to be a happy one for the characters
Nov 6, 2012 1:28 AM
Sep 2012
Just take the next step already. The plot seems to have slowed down a bit.
Nov 6, 2012 1:47 AM

Oct 2011
Natsume why you so cute!

Anyways, this episode was good, but I am quite unsatisfied with the ending...
Nov 6, 2012 1:51 AM
Aug 2012
The pacing has really changed...
Nov 6, 2012 3:39 AM
Feb 2011
Everyone's talking about pacing......
It's a lot faster than the manga already
and Shizuku saying that was faithful to the manga plot
Plus, in 13 episodes, unless they change the ending...

On another note, the anime is doing superbly in anime-fying this series. I really love how Oshima's voice actress plays her, makes her so much more dynamic. And Natsume's is so cute omg.

Too funny, too adorable, too perfect.
Nov 6, 2012 5:00 AM

Sep 2012
That's what you get haru for turning down her confession last time.
anyway got lot's of laugh at this ep.
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Nov 6, 2012 5:54 AM

Dec 2011
Ooshima is so cute *_*
Nov 6, 2012 7:25 AM

Oct 2010
first of, on the scene where oshima-chan snap is so hilarious, the punch line is killing me. I literally ROTFL. *embarrassed* X(
And this development is expected, haru got what he deserve. Let's see what haru choose to do next, is he giving up like a child or is he going man up and chase her. In overall, it still a nice epsiode. Can't wait to see the next episode.
"Be engulfed by the flames of darkness and begone!" - Dark Flame Master
Nov 6, 2012 7:49 AM

Aug 2010
SHIZUKU! Y U NO STAY TRUE TO YOUR FEELINGS?!

Honestly, I hope she realizes her mistake someday soon.

On a side note, Class Prez is cute and funny.

And I totally DIG Natsume's hairdo
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 6, 2012 7:49 AM
Nov 2012
Now they're having conflict :) I felt kinda sad when Mitty friendzoned Haru T___T
Nov 6, 2012 8:43 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was sooooooooooooooo funny. I really like the class prez girl, Oshima? Great episode though.
Nov 6, 2012 8:50 AM
Nov 2011
ClementIV said:
What happened?!! One step forward and two steps back? I though that Haru might do something to make her love him but it was a missed opportunity.

Well, from the looks of it, right now he can´t do anything more than mature a little bit more and wait for Shizuku to accept her feelings. Also, as Micchan said "Love is for two". If she doesn´t completely accept her feelings towards Haru, the relationship won´t go anywhere.
"Often times words are uttered that stand directly opposed to what the heart is feeling. I believe, in spite o whatever harsh words are spoken, the concealed heart wants to embrace everyone"
Nov 6, 2012 8:53 AM
Jan 2011
Well then it seems that Haru's big brother predicts that Haru might run away when the time comes, but it turned out that it was Shizuka who is distancing herself from Haru, poor Haru all he have to do is beat Shizuka by getting the highest test score. I guess Haru will be better off with 4 eyes.
Nov 6, 2012 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
It is funny to see how Ooshima turned out to be the most straight talking (perhaps way too straight) about what is between Shizuku and Haru even though she is as quiet and shy as you can imagine in every other case.

The Ooshima role is very much Hanazawa's territory but quite a few scenes she is in so far requires a bit different skills than the usual Hanazawa role. Together with Akane in Psycho-Pass and Aika in Zetsuen no Tempest it is good to see Hanazawa voicing more diverse roles.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 6, 2012 9:29 AM

Jun 2007
I really loved Shizuku's decision of not liking Haru anymore. It's not something typical of anime and manga, but it is something that could have definitely happened in a real life relationship. In fact, the whole relationship between Shizuku and Haru has a very realistic portrayal.

Also, maybe I've just watched too much anime, but I don't find Tonari particularly funny. I definitely don't find it dull either, but the thing that catches up my attention is not the humour, but rather how the whole romance thing is perceived - especially by Shizuku, who is really analytical and logical. You don't find many female characters like Shizuku - and it's a nice change from the typical, emotion-driven girl lead.

Also, class rep annoys me to no ends. I hope she doesn't have a major part to play. She's really dull and predictable.
Nov 6, 2012 10:14 AM

Oct 2012
Sii_Kei said:
I really loved Shizuku's decision of not liking Haru anymore. It's not something typical of anime and manga, but it is something that could have definitely happened in a real life relationship. In fact, the whole relationship between Shizuku and Haru has a very realistic portrayal.

^ heh, I just wanted to write something like this :) I knew two or three girls in my life who were acting very similiar to Shizuku, studying first, fun second. And relations with others are always difficult, many times people don't say the most obvious things and things they originally wanted to say. Especially when there are emotions in it. Sometimes, this anime is very close to real life as any anime could be.
Nov 6, 2012 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
Ooshima is having a hard time in her class but she might be able tho make friends with Natsume and Mizutani if she is more honest with her own feelings.
Haru was also nice to her and telling her what she did wrong hopefully she won't try so hard anymore.

Mizutani had some inner conflicts here wether she has feelings for Haru or not and wether she should focus more on her studies.
Also sounds like there are some complications around her mother who seems to care more about Mizutani then her father.
Nov 6, 2012 10:27 AM

May 2011
shanimebib said:
Someone needs to point out that Natsume is LOVE! Her sad face and then her desperation to live a life out of knowing Shizuku's love life were so damn win!
I agree, Natsume is LOVE! Poor her, getting sad because Mitty doesn't need her help with love problems, that baka. And oh god that cuteness when she was clapping to start the Oshima meeting. Hope Mitty will come around soon enough and ask Natsume for advice. =p

Lmfao at that balls scene, couldn't stop cracking up.

Oh snap Shizuku's full out study mode has taken over, making her lose her feeling for Haru. And her bed hair was great haha. Can't believe they actually went to the library for a date too lol.
Nov 6, 2012 11:04 AM

May 2012
thats a good move shizuku.. now what will haru do?? he got balls or not?? lol nice ep..

Nov 6, 2012 11:09 AM

Aug 2012
waaaaw that's cold of shizu (library date) poor haru....
Nov 6, 2012 12:23 PM

May 2011
I wish Oshima's character was drawn cuter; it's a HanaKana character and she seems to have a really cute personality. Ah well.

Natsume is too good. Lots of potential to end up on my favorites list should she get more screen time.
Nov 6, 2012 12:29 PM
Nov 2012
When are we going to see her little brother?!
Nov 6, 2012 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
I hope that they will give Natsume and Sasaya some moments as well :)
We didn't even get to see this two sport-freaks play their badminton!!
Nov 6, 2012 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
That Haru at the ending, he was so in love and then Suzuku just randomly dumped him, but I'm sure that 'problem' of them will be fixed somehow.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 6, 2012 12:56 PM

Oct 2009
yeah slow part, right now ~~

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 6, 2012 2:10 PM

Jul 2011
hmm this was a wtf episode. but not in a bad way.

the overreaction of the glasses girl was hilarious.

So shizuku is back to being her self from the beginning of the series, she wants to "not love" haru, and focus on her studies. I don't mind that.

I mean the fact that haru kissed her and played with her feelings until she fell in love with him, and the fact that he told her that he didnt love her in the way that she loved him.

Well I am still waiting for the blonde guy to appear. He shows an interest in Shizuku, and well himself is an interest character that I want to know more of.
Now Haru's brother is there like nothing, so no more mysteriousness about him anymore.

NOW, let's see what will happen next.

PS young shizuku was kawaii! and very mature at such a young age. same attitude too lol.
Nov 6, 2012 4:16 PM

Jun 2012
dude, if I were Haru, I'd just think: to hell with Shizuku. I'm just irritated with her and her damn studying. But cute ep ^^ hahahah when homie with glasses blurted out, "DO YOU HAVE ANY BALLS?" and UGH, I'd just LOOOOVE for Haru to stare at me with cheeks shaded a pleasant pink -w-
Nov 6, 2012 5:13 PM

Aug 2011
Loved this episode! This show keeps me entertained and interested.
Loved the funny moments especially when Chizuru exploded.
I hope Shizuku falls in love with Haru again now that Haru realized his own feelings.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Nov 6, 2012 5:48 PM

Jun 2010
Haru surely has much patience.
Nov 6, 2012 7:08 PM

Nov 2011
I still love Natsume but I didn't like this episode that much. Shizuku needs to make up her mind! YES? NO? WHICH IS IT?
Nov 6, 2012 8:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
numero6 said:
dude, if I were Haru, I'd just think: to hell with Shizuku. I'm just irritated with her and her damn studying.

What are you talking about? Studying is important.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 6, 2012 8:36 PM

Oct 2011
I'm loving this anime. The main leads are just so enjoyable to watch, especially Haru's randomness. Shizuka is also not your typical shoujo female lead, she's more collected and mature I find. Their date was lol, who the heck would date in a freaking library?! XD

Nov 6, 2012 10:26 PM

Nov 2007
Glasses girl is better. There I said it.
Nov 7, 2012 12:27 AM

Mar 2011
A bit weak episode
But still love the chemistry between the characters
Nov 7, 2012 12:40 AM

Jun 2012
That wasn't a bad episode, although it wasn't anything like the others either. It wasn't too funny (although of course I had some laughs), but their relationship is still as strange as always. So she likes him but doesn't want to see him, making the situation strange.
I really like the little group they have, although the baseball player (sorry, forgot the name) and Natsume should be included a little more rather than just random scenes. I wonder what the class rep. will do (rival to Shizuku?)
4/5.

Nov 7, 2012 12:47 AM
Nov 2012
can someone please tell me the name of the background music when haru chased oshima ?

thank you
Nov 7, 2012 4:18 AM

Oct 2012
I love this anime! :3
Nov 7, 2012 5:54 AM

May 2010
Is Shizuku just pretending not to like him anymore?
Nov 7, 2012 6:03 AM

Feb 2012
Shizuku is an interesting heroine. I really don't get her obsession with marks and how she wants to be the best so badly, I think she pretends not to like Haru anymore (and maybe she tries to convince herself too) so she could concentrate better on her marks and not constantly think about him, 'cause now it would be even more distracting when she has a rival... and she's really cute so maybe Shizuku gives up? Don't really know O_o. We'll see how it turns out.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

186 by mirsips »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.